Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

From what?   We joke about those kids not eating, but we have also seen what is served. 

Unfortunately hunger can produce a swollen belly.

I guess I'm holding out some hope that as the "baby" she gets more to eat. I should know better. 

• Sad 4
7 minutes ago, beckie said:

Jonathan (and Kaylee) we're probably ordered by BME, to join the Christmas tree outing. They'll never be able to be alone.

And Jonathan had to bring his wallet in order to pay for his in laws' tree, too.

• Sad 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I just hope Jonny grows a backbone and puts his foot down and distances himself from bankrolling the Rods. He and Kaylee are a family now, and that should be his priority. Yeah, I’m dreaming. I know. Leave ‘em alone, JillyBean. Just leave them alone.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

At least Jonathan isn't off praying and wailing before he--and everyone else--eats. Give him time, though. 

True. He and Kaylee probably have "bible time" together at some point in the day. Probably at night after dinner, so they don't have to get up at the asscrack of dawn before he goes to work.

• Like 4

Jonathan and Kaylee wanted to join us = Jonathan paid for the tree. Last year Nathan paid. Next year Renee’s husband will pay. Jill and David are awful parents and full time grifters. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Phillip has joined the ranks of unsafe male drivers at the Barndo.  Filed Dec. 1st. Two traffic violations. Violation of Safe passing rules and Following too closely.(both deemed Minor)  Court date 12/20 Total fines $159.

No seat belt violation cited though which was surprising to me.

• Mind Blown 21
  • Sad 9
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Phillip has joined the ranks of unsafe male drivers at the Barndo.  Filed Dec. 1st. Two traffic violations. Violation of Safe passing rules and Following too closely.(both deemed Minor)  Court date 12/20 Total fines $159.

No seat belt violation cited though which was surprising to me.

I guess the Rodlet drivers Ed is the same level as the rest of the homeschooling.

• Like 8
  • Sad 18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, crazy8s said:

From the ticket - Phillip just got his driver's license in June of this year.  So mama finally let him get a license at almost 19 so he could work and pay for local bible college. 😦

Are formal driver's education classes required in Ohio if a person wants to get their license before they turn 18 or 21? 

Where I live the classes are required if getting a license before 18 and run about $600. I can see the Rods not paying that especially when there are other licensed drivers in the household.

Edited by Triple P
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Are formal driver's education classes required in Ohio if a person wants to get their license before they turn 18 or 21? 

Where I live the classes is required if getting a license before 18 and run about $600. I can see the Rods not paying that especially when there are other licensed drivers in the household.

My friend Google sez that Ohio requires drivers' ed for license applicants under age 18. So of course the Rods would wait until their kids are 18 to get their drivers' licenses. And seems like they don't have great skilz. Nurie crashed a car she was driving with Kaylee as a passenger. Tim's had a few one-car accidents (lost control driving in snow/ice at least once, IIRC).

And now Phillip's been ticketed. I'm kinda scratching my head about those charges - unsafe passing and following too close. I hope there wasn't an accident. Hard to say what happened, but based on the charges he might have tailgated a vehicle on a two-lane road and aggressively passed them. And the other driver used their mobile to call it in to the cops - maybe even took video or had a dashcam. Could be that the other driver was an off duty cop or had some law enforcement connections. Heh. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

GoFundMe to pay the bills, but new stockings for a bunch of kids (that will have nothing in them anyway).   Do families actually do that, get new stockings every year?   In family, we used ones grandma made us every single year.   It's kinda one those traditional things to me.   

Also hey Jill, looking a little commercialized for such a sacred time of the year.

• Like 14
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

GoFundMe to pay the bills, but new stockings for a bunch of kids (that will have nothing in them anyway).   Do families actually do that, get new stockings every year?   In family, we used ones grandma made us every single year.   It's kinda one those traditional things to me.   

Also hey Jill, looking a little commercialized for such a sacred time of the year.

I have stockings that my mom decorated for us. I have one I bought for my late cat that I still hang up and one I bought for our current little guy. The oldest one I have is a tiny stocking my mom decorated for my childhood dog. It has to be about 50 years old. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I have stockings that my mom decorated for us. I have one I bought for my late cat that I still hang up and one I bought for our current little guy. The oldest one I have is a tiny stocking my mom decorated for my childhood dog. It has to be about 50 years old. 

Same. I use the same stocking that my mom made for me 54 years ago. 

• Love 10

Somebody must have bought those stockings for Jill. My guess is Nathan or Jonathan. Seventeen new Christmas stockings would be pricey.

GoFundMyPoorSickMother is for vacations, hair extensions, jewelry, makeup, Plexus conventions in Hawaii, and restaurant meals for Jill and Hunk. Jill's not going to spend that money on anything that doesn't benefit her directly.   

• Sad 11
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Somebody must have bought those stockings for Jill. My guess is Nathan or Jonathan. Seventeen new Christmas stockings would be pricey.

GoFundMyPoorSickMother is for vacations, hair extensions, jewelry, makeup, Plexus conventions in Hawaii, and restaurant meals for Jill and Hunk. Jill's not going to spend that money on anything that doesn't benefit her directly.   

I think you are right about the stockings. I'm betting it was Jonathan as he and Kaylee went along to get the tree, in addition to buying the tree, he might have thrown in all the stockings too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4
On 12/4/2022 at 11:20 AM, Teriacky said:

And Nurie has a REAL, UNFORCED SMILE. 

This year. She might have a real smile next year with 3 babies in diapers, but by the time she has 4 under 4 I think that real smile will turn back into her childhood grimace. I bet she's hoping the next 2 are girls so she can start training them to be sister-moms for the 10-14 that come in the next 20 years.

Edited by Nysha
  • Sad 18
19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

This year. She might have a real smile next year with 3 babies in diapers, but by the time she has 4 under 4 I think that real smile will turn back into her childhood grimace. I bet she's hoping the next 2 are girls so she can start training them to be sister-moms for the 10-14 that come in the next 20 years.

And maybe she can "check out" once there are enough sister moms, just like Michelle Duggar. 

• Sad 13
18 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Not only will Nurie get the grimace but the laundry room breakdown that comes near the half-dozen blessings mark. I hope Nathan still has the lawn business because Nurie may become a super breeder. 

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And maybe she can "check out" once there are enough sister moms, just like Michelle Duggar. 

Michelle got helpers after the laundry incident. She also did blanket training and assigned sister moms. However, it was TV show money, and probably some quality tranquilizers, that has really allowed her to float around in another sphere with that baby voice and blank look on her face. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Love 2

I don’t get new stockings often, but I have if they no longer match my decor. We used to live in a house built in 1900, so we had some that fit that home. Then when we moved I bought a different set. At the time we just had one child and another one didn’t seem likely so there was only 3. Then when we did finally have a second child, Mr Trillium and I shared just shared since I was the one who filled them and I was never going the find a 4th that matched.  Last year the kids said we needed new ones, and each of us had to have our own. I said fine, with the expectation that if I was going to have my own, they needed to make sure something, even just one thing was in it that I didn’t put there myself. They agreed, so now there is 5 stockings since they said the dog needed one too. 

My mother isn’t sentimental about things, and she passed that down to me, so making a switch isn’t a big deal. I’m more about things going together than I am about sentimentality, and I’ll own that. But I also make a very good living, feed my kids, and can afford to do so. Jillpm can’t pay for car repairs on their own, nor proper clothing and for the kids. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if those were dollar store stockings that they added names to. Who cares about taking care of your kids when there’s god honoring matching stockings to be bought! 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I don’t get new stockings often, but I have if they no longer match my decor. We used to live in a house built in 1900, so we had some that fit that home. Then when we moved I bought a different set. At the time we just had one child and another one didn’t seem likely so there was only 3. Then when we did finally have a second child, Mr Trillium and I shared just shared since I was the one who filled them and I was never going the find a 4th that matched.  Last year the kids said we needed new ones, and each of us had to have our own. I said fine, with the expectation that if I was going to have my own, they needed to make sure something, even just one thing was in it that I didn’t put there myself. They agree, so now there is 5 stockings since they said the dog needed one too. 

My mother isn’t sentimental about things, and she passed that down to me, so making a switch isn’t a big deal. I’m more about things going together than I am about sentimentality, and I’ll own that. But I also make a very good living, feed my kids, and can afford to do so. Jillpm can’t pay for car repairs on their own, not proper clothing and for the kids. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if those were dollar store stockings that they added names to. Who cares about taking care of your kids when there’s god honoring matching stockings to be bought! 

The dollar stores out by me are now $1.25, so if she did buy them there that is a little over $20. If they are from Walmart, I saw plaid stockings for nearly $10 each. 

• Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

The dollar stores out by me are now $1.25, so if she did buy them there that is a little over $20. If they are from Walmart, I saw plaid stockings for nearly $10 each. 

I had to look and yes they are 100% from the Dollar Twenty Five Tree. Which again no shame if that is your budget. But Jillpm is just the poster child for cheap unnecessary consumerism. Very Jesus.

AA5C9376-A6ED-40C3-899B-718F3E00A443.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Whenever I see photos of the inside of JillR's house; all I can think of is : "trip hazard". I have never seen so many mats and throw rugs on a floor in all of my born days.  I could not take the clutter in that place. Who does she think she's fooling with those hanging maps/tapestries? Obviously, they are TVs.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oof.  The Elder Kellers look terrible in this pic.  And Nemo looks feral.

68AB8ADE-30D3-4CCD-959C-A5EED1BB7D20.jpeg

This tree is crazy.

FCE2BC76-BCFB-424A-A792-CE97B319E823.jpeg

Expand  

I'm trying to think of the last picture of Nemo where he was smiling and I'm not having much luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jonathan needs to stop supporting his inlaws.   He has a mortgage to pay.   At this rate, he might not make it.   And he and Kaylee aren't cute enough for a GoFundMe to be effective.

I thought you were going to say aren’t cute enough for Only Fans 

Jon will be buying his in laws dinner dates indefinitely 

• Sad 4
  • LOL 3

I wonder if Jill posted the worst picture she could find of Pa and Ma Keller.  I wouldn't put that past her.

Nemo is tied with Sophia as the kid that most breaks my heart.  He never looks happy and I don't think he looks healthy either.  I know all kids are different, but he worries me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 19
  • Love 4