Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Does she have an eldest daughter in a different category than ‘born’?   Most people just say eldest without adding the word born to it.   Unless she wants to imply that one of the daughters is adopted?  ( I know they aren’t - just being sarcastic).  Normal people who adopt children wouldn’t single out born vs adopted anyway 

Don't get your hopes up about Plexus.  Coca Cola and Proctor  and Gamble are on that list. They aren’t going anywhere 

Jill is such a wordsmith. Her magical way of mixing eldest and firstborn, made me think she could be saying there was an unborn daughter previously. So, is Jill tacky as hell or stupid? Obviously both, but which flaw displayed itself in this case? 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Jill is such a wordsmith. Her magical way of mixing eldest and firstborn, made me think she could be saying there was an unborn daughter previously. So, is Jill tacky as hell or stupid? Obviously both, but which flaw displayed itself in this case? 

She's stupid. Her first SEVERE miscarriage was several kids deep. 

• Like 12
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Wind chimes. She’s filming from behind them.

Of course she is, because moving to not have them dominate the picture would be effort.   

Even at sunset that place looks barren and miserable.   those poor kids.

• Sad 13
57 minutes ago, jacourt said:

The poor Amish neighbors who have to see that mess.  They keep everything so tidy.

Can you imagine the gossip lol.

Oh look it’s the mahmo with 2 pounds of make up on and her litter of starving children! And her lazy unemployed husband. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And her lazy unemployed husband. 

Oh yes.   I am quite sure more than a few things have been said by the neighbors about DBD.   Sloth is one of the Big Seven.   Even in the KJV.  

• Like 13
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

The poor Amish neighbors who have to see that mess.  They keep everything so tidy.

It seems like Jill takes more pictures and videos of the neighbor’s property than she does of her own.

• Like 12
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

6B60A0A7-3518-406F-B898-F47A3DEE4251.jpeg

Nuri is older by 10-11 months 

I, for one, am very disappointed that after "Nathan Keller" she did not include that he is ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!

7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Added a few extra words to describe Jillcatraz

7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

You have a lazy husband who refuses to work and provide for his family, a wife who neglects all of her duties cooking, cleaning, grifts things for herself and her husband while dressed like like a GODLY hooker and their starving uneducated children. 

GODLY hooker and who guzzles Plexus.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 5
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Can you imagine the gossip lol.

Oh look it’s the mahmo with 2 pounds of make up on and her litter of starving children! And her lazy unemployed husband. 

AND takes pichurs of the Amish and posts them online!  I’m sure they just Love her!  

• Like 11
50 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Soon we'll see on Jill's FB page:

Hello. I am the Amish neighbor of the beautiful Christian family of David and Jill Rodrigues. Though we don't use social media, the VERY modest Jill Rodrigues has been such a good neighbor, that I felt burdened to share my thoughts. We enjoy seeing their beautiful home and property from our farm. She is an AMAZING homemaker and gardener. Her Godly children are diligent in their studies and we have learned so much from these sweet neighbors. We often hear them singing PRAISES to the LORD. We are truly blessed that this BEAUTIFUL family moved near us and we look forward to many years with these sweet neighbors. 

This is what I thought reading this 🤢🤮

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
44 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The only way to get Jill to move is to get CPS involved. Sadly Amish don’t use phones???

They use phones.  They just don’t own them. They would ask to use Jill’s.  They don’t own cars. But they can accept rides from others.   Such as Jill.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The only way to get Jill to move is to get CPS involved. Sadly Amish don’t use phones???

That is so funny! I can't stop laughing. The thing that probably is most shocking to Jill's Amish neighbors is the whorish way she and her daughters pile on the make-up. They're used to seeing pants on women, even tattoos and blue hair, but all of that spackle and performative Christianity is probably shocking to them. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
58 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

but all of that spackle and performative Christianity is probably shocking to them. 

Honestly if they go around they probably have seen spackled on make up too.   If they have seen blue hair, spackle is nothing new.   It's the performative Christianity that probably really bugs them.   Especially combined with the absolute lack of work ethic on the part of the parents and the kids.  

• Like 14
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How would Jill feel if her neighbors taped her and posted the videos of her house/property on social media?

Probably popular and love the attention.  Most people, not so much, but Jill probably wouldn't mind.  "My SWEET neighbors JUST CAN'T get over how wonderful we are so they took pictures to share to their SOCIAL media!"

Jill posted a link on her IG to a YouTube video of her mother's "therapy," and I use that term very loosely because the screenshot I saw looked like Ma in her wheelchair with Jill and a random Rodlet all up in Ma's face.  That's not therapy, that's Jill play-acting on social media to make sure everyone knows what a wonderful daughter she is...unless Jill has a physical therapy degree that I am not aware of. 🙄

I wonder how Jill's neighbors feel about them.  It must be extremely difficult to live with the knowledge that several underfed children reside in that house and wanting to somehow drop off food to them without it being consumed by the large man that occasionally wanders around outside, oddly drinking from the hummingbird feeder.

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jill posted a link on her IG to a YouTube video of her mother's "therapy," and I use that term very loosely because the screenshot I saw looked like Ma in her wheelchair with Jill and a random Rodlet all up in Ma's face.  That's not therapy, that's Jill play-acting on social media to make sure everyone knows what a wonderful daughter she is...unless Jill has a physical therapy degree that I am not aware of. 🙄

I wonder how Jill's neighbors feel about them.  It must be extremely difficult to live with the knowledge that several underfed children reside in that house and wanting to somehow drop off food to them without it being consumed by the large man that occasionally wanders around outside, oddly drinking from the hummingbird feeder.

I just pictured Peter from Family Guy lol.

Your posts are great! Always make me laugh!

• Like 3

The night and day difference between how Jill and her family are exploiting her mother's illness and how Rick Hoeg and his family have chronicled his own stroke recovery is amazing.  Jill's is all about performative art.  She oscillates between how wonderful Ma's recovery is and playing up the need for prayerful donations because of how bad it is.

Rick on the other hand has started back at work.  He's got an ongoing youtube series detailing his stroke and recovery.  He focuses on what he was experiencing while it was happening, how his wife and daughters stepped up and saved his life and how all of his family rallied around to support him, his wife, and their kids.  He highlights the many different kinds of therapies he went through and even has scheduled some of the therapists to come on future episodes to provide more (and accurate) information.  No "broken brains" here. 

Jill will never understand that the reason this "godless heathen" lawyer with around 125k followers on youtube was showered with 100x the financial support she and her precious Ma got is because he and his family are genuine and kind people, and she and hers are decidedly not.   Jill and her family are all about what they can take.  Where Jill bellyaches about being asked to provide a ride to someone "beneath" her from her church, Rick (pre stroke) helps a fellow youtuber raise money for a children's hospital just because he can. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
16 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Jill and her family are all about what they can take. 

Exactly, this is what really gets me about them.

I realize someone needs to print the tracts and such, but multitasking seems to be outside of their little box. People who have full time jobs at home or outside the home participate in ministries in MEANINGFUL ways. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
On 4/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, oliviabenson said:

Added a few extra words to describe Jillcatraz

GODLY hooker and who guzzles Plexus.

I can't unhear "Godly Hooker" now...except Jill isn't Godly...and she doesn't earn money.

• LOL 7
17 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

They use phones.  They just don’t own them. They would ask to use Jill’s.  They don’t own cars. But they can accept rides from others.   Such as Jill.  

LOL at the thought of the Amish neighbors using Jill’s phone to report her to the authorities.

• Like 3
  • LOL 18

Ahem for your information I JILL PM Rodrigues earn $100 Plexus award once in a while!

I sometimes work! 

Getting PREGNANT 20 times is WORK!  My wonderful HUNK worked SEVERELY HARD to impregnate me 20 times!

Huffily: Jilly beans muffin Rodrigues

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10

I have to say I was very surprised with the fact that she testified, and was amazed at what she stated.  I wonder if she testified to things that her husband did not give "permission" for her to say.  I would have thought that her facts would have been brushed under the rug.

• Like 19
On 4/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, jacourt said:

Depends on the sect of Amish and what their bishop says...some amish are sharp and neat as a pin...some are absolute pigs......up in PA outside of lancaster their is a valley with 3 sects...#1 - can have only white buggies - no lights nor reflectors, wood only to heat the home and cook, only oil lamps, women use pins  on clothes and the men can have suspenders. Colors are brown for the men and blue for the women...if I recall this group is called the cornhuskers...oh and no adornment on the house or barn as in no paint. #2 - women  ,can use snaps and buttons, women wear dark blue, purple, men dark blue and can wear 2 suspenders. Buggies can have reflectors , men wear black -- these are called the white tops..seems like I remember they can paint the garage and have flowers , but not in the house...these are called the white tops...#3..ritzy, fancy - women wear lingerie ( and have sexy lingerie parties) wear buttons , colorful but dark clothing. They have lights on the buggies , can paint the garage and house and have flowers, and they have gas powered generators to use to have appliances in the home...these are the black tops...this could all have changed now and I may have left some things out..but its what the bishop says - goes...How do I know all of this...?? because my dear friend is mennonite and lives right in the middle of the valley and she has written extensively about them...and just for kicks..last time hubs and I were there - while getting a lebanon baloney sandwich at the local general store ( after visiting the amish walmart..lol) I bought a  - mans mennonite hat and wore it around town...oh the scandal....on the way home my friend hid in the back seat...I am going to visit again in June to take my daughter... On a side note - after attending an  auction there...most do not have teeth - even the kids get them all pulled...and they stink to high heaven...But..I do not know about the amish where jill lives - although I do know some near other parts of ohio, indiana and KY...As a pastoral counselor specializing in trauma and abuse-- I have worked with many amish women with PPD...which is horrific if the husband just wants to pump out the babies to farm and has no thought for the women..as in the suicide rate is high...but the amish men who love their wives WILL take them to get help and it is a very sweet thing to see...whew...that was long winded!!

Edited by Dimi1
spelling errors...
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 16

“His rational is so simple, true and refreshing.”

(Not naming him, I like it here,  🤣 the sentence is the point)

That’s all I have from Mrs Homeschooling Mama today.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Former Boobchelle besties the Holts are having marital issues. Bobye has taken out an order of protection against Jim. It's also rumored that one of the sons has also filed against his fatber.

cu41xgqwidva1.jpeg.0f4df062582105d6365261ff57d1cd45.jpeg

WHOA.   This is a Big. Deal.   I do hope she is safe and gets the help and support she needs.

• Like 15
  • Sad 6
  • Wink 1
54 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

WHOA.   This is a Big. Deal.   I do hope she is safe and gets the help and support she needs.

Me too. This is very scary. Usually when someone gets to the point where they are willing to file an order of protection they have been terrorized for far too long. I am sorry they are going through this.

• Like 16
  • Sad 8

I don't think it has anything to do with the Duggars because Jim Holt was just as outspoken about the felon and JB as Bobye.  I assume whatever is going on has involves other things we don't know about.  I have heard Jim Holt has some very strange ideas and can fly off the handle easily.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2