Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I think Sofia and Sadie should make a deal with Jonathan and Mystery Man. Be carried in exchange for the bunny ears if they win.

"Baby" Janessa would not be happy with that set up for sure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
31 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Sofia and Sadie should make a deal with Jonathan and Mystery Man. Be carried in exchange for the bunny ears if they win.

"Baby" Janessa would not be happy with that set up for sure.

I’d love to see Jill try to hide 😎 in a video!

• LOL 6
31 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I can’t get over the fact that Jill can’t cook lol. It’s like slop/punishment meals.

and yet she posed with that holiday meal all full of pride, like it was a feast to be envied....

• Like 9
  • LOL 10

Is he really delivering a sermon on Easter Sunday? Somehow, I doubt that.  He's probably just posing at the pulpit holding Jill's Dollar Store beauty supply shopping list so she can fake a post on social media.

Mahmo take my picture pretending to preach!

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Dave himself has stated he has 3-4 go to sermons he uses over and over when he guest preaches.

He's even lazy about preaching.   Which is just great for someone who has a full-time "ministry."

• Like 1
  • Applause 15
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Dave himself has stated he has 3-4 go to sermons he uses over and over when he guest preaches.

He probably is not the original author of those sermons either. Poor Jill - she'd probably be a lot happier married to an actual pastor of a real bricks and mortar church. Then she'd be the pastor's wife and could lord her status over all the ladies of the church, maybe even teach a Sunday School class reminding them of their lesser status as women. But sadly, she married DBD and finds it necessary to tell us of their great love so often that one wonders if the lady doth protest too much!

• Applause 17

I think DBD was either “warming up the crowd” with his oft-recycled “yay Jay sauce” chants or he was getting the pulpit set up and ready for the real preacher.  Easter is when the heavy hitters come out and the pastor isn’t about to leave the preachin’ to a bush league pitcher.  At the most, MAYBE DBD did a little testifying about his sinful days as a wingman for his buddies at parties, but that’s probably it.  

• Like 10

She can't even put her phone away on Easter Sunday. I would love to know what the other members of her church think of her always taking pictures during the services. And don't worry Jill, nobody wants "your man" except you!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
12 minutes ago, smallfry said:

She can't even put her phone away on Easter Sunday. I would love to know what the other members of her church think of her always taking pictures during the services. And don't worry Jill, nobody wants "your man" except you!

And I doubt she really does. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I see the girls are being instructed in the teapot pose.

Yes let's put eggs HIGH up on things so even adults have to stretch when there are llittle kids who are also participating.

You know the "winners" had that dollar in their hot little hands for the length of time to take the picture, then Jill was snatching it back.   Also its 2023, a DOLLAR as a prize.   

• Sad 11

Not defending the Rods by any means but one is never too old for an egg hunt. My neighbors hold two hunts every year, one for the younger nieces and nephews and a second one for the older teens and adults. It is absolutely hilarious to witness with everyone laughing and having the time of their lives. Our son turned 32 today (Easter Sunday) so my husband and I gave him his own egg hunt to celebrate since it was the first time since 1950 that Easter fell on April 9. An Easter birthday egg hunt just seemed appropriate. And yes, we were all greatly entertained and amused wandering around out property laughing for a good hour.

• Like 10
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What is Jill wearing???

Teapot poses for the ladies!

Ma and Pa are still there.

Mad dash for some candy? Pass for me lol. I’m not getting trampled to death for some skittles.

One thing she’s wearing is white high heels with black opaque stockings, which is a huge fashion faux pas IMO.

• Like 11
  • LOL 5

Single pics of all the girls except for Sophie/Sadie(?). Jill won't even post a picture because she knows how small and sickly she looks.

It is so much like the book A Child Called It.

My theory is she was supposed to be a boy and sadly, has been treated like shit ever since she was born.

• Sad 11

I have no problem with the older kids hunting eggs.   However, its sad that they have no friends to come over and play with them too.   You only ever see them with other kids when the whole family is along.   There are no peer groups to hang out with.   It's family all the time.   

This is a basic problem with all fundy families it seems.   they just travel as a whole group with no one allowed to be individual in case they see or hear something from  .... Satan that corrupts them FOREVER.

• Like 15

I have a purple tablecloth that looks exactly like Jill's dress. I use it for Easter or Christmas dinner when I cook at home. It's OK as a table cover, but I wouldn't dream of wearing it. 

I'm surprised Ma and Pa are still at the Barndo. Could this be permanent? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I don't think it's permanent, the Praying for Amy Foster page has a post March 20 which includes this. and Daddy's comment.

from amy -

"My mom is not progressing in her functions and healing as much as we had hoped and prayed she would, but we are thankful for her and would appreciate continued prayers for her and my dad. Thank you! I wrote a poem for Ma the other day which I included here."

from daddy

"Dear Amy, Your poem touches Mom's and my heart. We are so thankful to have a daughter like you. You inspire us to lean on the Lord each and every day. What promises we have from His Word. We love you dearly and we love Kevin for being such a faithful husband through all your trials. We are looking forward to being back near you all again. To God be the glory great things he hath done. Dad"

Amy's poem to Ma

My Mother

My mom is someone special that I’ve had my whole life through.

I haven’t always treasured her the way He’d have me to.

She’s stayed loyal to my father and made him very glad

That he’d chosen her to wife; oh what happy times they’ve had.

I would not trade my mom for anyone in the world.

She’s given me life and was thrilled to have four precious girls.

She treasured us and wanted us to live to please the Lord.

She taught us to be diligent and never say we’re bored.

I’m grateful for my mother; she is so dear to me.

She taught me right from wrong so I could clearly see

That following God’s commands and loving others too

Would make my life worthwhile until my journey’s thru.

Ma shed a lot of tears for me in the trials that I’ve had,

And I knew I was very loved even while I was so sad.

Now it is her turn to go through a difficult trial.

Through this trial though I know God is in control.

I love you, Ma, and thank you for what you’ve done for me.

I wish though from your disability you would be set free.

And on my porch more special times we would gladly share.

But while you’re on this journey, please know how much I care.

You’re doing an amazing job, Ma, and I desire to be more like you

In taking each day with a smile and letting your love shine through!

I love you, Ma. Written with love by Amy 3/17/23

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Why does Tessie hold her head so strangely l? It looks like she’s jutting it out in front of her body. 
The egg  hunt winners are holding what exactly? It looks like a packet of condoms. (Of course that isn’t what they’re holding.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Is the dress Jill’s wearing from Not Nurie’s wedding?

I don't think so.  Jill wore a white jacket over a long dark color dress for NotNurie's wedding.  I can't tell from pictures if it was purple or not.  But, the sleeves of the jacket were pretty slender and it would've been hard to hide the bell sleeves under it.

Also, Jill has no problems spending money on herself and I doubt she'd consider a re-wear on a dress she wore less than 6 months ago at a very public occasion.  I'm sure she went out and found something new for Easter.

• Like 9