Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Because it’s a “ministry”. She’s not going to say they make a profit, even if they do. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She doesn’t have to mention it at all, but she specifically said they do NOT make a profit. 

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Jill posted another video of the kids working late into the evening on the smiley faces with this caption (with winky faces after the statement the kids don't do all the work). Sure, Jan...

Words CANNOT express how grateful I am for our children. They willingly and joyfully help us in the print shop with the collating and stitching the Gospel Tracts.

We do not make a profit from this. It is simply a family effort that we all gladly do to get the Gospel of Jesus Christ spread into the uttermost. (Psst, YES - David puts in FULL time hours in the shop - NOT the children!)

What other choice do the kids have?  Of course they participate willingly. 

I can’t see how this amounts to full time work for David. 

• Like 14
(edited)

Dipshit Dave & Jackass Jill have 2 new videos and 1 new picture along with a play-by-play of who does what steps in the printing process.  And, for extra measure, she's allowing Janessa to earn a piece of candy when she catches 5 dead flies.  She literally brings Jill a napkin with 4 of the 5 flies.  What the actual fuck is this woman doing?  

Edited by sixlets
  • Mind Blown 22
  • Sad 6
8 hours ago, AstridM said:

She doesn’t have to mention it at all, but she specifically said they do NOT make a profit. 

I believe she did because it has been questioned, similar to most of what she posts. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Another installment of the print shop work is up. If Janessa kills one more fly, she gets a piece of candy…….

screenshots from the videos:

24AC726F-7EEC-4084-A592-6FE4E2271893.jpeg

0D107761-FE9B-4B91-80E9-48C19556E93D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Hahahahaha - "we do most mostly smiley tracts, but we do thousands of others as well" check out our website.

I checked, they offer 7 types of tracts that you must order by groups of 1,000. 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 12

Since Jilldo considers everything part of their ministry, of course they don’t make a profit. Her makeup, hair, jewelry, clothing expenses - she has to look good - part of the ministry! Traveling all over - part of the ministry. Food & decent clothing for the kids, not part of the ministry. I’m sure in her mind, it all makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

If this printing stuff is a ministry and they don't make a profit from it, what the heck does Dave do to financially support his children and household? The man has no job that I know of. Are they living off of Jill and her Plexus crap sales? Do they take whatever the adult children earn from them to pay their bills? Another thing that doesn't add up to me.

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

If this printing stuff is a ministry and they don't make a profit from it, what the heck does Dave do to financially support his children and household? The man has no job that I know of. Are they living off of Jill and her Plexus crap sales? Do they take whatever the adult children earn from them to pay their bills? Another thing that doesn't add up to me.

Grifting, but I do think David has some kind of actual job(s). 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

I watched the videos and I have several questions:

I am unfamiliar with how those machines work but my initial instinct is amazement that no one in that family has cut off a finger.  Watching Dave shove tracts into a machine using a piece of 2x4 with the word "CUTTER" written on it seems incredibly unsafe.  Watching Sam? and Philip? working in tandem that fast to put the tracts one by one in what I think was the staple machine was unnerving -  one false move and someone gets their fingers attached.  Wonder if they get a piece of candy for managing to not get severely injured?

Where do these tracts end up?  Are people/churches actually ordering them?  Someone has to be the recipient, otherwise the Barndo would be nothing but floor-to-ceiling boxes.  And if Dave is just printing the exact same message over and over because that map isn't going to watch itself, it seems like they wouldn't have very many repeat customers, right?

I can't even comment on Janessa picking up dead flies for candy as it literally made my skin crawl.  The fact that Jill included this as part of her video proves that she is 100% unhinged and I wish CPS could get involved.

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Both Jill and Dave have claimed at various times they are close to printing a million tracts a year. They have a contract with some group for 500,000 smileys. I think dave actually mentioned that in the recent video at the tent revival. Pa Keller seems to get a small trailer load delivered to him every year or so to hand out at the prisons.

I have heard them ask for donations for paper and seen at least one post where they bought a giant pallet of paper at an auction. So the rods get free/donated paper or cheaper paper and charge whatever ministry the regular price. Hey jill those type of things are actually called a profit. 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7
(edited)

From their website, they are supported in some fashion by the Central Missionary Clearinghouse, or you can send a direct payment to the rods via paypal (not tax deductible).

They also get money from the grift churches by both love offerings and the large table they set up with their cds, books, earrings etc. They get suckers to take them to stores and buy whatever they want. They get gift cards for restaurants etc, and then the plexus.

That seems to be their income sources outside of the boys chipping in. Phillip needs to pay for his bible college and vehicle. Timbits now has a house to pay for. Jonathan and Nathan have houses/families to support.

I noticed Samuel recently registered to vote so maybe mama let 18yr old sammers get a driver's license, since he would need ID to register to vote. Watch for the grift plea soon of Samuel needing a vehicle.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Yes. Jill and David receive money from the missions clearinghouse that presumably goes to costs of printing, the singing tours around the church circuit, and their living expenses. The churches that place specific printing orders probably pay something too, but that's not clear. This money, the love offerings from the churches they visit, and Jill's Plexus make up all the Rods' known income. The older sons work, so I'm sure they get a cut of that money too.

With so many kids and a house and vehicles to maintain, they would be cutting things close. Jill and David seem to take a lot of vacations (more than I ever did), so they find money to take these trips and support Jill's shopping habits. The Plexus convention certainly wasn't cheap.

Maybe Dave has some kind of job he can't mention because the Rods are supposed to be full time missionaries. 

Oh, Janessa in her double-layered waif dress, holding her dirty sucking rag, and pushing around dead flies on a piece of paper to earn a piece of candy may be the saddest image I see today. 

@crazy8s You remembered the grifts and the merch sales. That's income too.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 14
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

here is an great example of manly man dave's work. and it all passes inspection with flying colors according to jilly

Screenshot (446).png

The electrical work in that house is a crime, literally a crime.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Dave has some kind of job he can't mention because the Rods are supposed to be full time missionaries. 

Dave work?  It is to laugh.   His full-time ministry is parking  his butt in the barcalounger and watching the map.

They have said the tracts are sold at cost, so they don't make a profit from them.   Maybe other things they print they do charge for.   But I think their main source of income is the clearinghouse.   And Jill's unendeding grift.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Where do these tracts end up? 

The gutter, after having been tossed to the street by disinterested recipients.  

Oh, Janessa in her double-layered waif dress, holding her dirty sucking rag, and pushing around dead flies on a piece of paper to earn a piece of candy may be the saddest image I see today. 

And Jill just squealed with delight in that supersonic tone of hers about what a good little helper Janessa was being.  She is truly out of touch with reality!

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

Janessa picking up dead flies and carting around that filthy, disgusting rag is heartbreaking.  Fuck you, Jill!  You're a shit excuse for a parent, and so is Hunk, for enabling your batshit craziness.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 15
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That barndo will burn down. Jeez it’s a fire trap!

At least the chances of being on the first floor are good, for BME, DBD, and the girls anyway. Are the boys still sleeping in the upstairs attic guest room now that Ma and Pa are elsewhere? That space is filled with flammable holiday and ladies' retreat decorations and is probably hot as hell during the summer with the metal roof and no air conditioning. 

44 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And Jill just squealed with delight in that supersonic tone of hers about what a good little helper Janessa was being.  She is truly out of touch with reality!

That woman is her own worst enemy. She should find filters for her mouth as well as for her face. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5

Now that you all mention it, I wonder if the Rods also place those tracts on people’s windshields in the Walmart parking lot. I’ve come back to my car and had a tract or Watchtower under my windshield wiper when I’ve gone to the grocery store. 

P.S. For all my fellow Wordle players, if you haven’t solved today’s game, the clue is: Jill.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Hahahahaha - "we do most mostly smiley tracts, but we do thousands of others as well" check out our website.

I checked, they offer 7 types of tracts that you must order by groups of 1,000. 😂

And they cost $$$$. “No profit” my ass. 

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Where do these tracts end up?  A

Mostly in the trash. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Ah, but for the tens of thousands of tracts the Rods have printed, Jill has saved but one soul: a young man who was brought to the Lord named Daniel in the laundromat.

And that one is questionable.

And now an internet joke.

Like Jill herself.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Another installment of the print shop work is up. If Janessa kills one more fly, she gets a piece of candy…….

Janessa is killing/picking up dead flies and then she turns right around and sucks her thumb/fingers. 🤮

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 4
(edited)

Since I am stuck inside for the duration of hazardous air quality warnings and I  am quite bored, I have been looking into the tracts.

The Rod website lists the tracts list at $80 per 1000. Then a shipping charge.

"We have a variety of different tracts available. Each lot includes 1,000 tracts. For orders larger than 1,000 or for international order, please contact us directly. Price does not include shipping (shipping is added at checkout for USA locations only). Orders outside the US need to contact us for a personalized order. International orders will be refunded if ordered through our shopping cart."

When Nathan and Nurie were headed back to Florida last year, Jill posted that dave decided they should go with them since they needed to deliver 84,000 tracts to FLA.

Sold by the thousand - 84 x$80 = $6,720. Plus the unstated shipping/delivery fee. Minus paper, ink, electricity to run the machines, etc. So did they charge whoever ordered the cost of gas for them to drive the van from Ohio to Fla??

I added 10 sets of "The Bible Way to Eternal Life" tracts to my cart. When I went to checkout, shipping was shown as $20, without me even giving my location or where I might want them to be delivered. Same if I ordered just 1 set of 1000 or 50 sets. $20 shipping was added.

David working in the print shop full time is a joke. Jill's own posts show how often they are not at the barndo running the full time printing ministry.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 13
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I still think she is, only because she’s “the baby”.  

It just occurred to me how weirdly amusing it would be, given that Jill likes to blather on about what a miracle Janessa is, and how despite the original prognosis that she might have significant delays, she has actually picked things up as fast or faster than her siblings....what if Janessa turned out to be the one who managed enough abstract and critical thinking to break free of the cult. How miraculous would that be to Jill's mind?

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

Ah, but for the tens of thousands of tracts the Rods have printed, Jill has saved but one soul: a young man who was brought to the Lord named Daniel in the laundromat.

And that one is questionable.

And now an internet joke.

Like Jill herself.

Yes, particularly as she phrased it....Lord Daneil in the laundromat.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She mentioned cutting twice. He doesn't do it right the first time so he needs to do it again? Or is Jill just dense? 

I know nothing about how their printing thing works. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, beckie said:

She mentioned cutting twice. He doesn't do it right the first time so he needs to do it again? Or is Jill just dense? 

I know nothing about how their printing thing works. 

From what was shown, the smiley tracts are cut in strips lengthwise, which is like 4 to a strip. then stapled and then cut into individual tracts.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, merylinkid said:

But I think their main source of income is the clearinghouse.   And Jill's unendeding grift.

Don’t forget her sweet sweet PLEXUS money!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
47 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jill needs to quit taking pictures while in church. She is not focused on the Almighty but her mind is wandering to other things...and from such a "godly woman"....I am shocked.

She frequently swings her phone around to capture other people as well.  Maybe everyone there doesn't want to be a part of the "Look How Holy I Am!" JillRod social media campaign.  So she's clearly more about the  bragging and the visuals than she is about actually getting anything out of  going to church.

I always wonder if anyone has complained about her church shenanigans, or does word just travel from church to church with regards to the Rod caravan showing up one day to latch on to their next source of grifting and the congregation just accepts it as their turn to bear the burden.

• Like 14

Maybe see means the light from her phone while she takes video during worship.😂

Greatest christian ever seems to forget the 1st commandment from her KJV bible while she is sitting in church filming herself and thinking about her wonderful hunk of a hubby,

Exodus 20 King James Version

"20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2) I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3) Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

• Like 7
  • Applause 6