Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 9/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Lady Edith said:

Jill, you seem to be very fond of showing off your feet.  I hope you know that there are people in the world who find feet to be…umm…stimulating.  As in, as stimulating as the parts of the female anatomy that you judge other women for not hiding under layers of clothing.  You are no better in this instance from the women you call “sluttish” for showing (GASP) their legs, arms and shoulders.  Or Lord Daniel forbid, a little cleavage.  So you feel it’s ok to openly show a part of your body that leads peoole (some men and some women alike) to have desires that can’t be righteously fulfilled, but I should be shamed for wearing only one tshirt that shows my collarbone.  Or having blue hair.  Or wearing shorts.  Check yourself, Jill.  Your hypocrisy is showing as clearly as your swollen cankles. 

Wonder if anyone has sent her foot photos to a fetish site?

1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

multiple posts.  no idea what happened

• LOL 6

Oh, now the viruses floating around are serious, when Jill has something to shill. But when her preemie grandson needed support for his lungs after birth, nary a word about concern or protection for him.

We need a Fundy version of Survivor. Lets put the likes of JillR, JB&M, Gill and Kelly Bates, Gothard, Pecan & Priss, the Coca-cola lady and her husband and lets watch their assholery play out live in TV.

I can picture it now - Michelle and JillR sweetly yelling religious platitudes to each other as they pull out each other's hair extensions. JB donkey laughing as he steals everyone's food, Kelly sitting on a log pretending to text on a rock, Gil talking about cutting down trees, while Priss tells Pecan its baby making time and Coca-cola lady is diligently stirring boiling water as her husband recites the virtues of gender roles.

• Like 2
  • LOL 21
Just now, GeeGolly said:

We need a Fundy version of Survivor. Lets put the likes of JillR, JB&M, Gill and Kelly Bates, Gothard, Pecan & Priss, the Coca-cola lady and her husband and lets watch their assholery play out live in TV.

I can picture it now - Michelle and JillR sweetly yelling religious platitudes to each other as they pull out each other's hair extensions. JB donkey laughing as he steals everyone's food, Kelly sitting on a log pretending to text on a rock, Gil talking about cutting down trees, while Priss tells Pecan its baby making time and Coca-cola lady is diligently stirring boiling water as her husband recites the virtues of gender roles.

. . . as soon as the Hollywood strikes are over, this could be coming our way on TLC!  🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
On 9/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, AstridM said:

😳😳😳

IMG_8703.jpeg

Let's all preach the "hospel"! That ad is just embarrassing.

More on this strange place at https://www.mariettabiblecollege.org/ "This institution is not certified by the Department of Higher Education or the State of Ohio" Looks like almost entirely overseas students? (news: back in 2014 they had to deport a bunch of students, as they weren't accredited. And amazingly, the school head started whining about being persecuted. . . .)

For some reason I'm very amused by the picture array, which includes a heading ONE OF THE CLASSROOMS. And in another clear nod to their 'old-fashion' style, the choir director is titled "Choir Directress."

Alternative website? https://promediaclub.wixsite.com/mariettabiblecollege  says "The Marietta Bible College is fully accredited by the American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions, Inc. (AAATII)"

On 9/4/2023 at 5:30 PM, Sweetpea12 said:

The Brown Build-a-Bear that went to Bible college with his Big Buddy left his 

Baby Bear Brother at the Barndo on the Boy's Bottom Bunk Bed. 

image.png.e6970b10f07285e895b6ec3b289820db.png

Brilliant!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh, now the viruses floating around are serious, when Jill has something to shill. But when her preemie grandson needed support for his lungs after birth, nary a word about concern or protection for him.

I'm pretty sure I know who everyone else is, but who is the Coca-Cola lady of whom you speak?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm pretty sure I know who everyone else is, but who is the Coca-Cola lady of whom you speak?

I think this may be a reference to Terry Maxwell who, according to her husband, Steve, was 'addicted' to Pepsi; so he forbade her to drink it.  Claimed it was the cause of her depression.  Because having umpteen kids and a controlling a**hole of a husband wasn't depressing enough.

Steve and Terry Maxwell created the infamous 'chore packs' that the Duggars used on the show back in the early days.  They toured the countryside singing and selling various aids for the Christian homes.  The husband was awful, total iron fist.  He did seem to be able to support the whole bunch pretty well.  However, the sons all got married off but lived in the same neighborhood while the daughters languished at home, sharing bunk beds. One of the daughters ran a blog for them.  

Finally, the dam seemingly burst.  One of the sons and his wife moved a couple hours away to a large city.  Then the eldest daughter moved out on her own into an apartment, she was in her late 30's.  Around the same time, two of the younger girls went off to Bible college on their own.  This was stuff Stevehovah would never have sanctioned.  The older daughter got engaged and married shortly after moving out.  

Seems like Steve lost his iron grasp on the family and the family blog shut down around that time.  I think they've pretty much gone silent on their lives although I think they still sell chore packs and various books including some really awful children's books written by one of the girls.

Maxwell family blog

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 12
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

I think this may be a reference to Terry Maxwell who, according to her husband, Steve, was 'addicted' to Pepsi; so he forbade her to drink it.  Claimed it was the cause of her depression.  Because having umpteen kids and a controlling a**hole of a husband wasn't depressing enough.

Steve and Terry Maxwell created the infamous 'chore packs' that the Duggars used on the show back in the early days.  They toured the countryside singing and selling various aids for the Christian homes.  The husband was awful, total iron fist.  He did seem to be able to support the whole bunch pretty well.  However, the sons all got married off but lived in the same neighborhood while the daughters languished at home, sharing bunk beds. One of the daughters ran a blog for them.  

Finally, the dam seemingly burst.  One of the sons and his wife moved a couple hours away to a large city.  Then the eldest daughter moved out on her own into an apartment, she was in her late 30's.  Around the same time, two of the younger girls went off to Bible college on their own.  This was stuff Stevehovah would never have sanctioned.  The older daughter got engaged and married shortly after moving out.  

Seems like Steve lost his iron grasp on the family and the family blog shut down around that time.  I think they've pretty much gone silent on their lives although I think they still sell chore packs and various books including some really awful children's books written by one of the girls.

Maxwell family blog

I still can't believe Steve lost his grip on his family. I didn't think that would ever happen. Especially the daughters wouldn't be able to leave until he was dead.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
On 9/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, Notabug said:

So, the kids are told that their natural feelings and attraction to others are wrong and dangerous.  And, if they happen to be attracted to someone of the same sex, they are doomed to hell.

My guess, as far as Jill pairing up her children with "suitable" mates - for the girls, she needs a guy with either a semi-recognizable Fundy name or the son of someone from her downline, either will suffice.  For her sons, she just requires a woman who she deems to not be as "pretty" as herself, because married or not, there's no way she lets any potential daughter-in-law replace her as the main woman in her son's life.  

Poor Heidi.  Run, girl.  Run.

2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Screen shot from their public FB page:

Screenshot2023-09-07at9_18_16AM.thumb.png.1dd3bae3ac92197cb468259ed0d95e97.png

There are indeed a total of 14 photos in that post, one for each product, mostly CDs. I just had to share this one because the "WTF?" factor is so strong:

storysong.jpg.3bc9010f4821d5933193fb2d5a2154ab.jpg

Because nothing says "Christian music" more than photoshopping your entire family cascading down a waterfall....I guess?

• LOL 22
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My guess, as far as Jill pairing up her children with "suitable" mates - for the girls, she needs a guy with either a semi-recognizable Fundy name or the son of someone from her downline, either will suffice.  For her sons, she just requires a woman who she deems to not be as "pretty" as herself, because married or not, there's no way she lets any potential daughter-in-law replace her as the main woman in her son's life.  

Poor Heidi.  Run, girl.  Run.

Sad but true. If Tim and Heidi marry, I'd love it if she turns out to have a strong character (unlike Jonathon) and remains close with her own parents and siblings. And doesn't get sucked into JillR's narcissistic vortex. But then I think about Tim, and how awful it would be for anyone to be married to him, and abandon all hope. He's such a creep. Didn't he give her some clothes as a gift? And they were fugly baggy "modest" things guaranteed to frumperize her from head to toe. If he's dressing her at this point, the future looks bleak. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
53 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Screen shot from their public FB page:

Screenshot2023-09-07at9_18_16AM.thumb.png.1dd3bae3ac92197cb468259ed0d95e97.png

There are indeed a total of 14 photos in that post, one for each product, mostly CDs. I just had to share this one because the "WTF?" factor is so strong:

What, no drainage ditch??

• LOL 16
57 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Sad but true. If Tim and Heidi marry, I'd love it if she turns out to have a strong character (unlike Jonathon) and remains close with her own parents and siblings. And doesn't get sucked into JillR's narcissistic vortex. But then I think about Tim, and how awful it would be for anyone to be married to him, and abandon all hope. He's such a creep. Didn't he give her some clothes as a gift? And they were fugly baggy "modest" things guaranteed to frumperize her from head to toe. If he's dressing her at this point, the future looks bleak. 

I wish they were going to live closer to Heidi’s family than to Mahmo, but of course that will never happen 😢.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
16 hours ago, Notabug said:

Maxwell family blog

I loved reading about the Maxwell family and was in shock when the patriarchy dam burst.

Except, wasn’t Sarah in her early FORTIES before she had to nerve to leave home in an unmarried state?  Leaving her father’s protection?!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

I loved reading about the Maxwell family and was in shock when the patriarchy dam burst.

Except, wasn’t Sarah in her early FORTIES before she had to nerve to leave home in an unmarried state?  Leaving her father’s protection?!

Sarah moved out at 39, married at 41, I believe. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, louannems said:

I remembering reading something about the parents becoming elderly, reality hitting them, and something had to be done about these unmarried daughters without some means of support.  They had to become Christian teachers or wives.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

Hey Jill, thanks for giving us yet another post to report under false health claims.  I now feel like I'm doing God's work.  

As for Fundy Survivor, which I would totally watch, we can throw the folks from Olive Garden or Lord Daniel himself into the match as ringers.  

And lastly, the idiotic picture of your family and the waterfall is just a slap in the face to those who went over Niagara Falls in a barrel.  Show some respect, woman.

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
21 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Hey Jill, thanks for giving us yet another post to report under false health claims.  I now feel like I'm doing God's work.  

As for Fundy Survivor, which I would totally watch, we can throw the folks from Olive Garden or Lord Daniel himself into the match as ringers.  

And lastly, the idiotic picture of your family and the waterfall is just a slap in the face to those who went over Niagara Falls in a barrel.  Show some respect, woman.

She wouldn't know respect even if it slapped her in the face. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Actually, this CD cover is quite similar to some that were sold in my church circa 1994. I doesn't even look that odd to me, even somewhat nostalgic, and I've been out of church nearly twenty years! 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

One of my dad's cousins made Christian record albums with her husband, in the 60's.  They gave them as wedding gifts (I still have the ones they gave us, somewhere.)  I'm not sure why I kept them, as my family didn't listen to Christian music at all, and I didn't either!

Jilly must be trying to raise money for her Haiti cruise.  Heaven forbid she spend any money on her children!  It's for herself and HUNK.  ☹️

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jilly must be trying to raise money for her Haiti cruise.  Heaven forbid she spend any money on her children!  It's for herself and HUNK.  ☹️

Do we know for sure whether Jill won a 'buddy' cruise where she will share a cabin with another Plexus hun, or the cruise for herself + a guest?  I've seen suggestions that in the SM post where the word "wonderful" had obviously been edited into the text, it replaced "buddy". 

I suppose we'll find out for sure in a couple of months when she leaves for the cruise. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
49 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Actually, this CD cover is quite similar to some that were sold in my church circa 1994. I doesn't even look that odd to me, even somewhat nostalgic, and I've been out of church nearly twenty years! 

It's weird to see Jill with her natural hair color, rather than that fried, bleached-blonde shit. But I'm sure she's convinced that she's a natural blonde. 👁️🧻

• LOL 10
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Do we know for sure whether Jill won a 'buddy' cruise where she will share a cabin with another Plexus hun, or the cruise for herself + a guest?  I've seen suggestions that in the SM post where the word "wonderful" had obviously been edited into the text, it replaced "buddy". 

I suppose we'll find out for sure in a couple of months when she leaves for the cruise. 

If so, Hunk won’t be going. And I’ll feel so sorry for her buddy/roommate. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

It's weird to see Jill with her natural hair color, rather than that fried, bleached-blonde shit. But I'm sure she's convinced that she's a natural blonde. 👁️🧻

I thought God didn’t make mistakes? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 15
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I don't think JillPM would go on a cruise without Hunk, would she? Someone might think she was a sluttish single mother. We can't have that, can we?

• LOL 12

I'm thinking if Jill "won" a shared room she would be quick to reach out to Plexus saying her religious beliefs don't allow her to travel without her husband. Once the Plexus powers that be got a read on the public wacko Jill is, they would just let it go rather than risk adding more negative publicity than they already get.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, sixlets said:

"those who went over Niagara Falls in a barrel." = foolish publicity stunts. They weren't doing it for science.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If Jill had tp share a room with another woman, someone might think she's a lesbian.

Oh no!!! The horror!!! lol! 

24 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Sharing a room with Jill would cause me to jump overboard. 

the whole ship might jump overboard! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Dave is definitely going, Jill wouldn’t go by herself. He is her best friend and best lover.  Plus what if Jill went away and some lady lured Dave to sin? Or he might leave Jill because he needs someone to serve him many meals a day? 

Jill is not leaving her MAN unattended!!!

• LOL 8
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Dave is definitely going, Jill wouldn’t go by herself. He is her best friend and best lover.  Plus what if Jill went away and some lady lured Dave to sin? Or he might leave Jill because he needs someone to serve him many meals a day? 

Wait - shouldn’t he stay home with his many small kids and cover the homeschooling while Jill is away? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 18
19 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Wait - shouldn’t he stay home with his many small kids and cover the homeschooling while Jill is away? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like Dave would ever leave his chair/map haha. 

And they don’t homeschool either.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Do the Rods abide by the accountability partner rules?  I doubt Jill can go alone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5