Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I lost my head for a moment and listened to about 30 seconds of her "singing." Jesus Christ. Trying now to delete that noise from my brain. That one can not carry a tune at all.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12

I love how Jilly makes it sound like a record producer heard her sing and BEGGED her to come record.   Honey, you did the tourist thing.   

Yes I noticed that DBD didn't let go of his leftovers box.   

Notice when they go places with the kids, it always someone else paid or they only do the free stuff.   But when its DBD and her alone, they have no problem paying to go to places.   Amazing how that works out.   

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4

How long did David carry around his leftovers in the summer heat before getting them into the fridge in the airbnb? I can't imagine Jill was finished doing Nashville before evening. 

Jill claims Plexus works wonders on gut issues. Maybe she'll report back to us with some details. 

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know about everything she bought, but I can tell you her white feather earrings cost $1.67 at Temu. 

image.thumb.png.4c6b9c71de78e077385009f6f61ab4b6.png

And I know you can buy Crunch & Munch at the Dollar Store. 🤠

Bravo to those of you who listened to Jill's "singing" performance.  I was afraid to click on the video - thought it might set all the neighborhood dogs to howling.

If Jill did spot Christine Brown in her gravity-defying dress, I wonder if it caused her brain to explode?  Go suck up to a Z-list celebrity?  Or avoid her at all costs, lest Dave's eyeballs pop completely out of his head?

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I'm surprised he even had leftovers.

I think they are her leftovers and she made him carry them. 

49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And I know you can buy Crunch & Munch at the Dollar Store. 🤠

Yes, you can! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
13 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know about everything she bought, but I can tell you her white feather earrings cost $1.67 at Temu. 

image.thumb.png.4c6b9c71de78e077385009f6f61ab4b6.png

During her Temu shopping spree, Jill also bought some glittery leopard print earrings to match her feather earrings and tacky Jesus shirt. Looks like she got the pink cowboy hats there too ($3.87 each). She probably bought stuff to decorate Tidei's new house. Lucky Heidi.  

I have no place to wear the feather earrings (neither does Jill, for that matter), but they look better than the Rodrigues Sisters' Etsy store stuff. Cutting ovals in pleather requires a pattern to trace and a pair of good scissors to cut neatly, neither of which appears to be available in the Sisters' craft kit. This is a simple problem to solve. "Primitive" does not mean looking like a kindergarten art project.  

Are the ever-insufferable Jill and David back from their Nashville romp yet? Jill's head is going to be too big to fit through the barndo's front door. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
(edited)
On 6/18/2023 at 10:23 PM, ginger90 said:

I didn’t listen!

screenshot from a video:

CC38536A-AA04-42E6-9EA1-A7114F576922.jpeg

Here is the hat I got for my granddaughter. Didn't even notice when I ordered it that the tiara also has blinking lights on it! Lol. So much MORE than Jill's hat! And we know that more is always more in Jill's world!

PXL_20230621_170716743~2.jpg

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Are the ever-insufferable Jill and David back from their Nashville romp yet? Jill's head is going to be too big to fit through the barndo's front door. 

Jill is probably sitting outside the door of the Grand Ole Opry waiting to be discovered as a Christian country star.

The sad thing is, she's probably going to be regaling her kids for days with her tales of the wonderful adventures she had in Nashville...while the birthday girl, Renee, probably spent the days attempting to feed her siblings and the rest of the kids made sure the tchotchkes were dusted.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 5
  • Sad 11
  • LOL 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, LilJen said:

Well, now, there’s a money-making opportunity: sell the recording to US intelligence for use in torture…

Had the same idea, thinking of the Noriega days. 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
18 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Here is the hat I got for my granddaughter. Didn't even notice when I ordered it that the tiara also has blinking lights on it! Lol. So much MORE than Jill's hat! And we know that more is always more in Jill's world!

Very cute cowboy hat...for a young girl.

• Like 16
40 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My eight-year old self would have loved that!  Sparkly and cute.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Janessa and Sofia would like that hat. Very cute!

• Like 12

Just heard Jill’s Roman recording. That is a whole lot of vibrato in one song. Yeah Jill, I can sing vibrato too but not throughout an entire song!! ( I can also sing on key too…).

RYMAN, not Roman!!’

The pink hat with the tiara looks like a rodeo queen hat. Very cute. 

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa and Sofia would like that hat. Very cute!

But she didn't buy it for either one of them. She bought it for herself. She is a selfish woman. I doubt she is coming back from Nashville with anything for those kids. 

• Sad 16
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

But she didn't buy it for either one of them. She bought it for herself. She is a selfish woman. I doubt she is coming back from Nashville with anything for those kids. 

I know Jill did not buy those hats for her kids. She definitely did not buy them any souvenirs in Nashville either. 

• Sad 5
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I could visualize her giving them a Crunch & Munch box with the crumbs remaining at the bottom.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

596024B2-C999-4D46-883F-A119722D102B.jpeg

95D898E1-BA5F-4FC6-8D69-5ECEE8F0158D.jpeg

0E2B2CC4-5A37-4111-A754-618AFE82845A.jpeg

Apparently it costs $15 to record a song.

All see on her post is me, me, ME!

Jill is the center of her own world and everyone else (including god) take second, third, fourth or whatever place after HER!

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill probably sold those ruby earrings for $!

We never saw her wear them did we???

I never saw her wear them.  Those earrings weren’t gaudy enough for Jilly Bean.  They’re probably stored   next to her stuffed animal collection in the top of her closet.

• Like 8
On 6/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Was that old fart she was pictured with, a diamond level?  Ooh, Jill must have been star-struck.

A Redditor tried to guesstimate what selfish witch Jill spent on her vacay with her hunk.  I was appalled.  Just think of what that tarted-up cow could have done for her children she claims to love so much!

Please don’t keep us in suspense!  How much money did the selfish witch spend on herself??

• Like 7
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wow, she's flat. 

Like I’ve already said a page or 2 back:  Jill can’t sing for shit, but she thinks she has a fabulous voice.  She can’t even recognize that Renee’s violin is out of tune ALWAYS.  The whole family sounds terrible, but Jill thinks they’re great.  I don’t understand how anyone can be that tone deaf, but Jill definitely is! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And her daughter had a Little Debbie snack cake cake for her birthday. 

The same daughter who made sure the household ran smoothly while her parents were whooping it up in Music City, USA.  Fuck you, Jill and Slug.🖕🏻

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 8
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Or maybe one half eaten. 

DBD doesn’t eat one-half of anything.  That slug doesn’t even leave crumbs.  I’m convinced that he soothes his misery with all the food, every last crumb of it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

DBD doesn’t eat one-half of anything.  That slug doesn’t even leave crumbs.  I’m convinced that he soothes his misery with all the food, every last crumb of it.

dip up dave probably got an entire second meal to take back to the airbnb to snack on while map watching.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Or listening to Big Dave's sermons.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:25 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

She did wear a pair of Renee's earrings earlier in the conference. 

Her picture is next to the word TACKY in the dictionary. 

Sorry @Salacious Kitty--I have no idea why your post showed up in my post.  It just showed up.  But I do agree with you.  T-A-C-K-Y.

Just now, CalicoKitty said:

Or listening to Big Dave's sermons.

And now my post shows up again.  I have no idea why.

Edited by CalicoKitty
more info added
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Nope, but she'll show them all of to her kids.

Her kids have been trained to react on cue to mama showing them the haul saying things like "oh mama you deserved it for all your hard work" or "oh mama gawd has blessed you for withstanding such persecution" or something like that. 🤮

• Like 7
  • Sad 8
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Nope, but she'll show them all of to her kids.

For sure. Jill will brag about all the things she and Hunk saw, did, bought, and ate. The kids will obligingly listen and tell Mama how happy they are for her. Not for one second will Jill feel a bit of empathy for her children who stayed in the house, did nothing, and ate what they could find or what Tim and Jonathan would get for them. 

I suppose the good thing for the Rodlets is that they didn't have anybody yelling at them, hitting them, preaching hellfire, and keeping them up late listening to rants. The house must have felt unusually peaceful. The bad thing for the kids is their sorry excuses for parents spent all the food money on their extravagant trip.

• Like 12
  • Sad 6
53 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

For sure. Jill will brag about all the things she and Hunk saw, did, bought, and ate. The kids will obligingly listen and tell Mama how happy they are for her. Not for one second will Jill feel a bit of empathy for her children who stayed in the house, did nothing, and ate what they could find or what Tim and Jonathan would get for them. 

I suppose the good thing for the Rodlets is that they didn't have anybody yelling at them, hitting them, preaching hellfire, and keeping them up late listening to rants. The house must have felt unusually peaceful. The bad thing for the kids is their sorry excuses for parents spent all the food money on their extravagant trip.

I wonder if the kids even realize that most parents would bring back things for them, not buy everything for themselves (Jill). 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I suppose the good thing for the Rodlets is that they didn't have anybody yelling at them, hitting them, preaching hellfire, and keeping them up late listening to rants. The house must have felt unusually peaceful. 

I hope that was the case. However, I can't help but wonder if Timmy was delegated to keep an eye on things as the acting headship in David's absence. If he wasn't too busy with his new house and courtship, I can easily imagine him lining up his sibs and practicing his preaching/ranting at them for an hour or two every evening. Or maybe the next bro down the line - Samuel? - got that job. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I wonder if the kids even realize that most parents would bring back things for them, not buy everything for themselves (Jill). 

Probably not. These kids live in a bubble, and they're trained that they can be happy only if Mama is happy. 

However, swag from the conference, post cards, or an interesting placemat from a restaurant would be free or cheap. It's really the thought that counts. No doubt, however, that childish, selfish Jill has kept such things for herself. She probably doesn't even think much about her kids while she's away. DBD is just as bad. 

Jill is all about Jill. Always. 

• Like 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Probably not. These kids live in a bubble, and they're trained that they can be happy only if Mama is happy. 

However, swag from the conference, post cards, or an interesting placemat from a restaurant would be free or cheap. It's really the thought that counts. No doubt, however, that childish, selfish Jill has kept such things for herself. She probably doesn't even think much about her kids while she's away. DBD is just as bad. 

Jill is all about Jill. Always. 

Well sure, those are her souvenirs of her great time at the convention, where she was the star!!  Why would she give any of that to her kids? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 13
52 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Also they have been taught that others getting something when they did not is a lesson to learn about not being jealous.

Nurie wrote long ago about the kid of the week getting a candy bar and how they learned not to be jealous when said child ate the candy in front of the rest of them.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 18

So basically Jill has banned all human emotions from their family BUT happiness (fake) and fear (very real).  A better lesson to teach the kids is that it’s NORMAL to be jealous.  It’s how you respond to the jealousy that matters.  But that doesn’t fit the “keep sweet” narrative, so…

• Like 14
  • Sad 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Kid of the week! Why bring kids into the world! Assholes!

They haven't even done Kid of the Week in quite a while. So no recognition whatsoever.

eta Watch it reappear. Hi Jill! 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1