Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Okay who lives near Jill?

Someone needs to go to her house at midnight, well no she's still up, how about 3am, and stick a bajillion rainbow flags all about her yard. And while you're there how about some window decals and bumper stickers for all their vehicles.

Pretty, pretty please and thank you. 🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
9 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

For all we know, someone from that documentary has spent the last year or so (at least) lurking around the boards. 

Or Reddit. 

Jill appeared in a documentary for a second she is famous! Lol I’m picturing Jill watching just to see herself!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9E49F645-46F9-484C-9A1D-5A63B031E645.jpeg

comment to Jill under this post.

"Not only do they accuse us of brainwashing our children, they accuse us of being bigots. I believe they are the bigots against us Christians! We have to take a stand for Jesus and our rights!!!!"   😮

• Sad 16
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

"Not only do they accuse us of brainwashing our children, they accuse us of being bigots. I believe they are the bigots against us Christians! We have to take a stand for Jesus and our rights!!!!"   😮

Such persecution 🙄 . Please, at least you aren't being thrown to the lions!

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Such persecution 🙄 . Please, at least you aren't being thrown to the lions!

Although, I kinda think it might be entertaining to see that, at least when it comes to Jill and David.

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

What “rights” are those, specifically?

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder if Jill feels persecuted because of her married last name. 

Jill feels persecuted just by getting up in the morning and not having the whole world bask in her gloriousness.

• Like 8
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, AgathaC said:

It’s like I always say: these fundies seem to have no real understanding of comprehension of what Jesus actually said and stood for. He was about love and generosity and acceptance. And he aimed some of his sharpest criticisms at the people who clung to the rules, even when they were wrong or causing harm.

But what can we expect? These people are barely literate and trying to follow a Bible written in a style that’s not easy to follow for modern English speakers (particularly if they’re uneducated).

These people infuriate me. And they don’t do any favors for the people who are more genuine Christ-followers.

Earlier today on another forum a person was asking about what ever happened to "turn the other cheek," and I responded that some Christians think the Sermon on the Mount is woke theology, and they prefer Old Testament punishments.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

If they met Jesus, they would most likely persecute Him! They are the Pharisees that He criticized for their hypocrisy and sense of self importance and smugness, that they were the ones that were right and others were wrong. 

And Jesus might have long hair, a robe dress and unisex sandals.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and he most certainly would not be a the white guy with blue eyes they have always pictured him to be.

Another reason they would not like Him. They would want to "send Him back". These people are so ignorant. They don't know their history, they don't know their geography, they don't know the world.  

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder if Jill feels persecuted because of her married last name. 

She constantly reminds people that it's Rodrigues with an S! She doesn't want to be associated with those dirty Mexicans.

Earth to Jilly. I'm half Portuguese like DBD. The motherland's glory days were centuries ago. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 13
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She constantly reminds people that it's Rodrigues with an S! She doesn't want to be associated with those dirty Mexicans.

Earth to Jilly. I'm half Portuguese like DBD. The motherland's glory days were centuries ago. 

I wonder if any of the Rods can even locate Portugal when they watch the living room map. 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, that’s fine. I’m Mexican-American, and I don’t want to claim him.

• Like 4
  • LOL 18
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and he most certainly would not be a the white guy with blue eyes they have always pictured him to be.

And it is not just them.  When I look at nativity sets in the store you can here me gripping "  no,no NO. Neither Jesus nor Mary had blonde hair and blue eye ( although they seem to usually get Joseph right) in fact there is a decent chance they were black.

• Like 12

JillPM’s head will certainly explode if she ever realizes that *her* Jesus may be the correct one for her… but it may not be the correct one for *me*. Our views may be totally different… but both are totally correct. I don’t cram my beliefs down her throat, please don’t cram your beliefs down mine.

I dream. She will never realize it.

• Like 18
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9E49F645-46F9-484C-9A1D-5A63B031E645.jpeg

This cartoon? doodle? is so weird and badly drawn, I had to laugh because it took me a minute to figure out what it meant. I really thought it was an anti Reading Rainbow ad. The dad(?) looks like Gollum and Gollum is sneaking up behind two unsuspecting kids with elongated heads who are struggling to read a book in darkness. Reading Rainbow is trying to come through and add light and color to their drab little lives, but Gollum the illiterate troll  won’t allow it. If Gollum got his proper brainwashing in an integrated public school like I did, he’d know that reading in poor lighting is very bad for your eyes. My kindergarten teacher taught me that. And where are Gollum’s legs? Are they tucked under his bottom like Tim’s? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
30 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think they most likely looked like most people from that area of the Middle East, olive complexion, dark hair and eyes.

I wa thinking of Daniel 7:7-9" I was looking until thrones were set up, and the Ancient of Days was seated. His garment was white as snow and the hair of His Head was like clean wool.." but I do agree he looked like the people form that area of the middle east..definitely not blonde with blue eyes.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And where are Gollum’s legs? Are they tucked under his bottom like Tim’s? 

When I saw the picture this morning, pre-coffee, my first thought was that it was another imagining of Tim and Heidi's home decor. 🤣

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Be sure and watch Jill Rod’s newest FB stories, about her electric bike.  Pay special attention to where “Nessie” is. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I haven't seen. Is she in the basket?

• LOL 2
(edited)

Screenshot from a video. She says the “Amish country” is great for bike rides. And of course the standard, “God is so good to ME”.

FC17D08D-8188-4110-BDA2-650D43577558.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video. She says the Amish country is great for bike rides. And of course the standard, “God is so good to ME”.

She seems a bit big for that, but I never used those so I don't know. I do know she should have a bike of her own. 

• Like 15

Jill filming herself on a bike while pulling a freaking 5yr old in an infant/toddler thing is so Jill. Jill talks in her normal voice until the exact second she turns the phone to show Nessie and immediately the baby voice starts🙄

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

And she is chewing on something.   As usual.

I have nothing against kids still sucking their thumb even at an advanced age.  But those kids aren't sucking on something ALL THE TIME.   

• Like 9

I feel kind of uncomfortable saying this, but I wonder if Janessa's apparent immaturity is only about the Rods' poor excuse for parenting or if there are more congenital issues than the paediatrician doctors said (per Jill). I guess I always assumed that Jill was lying about the severity of the prenatal issues ('cause Jill is a lying liar who lies), but watching Janessa age (can't quite say grow), maybe the lie was in how miraculously normal she is. 

Or, BME and DBD are craptastic humans who shouldn't be allowed to raise a spider plant, let alone a kid. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video. She says the “Amish country” is great for bike rides. And of course the standard, “God is so good to ME”.

That is a public road.  IMO it’s completely unsafe for Janessa to be in that cart (or whatever it’s called)! 

25 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I feel kind of uncomfortable saying this, but I wonder if Janessa's apparent immaturity is only about the Rods' poor excuse for parenting or if there are more congenital issues than the paediatrician doctors said (per Jill). I guess I always assumed that Jill was lying about the severity of the prenatal issues ('cause Jill is a lying liar who lies), but watching Janessa age (can't quite say grow), maybe the lie was in how miraculously normal she is. 

Or, BME and DBD are craptastic humans who shouldn't be allowed to raise a spider plant, let alone a kid. 

I don’t think Janessa has, or has ever had, any disabilities whatsoever.  Who knows what BME is doing to her psyche by treating her like an infant at 5 years of age.

• Like 14
19 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Mahmo posted a picture of Renee’s MM/hunk without covering his face. 

Who knows if it’s him. I don’t know who MM/hunk is!

Where is the picture?

• Like 2