Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s most recent post. (Again, I’m not including the picture)

Kaylee is such a good mom....just like Nurie.  I watch them mother their children with a passion, and my heart fills to overflowing!  😊🥰  Kaylee is faithfully pumping breastmilk and  (other than some IV fluids), that is what they are exclusively feeding Gideon in the NICU.  ❤️  Kaylee or Jonathan often adminstor his feedings of breastmilk (seen below), every 3 hours.  Gideon is thriving and doing the best he can for being 8 weeks early!  God is SO Good and His natural ways work!  🙏 🙌

Being in a NICU is “natural” Jill?

• Like 11
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 2

Of course, Jill wouldn't dream of bringing the staff that are helping her grandson, a box of candy or a store-bought fruit tray (I get why homemade anything by the Rodlets would be thrown away.)  Even thanking them for their care and kindness wouldn't occur to that beyond selfish woman.  

FFS, bringing in Kaylee's siblings and letting them paw that tiny baby is so gross!  All those germs!  Jill and Hunk should be wearing sterile gloves if they must touch, just like the staff does.  I doubt they even used hand sanitizer.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

Jill posts so much personal information it’s not even funny. Wow.  Jill and Dave are unemployed so they are not leaving Kaylee alone until she and baby go home.

And then even more bothering them.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

And so the fuck what if Gideon was drinking formula too? Ugh, cranky and JillR aren't a good mix. So I'm just going to openly kick the dog - Sit down and shut up JillR. And go fuck yourself.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2

I took Jill's (incredibly stupid) wording of 'His natural ways' to mean that Kaylee is pumping and GiddyUp2™️is being breastfed as opposed to formula fed.  Then again, Jill's the resident idiot, and she refuses to accept modern medicine is what is keeping him alive.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

I took Jill's (incredibly stupid) wording of 'His natural ways' to mean that Kaylee is pumping and GiddyUp2™️is being breastfed as opposed to formula fed.  Then again, Jill's the resident idiot, and she refuses to accept modern medicine is what is keeping him alive.  

That’s exactly what she was implying, never considering the feelings of mothers who can’t breastfeed.  She’s a POS.

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Yeah. Even after Kaylee, Jill, and Jonathan, and Hulk rushed to the hospital at the first sign of trouble (as they should have!), Jill won't give credit to the doctors, nurses, and technicians who worked hard and saved two lives.  

Oh, precious Nurie gets a shout out. Who's surprised?

Neither daughter learned anything about being a good mother from Jill, that's for sure. Jill can't even manage to pass as a decent human being much less as a good mother. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 16
  • Love 3

I'm still pissed at Jill pumping herself up by bragging about what good mothers Kaylee and Nurie are. And why mention Nurie at all? Her birth experiences do not compare to what Kaylee is soldiering through. 

I do think Nurie her mother's daughter; her mothering is practically non-existent. Kaylee's a trooper now, but will this continue after they bring Gideon home? Time will tell if Kaylee can forge her own path, but I don't think it likely.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm still pissed at Jill pumping herself up by bragging about what good mothers Kaylee and Nurie are. And why mention Nurie at all? Her birth experiences do not compare to what Kaylee is soldiering through. 

I do think Nurie her mother's daughter; her mothering is practically non-existent. Kaylee's a trooper now, but will this continue after they bring Gideon home? Time will tell if Kaylee can forge her own path, but I don't think it likely.

Kaylee can't forget her own path to motherhood because BME will literally not let her do so!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Today’s post by Jill which included video of this:

The power of Christian music to a baby. 😮 Gideon had been crying for awhile during his assessment and diaper change with the nurse.  Look how he STOPPED once we started to sing to him!  His whole demeanor changed!  💙❤️

There’s now a picture of Timothy visiting.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 6
  • Fire 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The power of Christian music to a baby. 😮 Gideon had been crying for awhile during his assessment and diaper change with the nurse.  Look how he STOPPED once we started to sing to him!  His whole demeanor changed!  💙❤️

Yes, music can be soothing but only Christian music? I'm not saying to play death metal but a kid's song or a lullaby? What an idiot. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

(I hope Not Nurie is getting enough good food to eat)

AndKaylee can order from the hospital menu any time she wants. When in her life under the eyes of Screeching Shrew and Big Dip Up did Kaylee get to eat when she was hungry or just craved a snack? 

Jill and David are lazy, horrible parents who let their children go hungry while they are off making a new ones they have no intentions of nurturing either. 

Jill is in no position to talk about parenting. If she had any decency (ha, ha), she'd take her germy bible and crawl out of the hospital in embarrassment. 

4 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I’m sure the staff will be talking about this circus for years.

I'm a teacher, and I guarantee the Rowdy Rods are now indelible in the minds of the staff. 

• Like 22

I originally didn’t listen to the video of the singing to the little guy, then  I punished myself. I thought I had already heard the worst of Jill, but her singing in her baby voice tops any I’ve heard previously.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nothing like loudly singing around a vulnerable premie to spread those unvaccinated germs!

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, music can be soothing but only Christian music? I'm not saying to play death metal but a kid's song or a lullaby? What an idiot. 

And play the music, don’t sing and breathe all over the vulnerable baby. 

• Like 10
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone said Jill’s singing is like a whale giving birth. Now I can’t stop laughing.

Hey, don't pick on whales. 😀

I really hate Jill's constant pokes at others in her posts.  She implies that the nurses doing the work of keeping Gideon comfortable and alive are not doing a good job because they are not singing CHRISTIAN songs to him.  She has taken other swipes at the nursing staff particularly when her sister was in the ICU.  I imagine the staff has plenty to talk about in the break room with this circus in town.

Oh, and if his natural ways are best, why doesn't Jill unhook all those IV's and such and take Gideon home?  Such a hypocrite.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 13
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

AndKaylee can order from the hospital menu any time she wants. When in her life under the eyes of Screeching Shrew and Big Dip Up did Kaylee get to eat when she was hungry or just craved a snack? 

Jill and David are lazy, horrible parents who let their children go hungry while they are off making a new ones they have no intentions of nurturing either. 

Jill is in no position to talk about parenting. If she had any decency (ha, ha), she'd take her germy bible and crawl out of the hospital in embarrassment. 

I'm a teacher, and I guarantee the Rowdy Rods are now indelible in the minds of the staff. 

I don’t think Kaylee herself is a patient in the new hospital, but I hope she is able to eat to her heart’s content .

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think Kaylee herself is a patient in the new hospital, but I hope she is able to eat to her heart’s content .

I don’t know about NICU parents at that hospital.  At our local hospitals, family members of patients can order from the same menu patients can….for a very reasonable fee paid by credit or debit card. Or there are hospital cafeterias ( back open after covid). Where they can go eat, relax, recharge, make phone calls, etc. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Or there are hospital cafeterias ( back open after covid). Where they can go eat, relax, recharge, make phone calls, etc. 

or if you're Jill, have a baby shower for yourself. 😂

eta - correction. not a baby shower. A gender reveal party.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
10 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

If everything is God's work, how come they are in hospital? Why do they need those sinner taking care of the baby?

Damn, they infuriate me so bad

IKR? I keep asking this question.

• Like 8
34 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

If everything is God's work, how come they are in hospital? Why do they need those sinner taking care of the baby?

Damn, they infuriate me so bad

For the same reason Covid deniers trash science, prescription drugs, and modern medical care, but the minute Covid fills their lungs with fluid and they can't breathe, off to the hospital they go. 

Rules, even God's rules, are strictly for other people, especially the people they  don't like. The minute these phonies are in danger, they fold like cheap umbrellas. 

Of course, once things start looking up, they're back to their sanctimonious ways. 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee is probably drinking plexus already. That’s what Nurie got after giving birth.

C5AA73F5-37D2-4F9B-BE66-61F338821EC1.jpeg

Oh, for crying out loud. The "before" shot is clearly Photoshopped -- she made her face wider and her hair bigger! 

What a fruit loop. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

So Jill has been there every day? Unbelievable; talk about wearing out your welcome. (if they've ever been welcome) Even if they're in a private room, the chaos they must bring when in the common areas would make me scream if I were a parent of a child in NICU. Picture the amount of time it must take for all Rod visitors to wash hands, sanitize phones etc. 

And don't even get me started on the praying vs medical care!!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Gideon was born days ago. Why is Not Nurie still in the hospital? Did the birth go well for her? The Rodrigues facebook, instagram, etc is private. I can't view any of these videos mentioned above here. 

• Like 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Gideon was born days ago. Why is Not Nurie still in the hospital? Did the birth go well for her? The Rodrigues facebook, instagram, etc is private. I can't view any of these videos mentioned above here. 

Facebook posts are public. You should be able to see them. 

They transferred to Children's Hospital in Akron on Friday, so Kaylee was released from the hospital in WV then. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Oh, for crying out loud. The "before" shot is clearly Photoshopped -- she made her face wider and her hair bigger! 

What a fruit loop. 

And despite that, she still looks better in the “before” shot 🤣.

2 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Picture the amount of time it must take for all Rod visitors to wash hands, sanitize phones etc. 

not long, because I highly doubt they’re all doing that adequately.

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m so SEVERELY relieved that Jill and Dave got FREE ice cream out of some suckers! Yay!

Perhaps the church people only paid for ice cream, not an entire meal.  They might have learned through experiece.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

Perhaps the church people only paid for ice cream, not an entire meal.  They might have learned through experiece.

Jill hashtagged the post NEW Christian friends. I bet a meal was involved. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
(edited)

May 3rd Jill posted the family visit to PA to grift and visit the military museum. Seems like it was on the way home from that stop the RV had the breakdown.

I seem to recall the RV breakdown was beginning of May, because Phillip was still in bible college and he missed chapel the day someone needed to take David to the stranded RV. Phillip finished school the first week of May.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 7