Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I could understand a young couple being afraid to take their baby home after something like this, but a remodel? 

Yep.  They figured that the nursing staff was their personal babysitter.  After all, we had nothing else to do, right?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 2
57 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

These idiots aren't ever going to listen to an "of the world" doctor. 

If that were entirely true, they wouldn’t have rushed to the nearest ER. They clearly don’t really trust Dog to save them. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would expect them to enforce the rules for the health and safety of a vulnerable infant. I give a pass on the family seeing the baby, but the hands things... nope. 

And some Redditors who have watched all of the available video have reported that Samuel’s nails, at least, were filthy while he was grabbing at the baby in the incubator 🥲.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 16

I was wondering, are Bates/Duggar/Rodriguez/Caldwell etc children the first generation raised in the cult?

All of the parents had somewhat more normal upbringing than they give to their children?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snow Fairy said:

I was wondering, are Bates/Duggar/Rodriguez/Caldwell etc children the first generation raised in the cult?

All of the parents had somewhat more normal upbringing than they give to their children?

Don't know about the Caldwells, but the Duggars and Bateses had fairly normal upbringings. The Noyes family (Jill's parents) pulled her out of public school around the 2nd or 3rd grade to homeschool. Pretty nutty. David's testimony talks about his sinful upbringing. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And baby looked stressed during the caterwauling. 

I’m not three days old and I was stressed when I ajete the caterwauling. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 11
16 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And some Redditors who have watched all of the available video have reported that Samuel’s nails, at least, were filthy while he was grabbing at the baby in the incubator 🥲.

And God forbid 1000 times over that nothing bad should happen, but what if it did? These fools haven't a clue how to take care of a healthy child or themselves. 

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Don't know about the Caldwells, but the Duggars and Bateses had fairly normal upbringings. The Noyes family (Jill's parents) pulled her out of public school around the 2nd or 3rd grade to homeschool. Pretty nutty. David's testimony talks about his sinful upbringing. 

So yes, their parents had the opportunity to be somewhat normal and get to know the world and life. But the kids are all sheltered and brainwashed. 

• Sad 6
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill wearing her rings and a bracelet while touching the baby, is near the top of my list of inappropriate infection control. 

And her nasty half-inch-thick acrylic nails, too. Fake nails are germ magnets, and knowing what a pig Jill is, I bet that is magnified in her case. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

've been around a lot of NICU's and I guarantee that there is a scrub sink right inside the door and all visitors are instructed to scrub their hands thoroughly upon entering the area.  There are usually the same sort of scrub brushes with soap that you find in the OR as well as posters hanging over the sink with specific instructions.  The hospital where I practice has a clock hanging over the sink with instructions to spend 2 minutes scrubbing.  The one where I work tells people to remove watches and roll up their sleeves, but I don't know how often they encounter people who don't follow instructions nor what they do about it.

I highly doubt the Rods read the instructions (and some probably can't read at all anyway), let alone followed the instructions.   Rules are for the "ungodly" people, not them.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
55 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And her nasty half-inch-thick acrylic nails, too. Fake nails are germ magnets, and knowing what a pig Jill is, I bet that is magnified in her case. 

Jill licks sausage juice off her fingers while flipping through the Bible lol.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, DXD526 said:

"There is not cap on earning potential."

I enjoy the "REFRESHING HYDRATING[PERIOD] GIANT AMPERSAND" myself.

"Only in America! Wow!" indeed. . . .

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 4
46 minutes ago, jacourt said:

How do they explain that all their prayers did not stop the labor to continue?  

God’s plan. Carlin and Evan used it when their offer for a house was rejected. No critical thinking whatsoever.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jill wants it to be a month because it helps the grift. 

And if it’s shorter it will all be “Praise The Lord Daniel” and zero thanks given to the doctor and nurses. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

3EFB302E-3CBC-4D1E-AD02-0FC8797BDA1C.jpeg

I feel bad for the nurses and other families that will have to put up with Jill and family visiting for an entire month! I sure hope that Gideon doesn't get sick with all those germy hand touching him.

So much for peace and quiet in the NICU for the next month.   :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Back in the day NICU discharge dates were usually estimated to be around the original due date - is that still a thing?

Nowadays, most kids do so well that it ends up being a couple weeks earlier than the due date, so Jill's estimate of a month is probably reasonable.

They used to refuse to release preemies until they hit 5 lbs.  That is no longer the case, most are released once they're reliably gaining weight and the parents are able to care for them; as long as there is close outpatient followup with a pediatrician.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I feel bad for the nurses and other families that will have to put up with Jill and family visiting for an entire month! I sure hope that Gideon doesn't get sick with all those germy hand touching him.

So much for peace and quiet in the NICU for the next month.   :(

Germy and I bet all of those feral kids are unvaccinated.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

71D19AF7-C6F9-461A-A3B4-8324AD86D5E7.jpeg

Looks like baby Gideon is wearing a C-pap mask which is good because it means that he is at least not inhaling their germs.  I have no idea why the younger Rods are being allowed to visit in the room with him.  I presume Jill was being obnoxious about it and Kaylee began to cry and the nurses or the neonatologist caved.

C-pap= continuous positive airway pressure.   It provides oxygen to the baby and does so under pressure to keep the smaller airways open.  It is kind of an intermediate step between being on a ventilator and wearing a nasal cannula for extra oxygen.

And, skin to skin, sometimes called kangaroo care in the NICU, is absolutely terrific for all babies, especially preemies.  More and more data shows the kids do better and have fewer complications and go home sooner when they spend time lying against their mom's (or dad's) chest.

• Like 14
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm disgusted seeing those little kids there. Is Jill lying and claiming they are Gideon's siblings? God hates liars, Jill. 

She’s probably deliberately interpreting the sibling clause to include siblings of the baby’s parents.   

Have they been there the entire day? For goodness sake, give the parents some alone time with their newborn. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 19
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She’s probably deliberately interpreting the sibling clause to include siblings of the baby’s parents.   

Have they been there the entire day? For goodness sake, give the parents some alone time with their newborn. 

They were transferred yesterday. So, yeah, today is their first full day in Akron.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

I doubt that Jill would respect any of the rules this hospital has. I also would not allow jewelry on the wrists and fingers in that NICU incubator. I would also recommend since has fake, filthy nails with polish, that she should use sterile medical gloves since she insists on touching that pool child. I agree that that bible has been "everywhere" and has no place in the NICU and certainly not on top of it! She should have left it in the car. Where are these videos that you are referring to about the singing, the dirty shirt, etc? I don't have access to their instagram, etc. Can they be posted here? Thank you.

You can find the pics and videos on Jill’s Facebook page.

10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

If only siblings under 14 are allowed, what the fuck is 10/11 year old Auntie Olivia doing there? They're breaking rules all over the place. And baby looked stressed during the caterwauling. 

Auntie Sadie and Auntie Sofia (both under the age of 10) are also there.  Janessa, Tim and Renee are the only ones I haven’t seen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Poor Gideon. Even in an incubator Jill won't leave him alone. Poor Kaylee her mother has to make this all about her, and taking pictures instead of being there for her daughter. It's all normal of course. Kaylee knows not to expect anything different from her mother.

• Like 6
  • Sad 10
11 hours ago, Notabug said:

and the parents are able to care for them; as long as there is close outpatient followup with a pediatrician.

So Gideon is never going home?

11 hours ago, smallfry said:

I sure hope that Gideon doesn't get sick with all those germy hand touching him.

That will extend his stay.   

I really hope for Gideon's sake that Jill gets bored with playing the "caring grandma" and goes back to trying for the Hawaii trip.   So Gideon can get some peace and quiet.

• Like 17
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So Gideon is never going home?

That will extend his stay.   

I really hope for Gideon's sake that Jill gets bored with playing the "caring grandma" and goes back to trying for the Hawaii trip.   So Gideon can get some peace and quiet.

My FB friend who does Plexus just posted that he won an all expenses paid cruise and is trying to see if he can get his partner on it too. Jill would be jealous! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Jill wasn't going to win that cruise anyway, so now she has an excuse not to try  very much. She needs to get the Gotofundme going for (andKaylee) pretty soon so there will be money to siphon off to provide a relaxing, romantic vacation for Jill and Hunky after the stress of Gideon's birth. Being Best Mimi Ever is hard work!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8
52 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill wasn't going to win that cruise anyway, so now she has an excuse not to try  very much. She needs to get the Gotofundme going for (andKaylee) pretty soon so there will be money to siphon off to provide a relaxing, romantic vacation for Jill and Hunky after the stress of Gideon's birth. Being Best Mimi Ever is hard work!

Jill will set up a GoFundMe account related to Gideon’s birth sometime in the near future.  I would bet on it.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

siphon off

Jill won't siphon any off -- she will take the whole thing.   AndKaylee and Jonathan will never see a cent of the money.   If questioned, Jill will either lie and say, of course all the money went to them, or say they "begged" her to keep the money since she works so hard all the time for all of them, she deserves it.

• Like 14
  • Sad 4

I'm sad that instead of kangaroo care being a peaceful time for Kaylee to bond with her baby, she has Jill's phone in her face and her nasty germy siblings standing by probably sneezing and coughing all over her and Gideon.  I'm hope the novelty wears off for blessed Meme soon and she goes away.  I'm surprised she didn't throw Kaylee out of the chair and attempt to do kangaroo care herself (Kaylee could take video of her being an amazing Meme).  

• Like 9
  • Sad 8

I hope Jill has summer grift tour dates on the docket and the rod clan will have to head off in the rv soon. If there is a gofundme set up and no further rod summer travels, Jill is definitely taking the gofundme money.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I hope Jill has summer grift tour dates on the docket and the rod clan will have to head off in the rv soon. If there is a gofundme set up and no further rod summer travels, Jill is definitely taking the gofundme money.

The summer grift tour always includes a vacation in Florida, which Nurie and Nathan seem to pay for. Bonus money from little Gideon will help fund even more date night dinners at the Nice Olive Garden and some necessary souvenir and clothes shopping just for BME. 

Jonathan and Kaylee may have a lot of expenses from Gideon's birth and care on top of their regular house and commuting costs. Jill should not be asking them for money. But we know she will. Raiding a GFM is just the first step. 

• Like 9

Jill’s most recent post. (Again, I’m not including the picture)

Kaylee is such a good mom....just like Nurie.  I watch them mother their children with a passion, and my heart fills to overflowing!  😊🥰  Kaylee is faithfully pumping breastmilk and  (other than some IV fluids), that is what they are exclusively feeding Gideon in the NICU.  ❤️  Kaylee or Jonathan often adminstor his feedings of breastmilk (seen below), every 3 hours.  Gideon is thriving and doing the best he can for being 8 weeks early!  God is SO Good and His natural ways work!  🙏 🙌

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s most recent post. (Again, I’m not including the picture)

Kaylee is such a good mom....just like Nurie.  I watch them mother their children with a passion, and my heart fills to overflowing!  😊🥰  Kaylee is faithfully pumping breastmilk and  (other than some IV fluids), that is what they are exclusively feeding Gideon in the NICU.  ❤️  Kaylee or Jonathan often adminstor his feedings of breastmilk (seen below), every 3 hours.  Gideon is thriving and doing the best he can for being 8 weeks early!  God is SO Good and His natural ways work!  🙏 🙌

Adminstor??? 🤣

• LOL 20