Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, she was holding Snuggles in a baby carrier. 

Was this newborn premie Gideon's actual baby carrier and she put her freaking dog in it or did she grift one for the dog so she could wear a carrier around with Nurie (and Kaylee)?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 4
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Was this newborn premie Gideon's actual baby carrier and she put her freaking dog in it or did she grift one for the dog so she could wear a carrier around with Nurie (and Kaylee)?

TIJWTA. So, who knows whose carrier it is? 

• Useful 2
26 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

TIJWTA. So, who knows whose carrier it is? 

As a retired NICU RN, I can state that there were many babies that I hated to see go home with their "parents". Unfortunately, nurses know crazy.   In some cases, it was very interesting to see both the baby's father and the mom's boyfriend at the crib at the same time.  Or the mom with mental issues that was allowed to take her baby home and then forgot to feed her and she starved to death. We knew what the home life would be, but were powerless to do anything.  I'm sure the nursing staff felt the same about Gideon.  They know how crazy this family is, but without any proof of neglect there is nothing they can do.  It is a hard part of the job.

Carrying a dog in the baby's carrier would not surprise me at all.

• Like 3
  • Sad 20
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

My thoughts:

2. Is the Rods' cat still around? Does it have to stalk and catch its own food like the Rodlets do?

I don't think they have had a cat since they sold the one they had before moving to the RV full time.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

By Xmas N or K or both will be pregnant. 

Definitely. It’s only August, so there’s plenty of time this year to start more blessings!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

JillR is going to turn into one of those ladies who starts carrying one of her many newly acquired Reborn Dolls everywhere she goes. All her tchotchkes will be replaced with doll sized furniture and dolls - a highchair in one corner, a bassinet in another, a stroller by the back door, crib bunks in the baby closet/nook. All the Christmas stockings will be replaced with her babies' stockings. She'll have one hysterical pregnancy after another. And everyone in the family will have to go along with it.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

10954CD3-A99C-4439-885C-E5DE146F55D6.jpeg

Only Nurie, Kaylee, Rene and Janessa were shown at a girls lunch… Gee guess the other girls were not invited.

Someone has to stay with Shrek and the other menfolk in case they need a snack or something. Plus I don’t see Nemo or Newby so Tessie  must be taking care of them . You know Nathan is too busy prepping devotions or goofing around in the lake to take care of his own spawn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
15 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Someone has to stay with Shrek and the other menfolk in case they need a snack or something. Plus I don’t see Nemo or Newby so Tessie  must be taking care of them . You know Nathan is too busy prepping devotions or goofing around in the lake to take care of his own spawn.

Or maybe Nathan is wailing to God.  Apparently according to Jill he does that all the time.  That just sounds really disturbing to me.

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1

"I love this family of mine so much."

Kinda like how she proclaims how much she loved DBD.   She hates her family.   She hates having so many kids she is expected to care for.   She hates that they don't do enough for her.    

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

I love my family too. And most of the time I even like them. But you know who I tell that to? I tell it to them, them, I tell it to them.

Anyway besides grifting Jill has nothing to say unless its Plexus, FU-ing the internet, shading the 'unsaved', Jesus, grandkids and kids.

So far her vacation posts have been FU internet - ONCE a year vacation, feeding kids, grocery shopping to feed kids.

Lets see if she addresses proper foot wear and appropriate clothing - size, weather, activity, letting the kids have fun without her and maybe buying her kids souvenirs and not her. And of course more food.

• Like 16
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m sure Jill will just drag Kaylee and her kids on her grifting tours. She needs new little kids for grifting.

She needs more music instruction for her teens on the grifting tour. They currently sound terrible. Definitely NOT making a joyful noise unto the Lord. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

10954CD3-A99C-4439-885C-E5DE146F55D6.jpeg

Only Nurie, Kaylee, Rene and Janessa were shown at a girls lunch… Gee guess the other girls were not invited.

Well, you know she had to take Nurie and Kaylee to pay for the groceries.

ETA: and the lunch, and coffee, and ice cream, and whatever presents they insist on buying for her.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 8
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She needs more music instruction for her teens on the grifting tour. They currently sound terrible. Definitely NOT making a joyful noise unto the Lord. 

Jill is too lazy to teach them music braying and cowbell shaking 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I know her boobs were front and center in that one picture, but did anyone besides me notice the extreme filtering?  She doesn't even remotely look like that.  She looks like she's made of plastic in that picture.  DBD and her kids should save that one.  If she ever goes missing, they can give that to the police and they will never find her.

I think Jill saw the movie Barbie and thinks she Jill is as hot as Barbie 🤣

And it’s a mating call to her hubster hunk

• LOL 10

It was Jill, Renee, Kaylee, Gideon and Janessa out to eat before going grocery shopping. They went to Panera Bread. Jill pointed out, “Kaylee has her baby with her and I have my baby with me.”.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 12

That tiny baby just out of the hospital needs to be home, not traveling all over creation.  Grow a spine, Jonathan (and Kaylee!) and tell Mimi the Narcissist to shove it!  

Of course, they won't.  They take "honor thy mother and thy father" to the stratosphere, and they're never going to be free of them.

• Like 10
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It was Jill, Renee, Kaylee, Gideon and Janessa out to eat before going grocery shopping. They went to Panera Bread. Jill pointed out, “Kaylee has her baby with her and I have my baby with me.”.

Nurie was also there. Needed her credit card to pay for the groceries. 🙄

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nurie was also there. Needed her credit card to pay for the groceries. 🙄

How could I forget!! Jill mentioned they were at Panera Bread and turned the camera on her and we got the standard, yessssss. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 8/5/2023 at 7:57 AM, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

2BE1718E-ED65-40F1-BB3A-F056988D3E9D.jpeg

I have a slightly different perspective. What if Nathan and Jonathan are watching the map?  Deeply enthralled in an episode of Andy Griffith?  Also, they were less than 30 minutes from my home. Scary, I could eventually run into the Rods one day.  😟

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I have a slightly different perspective. What if Nathan and Jonathan are watching the map?  Deeply enthralled in an episode of Andy Griffith?  Also, they were less than 30 minutes from my home. Scary, I could eventually run into the Rods one day.  😟

Nah. Jill panned the room in this video, and the map was turned off. 

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

And Jonathan and Nathan probably paid for everything… the hotel, the food etc. Jill and Dave only brought luggage and their appetite.

I doubt Jonathan has any money after Gideon being in the hospital almost a month and Kaylee and he being there with him.   Even if he had insurance, there were still plentv of expenses.  It’s also possible that Kaylee gave birth in a hospital that was out of network.  Same with Gideon’s hospital stay.   

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That tiny baby just out of the hospital needs to be home, not traveling all over creation.  Grow a spine, Jonathan (and Kaylee!) and tell Mimi the Narcissist to shove it!  

Of course, they won't.  They take "honor thy mother and thy father" to the stratosphere, and they're never going to be free of them.

I hope that poor little guy doesn't suffer any consequences from his parent's poor judgement.  I agree, they should be home and not propping up Jill's ego. 

• Like 11
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Living in ohio only a half hour away I frequent amish country quite often, every time I am there whether it be in a shop or a restaurant I am looking for the rods 🤣🤣 could have sworn I saw Samuel at mrs yoders kitchen last time then I realized no way he would be out alone away from the crazy family 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 8
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7C619B4E-11D8-4699-BFB4-81768BEF0127.jpeg

Gee what a surprise, Jill is front and center. Also Timbits made an appearance but apparently didn’t get the white shirt memo. And why is Philbits dressed in a suit and tie?

Edited by ozziemom
Spelling is important
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

How did I miss the lamp the first time I saw this?? Oh and I do hope they played Taboo😂

scenes-from-a-fun-vacation-v0-ydu7yiowglgb1.thumb.webp.e3570731004cd46edce81471e38bfe4f.webp

Taboo isn’t a dirty game. You draw a card that has a word listed on top.  Then there’s a few words listed underneath.  The goal is to get your team to guess the word from the top of the card without using any of the words listed below. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Oh I know, but after seeing them play charades, the rods trying to play Taboo with their limited vocabulary would be something to see.

Surely Jill would have to look through all the cards first too.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1