Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Samuel turns 18 on Thanksgiving day. Jill will then have 6 "children" over 18. Any predictions on the career "burden" Jill picked for Samuel when he was about 5yrs old?? I bet Samuel's burden will be something that keeps him right close to mama and the barndo.

I think Renee will be next to court. Though Jill reported earlier this summer that Timmy was getting his finances in order so he would "be ready to take on the burden of a wife". Since then Timmy has sold his quite lucrative business (😂🙄) to spend his saved $ on flying lessons to further his goal on the "burden of becoming a missionary pilot". Phillip has to work for $ for bible college and the "burden of becoming a missionary". so no money for a wife.

• Like 5
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The kids shouldn’t have an occupation. Their education should be their full time job. 

Their full time job is grifting with mama aka “singing” and “playing instruments “

3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

She looks like a bargain basement 80s hair band groupie.

This scared the shit out of me.

Don't worry, Jill. No one thinks you do anything fun.

If this is Jill sober imagine her drunk. Now that would be a hoot/worth to see. 

David is drunk off hummingbird juice 🤣

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Samuel turns 18 on Thanksgiving day. Jill will then have 6 "children" over 18. Any predictions on the career "burden" Jill picked for Samuel when he was about 5yrs old?? I bet Samuel's burden will be something that keeps him right close to mama and the barndo.

I think Renee will be next to court. Though Jill reported earlier this summer that Timmy was getting his finances in order so he would "be ready to take on the burden of a wife". Since then Timmy has sold his quite lucrative business (😂🙄) to spend his saved $ on flying lessons to further his goal on the "burden of becoming a missionary pilot". Phillip has to work for $ for bible college and the "burden of becoming a missionary". so no money for a wife.

How many of those over 18s are applying for their own allotments of food stamps, Medicaid, etc? I don’t have a problem with it, just speculating. In Ohio it’s the same application for both. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 6
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Samuel is the family carpenter. I'm not sure how successful he can be on his own what with the far more experienced and talented Amish cornering the market in his area.

Has BME featured Samuel’s work on her posts? Curious as to how skilled he is.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Has BME featured Samuel’s work on her posts? Curious as to how skilled he is.

Yes, she's featured some of his work. I remember a door with embellishments for the attic. There have been other instances where she's featured his handiwork. It's below average workmanship.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

First Christmas at the barndo, when Gabriel got a rifle and Timothy got shoes and a wall decor thing, Samuel got a table saw.

I think he built a shelf for Jill's display at the Ivory Cream fiasco and a shelf for next to her desk to organize her plexus junk.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

They have stunted all of their children but I think the boys are going to pay a higher price for their lack of education and inability to support a family. 

I suspect so too. There are a lot of these fundy boys who are surprisingly short on skills given how much their parents bragged through their teen years, so that might not be a total deal breaker. But with some notable exceptions (Tabby Paine, Esther Keller), a lot of these girls seem to be marrying guys who walk the funky-light line (at least on SM) and give them a lot more autonomy (and money) than they had growing up. Timcel (only my sisters are pure enough to want to marry) Rod is not that guy. 

Added to that, sons-in-law are a walking check book for the never ending grift-a-thon, they might take a younger, prettier girl out of the house so Jill can "Mirror, mirror on the wall" about her cosmetology skills (that one is just speculation) and Jill gets all the attention on social media from going on like her daughter died (for a year and counting in Nurie's case). A girl isn't going to bring another chicken leg to the table and is going to take all the boy's attention from Best Mahmo! Can't have that in Rod land!

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Gee, it's hard to imagine why eligible women aren't snapping them up. 

Sickly and malnourished? No education or ability to make a living? No visible spine or will of their own? A grifting, clout-chasing MIL who'll expect your family to provide meals and entertainment for the entire fam? 

Wow, get in line, ladies.

Just what I've been waiting for! Which one should I pick? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

How many of those over 18s are applying for their own allotments of food stamps, Medicaid, etc? I don’t have a problem with it, just speculating. In Ohio it’s the same application for both. 

That's a most excellent point. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Just what I've been waiting for! Which one should I pick? 

It's hard to recommend one in specific, since they seem to have no discernible personalities.

Any one of them could be your dream man! Go knock on the barn door and introduce yourself, but don't forget to bring your life savings to contribute to Jill's grifting fund!

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

It's hard to recommend one in specific, since they seem to have no discernible personalities.

Any one of them could be your dream man! Go knock on the barn door and introduce yourself, but don't forget to bring your life savings to contribute to Jill's grifting fund!

Mother-in-law Jill would be sorely disappointed in my life savings! 

4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

That seems ridiculous to me with the name starting off He.

Is there any part of that name that ISN'T ridiculous? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Mary Maxwell, daughter of the infamous Stevehovah, is engaged! Older sister Sarah (40) just got married in August to a guy she met online. Mary met her guy at COLLEGE! There was a time, not that long ago, that we thought that all 3 girls would never marry. I'm still left to wonder what changed in Steve to allow Sarah to move out on her own (Jana, there's hope!) and send Mary and Anna to a real (albeit bible) college. 

For those who need a refresher, the Maxwells created the "chore packs" that were seen on younger Duggar kids as far back as the early specials. Some of the Maxwells appeared on the show when they attended Josiah's graduation. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Agreed, especially for fundies, who want their women very “traditionally feminine”!

the video Jill posted of the older girls at the Fruit Farm was so bizarre, I couldn’t help but watch it a few times. The girls all have this simpering, tittering way of speaking, and they swish and sway in a strange coquettish manner as they talk. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
5 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I suspect so too. There are a lot of these fundy boys who are surprisingly short on skills given how much their parents bragged through their teen years, so that might not be a total deal breaker. But with some notable exceptions (Tabby Paine, Esther Keller), a lot of these girls seem to be marrying guys who walk the funky-light line (at least on SM) and give them a lot more autonomy (and money) than they had growing up. Timcel (only my sisters are pure enough to want to marry) Rod is not that guy. 

Added to that, sons-in-law are a walking check book for the never ending grift-a-thon, they might take a younger, prettier girl out of the house so Jill can "Mirror, mirror on the wall" about her cosmetology skills (that one is just speculation) and Jill gets all the attention on social media from going on like her daughter died (for a year and counting in Nurie's case). A girl isn't going to bring another chicken leg to the table and is going to take all the boy's attention from Best Mahmo! Can't have that in Rod land!

A lot of the other fundy guys with little skills, seem to have personalities their wives LIKE, the women got some sort of emotional connection and autonomy out of the deal. I have now idea how Tim or Samuel are going to get a chance to know any girl/woman on even a surface level that she might be interested in courting him. 

You’re right, Jill is not going to tolerate another woman competing for her son’s attention. I think she let Nurie move away because Nurie was/is her favorite and she knew she could get her to come home at a moments notice. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, awaken said:

Agreed, especially for fundies, who want their women very “traditionally feminine”!

the video Jill posted of the older girls at the Fruit Farm was so bizarre, I couldn’t help but watch it a few times. The girls all have this simpering, tittering way of speaking, and they swish and sway in a strange coquettish manner as they talk. 

Yassss, it’s so odd. Jill is annoying but she doesn’t talk like that so I’m wondering where they got it from. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, awaken said:

It was very bizarre. Kaylee - I am here with all my sisters and Nurie, with her pregnant... stomach.- WTH??

Jill pipes right up and "you will be married in just a few days and.....  "  I think alluding to soon kaylee could have a pregnant stomach too.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 14
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She thinks it's 18th Century England with her random Capitalization of Nouns. 

Google search of Ohio returns businesses named: Lynd's Fruit Farm / White House Fruit Farm Inc. / Huffman Fruit Farm / Hirsch Fruit Farm and Market / Phillips AB & Son Fruit Farm.

Also "Fruit Farms" named Patterson, Irons, Laurelville, Jutte's, Moreland and Grobe.

Methinks she was using the business name.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Yassss, it’s so odd. Jill is annoying but she doesn’t talk like that so I’m wondering where they got it from.

I think the kids speak the way Jill spoke to them, a kind of baby talk all their lives.  I don't think DBD ever said much except when he's preaching so Jill's voice is the primary one in their lives.  Conversely, I think Jill grew up with her parents speaking normally so she can do the same when she wants to..

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
33 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Google search of Ohio returns businesses named: Lynd's Fruit Farm / White House Fruit Farm Inc. / Huffman Fruit Farm / Hirsch Fruit Farm and Market / Phillips AB & Son Fruit Farm.

Also "Fruit Farms" named Patterson, Irons, Laurelville, Jutte's, Moreland and Grobe.

She didn’t name the business though. It’s not  named Fruit Farm.  She posted they walked there, it was Moreland Fruit Farm.

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She didn’t name the business though. It’s not  named Fruit Farm.  She posted they walked there, it was Moreland Fruit Farm.

OK. Part of the name. You don't want her to grift by putting the whole name, do you😱?

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

It's all about putting God first, I guess. 

That...and surreptitiously doing uber-crappy stuff to your children....with total deniability and the bonus of having your whole self-deluded community call you super-duper holy because of it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Sad 12
8 hours ago, awaken said:

That video of BME interviewing the older girls in the cornfield was downright creepy.  Jill has really done a number on those girls.  Bizarre brainwashing at its worst.  I’m not sure why those girls speak and behave in that manner, but you can be sure that they learned it from their lunatic of a mother.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

No, she constantly Capitalizes random Words. She’s simply Stupid.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

This is her today selling plexus claiming it’s wonderful for diabetics. 

54EFE9B1-F8AB-49E1-B9BF-D72C251A25CE.jpeg

Although this was addressed to Plexus, and was COVID related, it applies to all claims:

It is unlawful under the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. § 41 et seq., to advertise that a product can prevent, treat, or cure human disease unless you possess competent and reliable scientific evidence, including, when appropriate, well-controlled human clinical studies, substantiating that the claims are true at the time they are made. For COVID-19, no such study is currently known to exist for the products identified above. Thus, any coronavirus-related prevention or treatment claims regarding such products are not supported by competent and reliable scientific evidence. You must immediately cease making all such claims.

From: https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/warning-letters/covid-19-letter_to_plexus_worldwide.pdf

• Like 4
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

You don't want her to grift by putting the whole name, do you😱?

No, I want her to learn proper grammar including the difference between common and proper nouns, if she is teaching her children!

• Applause 9
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That video of BME interviewing the older girls in the cornfield was downright creepy.  Jill has really done a number on those girls.  Bizarre brainwashing at its worst.  I’m not sure why those girls speak and behave in that manner, but you can be sure that they learned it from their lunatic of a mother.

Is this video public?  I so want to see it!  But I don’t have Facebook or instagram. Could it be posted here, please?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I'm scared of a family that decides to marry their daughter to Rod son. Those boys look like they are incapable of living without their mother.

She will never marry her boys off because she is looking for a BME clone of her and she will never find one.

• Sad 2
On 11/21/2022 at 11:05 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Mary Maxwell, daughter of the infamous Stevehovah, is engaged! Older sister Sarah (40) just got married in August to a guy she met online. Mary met her guy at COLLEGE! There was a time, not that long ago, that we thought that all 3 girls would never marry. I'm still left to wonder what changed in Steve to allow Sarah to move out on her own (Jana, there's hope!) and send Mary and Anna to a real (albeit bible) college. 

For those who need a refresher, the Maxwells created the "chore packs" that were seen on younger Duggar kids as far back as the early specials. Some of the Maxwells appeared on the show when they attended Josiah's graduation. 

I read somewhere (maybe Reddit) that Steve's heart problems are what resulted in this massive change to the Maxwell family rules. Whether or not that's true, it's clear that SOMETHING happened to lessen Steve's control over his family. I would love to know what it was, and what other changes have happened. 

I checked out their blog just now. You'll all be shocked -- shocked, I tell you! -- to hear that Steve and Terri both still write like they have a large stick up their asses. They remind me of Stephen King's memoir On Writing, the section where he tells people how NOT to write. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Tim seems to me to be much like Nathan Bates in the Fundy-guy sense. The big difference is Nathan must have some endearing qualities that attract women because he's had at least two, maybe three serious courtships, prior to marrying. But he's also had way more opportunities to meet Fundy women than Tim has.

All that to say, I think Tim is a scary dude and when he does marry, I hope its to a strong woman who will put him in his place and then divorce him. Someone needs to wake him up and help him put his head on straight.

• Love 9