Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Surely best ever handyman dave can magically hook it up to the septic system under the gravel garden while Jill points and films it all.

Yassss! So neat! (Smile) 

My manly man can do anything at! My house! Are you all jealous of my wonderful mannn! Babe, let’s go swim in da crick later!

Hehehe, watch me drink my pink drink while my man works hard!

Message me to sell plexus and make $! 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 7

It looks like he’s wearing swim trunks and she might be in modest swim clothing. I have a similar swim top. If she is, I want to know why her children can’t also have pretty, modest swim dresses.

• Like 3
  • Applause 12
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It cracks me up how she will go into a hotel room and Hot Dog Finger Point at a closet (!) or go into a restaurant and show us where people sit (!!), or go to an ocean and show us where the water is kept (!!!).  I mean, this is riveting stuff.

What you just described is why I think that she truly believes herself to be famous.  I mean, why does she think that anyone but family would be interested in watching that??!?  

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

What you just described is why I think that she truly believes herself to be famous.  I mean, why does she think that anyone but family would be interested in watching that??!?  

She is famous … for all the wrong reasons!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I SEVERELY doubt even family would be interested in watching that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
13 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

It looks like he’s wearing swim trunks and she might be in modest swim clothing. I have a similar swim top. If she is, I want to know why her children can’t also have pretty, modest swim dresses.

Because she wants to use her inappropriately modestly dressed children as a spectacle to the heathens so she can scream "persecution!!" if anyone suggests that it might not be safe or sanitary to swim in layers of street clothes?

Or she's just cheap.  Or both.

• Like 21
45 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Oddly, Olivia seems to have a modest swimwear rash guard shirt and maybe the skirt, but wears it as regular clothing.🤷‍♀️

Nothing this family does makes sense. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

All the pictures of her with her hunk, declaring her love, made me wonder something.  What if we have her declaration backwards? As in she posts how much she loves her man, not so that imaginary women won't fawn over her hunk, maybe she does it so that imaginary men stay away from her?

I wouldn't put it past her to think that way.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16

I find it odd that NO one at the "trike" rental place told her she couldn't wear those shoes.  That's got to be a huge safety violation, no?  I haven't been to a recreation safety seminar in a few years but I'm pretty sure that's a thing.  (Maine may not be regulated like that, like most states have zero regulations re: state fair rides.  I had to watch hours of videos of accidents that resulted from careless setups and woooooboy, if I lived in the south, I'd never let my kids go on a single one of those rides....)

Back to topic, I really would love to believe that Tim and Heidi are showing the other kids what Precious Mahmo is posting on her socials - they deserve to know how their shitty mom celebrates life away from them.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
13 minutes ago, beckie said:

All the pictures of her with her hunk, declaring her love, made me wonder something.  What if we have her declaration backwards? As in she posts how much she loves her man, not so that imaginary women won't fawn over her hunk, maybe she does it so that imaginary men stay away from her?

I wouldn't put it past her to think that way.

She does think she is still a young pretty thing so I don't put something like that past her. 

1 minute ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I find it odd that NO one at the "trike" rental place told her she couldn't wear those shoes.  That's got to be a huge safety violation, no?  I haven't been to a recreation safety seminar in a few years but I'm pretty sure that's a thing.  (Maine may not be regulated like that, like most states have zero regulations re: state fair rides.  I had to watch hours of videos of accidents that resulted from careless setups and woooooboy, if I lived in the south, I'd never let my kids go on a single one of those rides....)

Back to topic, I really would love to believe that Tim and Heidi are showing the other kids what Precious Mahmo is posting on her socials - they deserve to know how their shitty mom celebrates life away from them.  

They probably could tell she was not worth arguing with. 

• Like 9
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Because she wants to use her inappropriately modestly dressed children as a spectacle to the heathens so she can scream "persecution!!" if anyone suggests that it might not be safe or sanitary to swim in layers of street clothes?

Or she's just cheap.  Or both.

After the Nashville cosplay debacle, Jill has been making an effort to look "modern modest" rather than "hillbilly lost in the city." Even given her budget and love of performance, it's possible to do that. Unfortunately, Jill is unable to look in a mirror and evaluate herself objectively. She has a walk-in closet filled with stuff, and she still manages to look like she buys the three-pound-bag-of-mystery- stuff-for-a-dollar at a local thrift shop. 

She'd do better getting a few matching pieces of decent quality that complement each other, but she loves to shop for herself so a planned wardrobe won't happen. 

She doesn't even try with her kids. If their shoes don't fit, too bad. If they don't have a jacket in the winter, too bad. If a young child trips on a long skirt, too bad, if it takes three thin t-shirts on top of each other to get some coverage, too bad.  If it means swimming in denim, it's photo worthy. 

It's all about Jill. Everyone else is just background. 

And--how did she get on that motorbike in that skirt? I thought she was riding side saddle, but somehow she managed to straddle the seat. I bet that was fun to watch. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

After the Nashville cosplay debacle, Jill has been making an effort to look "modern modest" rather than "hillbilly lost in the city." Even given her budget and love of performance, it's possible to do that. Unfortunately, Jill is unable to look in a mirror and evaluate herself objectively. She has a walk-in closet filled with stuff, and she still manages to look like she buys the three-pound-bag-of-mystery- stuff-for-a-dollar at a local thrift shop. 

She'd do better getting a few matching pieces of decent quality that complement each other, but she loves to shop for herself so a planned wardrobe won't happen. 

She doesn't even try with her kids.

I think she sort of tries with the kids lately. The ragamuffin waif look was more effective when she had a bunch of young children and that brought in the donations. Now she has children in the courting age group and the raggedy, hillbilly look won't attract the sort of courtship partners that Jill wants. But, as in her own wardrobe, she attempts this on the cheap and it fails.

Phillip and his scholarly corduroy smoking jacket has to be the butt of jokes at his "bible college". In the chapel service monday he is the only choir member wearing a jacket and you can see where it is stained down the front.  Also, he seems to still have an extra large belt that is hanging below the front of the jacket. 😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 20
22 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Our anniversary is one day off Jillybean's. We did a trip as our gift to each other, to Yellowstone. A few differences:

1) We both have jobs, and no children at home. Just a much-loved dog that enjoyed a week with his grandparents. 🤣

2) I did post a lot of pics, mainly so everyone could "see" the sights with us, and I also like when they come back up on my memories. I did not point in any picture, although my hands are much prettier. 

3) There were exactly two selfies of us. We weren't kissing in either one. 

4) No skirts were worn, and no pictures are available of any meal consumed.

I also didn't need to post constantly about how in love I am with Mr. Turquoise.
So how far down the heathen scale are we?

BUT HOW WILL EVERYONE KNOW YOU TWO ARE IN LOOOVEEE? 

And did you wear flip flops or other useless footwear while in Yellowstone?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

BUT HOW WILL EVERYONE KNOW YOU TWO ARE IN LOOOVEEE? 

And did you wear flip flops or other useless footwear while in Yellowstone?

Alas, no. We wore sneakers, and had water-resistant windbreakers for the drizzly days. You know, appropriate gear for being in a park.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Alas, no. We wore sneakers, and had water-resistant windbreakers for the drizzly days. You know, appropriate gear for being in a park.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of selfies. Otherwise how are we supposed to know how IN LURVE you are????

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Our anniversary is one day off Jillybean's. We did a trip as our gift to each other, to Yellowstone. A few differences:

1) We both have jobs, and no children at home. Just a much-loved dog that enjoyed a week with his grandparents. 🤣

2) I did post a lot of pics, mainly so everyone could "see" the sights with us, and I also like when they come back up on my memories. I did not point in any picture, although my hands are much prettier. 

3) There were exactly two selfies of us. We weren't kissing in either one. 

4) No skirts were worn, and no pictures are available of any meal consumed.

I also didn't need to post constantly about how in love I am with Mr. Turquoise.
So how far down the heathen scale are we?

Did you climb over fences or touch things in a museum that are behind the ropes? If so, neat! If not, JillyBean can probably give you some tips on how to be an inappropriate visitor to a National Park.

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

The engagement day (Oct 6) would have been the day Jill was traveling to Austin for Gold school. So she was for sure out of town. Unclear where the rest of the Rods were.

We don't know if they drove back to Ohio from their time in New England and Jill flew from there, or Jill flew from New England and the rest of the Rods were on their way back to the barndo. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

I watched it...I thought is was a good video! simple. She looks pretty. The ring is beautiful...I got out my popcorn ..... because I have said all along...She gonna give Jill a run for her money...lol....Now we know why Jill gave us eleventy million pics of the 26 anniversary ....cause Jill cannot stand to have the spotlight on someone else....and the fact that Jill and fam was not at the engagement ...very telling....This is going to be good watching...wonder if Jill will wear white to the wedding???? like I said...get your popcorn ready....

I thought it was a sweet and well done video.  It was especially sweet that BME wasn’t there!  I’m pretty sure that Heidi was the one singing the song that played throughout the video, and I wonder if she also wrote the song.  She has a lovely voice!  I’ll bet Jill is fuming that she couldn’t be at the engagement.

• Like 16