Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Let's see.  Big smile, interesting poses, showing her good teeth--yep, they are preparing her for the auction block.  I'm not sure how old she is, but I guess you can't start too soon.

The pictures are fine, but the videos of her are awful. Plenty of giggles and high pitched simpering. All the girls do it. Jill must think it's cute.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

81851A8A-E398-4C80-A623-C46B5870F9C4.jpeg

I have no words for this outfit. And the braided hair. 

Well, maybe I do. Is Jill auditioning to be in the cast of "The Fundie Sound of Music"? Please tell me she doesn't burst out singing "The hills are alive . . . ."  

Edited by BradandJanet
another thought
  • Like 3
  • LOL 15
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Happy Birthday Hannah! She got a soup and maybe a coffee. She didn’t even bring a sister/bestie because my guess she wasn’t allowed. 

E560B90A-F763-49AD-9EA1-71E612FBDE97.jpeg

12D4ABA6-0D87-4D82-8A82-4715B03CFC98.jpeg

791005B6-5C4E-4D07-995E-EF3A82E3312B.jpeg

73717E3D-06A9-49AF-B0AA-7CF99998360E.jpeg

6A0CCB95-088A-4E15-BBBD-9960147F2566.jpeg

481FA450-BF60-42B3-9D66-94D40852D144.jpeg

ABE22C9D-335E-4BB1-A201-D5FF55285868.jpeg

94FBC10A-CE26-4821-B303-5392DB6AF980.jpeg

6FE0FE8D-A02C-4CF5-B19D-AD4880B84EB3.jpeg

83BF5379-713E-4B22-8306-74122946EF20.jpeg

Concerning that photo of Jill alone in the field I'm amazed that she didn't provide us with a video, singing "The hills are alive, with the sound of music."

1 hour ago, awaken said:

I never noticed that Hannah resembles Nurie.  You can really see it in these photos. 

jill looks worse than usual. Yikes with the outfit 😬

She's looking very matronly, and not like one of the girls.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Jill's skirts are getting tighter and tighter. One might say a little sluttish for a Fundy. Jessa and Jinger had Modern Modest and now JillR is inventing Fundy Sluttish.

I think one of her Fundy followers should call her out on her new style. A style she is surely trying out to fit in a little better on the cruise. Too bad she is so far of the mark because very few women would be caught dead in anything she wears. And most women don't dress in clothes so tight they can't walk.

• Like 17
20 hours ago, louannems said:

You know Jill’s magazine will be nonstop “glamour” shots of Jill, cover to cover. Sure, there’ll be a few articles on how to apply light feminine touches of makeup and how to dress modestly but mostly photos of Jill.

And the denim mermaid skirt!

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

791005B6-5C4E-4D07-995E-EF3A82E3312B.jpeg

Screenshot #1 had me LOL-ing...Jill's sausage finger pointing at what, exactly?  An empty restaurant?  The "Water" sign?  Did she spot a hussy with blue hair enjoying a coffee?  

Screenshot #2...what do we have going on here?  A flowy polyester blouse circa 1990 and a chunky necklace from the 2003 bargain section of Claire's.  A shockingly short and tight black skirt, made modest by the addition of a dust ruffle sewn to the bottom - never mind that she can't bend over.  And what fresh hell are we wearing on our feet?  Black orthopedic sneakers?  Stunning.

Screenshot #3 - hahahaha, no way is Dave having a cup of soup for dinner.

Poor Hannah.  Hopefully she and Tessie whisper long into the night planning their eventual escapes.

• Like 12
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Screenshot #2...what do we have going on here?  A flowy polyester blouse circa 1990 and a chunky necklace from the 2003 bargain section of Claire's.  A shockingly short and tight black skirt, made modest by the addition of a dust ruffle sewn to the bottom - never mind that she can't bend over.  And what fresh hell are we wearing on our feet?  Black orthopedic sneakers?  Stunning.

Screenshot #3 - hahahaha, no way is Dave having a cup of soup for dinner.

Seriously, can that skirt be any tighter?? 

Maybe the soup was just a snack? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

HAPPY 26th ANNIVERSARY to my WONDERFUL parents. ❤️ 
   I can not even begin to say how THANKFUL I am to the Lord for a Godly Mother and Father who have have kept a GODLY marriage for 26 years now. 💞
They have been faithful to one another, been there for their children, have and continue to keep the LORD in the center of their marriage. They have NEVER given up on God and each other and for that I am SO THANKFUL to them in SO MANY WAYS. 🥰 
  My parents are examples I can look up to, when many people around, just let their marriage go. 
I watch them..... Love and care for one another, flirt with each other, kiss each other, say "I love you babe", laugh with each other, keep God in the center and KEEP their VOW they made to the Lord 26 years ago. 💖 
  I LOVE you Mama and Daddy and THANK YOU for being such AMAZING parents and staying committed to each other, no matter what. 

It's SO SAD to see how many people do GIVE UP on marriage. 😔  
 Marriage is NEVER something you....GIVE UP on. 
 Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm DONE. 
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm tired of this".
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm ready for someone new".
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I just don't love them anymore". 
 Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I want a divorce". 
 Marriage is NEVER something you......GIVE UP ON!!!!!! 

MARRIAGE is a LIFE LONG commitment.
  Marriage IS keeping Christ at the center.
  Marriage IS loving your partner when they don't seem so easy to love. 
  Marriage IS saying, "I love you" several times a day. 
  Marriage IS looking at ALL their qualities, rather then their faults. 
  Marriage IS sacrificing time and effort to show how much you care for your partner. 
   Marriage IS a COMMITMENT and a VOW we make before the Lord. 
 Marriage IS............FOREVER, till DEATH do us part. 🥰🥰

I LOVE you Mama and Daddy and THANK YOU for keeping that commitment with each other and loving each other for 26 years now. You are both the BEST PARENTS EVER.             

Love forever your, 
                                    ❤️ Kaylee girl ❤️

6A5EB4F1-95A7-4511-993A-58C8DB119337.jpeg

I had been looking at a site with some shirts that had designs I thought my younger son would like, so, of course, their ads pop up here. Which is why, in big letters right under the photo, the word "Hardaddy" was emblazoned. Almost made me choke.

• LOL 13

💦 for 26 years. I’m thrilled for them. 

Yay.

Hearing your parents having nookie in tiny enclosed spaces is traumatizing. The Rod kids probably need therapy. 

I bet Jill acts like a cat when she seduces Dave. Like in the plexus video.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
On 9/29/2023 at 3:26 AM, mynextmistake said:

Which makes me wonder — what about the women in these cults who aren’t attractive? The Bates girls are all quite pretty, and the Duggar girls and spouses of the Duggar boys are all above-average in appearance, but there have to be some women in Fundieland who have less pleasing countenances. What happens to them?

These women aren’t allowed to be intelligent, educated, or interesting, and I assume they’re all equally capable of parroting bible verses and such. So really, to a depressing degree, their looks are all they have going for them. Do the ones who never catch a fundie guy’s eye just live with their parents forever? 

This is where arranged marriages likely come into play.   The prettier you are the more “cows and chickens” you are worth in the marriage discussion between fathers.   That doesn’t mean the fugly ones get left out of the negotiations if the father is clever/desperate enough 

• Sad 4
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

PSA:  Long denim skirts are now in fashion.  How are we going to identify fundies from a distance now????

I know, and every time I see one being advertised or on a website for non-fundy retaliers, I do a full-body shudder.  I get flashbacks to the fundies I knew in high school wearing their long denim skirts, tee shirts, and bangs.

• LOL 7
14 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

6FE0FE8D-A02C-4CF5-B19D-AD4880B84EB3.jpeg

Hubba, hubba. Hunk is making love to the camera. I need to fan myself for relief. 

There's just something magnetic about a man with dark eyes wearing a smelly,  dirty, bowling shirt with a pocket full of smiley tracts. Whew.

Jill simply has to stop posting such sexy photos of her Hunk. How long are we weak women supposed to control our ourselves? 

• LOL 19
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

HAPPY 26th ANNIVERSARY to my WONDERFUL parents. ❤️ 
   I can not even begin to say how THANKFUL I am to the Lord for a Godly Mother and Father who have have kept a GODLY marriage for 26 years now. 💞
They have been faithful to one another, been there for their children, have and continue to keep the LORD in the center of their marriage. They have NEVER given up on God and each other and for that I am SO THANKFUL to them in SO MANY WAYS. 🥰 
  My parents are examples I can look up to, when many people around, just let their marriage go. 
I watch them..... Love and care for one another, flirt with each other, kiss each other, say "I love you babe", laugh with each other, keep God in the center and KEEP their VOW they made to the Lord 26 years ago. 💖 
  I LOVE you Mama and Daddy and THANK YOU for being such AMAZING parents and staying committed to each other, no matter what. 

It's SO SAD to see how many people do GIVE UP on marriage. 😔  
 Marriage is NEVER something you....GIVE UP on. 
 Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm DONE. 
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm tired of this".
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I'm ready for someone new".
Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I just don't love them anymore". 
 Marriage is NEVER something you say...."I want a divorce". 
 Marriage is NEVER something you......GIVE UP ON!!!!!! 

MARRIAGE is a LIFE LONG commitment.
  Marriage IS keeping Christ at the center.
  Marriage IS loving your partner when they don't seem so easy to love. 
  Marriage IS saying, "I love you" several times a day. 
  Marriage IS looking at ALL their qualities, rather then their faults. 
  Marriage IS sacrificing time and effort to show how much you care for your partner. 
   Marriage IS a COMMITMENT and a VOW we make before the Lord. 
 Marriage IS............FOREVER, till DEATH do us part. 🥰🥰

I LOVE you Mama and Daddy and THANK YOU for keeping that commitment with each other and loving each other for 26 years now. You are both the BEST PARENTS EVER.             

Love forever your, 
                                    ❤️ Kaylee girl ❤️

6A5EB4F1-95A7-4511-993A-58C8DB119337.jpeg

(And Kaylee)is BME current favorite,  because she's closest with the grandchild.  But we all know how gleefully Jill has bragged in the past about tormenting her and encouraging the other children to do so. (And Kaylee) just like that came from her.

But even Jill knows how it would look if she posted about herself.  In fact, before I got to the bottom and saw it was credited to (and Kaylee), I thought Jill was writing it about her own parents,  and wondered why she would be bragging about her parents having her and her sisters out of wedlock!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm willing to bet that Jill added that whole bit about what she thinks marriage is. What would a newlywed know?

Newlywed fundies are experts on marriage , it's sooo hard and soo rewarding . Yay Jesus .

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, lianau said:

Newlywed fundies are experts on marriage

Oh, yes. I remember Josh and Anna Duggar "counseling" other young Fundie couples on how to have a happy Christian marriage. The Smuggars hadn't even been married for a month, but they were "experts".

• LOL 16
9 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Oh, yes. I remember Josh and Anna Duggar "counseling" other young Fundie couples on how to have a happy Christian marriage. The Smuggars hadn't even been married for a month, but they were "experts".

That worked out real well for them. 😂

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 22
10 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

IIRC Bin & Jessa spoke at a conference about marriage after maybe a month of being married so I guess all the Duggars are experts.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15

I'm so confused about Jill's outfit in poor Hanna's birthday pictures.  So now you not only have to wear multiple shirts, you have to wear multiple skirts as well?  Or did she get one of the lost girls to sew whatever that is to the bottom of that skirt?  I'm so confused and that whole outfit is so ugly.  But the black clodhoppers are the icing on the cake, so there's that.

I noticed on the picture where she claims she is starting a magazine (???) she is once again wearing that ugly maxi dress she squeezed herself into.  She has gotten a lot of milage out of that thing.  I'm sure it will fall apart after a couple washings.

Poor Renee.  I knew her guy had set some boundaries with Jill that she didn't like so she nagged at Renee until she broke up with him.  I'm sure the only peace Renee has is that she doesn't have to listen to BME complain anymore.

That kissing picture - yuck.  I have a strong stomach, but that did me in.  I also thought Jill was talking about her parents until I realized the math didn't work.  No way Kaylee wrote that.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Where exactly does Kaylee girl see all these people who give up on marriage. who don't flirt every day, don't say I love you babe, multiple x per day, etc.

Every church she's ever been to on the grift tours, her husband and his family, the church she attends, all share her parent's beliefs about marriage. Perhaps, like her mama, she is projecting her judgement on women in walmart, who she deems must be divorced or in a failing marriage because they are shopping without their man.

It seems to me marriage for Kaylee is for the most part still doing what her mama wants, when mama wants her to do whatever, just as it was before she was married.

Hopefully Kaylee girl stayed the hell home with her husband and newborn for a change rather than traipsing off to vermont with the circus.

Note to Kaylee - interfering in-laws can be a cause of divorce.😂

Unfortunately, she is stuck for life.  I hope he is a good husband.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Jill—Thanks for warning me about Kenny Rogers. I SERIOUSLY was about to start wearing pants and smoking crack after hearing “You Decorated My Life”. 

Jill, that song isn't even country. It's a pop ballad. EVEN WORSE!!!!! 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC Bin & Jessa spoke at a conference about marriage after maybe a month of being married so I guess all the Duggars are experts.

Joy and Austin did too! 

that photo is downright disturbing 😱

• Like 6
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Oops she did it again! What is she wearing? Leggings and those ugly shoes? And the hoodie blouse doesn’t work with that skirt?!

Jill cannot dress herself cute even though she spends a ton of $ on herself!

29AFF105-A39D-481A-9EF6-B2F75F04F9E7.jpeg

That skirt is hideous. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Jill—Thanks for warning me about Kenny Rogers. I SERIOUSLY was about to start wearing pants and smoking crack after hearing “You Decorated My Life”. 

So this is Jill and Dave's "song" event though Kaylee made the disclaimer that Big Daddy grew up in an "unsaved" home, hence being familiar with this song.  But if the song is so unholy, why is it their song, and why is it being played over the creepy black and white picture of Dave and Jill making out?

Are we modest or are we not?  If we are modest, don't play that heathen song and show us a picture of two adults grinding against a tree.  Nothing about any of this makes any sense, including newlywed Kaylee Girl writing a missive on what marriage is all about.  She must've drawn the short straw from BME and it was her turn to pen the slobbering post to her wonderful parents.

Next anniversary I expect to hear Blue Oyster Cult's "Burning for You" played against a picture of Jill and Dave in bed, for crying out loud.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 10
  • LOL 14
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Are we holy or are we modest?  If we are modest, don't play that heathen song and show us a picture of two adults grinding against a tree.

This. That photo was straight from a romance novel cover. Which is fine, if that’s what people want to do, but Jill is such a hypocrite. 

On 10/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Is finding baby care difficult a generational thing? 

I think not everyone with a working productive system has the personality or temperament to be a primary caregiver. However if you are a woman in this culture it’s a requirement, even if you hate it. If you’re lucky you can remain single like Jana or have a husband that won’t resent you for not performing your gender role. Of course that’s not the innocent baby’s fault. Mainstream people that realize they hate caregiving usual stop having kids and outsource caregiving (if they can afford it). 

Fundy women don’t have either option. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

So does Phillip sit there thinking no further than "that doesn't apply to me" or could he possibly think a bit further to "oh my mama is on her phone all the freaking time, she might be addicted to it and be of no use to god"??

Honestly, I don't think he "thinks" about it at all. He was raised not to think. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 17
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Again I find myself wondering what Phillip thinks when he listens to preachers at bible college.

Last Saturday night service - the old pastor guy, who sits in a chair to preach, went on a good long tangent about people being addicted to their phones. He was especially miffed about people who have their phones out during church services. He tells the story of a student who was scrolling/texting during service, never looking up at the speaker. Student was called in for a chat, student admitted addiction to his phone, student was told he could no longer travel on the school choir trips, instead he was to stay in his room and stare at his phone.

The pastor then states if you are constantly engaged with your phone you are of no use to  god to do his works. His big question was ask yourself each day how much time you spent looking at your bible and how much time you spent looking at your phone.

So does Phillip sit there thinking no further than "that doesn't apply to me" or could he possibly think a bit further to "oh my mama is on her phone all the freaking time, she might be addicted to it and be of no use to god"??

Can you please remind me of the name of that Bible college and where you’re finding the online services/sermons?  Thanks in advance!

• Like 2