Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

9A39DC4D-1AB8-431C-8E63-45A2D65E5A17.jpeg

B8F10E11-6636-4316-A5AA-2B481DD87654.jpeg

E76698E4-9B81-4A1F-A1BA-DBFA3B3B05F4.jpeg

Featuring….Shopping/Vendors 🙄.  In other words, she’ll be using this godly event to hawk Plexus, vinyl earrings and Rodrigues Family CDs. Start saving up your grocery money, ladies!

• Like 14
  • LOL 7

Hunky hubby is a full time printer with his own shop and child labor, yet Jill paid to have this printed? I laughed that the invoice shown calls it a Booklet and Jill calls it a magazine😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8

Dave is lazyyyy. Too lazy to even print their gahdly/mahdest magazine… all he had to do is press some buttons.

What joy it is to be Jill and to be married to such a hard working/go getter hubby! 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 12

Jilly the Hostess with the HoHo makeup.

I see the first registrant gets a prize.   What dollar store tat will Jill hand out this year?

As for Mama Pat, amazing what happens when she is home and away from the chaos of the Rod household.   

• Like 15
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Update on Pat. She looks good! I just wish she wouldn't use the R word. But then, these fools likely have no clue it's a slur. 

C76C5709-EC09-4EB2-B3DC-BB31DE6D6D68.thumb.jpeg.514d009237cddd55686319347b1bac48.jpeg

She does look good but I hate when people use the R word. I had a guy arguing with me on FB using that word. When I told him using it invalidates anything he is saying, he called me it again. Ignorants use it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 13
  • Sad 4

So mom is doing amazingly well mentally, and then Jill goes on to report on how she has declined mentally. Make it make sense. Jill needs to shut up about other people’s business, especially anything medically related.

• Like 12
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

Wow, for a guy who claims printing is his calling from God that retreat announcement is a hot mess.  I always thought that when you were doing something for God you should give it your best.  The frightening thought is that this is the best he can do.  And I'll bet the prize for the first registrant is some pink drink crap and an offer from Jill to help them discover a new business "opportunity".

My question is how did Timbits cope with the woman in front of him in the family photo who is showing a lot of shoulder and leg?  He has famously said he is "curt" with women because he feels all of them are tempting him into sin.  Has he gotten over himself, or was he quietly seething and making sure Heidi knows that she is never to dress like that?  I love that Jill has made it so transparent that she is big mad that she wasn't there.  The text she claimed she received from Philip was something else. 

I cut Jill no slack on using the R word.  You have to be living in a cave to not know that word is about as offensive as the N word.  I'm glad if her mom is at least stabilizing, but referring to her leg that way is not appropriate at all.

Jill creating a magazine is the gift that keeps on giving.  I wonder how long she will be able to keep it up.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

My question is how did Timbits cope with the woman in front of him in the family photo who is showing a lot of shoulder and leg?  He has famously said he is "curt" with women because he feels all of them are tempting him into sin.  Has he gotten over himself, or was he quietly seething and making sure Heidi knows that she is never to dress like that?

I remember awhile back there was speculation on Reddit that Timbit's pronouncements and videos might have been performance art for BME's benefits and maybe didn't reflect his true feelings.  Heidi's sister Hallie responded on IG that Tim was very sweet and seemed to be head-over-heels in love with Heidi.  Perhaps Jill's discipline didn't exactly break Tim.  I'm curious about how this relationship develops.

• Like 10
  • Useful 13

I'm a little surprised Jill didn't have a funeral for Ma's leg like she did with Amy after her accident. 

Ma and Pa have been at Aunt Brenda's and Uncle Jon's for quite a while, haven't they? Apparently, Jill isn't planning to have them return to the barndo for a long stay because the boys moved their furniture from the upstairs attic back into the downstairs bedroom. I guess when it's Jill's turn to host Ma and Pa, they'll move in with Kaylee and Jonathan. Jill and Hunk will be on another vacation anyway. 

• Like 7
On 10/21/2023 at 4:44 PM, ginger90 said:

68A46809-9E50-4BDD-ABD3-97E68D991322.jpeg

*SURPRISE!*  I have something I have been working on and it is almost ready for shipment!  How many like to sit down with a warm cup of coffee, snuggled in your favorite Fall blanket and read a good magazine?  👍 🩷  Well, this is a (quarterly) magazine I would highly recommend you read!  It is filled with encouraging articles, that will (prayerfully) inspire you in your Christian walk!  There are lots of interesting pictures, and it is a Rodrigues family production. 😊  Are YOU interested?  🥰  If you did not already subscribe at the Ladies' Meeting, then send me your address to subscribe.  😊

No need to capitalize the word “fall,” Jill. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Luckily for Kaylee, there's no room in their house to entertain someone who is wheelchair bound. But no, Jill thinks she did her part. No more lodging at the barndo. 

True! Besides Jill would argue (if her sisters complain about her not helping) that she cut their hair. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, jacourt said:

Why does Jill always use last names?

Because it is extremely important that the whole world know and understand that these women are married!  They are not sluttish floozies living in sin.  They are well and truly hitched and, of course, took their husband's last name to demonstrate their submissiveness to his will.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

True! Besides Jill would argue (if her sisters complain about her not helping) that she cut their hair. 

Runs away screaming and hiding my hair. I wouldn’t let Jill anywhere near me with her cosmetology skillz! No, no, no!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 10/22/2023 at 9:06 AM, BradandJanet said:

I don't get the photo of the "magazine." Did the printer send uncut, unbound pages? Do the printshop Rodlets have to assemble this thing? How thick is it? 

Based on that picture, it's one page.  So, not a magazine at all.  A leaflet, if we're being generous. 

Also, I prefer a hot cup of coffee when I curl up with my "Fall" blanket to read a "magazine," as opposed to a "warm" cup.  

Did Jill mention how she's distributing these?  Is this a yearly subscription for a one-page magazine that probably won't even see another edition, due to too many vacations or Hunk losing interest?

• Like 15
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Ma's hair, makeup, and nails are ALL that Jill does. What about the less glamorous tasks like toileting assistance, bathing, transferring from chair to bed to car, making sure she can eat, and keeping her company? I have a feeling all that falls to Kaylee, Renee, and maybe Tessie. Jill probably gives orders if she's even home. It isn't clear that Pa does very much.

Just now, laurakaye said:

Did Jill mention how she's distributing these?  Is this a yearly subscription for a one-page magazine that probably won't even see another edition, due to too many vacations or Hunk losing interest?

It's a quarterly. Even that will be a challenge since the entire focus of the magazine will be Jill and Plexus. I guess the cruise will provide an article or two. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

First issue should have been all about thanksgiving and Christmas. And all the gifts Jill wants and the recipes that her family loves. (Hint yellow and burned hehe).

and which decorations are gahdly from hobby lobby and how to prepare a feast for 4 people but stretch it to 20 people from dollar tree… basically how to feed 20 people for $30 a week! 

That leaflet is BORING.

• LOL 10
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Luckily for Kaylee, there's no room in their house to entertain someone who is wheelchair bound. But no, Jill thinks she did her part. No more lodging at the barndo. 

That’s not gonna stop Jill from pushing Noyes grandparents on Kaylee. The bathroom is downstairs and there is a living room aka good enough.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
On 10/22/2023 at 9:06 AM, BradandJanet said:

I don't get the photo of the "magazine." Did the printer send uncut, unbound pages? Do the printshop Rodlets have to assemble this thing? How thick is it? 

So by the looks of it, this is a small run and was printed digitally.  I don’t believe DBD has the ability to print digitally, as he runs an offset press in his workshop.  Hence, her going to another (professional) printer.  If DBD has a digital printer (big $$$) it’s probably not one that can run this job efficiently.  

The pages are printed and stacked in order, one on top of the other and slightly staggered, so that they remain separated for collation and binding. This was probably just off press and headed to the bindery to be collated, assembled and bound.  The “magazine” looks to be 20 pages. I can explain more if anyone is actually interested LOL!!!

It’s hard to tell how many they printed and the paper looks a little heavy for a “magazine” (more like a brochure).  My guess is 200-300 copies.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Useful 12
6 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Anyone in here planning to sign up for the magazine and if so, would share what is in it in here?  

Anyone know how much a subscription costs?  Should we take up a collection?

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The two things Jill is good at are pumping out babies and grifting money and things from people who can't afford to support the Rodrigueses but who Jill thinks should. 

Things she is not good at include the following: preparing meals someone would want to eat, singing and playing musical instruments, telling the truth, getting Hunk to support his family, using Standard English grammar and punctuation, educating her children, applying makeup, grooming eyebrows, styling hair for 2023, finding modest but well-fitting clothing, being nonjudgmental, acting like just one of the girls, letting go of a grudge, feeding her children regularly, training her children to be productive citizens, giving health advice, decorating a home, touring national monuments responsibly, being respectful to other people in times of difficulty, designing and using graphics, and keeping her mouth shut. 

Nailed it.

• Like 12