Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And does Nurie listen to other people’s chatter and conversations in the airport and on the plane? Conversations that don’t include Jesus speak of any kind? Is she judging them or mildly curious about it all?

I'd like to think that if I were ever on a plane when she is flying alone and in ear shot of me, I wouldn't intenionally start telling my husband about this Rodrigues family. Knowing myself though, I would so do that just in hopes she would realize what a horrible family she is in.

• LOL 12
22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She was horrible about it. From saying she wasn't an important member of the church to getting pissed when they realized they had to pick her up from the hospital. IIRC, they left her in bed with just a glass of water on her nightstand. No food, no nothing. 

And then a few months later, Jill writes a screed about how some Christians feel they're better than others, but Christians shouldn't have "celebrities" because they are equal. That was probably aimed at the Duggars or the Bateses, but plank-in-her-eye Jill can't see the irony of her writing something like that. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

I'd like to think that if I were ever on a plane when she is flying alone and in ear shot of me, I wouldn't intenionally start telling my husband about this Rodrigues family. Knowing myself though, I would so do that just in hopes she would realize what a horrible family she is in.

Can you imagine what a spectacular Jill social media meltdown that would lead to?

• LOL 9

Back to the schoolwork for a moment. Jill has the kids' portfolios on the table. That leads me to believe they go with option 2. Jill mentioned assessments or some such, so I think this is the route she takes.

A written narrative indicating that a portfolio of samples of the child's work has been reviewed and that the child's academic progress for the year is in accordance with the child's abilities.

(a) The written narrative shall be prepared by:

(i) A licensed or certified teacher; or

(ii) Other person mutually agreed upon by the parent(s) and the superintendent

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, so the superintendent is allowing Jill to oversee testing and submit the assessment summaries? 

Jill is certainly not going to do the supervised standard tests. She tried that one year, and the kids were caught cheating. Obviously, the kids can't perform at the level of any test they would have to take. 

I'd bet the assessments Jill writes make very interesting reading. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And does Nurie listen to other people’s chatter and conversations in the airport and on the plane? Conversations that don’t include Jesus speak of any kind? Is she judging them or mildly curious about it all?

For sure she’s judging their sluttish attire. 

• Sad 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

So they release the video without the father being present. Jill’s pathological need for attention is sad. Hey MeMe, put the baby down and feed your starved kids. I can’t stand that reprehensible creature. I would not be surprised if Nurie was summoned. 

• Sad 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

So they release the video without the father being present. Jill’s pathological need for attention is sad. Hey MeMe, put the baby down and feed your starved kids. I can’t stand that reprehensible creature. I would not be surprised if Nurie was summoned. 

But Nurie is breeding for Jesus. 🙃 And like you said, how else is JillR going to keep feeding her narcissism? 🤬

• Love 5

THAT's why Nurie had to come to Ohio.   Jill couldn't fit a florida trip in her latest grifting tour with the current price of gas.   but no WAY was the gender announcement going to be made without her.   The actual father being present?   Pfff, it is it laugh.   JILL must have her moment (century) in the sun.   So Nathan had to shell out for plane tickets to send his pregnant wife and baby son to MeMe for the dog and pony show.   Maybe he figured it was cheaper than keeping BME and GWE fed while visiting him.

• Sad 13
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SMama said:

This is what I thought as well, because Jill must be part and parcel of anything having to do with Nurie and/or babies.  The fact that Jill plans to film and post a gender reveal without Nathan being there is weird - why couldn't Nurie and Nathan just do a reveal from home?  

I mean, I know the answer - it's not about the gender reveal at all, it's about Jill.  If Nurie does this from Florida, Jill can't be in the video.  I just wonder how Nathan feels about this, and if he and Nurie are already of the mind that it's much easier to just give into what Jill wants.  It does make me wonder what Jill is like when she doesn't get what she wants.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Maybe he figured it was cheaper than keeping BME and GWE fed while visiting him.

This.  When it's cheaper to purchase a round-trip plane ticket for your wife versus going with her and then having to fork over everything in your wallet to keep his in-laws elbow-deep in breadsticks and pasta, I'm sure it was a no-brainer. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Zella said:

Can you imagine what a spectacular Jill social media meltdown that would lead to?

I sure could! One of the reasons I would spew the hate! 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This.  When it's cheaper to purchase a round-trip plane ticket for your wife versus going with her and then having to fork over everything in your wallet to keep his in-laws elbow-deep in breadsticks and pasta, I'm sure it was a no-brainer. 

I also wonder if he really can't stand Jill but his wife wanted to see her family, so he sent them and used the "too busy to go" excuse? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I am so so sick of gender reveals!  Who the f cares?  It’s a 50 % chance of being either!

I am amused that Nurie is featured in the picture, but her headship is crouching down to be out of the shot.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I am amused that Nurie is featured in the picture, but her headship is crouching down to be out of the shot.

Even more reason why he is staying home. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

They were spraying them with silly string, so Nathan was ducking.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wasn't it in the gender reveal for Nemo that Jonathon was first spotted and the speculation began about possible courtship between him and Kaylee or Renee?

Maybe we should be on the lookout in today's announcement for Timbits or Renee to have a possible courtship partner randomly appear in Jill's video. 😂

• Wink 6
  • LOL 1

I think we give Nathan too much credit when we think that he sees through Jill and David and their parenting.   Don't forget who his parents are or the family he comes from.                I think Nathan is right on board with them.   He probably doesn't care about being at the gender reveal since babies are Nurie's business and he already has a son.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I think we give Nathan too much credit when we think that he sees through Jill and David and their parenting.   Don't forget who his parents are or the family he comes from.                I think Nathan is right on board with them.   He probably doesn't care about being at the gender reveal since babies are Nurie's business and he already has a son.  

I think we "hope" that he is that way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 6/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, Cinnabon said:

I’m over here still flabbergasted as well. And I need someone to tell us more about his creepy preaching out in the woods.

I don’t think the guy is playing with a full deck.  I mean, not only is he marrying a Rodrigues, but he preached an entire sermon about an ink pen.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Nathan has spoken out against SM so he probably figured sending Nurie to BME is the path of least resistance for a SM post about baby #2’s gender.

I sort of think Nurthan filmed the reveal already, and Jill is holding it to release this evening. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I sort of think Nurthan filmed the reveal already, and Jill is holding it to release this evening. 

Maybe, but I can't see Jill not being there physically for the reveal. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If that's the case, why the heck would Jill make Nurie fly to Ohio, pregnant, and with a baby, and without Nathan?

Hahahaha, just kidding.  Because it's Jill.  If the video has already been filmed, you can be darn sure she double-downed on making Nurie be there in person when Jill releases it to the 4 people that care on social media.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/8/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cinnabon said:

Any details on the content of the sermon?

Jill forced the kids to yell out “Amen, brother!” after Jonathan gave the mini-sermon.  I watched it right after she posted it, and I found it to be creepy as fk.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm a little creeped out how quickly and easily Jonathan seems to be settling in--basement apartment, mystery job, barefoot hikes and impromptu sermons in the woods, beige slop dinners, and Crazy Jilly as his mother-in-law to be. Poor guy must have had a sad childhood if this looks better. 

• Sad 12
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm a little creeped out how quickly and easily Jonathan seems to be settling in--basement apartment, mystery job, barefoot hikes and impromptu sermons in the woods, beige slop dinners, and Crazy Jilly as his mother-in-law to be. Poor guy must have had a sad childhood if this looks better. 

Or he isn't the brightest guy around. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He'd have to be pretty dumb to think marrying into the RodPod is a good thing. 

Perhaps not dumb but naïve, sheltered, and like Ben, sex.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Perhaps not dumb but naïve, sheltered, and like Ben, sex.

I dunno. In the clips where we've seen him speak, he doesn't seem very bright. 

But I agree that he's sheltered and naive. All these kids are.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

My bad, after listening to the Rods for the first time on the video about their engagement I’m still traumatized by the YASSSS and plain creepy affect. So if I watch any videos it will be muted. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Dim and horny. Damn what a great choice for a husband.

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 17
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

This is good from Jill's perspective. Jill has to be the smartest person in the room; she doesn't want competition from her sons- and daughters-in-law. Even Nathan must look like a threat to her dominance. I don't see Jonathan worrying Jill by making any independent decisions. He has been assimilated.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That may be why his family was so willing to ship him off to Ohio. 

• Sad 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He has the same voice situation that the Rodlets all have. Sheltered. Naïve. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

This just showed up when I swiped, I was not looking for it. Pastor Nathan has made it clear how he feels about SM. But here is his narcissistic MIL whoring his wife and son for clicks. Nathan, grow a pair or give up the gig. I intentionally cropped N&N, I have more integrity than Nathan. 

33BD69F9-03F1-43C9-9985-472BF9F467BD.thumb.jpeg.affdfd02b27b11ac087a2bd65bf13874.jpeg

Good, they should have all boys. It will deny BME the opportunity to have a granddaughter named after her. 😂

Edited by SMama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1