Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

A few minutes ago I posted a comment on another forum (about the show "Autopsy" on Reelz) here at PTV. I mentioned a pathologist, and my fingers just itched to type "the pathologist doctor" in tribute to JillR. 🤣 (I refrained; discussing causes of death is disturbing enough without throwing JillR's crazy into the mix.)

• LOL 21
On 10/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, oliviabenson said:

2 beds? Shouldn’t the couple in love share a bed? No hanky panky huh. 

B18C9A3A-8590-465B-8759-CFE1C751529A.jpeg

Filthy chair

2919A74A-CBC1-4B88-81A0-279A91526098.jpeg

Dave take a picture of me journaling 😵💫🙄🤪

742E48D0-16F8-4A38-A1F0-1911C2D5C29D.jpeg

Well, for once, Jill’s skirt colors are not offensive to my eyes.

But what a proper christian poser she is!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Why is he driving and taping himself at the same time? That’s not safe!

We all know that he isn't exactly a safe driver.

If only Jill and David had a grandchild in Florida they could have taken on this SeaWorld trip(I know, I know, they could have taken their own kids too but damn it you market yourself as the bestest MeMe ever you could do something with the grandkid that lives in that state).

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Why is he driving and taping himself at the same time? That’s not safe!

Listened enough to hear an upcoming video will be all about modest and godly apparel, with examples! Will JillR be modeling? I’m hoping he also shows examples of immodest clothes, that would be a hoot!

• LOL 11

Speaking of modesty, David and Jill's previous trips to warm-weather resorts have upset them greatly because of the way people dress. I don't know if the happy couple managed to get to a beach or a pool this time, but be prepared for both David and Jill to be highly offended by the way people dress. Jill will write the details of the horror of women's clothes. Tim will share the outrage in his little sermons.

I'm sure David spends a lot of time staring at the jezebels in short shorts before he can get the smiley tracts out of his pocket and into the hands of the sinners. 

Davy and Jill should consider vacations in ski areas in winter. People will be covered up. Ski areas have lots of shops and restaurants, so there are plenty of ways to spend money. Skiing in a long skirt would be a good way for Jill to hurt a knee or ankle so she can sit around and have everyone wait on her while she cries on social media about how much pain she is suffering and how she will probably need to see a surgeon doctor. Please send prayers and money. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Speaking of modesty, David and Jill's previous trips to warm-weather resorts have upset them greatly because of the way people dress. I don't know if the happy couple managed to get to a beach or a pool this time, but be prepared for both David and Jill to be highly offended by the way people dress. Jill will write the details of the horror of women's clothes. Tim will share the outrage in his little sermons.

I'm sure David spends a lot of time staring at the jezebels in short shorts before he can get the smiley tracts out of his pocket and into the hands of the sinners. 

Davy and Jill should consider vacations in ski areas in winter. People will be covered up. Ski areas have lots of shops and restaurants, so there are plenty of ways to spend money. Skiing in a long skirt would be a good way for Jill to hurt a knee or ankle so she can sit around and have everyone wait on her while she cries on social media about how much pain she is suffering and how she will probably need to see a surgeon doctor. Please send prayers and money. 

They remind me of friends of my parents. Every year they watch the Super Bowl halftime show, just so they can complain about how immortal and immodest everything was. They could, IDK just not watch, but I honestly think they like being able to look down on people. Same with Jillpm and DBD, and now their kids. They like feeling superior. 

• Like 13
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Listened enough to hear an upcoming video will be all about modest and godly apparel, with examples! Will JillR be modeling? I’m hoping he also shows examples of immodest clothes, that would be a hoot!

And Timothy will also be talking about lust in his next video. 🙄

• Sad 13
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We need a forensic profiler because I really think we're watching a madman in the making.

And won't his mother be so thrilled to have so much in common with the Duggars. And I'm not so sure I'm kidding there.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 7
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And Timothy will also be talking about lust in his next video. 🙄

and most likely holding up his sisters as paragons of chasteness and purity because they dress as god intended.🤮🤢

• Like 7
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

All his sisters need to do is wear 1 layer of clothes 🤣

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

It appears to me that the Rodrigui are recycling old videos.  I remember seeing this and ensuing discussion, around 11/2 years ago.

It's possible. Tim's dressed for his job at the adult care center, a job he may not have anymore. 

Maybe Jill feels the need to get Tim back in the public eye. No modest maidens seem to be knocking at the barndo door in search of a husband. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

More stuff her kids would have loved. 

I hate you, Jill 

1,000%.  I can't imagine my husband and I taking off for Great Wolf Lodge or Cedar Point as an anniversary trip when our kids were young and leaving them at home.  That's just plain freaking cruel.

But in my imagination, there are some good neighbors near the Rods who keep an eye out for when Ma and Pa Grifter take off on yet another vacation, leaving their tired, uneducated brood to fend for themselves....and those neighbors call other neighbors, and they bring over a massive chicken dinner with all the fixings, hide all evidence of said meal, and help them clean the house and then take them all out for ice cream.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Love 9

well one of the daughters did a sales pitch for the book for young ladies that was all about the duty to honor your parents for all eternity. so of course Kaylee will want to honor her parents by sharing her ceremony with them.

I think jonathan and kaylee got their house. A sale to Jonathan d Hill was posted on the Wayne county ohio property page sell date 10/17/22. it is 4 miles from the barndo. purchase price $85,000. It's an older house 3 bed/2 bath. Sad looking house. The rods will swoop in and do some projects and make it worse.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

1,000%.  I can't imagine my husband and I taking off for Great Wolf Lodge or Cedar Point as an anniversary trip when our kids were young and leaving them at home.  That's just plain freaking cruel.

My ex and I did go to Las Vegas and the east coast when my son was an infant. We only went for a 3-4 days each. I felt so guilty leaving him but he was able to spend some time with my ex-MIL who despite being a pain, didn't spend a lot of time with him. She stayed at our house. Not sure if he missed me much, but he was the kid that when I dropped him off at preschool, he wouldn't even look back at me. Kind a "don't let the door hit your a-- on the way out".  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

he was the kid that when I dropped him off at preschool, he wouldn't even look back at me. Kind a "don't let the door hit your a-- on the way out".  

He probably was making a stand on his independence.  Many years later I learned that my mom was pained when I insisted on her standing elsewhere when waiting in line for the school bus on my first day of kindergarten.  I didn't remember that, but I did remember how thrilled I was to start school.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

well one of the daughters did a sales pitch for the book for young ladies that was all about the duty to honor your parents for all eternity. so of course Kaylee will want to honor her parents by sharing her ceremony with them.

I think jonathan and kaylee got their house. A sale to Jonathan d Hill was posted on the Wayne county ohio property page sell date 10/17/22. it is 4 miles from the barndo. purchase price $85,000. It's an older house 3 bed/2 bath. Sad looking house. The rods will swoop in and do some projects and make it worse.

At least it has a lot of kitchen cupboard space? It does look sad, but to a girl who's finally escaping from her freak show of a family, it probably looks like the Palace of Versailles. 

Built in 1850. Huh. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

At 966 sqft it’s a pinch bigger than Nurie and Nathan’s, which is still showing as currently pending. 

• Useful 2

Oh, boy.  Just looked at the listing.  It reminds me of what my realtor told me when I was having trouble selling my first house (much nicer than what this young couple just bought):  every house sells.  In other words, there's a lid for every pot, I guess.  And a match for every sock.  😁

The house made me feel sad, but I have to remember that my standards and expectations are not (and Kaylee)'s standards and expectations.

But woof.

• Like 2

A step above the barndo since at least part of it is heated by forced air oil heat.  I saw at least one floor vent in the dining room area. One bathroom had a baseboard heat unit. Both bathrooms with the pipes running along the walls was interesting. It appears at least a few additions added at some point. Remodel date says 1950. 😬

I am guessing asbestos shingles on the front.

• Mind Blown 4

I found it on the Wayne County auditor page and searching Hill. It shows the address and there is a zillow listing for the house.

I am assuming the Jonathan D Hill is Kaylee's Jonathan since Jill blabbed they were in the process of purchasing a house within 5 miles of the barndo.

• Love 1

The floors are awful. Just refinishing or painting the wood won’t work because the boards are all wacky. You can really see it in the bedroom with the brown painted floors. And I would just tear down that side addition.  I hope Jonathan is a carpenter or contractor and can do a lot of the work himself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I've lived in fixer-uppers most of my adult life and I think this one is an okay first home for a probably-poor young couple. The biggest expense, for me, would be updating the electricity and possibly the plumbing.

That isn't to say the home doesn't have issues besides outdated electric and plumbing -- the slate tiles are undoubtedly asbestos, the wooden floors are in bad shape, and the garage doesn't look safe. But, as long as they don't change the siding and the floor boards aren't rotting, those aren't that hard to live with. The garage can be repaired if it worries them, or ignored until it falls in if it doesn't. 

I think the worst issue for Kaylee is BME is going to decorate according to her cluttered style and her eagle-eyes will see and pounce on any changes Kaylee and Jonathan make.

K&J_01.JPG

K&J_02.JPG

Edited by Nysha
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Does the house have land with it?  Kaylee wanted a farm.

.095 acres - so no.

there are 3 other parcels of land attached to the property and all were sold together. - .096, .002 and .056.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1