Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill’s come hither stare is terrifying me 🤣. Buy our subpar quality stuff so me and hubster can have lots of date nights. Wink wink. 

I also want a trip to Hawaii so buy my plexus!

This chick and her hubster can earn actual $ by working but nah they prefer begging!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I have no doubt that Nurie is expected to show up. 

Nemo is tiny, look at those limbs. Also needs a diaper change. 

Nemo is too tiny IMO and that diaper hasn’t been changed in god only knows how long.  In less than two months, he’ll no longer be the baby and that makes my heart hurt.  I despise these fucking Fundies and their insane beliefs!

• Sad 19
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I also noticed that. Jill has a love affair with misused commas.

Does she ever! I know lot of people, even those who attended real schools, don't know the difference between serial adjectives and cumulative adjectives, but many folks pick it up from, um, reading. "Young, adult ladies" is particularly egregious. You can even hear that no comma is needed. Jill, honey, if you're a lurker, here's a primer: 

young adult ladies = no comma

young, misguided ladies = comma

Edited by Portia
typo
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

I miss "crunchy-curl" Jinger!   Jerm should deisgn a line of Jinger Barbies!

Jerm, don't forget to design a fake tan crunchy-curl Jinger Barbie! With adorable "kicks"!

• LOL 7
On 10/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, Cinnabon said:

For teen girls and young, adult ladies? Huh?

On 10/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I also noticed that. Jill has a love affair with misused commas. 

Misused commas and aren't teens young adults? 

Edited by Triple P
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Did you find any info on where we can sign up to join the Pharisees? 🤣

No, it's actually Jill who's like the Pharisees, loudly proclaiming "thank God I am not like other sinners."  She's not exactly following the best way to pray, to seek privacy and avoid bragging.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 14
46 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made Dave thinner ?

B59A311D-BE0E-4AFE-8B17-5B02EA5E810E.jpeg

And why is he wearing shoes on the beach? 

Is this from their trip to St. Simon's Island after driving  Nurthan back to Florida a few months ago or are they back in Florida again? 

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made Dave thinner ?

Jill made herself thinner too. She has a way with photoshop and filters.

Shoes on the beach? Who knows? This is the man who wore a pair of tie dye leggings, two sizes too small, during the family reunion in Texas last year. His clothing choices are  interesting.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I wonder if their matchy-matchy clothing color scheme of the day is planned out in advance and if there's a calendar on the fridge or something where everyone can check it.  

Or does she just pull the colors out of thin air each morning? 

She said in an old video that they have pre planned colors when they perform. It's not as obvious as it used to be, but you can still see remnants of it sometimes.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

No mention of Kaylee wedding at all huh? No posting the registry , nothing. Hope Kaylee gets a wedding she is happy with.

I can't see Jill's wanting to embarrass herself in front of Jonathan's family by hosting an unplanned mess of a wedding. Jill is all about appearances. 

Oh course, if the Rodrigues parents and the Hill parents have had some manner of "sweet disagreements," who knows what this wedding will look like.  

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't see Jill's wanting to embarrass herself in front of Jonathan's family by hosting an unplanned mess of a wedding. Jill is all about appearances. 

Oh course, if the Rodrigues parents and the Hill parents have had some manner of "sweet disagreements," who knows what this wedding will look like.  

She embarrassed herself with the Kellers. Especially when she crashed Ma and Pa Keller's 40th anniversary party.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Absolom said:

Does Jill get embarrassed about anything ever?

I don't think she's capable of embarrassment. But I do think she reads comments and thinks about how people react to her. Then she uses her own SM posts to put the spin on it that anyone who criticizes her is just a hater who doesn't understand her great love with Dave and the fantastic way they are raising their brood. She would have us believe that she has a direct pipeline to the Lord and He approves heartily of everything Jill does. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, Turquoise said:

BME's latest Minute with Jill was a lecture on not being a Pharisee. You can't make this shit up.

I listened to her describing herself to a T and all I could think was that she has zero self-awareness.  NONE.  She’s truly insane.

19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill made Dave thinner ?

She made herself thinner too.

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

In looking at those old pics of Jill and Best Hubby Ever, is anyone else surprised she chose to marry him?  If she was anything back then like she is now, wouldn't she have arrogantly fancied herself the catch of all catches?  She thinks she looks like a super model.  Looks are certainly subjective but I'd like to find anyone who wouldn't label Hubs as ugly (young or old).  Sorry, not sorry.  

He was not the perfect Christian man but instead a total and complete wayward sinner.  She had to take a last name that she constantly feels the need to defend (we ain't no Mexicans!).  The man obviously has no personality, hobbies, work ethic, etc.  He's a literal blob.  

Was this a forced/arranged marriage?  

On a separate note, I think the eye brow massacre right of passage is akin to how a lot of us used to have to wait until a certain age to get our ears pierced.  The girls are probably thrilled about it.  Another reason to weep for them.  

Tessie's brows now have not only been wrecked but it appears Mahmo is now going over them with a Sharpie for way too dark definition.  

• Sad 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

In looking at those old pics of Jill and Best Hubby Ever, is anyone else surprised she chose to marry him?  If she was anything back then like she is now, wouldn't she have arrogantly fancied herself the catch of all catches?  She thinks she looks like a super model.  Looks are certainly subjective but I'd like to find anyone who wouldn't label Hubs as ugly (young or old).  Sorry, not sorry.  

He was not the perfect Christian man but instead a total and complete wayward sinner.  She had to take a last name that she constantly feels the need to defend (we ain't no Mexicans!).  The man obviously has no personality, hobbies, work ethic, etc.  He's a literal blob.  

Was this a forced/arranged marriage?  

On a separate note, I think the eye brow massacre right of passage is akin to how a lot of us used to have to wait until a certain age to get our ears pierced.  The girls are probably thrilled about it.  Another reason to weep for them.  

Tessie's brows now have not only been wrecked but it appears Mahmo is now going over them with a Sharpie for way too dark definition.  

She was awfully young when he started to "notice" her. She probably liked the attention from an older man. If I had married the guy I was madly in love with in HS, I'd probably be divorced as after years of drug use, he came out of the closet, which saved his life. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She was awfully young when he started to "notice" her.

Yes I find their origin story, for a lack of a better word, very disturbing. Jill is one of the most off-putting, batshit crazy cunts (I do not use that term lightly) I have ever come across in my time on the planet. BUT I really do think the onus of blame for the start of that relationship is on the one who was an adult when it started (David) and not the one who was underage. I don't pretend to understand the dynamics of this relationship at all, but I am not sure that David is quite as passive of a participant in it as it may seem on social media. 

• Like 9
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes I find their origin story, for a lack of a better word, very disturbing. Jill is one of the most off-putting, batshit crazy cunts (I do not use that term lightly) I have ever come across in my time on the planet. BUT I really do think the onus of blame for the start of that relationship is on the one who was an adult when it started (David) and not the one who was underage. I don't pretend to understand the dynamics of this relationship at all, but I am not sure that David is quite as passive of a participant in it as it may seem on social media. 

It smells like grooming and it's so disturbing that she's bragging about it. She wasn't just underage, she was quite a bit underage.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It smells like grooming and it's so disturbing that she's bragging about it. She wasn't just underage, she was quite a bit underage.

Not only was David older, he was apparently quite experienced with partying, alcohol, women, and who knows what else. This is mentioned in his salvation story, so his  background may or may not have been exaggerated for effect. Jill was churched and homeschooled, so probably quite naive. Maybe David seemed exotic to her, and there's no one more enthusiastic than a new convert. 

@Zella, I also don't think David is as passive as he appears. I think he's spoiled and lazy, but not lacking strong opinions and a willingness to act on them.   

• Like 4
  • Love 4

IMHO David was definitely NOT as “worldly” as they make him out to be before he married Jill. He was probably “that guy” who just showed up to a party, got drunk, and acted a fool after a few  beers. Or, even more likely, he was invited along to be the wing man for his friends. I may venture to guess he was kind of shy with the ladies. He eventually found Jaysauce and went to church only to find a gaggle of young, subservient girls just chomping at the bit to hook a man, any man (of which, he was one).  I will admit, Jill was somewhat pretty in her younger years.  And with all the makeup she wore, she could pass for a much older young woman. And, best of all?  She showed him interest!  I’m sure David just bided his time until she was old enough. No effort had to be made on his part, Jill was already hooked!  He must have had that in mind the whole time, considering he was surrounded by fundie women closer to his own age and never married any of them. And now that he sired a quiver full, he can sit back and enjoy being catered to by not only Jill, but the girls too.  And the boys, to an extent.  He is the king of his castle.   All of this is speculation, of course…

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

And with all the makeup she wore, she could pass for a much older young woman.

She was 12 when they met and 14 when he finally "noticed" her for the first time. I don't think all the makeup in the world was going to hide the fact she was barely a teenager when he's a 20 year old man. 

Edited by Zella
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

But did he really "notice" her, or was that wishful thinking on her part? And, even back then, David wasn't very attractive. Seems to me, and I could be wrong, that maybe Jill was the ONLY one interested in him. 

I'm probably just overthinking this. It's probably exactly like you guys said.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

So Tim plans to lecture us about lust? I have a feeling it's a topic on his mind a lot. Surely, if all women dressed like his mother and his sisters, he wouldn't struggle so much. Or so he thinks. 

He may have said more, but two minutes of watching him trying to drive and talk at the same time was all I could manage. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, beckie said:

But did he really "notice" her, or was that wishful thinking on her part? And, even back then, David wasn't very attractive. Seems to me, and I could be wrong, that maybe Jill was the ONLY one interested in him. 

I'm probably just overthinking this. It's probably exactly like you guys said.

I'm going to risk going against popular opinion, but I don't think that David was all that bad looking in his younger years. And based on the photos of them together around the time they were married, he actually doesn't come across as looking any older than she did. There was a sort of geeky awkwardness that could have come across as boyishly charming, maybe. I don't know... I'm only going off of a couple of old photos, so he may have been completely different in real life. But for whatever it's worth, my guess is that he didn't have the greatest of success with girls his own age, and might have "noticed" Jill, though I have no clue as to whether he had inappropriate designs ( I think we notice who we notice, and people of any sex or any age who strike our eyes as beautiful are going to draw our eye. That may or may absolutely not involve any lustful or inappropriate feelings. That's all very individual ).

She probably noticed him noticing her, and responded in typical adolescent fashion by developing a reciprocal interest in him.

Over time, given their respective personalities, I think it just sort of morphed into a relationship where Jill was calling the shots while making David believe he was the all-powerful headship. I do suspect she can be quite manipulative that way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1