Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe Jill or Davis should go out and get a job to helP her parents.

Now, now, now, you know they were "called" to a "full time ministry."   Which looks part time to me since you only seeing him preaching on their grift trips.  

36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

So now Jill asks for cash gifts sent to a P.O box in Wooster. No way she isn't going to open them and skim the cash before taking the cards to daddy.

Yep.   Or she realized her dad won't fall for her crocodile tears and hand the money over to her.   So she has to grift some other way.    That's Jill, never met a situation she can't grift.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Oh my god.  The photo she posted of Tessie and gma is just.... why are you cheesing/posing with your grandma AND POSTING ON FB.  I mean, I know why.  But these people are deranged.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, ms.o said:

Oh my god.  The photo she posted of Tessie and gma is just.... why are you cheesing/posing with your grandma AND POSTING ON FB.  I mean, I know why.  But these people are deranged.  

Tessie had no choice in posing for that photo. When Jill needs money, the kids sing and smile for the camera. Jill will get the poor workhouse waifs in the photos as soon as she can. 

Just wait until Mama Noyes goes back to West Virginia. Things will really get expensive when Jill and the family start traveling back and forth in the guzzler. Jill and David will need lots of romantic restaurant dates and beach vacations to recover from the stress too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Just wait until Mama Noyes goes back to West Virginia. Things will really get expensive when Jill and the family start traveling back and forth in the guzzler. Jill and David will need lots of romantic restaurant dates and beach vacations to recover from the stress too. 

Nah, Jill will use one of the family's more fuel efficient vehicles and leave the majority of her brood at home.  Of course, she will leave this bit of info out of her posts and make her followers think she's using the RV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Nah, Jill will use one of the family's more fuel efficient vehicles and leave the majority of her brood at home.  Of course, she will leave this bit of info out of her posts and make her followers think she's using the RV.

She will probably use Phillip's new car. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Now, now, now, you know they were "called" to a "full time ministry."   Which looks part time to me since you only seeing him preaching on their grift trips. 

I think they way they say it is "they were burdened to take on full time ministry"

Phillip has been "burdened" to go to Hungary.

Timothy is trying to get his finances in order to take on the "burden" of marriage and starting a family.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

She will probably use Phillip's new car. 

Well, that's a good way to stop this college and Hungary adventure quickly. Gotta nip these things in the bud, or a Rodlet might decide there is some place better than home. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

When the mom goes back to WV, Jill will likely go back to her normal grifting and throw in progress notes for pity. But visit? I'm guessing visits will be few and far between.

Visits?  Or should we call them what they'll likely be of photo ops for grifting if her mother doesn't make a rapid recovery.  

• Like 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

When the mom goes back to WV, Jill will likely go back to her normal grifting and throw in progress notes for pity. But visit? I'm guessing visits will be few and far between.

Any 'visits' that take place will be purely that: Jill will pop in and eat a meal and take a dozen photos and/or videos and head on home.  She is not a caregiver by any stretch of the imagination.  She doesn't take care of her own kids; I don't see her going down to W Va to help her mother bathe or drive her to therapy or clean the house or shop or cook.  Jill is not wired that way.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Any 'visits' that take place will be purely that: Jill will pop in and eat a meal and take a dozen photos and/or videos and head on home.  She is not a caregiver by any stretch of the imagination.  She doesn't take care of her own kids; I don't see her going down to W Va to help her mother bathe or drive her to therapy or clean the house or shop or cook.  Jill is not wired that way.

Agree 100%. She's a taker, not a giver. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe Jill or David should go out and get a job to helP her parents. You know Jill is going to expect her own kids to contribute generously when she’s old and needs care.

I can’t believe Jill got Nurie to donate $100 for her grandpa.  When you are a young 20 something couple with a very low paid single income, and a baby with another on the  way, a hundred bucks is huge.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 13
  • Sad 16
(edited)
1 minute ago, Trillium said:

My grandparents, no matter how dire things were, would never EVER accept money from their grandchildren. Especially not one with soon to be two very young children. Wow. 

My parents would never had expected my son to give them a dime. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

I can’t believe Jill got Nurie to donate $100 for her grandpa.  When you are a young 20 something couple with a very low paid single income, and a baby with another on the  way, a hundred bucks is huge.

It's a lot less than when Nathan pays for the whole family to eat out😒

• Like 2
  • Sad 11
21 minutes ago, Trillium said:

My grandparents, no matter how dire things were, would never EVER accept money from their grandchildren. Especially not one with soon to be two very young children. Wow. 

And my parents would never let one of us kids pay the restaurant tab, even after we were married.

And Jill brags about young, low waged Nathan paying for Jill and David’s restaurant meals, more than once.  And buy Christmas trees for the family shortly after just having his own son to provide for.

Poor Jonathan has probably already been guilted to pony up restaurant meals for the Rod clan too.

• Sad 15
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

And my parents would never let one of us kids pay the restaurant tab, even after we were married.

And Jill brags about young, low waged Nathan paying for Jill and David’s restaurant meals, more than once.  And buy Christmas trees for the family shortly after just having his own son to provide for.

Poor Jonathan has probably already been guilted to pony up restaurant meals for the Rod clan too.

Since the Rod kids exist solely to pamper Best Momma Narcissist Ever, why would the sons- and daughters-in-law be any different? 

• Sad 9
  • Love 2

Screenshot from the video mentioned below:

69CF5FFD-2055-4F07-A77C-57787822E98A.jpeg

Jill’s post:

Watch this AMAZING video by my Daddy.  If you know him, you know he has one of the most tender hearts and is a GREAT man of faith!  😊🥰

Update on Ma today....  😢😭

From Daddy....

"Mom is looking a little more lethargic today. They just finished the ultrasound on her brain and certain arteries are a little agitated so they are increasing the drainage from her head. They are still giving her meds for clotting  and they like her blood pressure to be on the high side which it is so that it pumps the blood hard keeping the arteries open."

From Angie.....

"Ma keeps sleeping. When I spoke to her, she opened her eyes & looked right at me. It seemed like she wanted to say something but couldn't. And now she's sleeping again. She's acting as though she'a dreaming, moving her head from side to side. She also has a fever of 101.  They think the aggravation in her brain can cause her auto control of her temperature to not regulate her temperature well. They're checking for infection just to be sure."

With Timothy Noyes

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

That picture with Tessie is just gross for several reasons. I don’t fault Tessie, she’s only doing what her idiot parents tell her to do and it’s typical of the inappropriate photos Jill posts. But, this unmasked and likely unvaccinated child is all up in an elderly and unconscious stroke victim’s face. If they are so terrified of losing their matriarch, you’d think they’d be overly protective of her in current state. 

It's like she's taking a picture at a meet and greet with Mickey Mouse instead of her very sick and sleeping grandmother. It's really disturbing to me. It would be slightly less disturbing if she was awake but instead we get this, filtered no less, picture. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Imagine the possibilities for Jill's great show of grief if her mother dies, and she doesn't sound fabulous at the moment.

Agitated arteries though? What on earth is that.

I'm thinking the doctors called them inflamed and Jill's dad couldn't remember exactly what was said so he used agitated instead.  Or, Jill, being none too bright, just made up her own terminology in hopes of inspiring more donations.  

Her mom sounds like the typical elderly patient in this situation; one step forward and two steps back.  It is going to be weeks, probably months, before they'll have a clear idea of what her future will look like.

They all need to be told to step back and leave the poor woman alone, though.  

• Like 8
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's like she's taking a picture at a meet and greet with Mickey Mouse instead of her very sick and sleeping grandmother. It's really disturbing to me. It would be slightly less disturbing if she was awake but instead we get this, filtered no less, picture. 

Where is this picture? I went back a few pages and could not find it.

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

hey all need to be told to step back and leave the poor woman alone, though.

Usually hospitals are pretty good on enforcing the Rules.  Nurses are not to be messed with.   They take no nonsense from anyone.   But they are probably overworked and burnt out from the last 2 years and the last thing they need is to ride herd on the Rodriguii.  But eventually they will cross the wrong nurse and out on their dogly asses they will go.   With security being called if they return.

• Applause 6
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

For crying out loud, Jill did Pat's hair and painted her finger and toenails. The nurses are probably ready to throttle her. 

On reddit they are saying she got to her eyebrows too 😬

9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill also posted a pic of 16 weeks pregnant Nurie. She has no visible bump. 

Jill is bragging about how skinny she is, because of course she is. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot cropped:

1144789B-905E-4D74-BA0F-26C93B701FFC.jpeg

As odd as this might seem, when I have been in the hospital, I would make sure, if I could, to wash my hair every morning before breakfast. When I had pneumonia a few years ago, I did my make up! It made me feel more myself.  I guess Jill wanted to make her feel better? But she is barely alert. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

As odd as this might seem, when I have been in the hospital, I would make sure, if I could, to wash my hair every morning before breakfast. When I had pneumonia a few years ago, I did my make up! It made me feel more myself.  I guess Jill wanted to make her feel better? But she is barely alert. 

What I would like to know though - did Mom N wear nail polish regularly? I for one would 'wake up' and be like, what the hell, get this shit off me, because for me that's not the norm.

But oh goodness yes, I would like to 'wake up' with clean hair and a clean face.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I guess Jill wanted to make her feel better? But she is barely alert. 

I’m doubting it was to make her mother feel better. Because of Jill’s history, as we know it, this was about Jill.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

My mother was in ICU for almost 3 months, with transfers out along the line, and back to ICU. I personally wouldn’t have used any outside products on her. We used hospital provided lotions, kept her lips moist, did mouth care, and things of that nature.

• Like 3
  • Love 16

JillR did her mom’s hair etc just to post on SM so we all know how dedicated she is to her godly mom. So far it doesn’t seem like the GFM is pulling in too much $$. Maybe JillR is not such a great grifter after all. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

In the past when I was having surgery,  I was told NO nail polish. I thought it was something about being able to look at my nails to see if they were turning blue or something like that. Anyway, wouldn't they need to be able to see Pat's nail beds? Especially in her condition? Maybe I'm confused or they have changed those rules. Also I do understand that she is post-op and not pre-op, but it seems as if there is always the possibility they might have to do some other procedures.  

• Like 5
  • Love 16

I might have washed my hair, which is naturally curly. I just pulled it back with a headband but it felt clean. Otherwise, my scalp would get super itchy and flaky after two days. A couple of times I was in years ago, I brought make up and would do at least some eyeliner and mascara. One, it made me feel better and two, it gave me something to do while I lay there. Oh and three, I was not unconscious!!!  I would never do nail polish! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

When I had my thyroidectomy they let me keep my toes done, since I don't paint my fingernails and they could monitor that way. But...my toes were already done, and I wouldn't have dreamed of doing them in the hospital.

If Jill's mom is one who likes to keep her fingers done, that seems like an activity to do with her once she's advanced to rehab.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

When I had my thyroidectomy they let me keep my toes done, since I don't paint my fingernails and they could monitor that way. But...my toes were already done, and I wouldn't have dreamed of doing them in the hospital.

If Jill's mom is one who likes to keep her fingers done, that seems like an activity to do with her once she's advanced to rehab.

When my mom was in the nursing home, they had a woman (I think her mom was in there too), who would come in once a week and do the ladies nails. It made them happy and it was giving a bit of dignity they lose with the dementia. I think it would be appropriate for her to do when she is in rehab. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Pulse oximeters do not work well on people of color nor on people with fingernails painted with dark polish. I’m sure the nurses let out a big sigh every time they have to undo something this patient’s stupid family does to impede their work.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Pulse oximeters do not work well on people of color nor on people with fingernails painted with dark polish. I’m sure the nurses let out a big sigh every time they have to undue something this patient’s stupid family does to impede their work.

Thanks, I was wondering if the use of oximeters would allow people to retain their nail polish, but clearly it's not a good idea.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I would be willing to pay good money to be a fly on the wall at the nurses station. There's no way they don't talk amongst themselves about this batcrap crazy woman. 

I've been pleasantly surprised with my popularity with the nursing staff on my hospital stays.  They've often said that they'll miss me when I leave.  I guess because I almost never complain, talk optimisticly and have a sense of humor.

• Love 13

My mom used to work at a large university hospital in Connecticut and her favorite story was when the patriarch of the gypsy clan was admitted. Apparently the whole extended family camped out in the lobby of the hospital. They were all over the lobby with all kinds of stuff for over a week. Reminds me of something the Rodrigues clan might do. Maybe due to Covid restrictions they can’t do that, but I can just picture it.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Thanks, I was wondering if the use of oximeters would allow people to retain their nail polish, but clearly it's not a good idea.

I think some more recent studies have shown that dark polish is not as big of a deal as once thought, but some hospitals would rather err on the side of caution. I know my surgeon made me remove mine :(

• Useful 2
  • Love 2