Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 10/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

That's Angry Olivia. She's left out of a lot of pictures. 

16 hours ago, awaken said:

I feel like I literally have never seen her before!  Which is so strange, considering the amount of time we here spend on following these people!  

Same....I knew they had 9 girls but how is it that I have almost never seen this child?

Can someone give background on "angry Olivia?"  How does Jill manage to keep her out of all her photos?  And the fact that she manages to do so makes me very uncomfortable for this child - where is she when all of her siblings are getting their pictures taken or being forced to perform for Mahmo's videos? 

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her onstage singing with her siblings - or if I have, I didn't know who she was.  Something about this troubles me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Olivia also often appears to be squinting very hard to see things. I would guess she might need glasses but Jill would never get glasses for a daughter. 3 of the 4 boys have/need glasses. Phillip and Gabe are most often shown wearing theirs and timbits has Must Wear Corrective Lenses as a restriction on his FAA airmen registration page.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 3

Olivia gets ignored, and Sophia gets filters. The waifs are Jill's moneymakers. She should take better care of them. Does anyone really come to a Rodrigues musical event to hear Jill screech or Tim play a trumpet? I doubt it. 

I hope Jill is stressing about whether or not to post more from her romantic getaway with DBD. She really wants to, but restaurant, shopping, and hotel photos might bring more "envy" and "back biting" her way.

She needs to get a good grift going for Kaylee's wedding--Jill's new outfit, bridesmaids' dresses, and a suit that David can get into. Are the Dinguses still making free wedding cakes? 

Fortunately, Kaylee just has to air out that thrift store gown she's had for eight years, and guests will make do with chips and marked-down Halloween candy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, all fall down said:

Olivia is in all of the big family group photos.

She got the nickname Angry Olivia because she always looked over it in her earlier years. This photo in particular (girl in the polka dot dress).  

She just doesn't get a lot of individual posts, and when Jill takes out smaller groups, she often seems left out or not mentioned. 

That particular photo always made me furious for poor Hanna.  Made to stand over by the boys, and dressed hideously.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR should write cards for Hallmark. I mean really, what says Happy Anniversary more than this? 🥂🍾

image.png.ea5fe780524a835c6a13cddd94cc1cea.png

👋🏻 I’m TDoc72 and I’m a back biter. 

• LOL 16
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Olivia also often appears to be squinting very hard to see things. I would guess she might need glasses but Jill would never get glasses for a daughter. 3 of the 4 boys have/need glasses. Phillip and Gabe are most often shown wearing theirs and timbits has Must Wear Corrective Lenses as a restriction on his FAA airmen registration page.

I think there are a few pictures of Nurie and maybe Jill wearing glasses? The girls probably don't get them until they are needed for learner's permits and driver's licenses.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4

While they were in Vermont, they drove about 1.5 hours to try and find a place they stayed at for their honeymoon. They couldn’t find it. I bet Hannah was relieved. I guess the church family had the rest of the family.

AB461B2E-2837-4629-8477-332F389C2A62.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

While they were in Vermont, they drove about 1.5 hours to try and find a place they stayed at for their honeymoon. They couldn’t find it. I bet Hannah was relieved. I guess the church family had the rest of the family.

AB461B2E-2837-4629-8477-332F389C2A62.jpeg

Poor Hannah!  No friends to enjoy her birthday with, not even a favorite sister!

• Sad 13

How amazing that "her 13 children" have the exact same odd capitalization and commas as dear BME. 🙄 I guess Jill figures if you want an over-the-top tribute, you have to do it yourself.

I scrolled through the pictures. Some left laughing emojis at the picture/comments. They will be blocked today no doubt. Also, the two oldest Not Nuries looked a lot like the current waifs when they were little, but healthier.

Edited by Turquoise
While I think Kaylee and Renee resemble the little girls, they weren't as sickly looking. Didn't think my original statement conveyed that.
  • Like 8

People have mentioned the bulge in Jill's neck before and I surely do see it in one of the pics in the Vermont/Hannah tribute. She needs to see a doctor! That does not look right at all. She should definitely have her thyroid checked. That may be why she's struggling with her weight right now. I say this as someone who has had thyroid cancer. I think this issue has been going on for a long time!

Also....Jill totally wrote that 25th anniversary tribute from her kids. Such a liar!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Yeah. Jill managed for the "kids" to mention how much their parents suffer. I bet CPS paid Jill and David a visit recently. 

I wonder if Jill left any food for her children army while she and DBD were frolicking in Vermont. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jill has a post up for "excellent, diligent and sweet" hannah's 14th birthday. Have the eyebrows been altered?860280426_Screenshot(308).png.8046770a14774ebfe51c091b11569d12.png

DANG IT, Jill got at her.  I don't get why turning 14 is the rite of passage to get your perfectly lovely eyebrows plucked into 1984.  Hopefully Jill doesn't make it some weird ceremony with candles and cloaks and chanting.  I hate how it morphs the younger girl into a carbon copy of her older, sadder sisters.

I'm surprised Jill has never blogged about this, because it's such a dramatic change in the girl's appearance, IMO - it makes them appear instantly older.  You'd think she would want everyone to know that in the plucking of the eyebrows, she's got another girl on the husband market or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

DANG IT, Jill got at her.  I don't get why turning 14 is the rite of passage to get your perfectly lovely eyebrows plucked into 1984.  Hopefully Jill doesn't make it some weird ceremony with candles and cloaks and chanting.  I hate how it morphs the younger girl into a carbon copy of her older, sadder sisters.

I'm surprised Jill has never blogged about this, because it's such a dramatic change in the girl's appearance, IMO - it makes them appear instantly older.  You'd think she would want everyone to know that in the plucking of the eyebrows, she's got another girl on the husband market or whatever.

She has blogged about it sort of. Not about it signifying their availability for marriage, but about how the girls are allowed to use makeup as teenagers, and they are allowed only one new type of makeup each year. I think the first is lip gloss when they are 13, eyebrows at 14, not sure what is after that. The reason for only one new type each year is so they can perfect their skill with applying lip gloss, eye shadow  etc. before adding blush or eyeliner.

Jill's story about this may have changed (or was never true) but I remember reading that when I became aware of the Rods (around either Jinger's or Michael Bates' wedding) because Nurie and Kaylee's full-face makeup was so poorly applied in shades that were not complimentary to their complexions.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s comment on the post:

AC16569B-9F4C-42AE-98F4-8BE2A4A02096.jpeg

She acts as if they posted it somewhere else on the Internet and she just happened upon it. It’s her account! She’s the one with the login credentials. Even though her husband’s name is on the account (also stupid), he does not post anything from it. I know her followers are not very bright, but they can’t be so stupid as to not question why anyone would log into a living person’s social media account to post a tribute to that person. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9

I know several evangelical couples that do the both-names-on-the-SM-account thing. It is silly, but I had one smugly inform me that it's because they don't keep secrets like the average couple. Because those of us who have been divorced, it's totally because we had a FB account in only our name. 🙄

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I know several evangelical couples that do the both-names-on-the-SM-account thing. It is silly, but I had one smugly inform me that it's because they don't keep secrets like the average couple. Because those of us who have been divorced, it's totally because we had a FB account in only our name. 🙄

My hilarious sister once commented to a both-names-on-the-SM-account user, "You know these accounts are free, right?" 🤣

I would be surprised if David has ever even looked at their shared account. I think Jill counts on his disinterest and posts her lies freely. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Whenever I see joint SM accounts, I wonder which spouse cheated. 🤣

48 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I guess it’s okay for Jill to wear mannish blouse hoodies!

I was thinking the same thing. 

30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Hands in his pockets? He should be holding Jill’s hand I mean they are in love!

41D3DDB0-E66A-466D-9CCC-CB09ACD49B23.jpeg

IDK - the goofy trend nowadays for some men to pose with only one of their hands in their pockets is even more awkward, I think.

Edited by Cinnabon
Can’t get rid of the box!
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Hands in his pockets? He should be holding Jill’s hand I mean they are in love!

How dare you?!  If they weren't married yet and his hands were out of his pocket, they might have accidentally brushed her hands, which is close to hand holding, which is terribly SINFUL, and you must be made aware of how much more godly than anyone they are/were. So he can't possibly remove his hands from his pockets. It's like NIKE, only for hand-holding. 

• LOL 15
22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jill has a post up for "excellent, diligent and sweet" hannah's 14th birthday. Have the eyebrows been altered?860280426_Screenshot(308).png.8046770a14774ebfe51c091b11569d12.png

Yes, I think BME (everyday she gives me a new reason to despise her more) has already been working on Hannah’s eyebrows.

• Sad 6
8 hours ago, awaken said:

I find the younger photos of them fascinating. It’s interesting to think about what causes people to descend to the levels of craziness that they have. 

I have relatives like this and my vote is generations of poor or no education.

• Like 2
  • Sad 16
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I have relatives like this and my vote is generations of poor or no education.

It's no accident that the Duggars, the Rodriguii, and their "friends" refuse to educate their children. Education makes people think they can have choices. That's bad for cults. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Do we all think Jilly is in full on wedding prep mode now since nov 5th seems the date for kaylee's wedding? She is probably dragging out every tacky decoration she every owned. How will the fake white fur be used this time??

Surely the wedding will be a repeat of Jill and Shrek's wedding because Kaylee and ever pliable Jonathan had it placed on their hearts to honor her parents.

I was thinking today another roadblock to the rod boys ever getting married is she would have to match them with a family that would let her take over a wedding.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5

Kaylee was shown filling out a registry at what appeared to be a local hardware store or some such thing a while back.

"Inspite of the constant pain in our hearts for the suffering my Mom is going through, life marches on. So, Kaylee, Renee and I had fun going and getting Kaylee registered for her Bridal Shower Registry. It was good to think about something cheery."

k reg.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 5

How can Carlin go to Arkansas to do a photoshoot for Joy with her medical issues? It irks me that they constantly talk about how these issues are debilitating and that she cannot be left alone, but she can fly to Arkansas whenever she feels like it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7