Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I bet she has trackers and Covenant Eyes. 

Oh she definitely does. Because it worked so well for Nurie’s sister-in-law

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

One of sams pics she photoshopped his crotch lol. Just like with Timmy long ago. It’s so creepy. What mom photoshopps her kids crotches? 

That’s more than creepy.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I bet she has trackers and Covenant Eyes. 

Does Covenant Eyes work on phones?

From her FB message:

“We have 3 grown children that are married (Timothy will be this year)”

Timothy is not yet married yet, Jill. Why couldn’t she have said “2 married, one engaged?”

• Like 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

From her FB message:

Timothy is not yet married yet, Jill. Why couldn’t she have said “2 married, one engaged?”

I believe Covenant Eyes works on phones. Why else would Nurie's brother in law need to set up a Linux partition on a PC? He had multiple Apple products. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I believe Covenant Eyes works on phones. What else would Nurie's brother in law needed to set up a Linux partition on a PC? He had multiple Apple products. 

Ah, very true!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Monitoring adult children is just all kinds of wrong.  Control freaks like Jill just piss me off.  

That is what I don't get about the fundie parents who repeatedly tell us how superior they are to others in this old world. Their children are always the most joyful, god honoring, obedient, most loving, a comfort etc and yet they feel need to monitor adult children every minute.

Gabriel turns 18 next month and Jill and dave will officially have more "adult children" than children who are minors.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Monitoring adult children is just all kinds of wrong.  Control freaks like Jill just piss me off.  

I wonder if, like the Duggars, Jill would claim that her adult sons ASK to be monitored. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

yay for Samuel! And yay for the rest of the kids who have one less person crammed in the rv when they travel. Pretty soon everyone might have a bed and no need to rotate sleeping on the floor.

So are Phiilip and Samuel allowed to stay at the barndo alone or do the have to stay with kaylee and jonathan so they avoid sin and smart phones while mama is away??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5

Jill congratulating herself on her wonderful parenting made me 🙄. Her kids are in no way equipped to face the real world. Look at her two sons who have failed to launch. Timothy may own a house, but he's as insular and repellent as ever.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill congratulating herself on her wonderful parenting made me 🙄. Her kids are in no way equipped to face the real world. Look at her two sons who have failed to launch. Timothy may own a house, but he's as insular and repellent as ever.

And even though Nurie and Not Nurie are married w/children, who knows how independent they actually are. They might be asking/checking with their husbands over every little thing. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

From her FB message:

I don’t know why she thought it was ok to word it that way.  Being  married later this year isn’t the same as being married now.   

• Like 12
8 hours ago, AstridM said:

Is this a new fundie trend? I’ve been hearing a lot about “coffee bars” lately. 

I don't think it is necessarily a fundie trend, but I do know a fair number of people who make liking coffee their entire personality.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

Today is "baby" Janessa's 6th birthday.

I expect a teary reel from Jill lamenting her youngest is 6 and then some blabbering about her womb and jesus. 😂

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, AstridM said:

It’s odd though, to meet a whole “coffee bar” full of pricey equipment. I dated a really wealthy guy a couple years ago, and although he did have an expensive espresso/coffee maker, y there was  no “bar” and it wasn’t treated as a big deal.  And one giant machine was enough!

Well caffeine is  one of the few vices  that godly people are allowed.   So I can see them going all out with it.  

• Like 10
19 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So does this mean that "Bud" isn't ignoring "No Soliciting" signs and bothering people in coffee shops anymore? 🤔

Pretty much why he had to get  his own "coffee bar."   He's been banned from coffee shops.

If he has a "ministry" now does that mean he gave up on selling insurance?   Is he part of the clearinghouse like his parents?   Is he following in his father's footsteps of not working because he has a full time "ministry?"    I hope Heidi is as good at the grift as Jill is.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4

Does Tim sell life insurance? Maybe that's why he has a nursing home 'ministry'. Because yes, I believe any of the Rods would go that low. They Rods have no O in J.O.Y.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

One of sams pics she photoshopped his crotch lol. Just like with Timmy long ago. It’s so creepy. What mom photoshopps her kids crotches? 

A really effin creepy one!

• Like 6
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I assume Phillip and Samuel need phones for work, and I bet they pay for them themselves. I've seen Renee with a phone next to her while collating crap in the printshop. She uses it to play praise music. I wonder what else she uses her phone for. Pictures for her Etsy? "Hopping on" Jill's Facebook?

No, not “praise music.”  Jill hates/doesn’t believe in praise music.  She didn’t come right out and say it, but I’m 99% certain that she thinks it’s demonic.  The only thing they’re allowed to listen to are “good, old-fashioned hymns.” 

• Sad 7
Just now, farmgal4 said:

No, not “praise music.”  Jill hates/doesn’t believe in praise music.  She didn’t come right out and say it, but I’m 99% certain that she thinks it’s demonic.  The only thing they’re allowed to listen to are “good, old-fashioned hymns.” 

It is sad, there is some wonderful contemporary Christian music out there. I love Third Day, country rock with a bit of blues. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Well, they listen to recorded music. What I heard was something between hymns and modern Christian music. Don't forget, Jill writes her own stuff, so she's not all about "good old fashioned" hymns. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Today is "baby" Janessa's 6th birthday.

I expect a teary reel from Jill lamenting her youngest is 6 and then some blabbering about her womb and jesus. 😂

In the eclipse video I saw 9-year-old Sophia holding a blanket and sucking her thumb.  WTH is going on in that home? 😟

15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

From what Kaylee shows us in her videos, she's Jill Jr. She may cook now, but let's see her in about 5 years, 3 more kids in. 

I’m shocked that she’s not already pregnant again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Don't forget, Jill writes her own stuff, so she's not all about "good old fashioned" hymns. 

Based on her writing "style" and musical "ability" I can just imagine the quality of the songs she writes.

• LOL 7
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

KayJo wouldn’t need a garden if they didn’t buy Plexus from mommy dearest… Just saying.

I say good on them for attempting a garden. We have often talked about these families with a bunch of kids not having gardens to grow some of their own food.

By starting now, with just 1 child and not traveling with the grift tour, by the time they have 4-5 children they might just be good at growing some of their own healthy food.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
22 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Based on her writing "style" and musical "ability" I can just imagine the quality of the songs she writes.

She sings them on the grifting tour. They're predictably awful. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

And even though Nurie and Not Nurie are married w/children, who knows how independent they actually are. They might be asking/checking with their husbands Mahmo over every little thing. 

FIFY.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

(sung to the tune of Danny Boy)

My fruitful womb!

The pipes, the pipes are opennnnnnn

To plant a seed.....to grow and grow my grift!

(points to her waifs one by one)

It's you and YOUUUUU and you and you and you....."dear"

Help Mahmo shine, or Mahmo will be miffed!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
(edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 12:59 PM, ginger90 said:

Timothy made a coffee bar in his house. Jill and a few children stopped by. Jill asked if he had to go cups for the coffee he was making them.

Screenshot from a video:

13B59666-D5E1-4CC9-8737-2E3DD8EC4976.jpeg

. Today’s lesson from Jill. 

AA461619-4303-47E3-AD29-8626D79BC80D.jpeg

$100 says Timothy's ministry is making "fancy coffee drinks" and bringing them (lukewarm) and smiley tracts to nursing homes and trying to sell insurance to the residents.

10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Well caffeine is  one of the few vices  that godly people are allowed.   So I can see them going all out with it.  

Plus, it distinguishes them from Mormons, who don't drink caffeinated beverages.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think anyone living in a nursing home is insurable. 

And he definitely doesn't get paid. I imagine he goes one night a week, but Jill being Jill talks a big game.

Probably one night a week as a volunteer. 

• Useful 2

Jill, since when do blue and pink match?!   And what on earth are those rags your girls are wearing? They look like the orphans in Annie. I’d be embarrassed to go anywhere with my children looking like that. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Probably one night a week as a volunteer. 

Maybe he’s just using it as a way to attempt to evade taxes somehow.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill took the youngest 2 to Chuck E Cheese. It looked depressing/just depressing.

The music she add to her videos, speeding up what she filmed. The girls dressed in extremely outdated outfits.  I feel like I’m watching a combination of Dudley-do-right and The Perils of Pauline.   I got the impression those two girls had never been to a Chuck E Cheese before.   You don’t need to be dressed in pinafores to play at Chuck E Cheese. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
(edited)

They appeared to be wearing Christmas themed tees underneath their summer-gauze dresses.  And had them tied in the front instead of the back.  

Oh Jill, you fashionista you! 

I didn't watch the video, but did she feed the kids or were they just there to play?  Because I can SEE her taking them there to just play and hope someone invited her kids to their pizza party.

Edited to say I saw the pics of them on Reddit where they got a pizza and I am honestly in shock.  Unless she made Sophia (that's the other one, right?) pay with her piggy bank, then that's a whole other level of awful. 

Edited by ALittleShelfish
following up on my own self
  • Sad 4

Janessa got one of those creepy realistic baby dolls for her birthday. Those don’t come cheap. I hope the people that they’re grifting from know where their money is truly going. Jill’s straight talking and kissing her over n over like she’s a toddler when she blows out her candles on her cake. This is just ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3

Oh my goodness, those young girls are wearing adult sundresses over long sleeve Ts. We all know they do own some appropriate kid's clothing.

This is close to what they're wearing, and what they should be wearing. JillR needs to do better.

image.png.f93c3c72c2faac2107d2c46b358140da.pngimage.png.80ca6f7bc7ccccbd7e05c8d8d44b8acb.png

• Like 2