Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
39 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought NICU babies were automatically enrolled in Medicaid?

No, only micro-preemies, babies under 28 weeks gestation, are automatically eligible for Medicaid.  There are also some other qualifiers based on birthweight and other factors, but a typical 32 weeker is not covered automatically. Baby Gideon doesn't qualify in all probability.  I presume the hospital to which he is transferred will have social services, etc. to work with Kaylee and Jonathan if there is a payment issue.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 13
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So this could well bankrupt the Hills after all. Sad. 

Depends on whether they have insurance and how good it is.  Hospitals also have programs to write off or discount charges for uninsured or underinsured people.  

There is a Medicaid program known as Healthy Start which covers pregnancy and children up to age 4 which is designed for people with low incomes who do not have health insurance- the working poor, in other words.  If Kaylee qualified for it, then the baby is on it automatically.

However, I seem to recall that Kaylee and Jonathan recently purchased a home for a good bit of money and presumably were able to qualify for a mortgage which might mean his income is too high for Healthy Start to cover.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Depends on whether they have insurance and how good it is.  Hospitals also have programs to write off or discount charges for uninsured or underinsured people.  

There is a Medicaid program known as Healthy Start which covers pregnancy and children up to age 4 which is designed for people with low incomes who do not have health insurance- the working poor, in other words.  If Kaylee qualified for it, then the baby is on it automatically.

However, I seem to recall that Kaylee and Jonathan recently purchased a home for a good bit of money and presumably were able to qualify for a mortgage which might mean his income is too high for Healthy Start to cover.

Jonathan purchased the home. No idea if he put Kaylee on the deed.

• Useful 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Her name being on the deed might be irrelevant since they are a married couple.

47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IF Kaylee is by chance on Medicaid, the baby will be covered automatically.

Jonathan is some kind of a supervisor at his full time job. I’m sure Kaylee is on his employer’s insurance plan as he is. Their income would make them ineligible for Ohio Medicaid also. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Useful 4

Under Medicaid rules things can be different than divorce or inheritance laws.  I was speaking to Medicaid not other things.  They are both parents to the child.  The same would apply to responsibility for the hospital bill for the baby.  

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Under Medicaid rules things can be different than divorce or inheritance laws.  I was speaking to Medicaid not other things.  They are both parents to the child.  The same would apply to responsibility for the hospital bill for the baby.  

You’re right. I commented in error. I’m sure they’re both covered under his employer’s healthcare plan, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it sucked, as many do these days .

• Like 6

Hopefully the baby won't be in the NICU as long as we fear, there are programs to help with the bill, and this could turn into a great life lesson for the young couple to find a job with better health insurance and learn that reckless procreation has the potential to leave you in considerable debt.  

I know this is a Jill offspring we're talking about.  I'm usually an optimist so I'll keep hoping.

• Like 13
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Hopefully the baby won't be in the NICU as long as we fear, there are programs to help with the bill, and this could turn into a great life lesson for the young couple to find a job with better health insurance and learn that reckless procreation has the potential to leave you in considerable debt.  

I know this is a Jill offspring we're talking about.  I'm usually an optimist so I'll keep hoping.

“Life lesson”?  Nope, it’ll never happen. 🙁

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

How tough for kaylee and Jonathan to be separated from their first baby. I really feel for them.  How scary and unexpected, for a young and inexperienced couple to deal with. 

why were Jill, kaylee, and Jonathan in WVa?  For 4th celebrations?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

How tough for kaylee and Jonathan to be separated from their first baby. I really feel for them.  How scary and unexpected, for a young and inexperienced couple to deal with. 

why were Jill, kaylee, and Jonathan in WVa?  For 4th celebrations?

Combined the 4th celebration with Ma and Pa Turtleneck's 50th anniversary. 

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Daniel is also Jonathan's middle name, so double on the lord daniel honoring (smile)

The Lord Daniel works in mysterious ways!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, Absolom said:

this could turn into a great life lesson for the young couple to find a job with better health insurance and learn that reckless procreation has the potential to leave you in considerable debt

One can only hope.   Presumably Jonathan got a better education than Kaylee because his mother might have actually put a tiny bit of effort into educating her kids.   Although he seems to have fallen under Jill's spell so he can't be too bright.  But a big hospital bill and having to navigate managing that is a big eye opener no matter how poor your education.

• Like 12
(edited)

That tiny innocent baby was probably only one hour old when he appeared on GrandMeMe's Instagram.

I guess Jill figures she's gotta start them young.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

I looked at the pictures Jill posted of Kaylee and Jonathon with Gideon. Kaylee is holding Gideon's hand. I have to say that he looks pretty healthy for being 4 lbs 9 ounces. He looks like a long baby too. Honestly, I wouldn't have even guessed he was the weight he is.

I have no high hopes for him to have any kind of normal life with the family he was born into.  I just hope he won't be in NICU too long and we'll be a healthy baby.

• Like 16
38 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I would hope that Kaylee's OB provider educates her as to the risks of closely spaced pregnancies.  Now that she has had one child born after preterm labor, she has a significant risk of having preterm deliveries with all of them.  Closely spacing pregnancy is another risk factor for preterm birth.  It has been shown that women who conceive less than 9 months after the end of the preceding pregnancy are far more likely to deliver prematurely.

Obviously, Kaylee cannot change her history of preterm labor and delivery.  What she can do is to avoid pregnancy for a minimum of 9 months since Gideon's delivery, preferably with a reliable form of contraception.  Avoiding obvious risk factors for poor outcomes is common sense, which I am afraid Kaylee and Jonathan don't have.

Won't happen at all. She will be pregnant by the end of the year. 

• Sad 20
On 7/4/2023 at 2:31 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

Weird how her super skinny face she JUST RECENTLY posted is missing here.  Must not have had her 2 liters of plexus this particular day.  It certainly cannot be that she uses fraudulent FILTERS, can it?  

/s

And how her super skinny kid filled out nicely once he started Bible School.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

I would hope that Kaylee's OB provider educates her as to the risks of closely spaced pregnancies.  Now that she has had one child born after preterm labor, she has a significant risk of having preterm deliveries with all of them.  Closely spacing pregnancy is another risk factor for preterm birth.  It has been shown that women who conceive less than 9 months after the end of the preceding pregnancy are far more likely to deliver prematurely.

Obviously, Kaylee cannot change her history of preterm labor and delivery.  What she can do is to avoid pregnancy for a minimum of 9 months since Gideon's delivery, preferably with a reliable form of contraception.  Avoiding obvious risk factors for poor outcomes is common sense, which I am afraid Kaylee and Jonathan don't have.

Even if she and Jonathan did decide to listen to the Dr and space them out a little,  you know BME will be pushing as hard as she can for them to get going so they can give her her first granddaughter. 

• Sad 13
17 minutes ago, beckie said:

Even if she and Jonathan did decide to listen to the Dr and space them out a little,  you know BME will be pushing as hard as she can for them to get going so they can give her her first granddaughter. 

Jill will make it a competition between Nurie and andKaylee, and they'll go along with it. BME is not to be denied. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

If for them a husband is the headship and the wife has to follow him, how come all those married kids still have to listen to Jill?

Shouldn't she back off and let the husband be in charge?

In other words, why doesn't she leave her kids have their own families as they wish? I don't see David or her mother having that kind of impact in their lives.

• Like 7
  • Applause 14
6 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

If for them a husband is the headship and the wife has to follow him, how come all those married kids still have to listen to Jill?

In other words, why doesn't she leave her kids have their own families as they wish? I don't see David or her mother having that kind of impact in their lives.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… snort… hahahahahahahaha. Jill? Back off? Never gonna happen. Like @BradandJanet said above, she is not to be denied.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
27 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Technically Jonathan and Kaylee should actually be answering to Jonathan’s father in their convoluted patriarchal theory.   If he doesn’t require fealty, then yes, they should be on their own.   That won’t happen unless Jonathan stands up for himself.  

• Like 11
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope it was just a bad picture of Jonathon because he looked somewhere in between someone watching his wife choose a lobster to eat and someone who is dead inside.

I'll give him a pass on this one. He's young, overly sheltered, just became a dad early and traumatically, and has probably never seen a baby with that many tubes and monitors before. If he looks like that at a normal birth, I'll go with "dead inside." 

I did giggle at "watching his wife choose a lobster." 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

It's the hypocrisy of the system. By this point in andKaylee's life Jill should be just a model of godly motherhood for her perfectly trained daughters... and if you believe that I have a lovely palace in central London up for sale. 

That's why I'm so reluctant to let Jill, Michelle, Kelly and the rest off the hook. There's no way that guys like DBD, JB etc have the wherewithal to control that many people without 100% buy in from their allegedly submissive wives (especially if said wives get to be the power behind the godly throne). 

• Like 16
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

image.png.7a465a47caf395d074494ee451942001.png

Why does Jonathan need to clip his keys on his belt loop? It’s not like he’s a firefighter on call and must slide down a pole at a second’s notice.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Yes Jill will point out that the baby was 2 months early for eternity. Dog forbid people will gossip that Kay and Jon had sex before they got married.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5

I rarely watch any of Jill's videos, but did after seeing a mention of Kaylee's birthday. Kaylee looks SO uncomfortable with Jill filming. I want to slap Jill's phone out of her hands and tell her to give everyone privacy!!!

I had twin preemie grandsons in NICU and there's no way that everyone could go see them!! Especially holding their hands. I had a nurse even correct me when I was patting one's back; she said it's better to just lay a hand on them, not pat. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

I sure hope Jill is not allowed into the NICU. The last thing any of those babies need is her "singing" to her grandson and shoving her camera where it does not belong, (And we all know where she can shove it!)

That being said, I hope the little guy stays healthy and is able to go home soon.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jonathan for sure bought the cake and the 3 ice creams. Otherwise there would be no food there.

CE972266-D8F5-4575-AA24-B46EFC8C3AEC.jpeg

A26196B2-7100-417C-BDE5-54C500D2B3CE.jpeg

Poppy and Mimi is sending me lol.

Is the sign at the baby’s room?! Such a show off, fundies love their tacky poster board signs.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2