Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Joy was at Lawson's wedding, so I'm guessing they all were invited. I wonder who else besides JB, Jana and JD went.

James, Jason, Jeremiah, and Hannah. I didn’t know Joy attended.

Edited, just saw Carlin’s Instagram picture with Joy. Carlin is posting a ton of pictures from the wedding. Lawson hasn’t even posted the video of the wedding yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

16791A8E-59BD-4250-BDA3-AD6AA2F53BBB.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Been there multiple times and love it. Elliot Ness?  John D Rockefeller?  James A Garfield?  Quite the history and some beautiful stones and mausoleums to boot.  The Tiffany windows in Garfield's mausoleum are exquisite.  Daffodil hill is not to be missed in spring.  What I've never done is take selfies there, and, were I to be riding a bike, I would never prop it against a headstone.

The Rods are such ignorant a**es who have repeatedly shown disrespect to places that are important to others.  They suck.  As for their 'old fashioned' values, it seems respect for history and the property of others isn't among them.

Add my man Michael Stanley to that list. Plus... how often can you actually see the burial place of an actual US President? We are so fortunate!

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Geometry can be helpful in knitting and baking, too — not that Jill would ever let Phillip do women’s work or anything where he might be able to snag some food. 

I bake a lot and the Lord named Daniel knows how often I use maths when I double recipes!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AC0B74F9-6857-40D2-9877-E160816DB5BE.jpeg

D07F65D0-6A0F-455E-9203-261794D6206A.jpeg

This family blesses me time and time again!  They stick by OLD FASHIONED values, they don't compromise, give up or waver.  They stand strong in the the power of God's might!  What a STELLAR example they are to the young generation, who seem to be bending and  compromising (in the droves) on CORE, Biblical issue.  😢  Thank you, Nathan & Nurie!  We love all four of you MORE than you know!  You are all in our daily prayers.  Xoxo  ❤️ 

P.S.  They just heard their baby #2's heartbeat on Wednesday!  Hallelujah!  😊🥰

1. Did Jill go over Tessie’s eyebrows with a (fine tipped) Sharpie?

2. possibilities for “old-fashioned values”: combining plaid and paisley, ensuring women’s eyebrows resemble sperm, ensuring young women remain rail-thin, allowing only men to wear jeans/pants, producing abundant evidence of frequent  heterosexual sex of the reproductive variety.

4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And I’m not sure what period of history she means by “old fashioned.” The 40s? The 50s?

Could be any time women were chattel/property? However, back in those times PLEXUS DIDN'T EXIST!!! What would Jill have done? Certainly--if this was a time during which makeup was acceptable--she would have gotten lead and mercury poisoning by liberal use of makeup. 

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Edited, just saw Carlin’s Instagram picture with Joy. Carlin is posting a ton of pictures from the wedding. Lawson hasn’t even posted the video of the wedding yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

If that’s from the actual wedding, Joy looks way underdressed. She’s been to enough weddings to know better. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kbo said:

If that’s from the actual wedding, Joy looks way underdressed. She’s been to enough weddings to know better. 

Fundie weddings tend to be such a weird mish-mash of outfits, though. I doubt she was alone in being underdressed, and therefore saw nothing wrong with it.

Heck, all the pictures Whitney Bates posted of the wedding show Zach (the groom's own brother) wearing just a button down shirt and khaki-type pants... no tie, no jacket. And Whitney's own dress, though mainly obscured by children/ camera angles, didn't really look any fancier than Joy's. Granted the shiny jacket isn't doing Joy any favors, but I guess she forgot to pack a cardigan.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Joy was at Lawson's wedding, so I'm guessing they all were invited. I wonder who else besides JB, Jana and JD went.

JB must have been appalled when he saw the bride’s dress. Nike! 

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

WTF is Joy wearing? And barefoot at a wedding?  She is truly a hillbilly. 

ETA - looks sunburnt, too. Bring on those premature wrinkles!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 4
45 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

JB must have been appalled when he saw the bride’s dress. Nike! 

WTF is Joy wearing? And barefoot at a wedding?  She is truly a hillbilly. 

ETA - looks sunburnt, too. Bring on those premature wrinkles!

She’s not barefoot, she has on slides or sandals that are taupe colored. But I do agree they are not a great choice for a wedding unless it’s on a beach.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

At least Lawson didn't sing about how he'd be loyal to Tiffany. She and Lawson deserve each other. I don't know whose ego is more inflated.

Why would Nurthan announce before they heard the heartbeat? 

Because Jill made them and she’s an idiot?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

WTH is up with Carlin??  Her face looks like a corpse’s!! 😱

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Jill took her six kids on a bike ride to a cemetery? Do the Rods own seven bicycles, or did Jill ride and the rest jog behind her? Why does Tessie need sperm eyebrows and a full face of makeup to hike to a cemetery and listen to Best Momma preach about death, hell, and Jesus? Jill's posts are so very odd. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

She’s not barefoot, she has on slides or sandals that are taupe colored. But I do agree they are not a great choice for a wedding unless it’s on a beach.

My bad, then. I saw bare feet, but my vision is not the best.

6 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What ? People believe that? 

(comment under the cemetery post)

C166AB04-346F-44A8-A006-18ACC1BB83ED.jpeg

Oh, FFS. I think my eyes just rolled into the very back of my head. 🤦‍♀️

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

People can be stupid.

What an understatement!

• LOL 8
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Wow, she's really a bitch to everyone living or dead. I always wonder who the person or people at each grave site were. Were they in the army or an artist? A mother with several children or a woman who traveled the world. Maybe owned her own business. 

• Love 7

I love the peace and quiet of cemeteries, and when I visit North East  Iowa I spend time in about 11 of them where I have family.  I do a lot of genealogy research which involves reading a lot of census records.  It's a bit scary when I can actually start recognizing family headstones other than my own family.  "Oh, there is the Jones family.  They lived on 3rd Ave in 1930". Or "there's the Pelner family.  Their daughter was confirmed with my aunt Margaret in 1927".  It is truly amazing how much information--much of it useless-- the brain can store.  I am usually alone in any cemetery I visit, but I would be greatly upset to see a group like the Rods exhibiting such great disrespect and running amok. I find their behavior appalling.  (True story:  I was visiting my great-grandmother's grave, and, as usual, I was the only living person there.  A man in a truck pulling trailer with a digger stops by my car, gets out, and asks me where he is supposed to dig.  I said I was just visiting, and had no idea.  Needless to say, I was a bit surprised.  Soon he came back to tell me he found the marked gravesite and did the job.  I guess he felt he needed to report back to me!)

• Love 10

"Jill has written one book thus far". 🤣 The garage ink isn't even dry on that book and Jill seems to be making sure it stays out of mainstream hands.(Actual picture of the inside of Jill's book - 📖)

And... "social media ministries". 🤣😂🤔🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's been very ill. She had no place traveling cross country for a wedding. 

I didn’t know that.  What illness?

10 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Apparently she's got some competition... (also, speaking of fundie wedding fashion...)

8r3hgoncajz81.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&a

It’s a wedding and JBoob is wearing a baseball cap?

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E3064F2B-D772-4579-A1BE-85CD948C6FF7.jpeg

CA118CA4-EEC9-43DC-8AA6-F727D1B3A516.jpeg

7B151929-CC10-4CF5-AA35-BFD42AB20CD8.jpeg

In the information about Jill in the first picture, it says she " serves heavily " in her church. I wouldn't doubt that there are people in the congregation who feel the weight of her service and truly wish she would lighten up. I would imagine she is difficult to bear on a regular basis.

Edited by Liddy52
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

So Jill took her six kids on a bike ride to a cemetery? Do the Rods own seven bicycles, or did Jill ride and the rest jog behind her? Why does Tessie need sperm eyebrows and a full face of makeup to hike to a cemetery and listen to Best Momma preach about death, hell, and Jesus? Jill's posts are so very odd. 

I wondered this as well so i watched the video without sound. There were several bikes laying around so Jill must have recently grifted some bikes. The some of the bikes looked a bit small for the sizes of the "children" shown in the video. Not sure Tessie or Hannah would be allowed to ride a boys style bmx bike.

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Did a teenager write that?

Chronologically or emotionally? Either way, the writer is an excellent example of homeschooling gone wrong. I don't think Jill wrote it because there aren't enough capital letters and exclamation marks for her style. She certainly enjoyed providing the "facts" of how wonderful she is. 

12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Yes. I know a few people who are sure that any day now they'll be floating up and waving bye to the rest of us. I'm not holding my breath on this. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Chronologically or emotionally? Either way, the writer is an excellent example of homeschooling gone wrong. I don't think Jill wrote it because there aren't enough capital letters and exclamation marks for her style. She certainly enjoyed providing the "facts" of how wonderful she is. 

Yes. I know a few people who are sure that any day now they'll be floating up and waving bye to the rest of us. I'm not holding my breath on this. 

And I can’t wait until they’ve floated far away from me. Bring it on! 
If I register my social media posts as a “ministry,” will I be exempt from paying taxes? 😆

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Did a teenager write that?

The last line had me rolling, because as we all know, Jill does what she does for her own sake....she just uses Jesus conveniently.

• Love 11
(edited)

I wonder why Jill didn't mention this, from the ashland temple site:

"Guest Speaker David Rodrigues

May 15, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Join us as the Rodrigues family ministers to us through music and the preaching of the Word."

Surely they got hit hard for donations to Phillip's bible skoolin fund

the video jill posted of the ladies retreat where they were playing some sort of game appeared to be a bunch of empty tables and a table full of rod girls.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Nothing says grift more than Jill in a church. Maybe the Ashland Baptist people will come up with a free car for Phillip. 

Are the Rods branching out as they've overstayed their welcome at their home church?

• LOL 7
34 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Are the Rods branching out as they've overstayed their welcome at their home church?

More like they’ve grifted to the max at their home church so they need to branch out. I imagine it doesn’t take long for a congregation to get wise to the ways of the Rods so anytime they can go somewhere new, off they go. 

• Love 13