Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

For some reason I’m picturing Jill quickly packing up the RV and off to NY tomorrow at 6 am🤣

If that NY campground is comfortable (& free) and has suitable swimming ditches, I wish them good luck in ever getting rid of the Rods! 

• LOL 15

Did David bring his printing press along for the trip? Oh, Jill. 

The campground in NY sounds perfect for the Rods. It's their kind of Christian place with a lake, a pool, and a mini golf course. They can probably swim in the pool in their street clothes without persecution (but no fun in that). I doubt any of the campers would need converting, but the Rods might earn a few dollars for Jill and David's restaurant dates. 

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did David bring his printing press along for the trip? Oh, Jill. 

The campground in NY sounds perfect for the Rods. It's their kind of Christian place with a lake, a pool, and a mini golf course. They can probably swim in the pool in their street clothes without persecution (but no fun in that). I doubt any of the campers would need converting, but the Rods might earn a few dollars for Jill and David's restaurant dates. 

A Christian family camp would be a better use of funds for the Rods than the Plexus convention.  They may not make anything initially, but can network and find new churches to add on their tours.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

So the Lord impressed on David's heart that Tim's devotional night should be public?  Oh, my. I hope Tim didn't wander aimlessly in his inner dark places as he does in his creepy videos. 

The ramblings of an incel with no real life experience. Yay!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

694997B0-EA34-43A9-B6A7-BAD193EBBD9E.jpeg

I definitely like this idea better than going around and knocking on doors.  If someone wanted to come, they can and if not, they aren't bothered.  The Rods feel good for their effort.  Other than the flyers that Dave printed, and they handed or put out, they were doing this anyway in the rented cabin or the RV.  

No pictures of the room does indicate that not many showed up.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Jill and the brood never do anything for anyone else.  Can you imagine how different it would be if they volunteered, had a special cause they were devoted to, and shared that? Instead, she "saves" random souls and goes on her merry way.  Which equals a big, fat NOTHING.

She truly believes they are the Von Trapp family, singing and skipping through life.  Somebody said it even better, that they are like the Brady Bunch (movie version) stuck in their own time warp.  I am absolutely puzzled by how she has so successfully infantilized these children and adults.  Because the kids buy into this BS too.  How is there not one pouty rebellious teen in the bunch?  Who kicks rocks and thinks it's all stupid?  I always go back to the Turpin teens who were fans of the Biebs!!  Because even if the Rodlets are completely cut off from society, I can't believe one of them doesn't hate the lifestyle and itch to get out.  To instinctually know something is wrong.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Jill and the brood never do anything for anyone else.  Can you imagine how different it would be if they volunteered, had a special cause they were devoted to, and shared that? Instead, she "saves" random souls and goes on her merry way.  Which equals a big, fat NOTHING.

This is true of all of these hateful, hypocritical fundies. My heathen self volunteered more in just my twenties than any one of them will do during the courses of their lifetimes. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

That is my problem with people like this, they always have an ulterior motive! why can't people do something nice for someone without trying to "save them". I think it is more Christlike to do something good just for the sake of it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Because even if the Rodlets are completely cut off from society, I can't believe one of them doesn't hate the lifestyle and itch to get out.  To instinctually know something is wrong.

They know the consequences of acting out.    We only see what Jill shows us.   But you notice how miserable every looks.   Especially in background shots?   or the forced grins.   Behaving as anything but extremely excited to be part of the family gets  punishment.    Tim broke away for awhile and actually saw life without his mother standing next to him 24/7.    He got dragged back into it.   Now listen to him.   He's the object lesson to the other kids about the dangers of daring to get away from crazy momma.

• Like 1
  • Sad 19

What I want to know was who took the pics of the Rods performing? It wasn't Jill. She was in all the pictures. Maybe the person talking the pictures didn't get the memo about taking pictures of the attendees. 

(Or, one can hope, we're too embarrassed by the turnout to let people know they were singing to themselves).

• Like 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

What I want to know was who took the pics of the Rods performing? It wasn't Jill. She was in all the pictures. Maybe the person talking the pictures didn't get the memo about taking pictures of the attendees. 

(Or, one can hope, we're too embarrassed by the turnout to let people know they were singing to themselves).

I'm guessing it was Nathan.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That is my problem with people like this, they always have an ulterior motive! why can't people do something nice for someone without trying to "save them". I think it is more Christlike to do something good just for the sake of it. 

I should have added.... a few weeks ago, my friend's husband, who is very religious, had loaned his car out to a fellow missionary visiting in the area. The car broke down on the side of the road. This missionary did not have a cell phone to call for help. Along came a woman in a somewhat shabby car. She asked if he needed her to call for help. Of course he said yes and then he asked if she was a Christian! He was trying to save her! I said if I were her, I would have said none of our business and have Jesus call some help for you. I would have then left. 

I could so see jill doing this. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Their way of making a show of everything, holier than thou attitude makes them resemble to biblical Pharisees  Actually, from other sources I've read that the Pharisees were commendable philanthropists; it was the Sadducees who really deserved being shamed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think she is riding the bike barefoot? 
That must be so uncomfortable/painful. 

E017A304-3FFB-4E37-AE8C-E422CF53D8F9.jpeg

Also riding against traffic on what looks like a two way road, no helmets but that doesn't surprise me at all. Riding a bike barefoot is like continuously stepping on Lego,  very unpleasant. . 

• Sad 4
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9CB325DB-A383-48DB-B602-98B4721EE3C2.jpeg

954C1836-BA20-4457-B4FC-B73E2423D59C.jpeg

Why are the bulk of the girls wearing what look like bridesmaid/flower girl dresses and generally look ragtag, but the boys all look pretty decent.  I guess pink was Jill's accent color choice.  Must be Christmas card picture time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

9CB325DB-A383-48DB-B602-98B4721EE3C2.jpeg

954C1836-BA20-4457-B4FC-B73E2423D59C.jpeg

In case you forgot we were ON VACATION...

Aren't those the dresses the "little girlies" wore on their "special trip" with Mama to the mill? Yet there is the whole family, with the mill in the background. No special trip at all, just a photo shoot. More misrepresentation from BME. What a SEVERE shock.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

In case you forgot we were ON VACATION...

Aren't those the dresses the "little girlies" wore on their "special trip" with Mama to the mill? Yet there is the whole family, with the mill in the background. No special trip at all, just a photo shoot. More misrepresentation from BME. What a SEVERE shock.

Jill's comment on the mill

"Special times with my little girlies looking at a historical mill. I love them SO Much! "

wow, such a special time. They walked ahead or behind the family group for a few minutes while Mama filmed just them. Then they had their own photo shoot separate from the clan pic.

• Sad 10

LOL, we've had many barefoot discussions in this thread. I basically spent my childhood summers barefoot and that included riding my bike everyday. I can say for me, riding a bike barefoot is more comfortable than wearing some of the shoes I wore to formal occasions. 😁🙃

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

How many kids does Nurie have to have before she's exempt from/opts out of the annual "vacation?"

N&N probably figure that it’s easier to join their vacation than to have them all show up at her house. 

I hope that Nurie is meeting other young (and older experienced) moms in her community and somewhat breaks away from Jill and her schtick. Maybe she can be like Jill Dillard and realize that there’s more than Jill’s way of life and branch out and thrice. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

N&N probably figure that it’s easier to join their vacation than to have them all show up at her house. 

I hope that Nurie is meeting other young (and older experienced) moms in her community and somewhat breaks away from Jill and her schtick. Maybe she can be like Jill Dillard and realize that there’s more than Jill’s way of life and branch out and thrice. 

Jill Dillard is still onboard with her parents style of parenting, even after her father rejected her. I'm guessing the reason the boys go to public school is because Derick did, so I don't see her as having any realization or epiphany. 

I'm think if JillD and her sisters still have their Fundy beliefs, its unlikely Nurie will ever veer from the path before her.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Absolom said:

How many kids does Nurie have to have before she's exempt from/opts out of the annual "vacation?"

Going just by body language, she does see herself as having her own family separate from them. Yet, there she is every trip. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad 4
33 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She married a Keller.  Their church has the same beliefs she grew up with.  Nurie is not striking out on her own.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I imagine Nurie still wants to see her siblings.  As she has more children and her sisters get married and start families, I'm sure the big family vacations will begin to dwindle.  Maybe twice a year instead of once a quarter like they are now.  

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think once Nurie has 4-5 kids she will visit Jill once a year if that. At that point Jill/Dave will just move in with Nurthan. Nurie is her favorite after all.

Maybe Jill/Davy will give the Barndo to Nurthan as long as Jill can keep her bedroom with the ensuite and jetted tub. Nathan would have to find a new job, but who cares? 

The Barndo comes with Tim in the backyard trailer. Keeping Tim is part of the agreement. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I imagine Jill has dreams of future sons-in-law who can supply everyone with meals and presents.  However, who can know if fundie males will desire a connection with the Rodrigui.  Although many of them aren't big on social media, word has to get around about Jill the Grifter and her frequent visits, demanding to be present in her offspring's lives as much as possible.  The courting possibilities might disappear.  We all know the Rod males appear to be a lost cause.  They might find themselves stuck with a houseful of adult Rodlets!

• Like 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill/Davy will give the Barndo to Nurthan as long as Jill can keep her bedroom with the ensuite and jetted tub. Nathan would have to find a new job, but who cares? 

The Barndo comes with Tim in the backyard trailer. Keeping Tim is part of the agreement. 

Nurthan would get the upstairs attic. Tim is staying in that RV forever. Well unless Jill finds him a rich child free widow. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I imagine Jill has dreams of future sons-in-law who can supply only Jill/David  with meals and presents.  However, who can know if fundie males will desire a connection with the Rodrigui.  Although many of them aren't big on social media, word has to get around about Jill the Grifter and her frequent visits, demanding to be present in her offspring's lives as much as possible.  The courting possibilities might disappear.  We all know the Rod males appear to be a lost cause.  They might find themselves stuck with a houseful of adult Rodlets!

FIFY

• Sad 7
  • Love 1

It'll be interesting to see how things are when more of Jill's kids are married. How many of them are still going to show up to visit her? How many are going to break off from her? How many sons-in-laws are going to blow all their money on her? Probably not as many as she thinks if any of them. Nathan for whatever reason is now but a few more kids down the road? Probably not. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2