Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Looks like two of Evan’s sister are not married (last name Stewart). If that is still the case I wonder if they live with the parents. Evan’s family dotes on Layla, one of his sisters cried when they left the last family vacation because the family had not seen her in a long time. 

(edited)

According to the 'Fanipedia', Ethan was married last year and Ashley is the sister who had a baby recently.

The kids are pretty spread out with large gaps, except for the first two. The rest have gaps of approximately 4 years, 6 years, 3 years and 4 years. At one point they had kids ages, 19, 18, 13, 7, 4 and newborn - yikes.

26 year old Evan and 36 year old Ashley just had babies within weeks of each other.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2

Reality will hit Carlin today - Evan returns to work. Of course she does live near family so maybe her mom or sisters will come and help.

I don't get these Fundy moms who freak over having to care for more than one kid without help.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Kaylee got into her part in the skit. I thought she did a good job. I admit I didn’t watch it to the end, though.

I watched part of it too.  I just found it sad - she actually did a decent job and was having fun with it and getting some laughs - but of course if there is a seed of talent there, JillRod will make sure it's completely snuffed out before Kaylee can actually do anything with it.

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Reality will hit Carlin today - Evan returns to work. Of course she does live near family so maybe her mom or sisters will come and help.

I don't get these Fundy moms who freak over having to care for more than one kid without help.

When I had my 3rd, my mother came for 2 weeks.  She left when he was 11 days old.  The next day my husband left on a business trip for a few days.  My older two were almost 4 and almost 2.  We all survived.  

Evan is going to work today but he will be home this evening.  If 8-10 hours alone is too much for Carlin to handle then she should rethink having a large family.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars and Bateses women freak out with a second kid because they grew up with Pez dispenser mothers who did not break a sweat having multiple children. They were too busy to realize it was their sister mom skills that made it happen. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Kaylee’s voice in the play was much nicer than the usual Rodlet oddball way of speaking. Maybe once she’s married she will speak more normally.

Y'all will think I'm nuts, but Kaylee reminded me of Rachel Brosnahan in that skit.  It came to me in the middle of the night.

21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is the bridesmaid next to the bride wearing a gray t-shirt under her dress?  

Kaylee and Renee actually look like the stylish ones for once.

Maybe she went to the gym beforehand and just threw the dress on in the locker room?! 

I am speechless at the hot mess… 

• LOL 11
  • Love 11

I’m thinking deep thoughts ya all. Olive Garden or Applebees for dinner? We like to eat ya all. Yum yum. Maybe we will even feed Janessa this week. 

Don’t mind my dead eyed stare it just means plexus kicked it. Yay  plexus!

37C83905-8812-4FEE-98C9-C0D5FE5A001C.jpeg

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Jesus F. Christ! If you insist on wearing stupid t-shirts under a formal gown, 1) don't pick an old stretched out t-shirt that doesn't even match anything. At least look like you tried; 2) don't wear a short sleeved t-shirt under sheer sleeves; 3) hem your damn dress so you don't break any body parts; 4) or just wear a dress that doesn't need a stupid modesty t-shirt underneath! There are enough Fundy weddings going on that I'm sure bridesmaid's dresses can be borrowed back and forth, no?

They sell perfectly fine "fake" camis at CVS drug store that would look 1000x better than... this...

Kaylee (or whichever Rodlet that is) also has a t-shirt on but at least it blends with the dress. Still looks bad though. What a sad rag tag ensemble they are.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Took me a while to locate hunky and his bride. Hunky was hiding behind his son. 

Nuri didn’t go?

8C2DA1B4-4FBC-4F93-82BB-29E8506A1435.jpeg

"Void of the Keller Family?"  

I read that weird at first and thought, why is she talking about "voiding?"  Too much Plexus?

Still weird, and trademark Jill - look at all of us at this lovely family gathering, minus Nurie - who is going to be receiving a scathing phone call from BME about why she and Nathan couldn't drop everything and drive to wherever this festive purple shindig was occurring.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

With my initial first glance at the post I thought it was satire and the girls were dressed in FLDS attire. On closer inspection, I kind of wish I was right.

Omg, yes! It's like when regular people dress as the Duggars for Halloween.

I know these people don't have a lot of money, but really? That girl put a gray $4 Walmart t-shirt under her bridesmaid dress? The whole ensemble is tragic. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Jesus F. Christ! If you insist on wearing stupid t-shirts under a formal gown, 1) don't pick an old stretched out t-shirt that doesn't even match anything. At least look like you tried; 2) don't wear a short sleeved t-shirt under sheer sleeves; 3) hem your damn dress so you don't break any body parts; 4) or just wear a dress that doesn't need a stupid modesty t-shirt underneath! There are enough Fundy weddings going on that I'm sure bridesmaid's dresses can be borrowed back and forth, no?

They sell perfectly fine "fake" camis at CVS drug store that would look 1000x better than... this...

Yes, I usually don't notice ( or pay attention) to what people wear. Most of the time when someone here  comments about someone who is wearing something odd I have to go back and look at  picture to see what I missed. This picture, even I looked at it and thought ` I could do better` and I have negative fashion sense. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 9

A 3-pack of camis are under $10.00 at Walmart. They wear it like underwater, so by the time these girls are in their late teens they should have dozens to pick from in ever color.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Purple vests?!!!

I immediately noticed the lack of hems on the bridesmaids dresses. Aren’t these fundy girls taught basic sewing skills? I flunked the sewing portion of Home Ec in junior high (my one and only F) but even I can hem a dress!

The second thought that occurred to me is all of the dresses look like mother of the bride dresses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

The second thought that occurred to me is all of the dresses look like mother of the bride dresses. 

And the one special grandmother of the bride dress.

image.png.509ae6d872aa91c0ee12a0b373be7f84.png

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

This grandmother would NOT wear that!

9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's going live tonight at 9ET with a very special announcement. She's listed the usual suspects as possibilities, plus she added Nurie #2 or a Kaylee wedding date. 

🤦‍♀️ 

DD80CF44-BD22-43E4-AE24-CB1EF1E8292E.jpeg

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Purple vests?!!!

I immediately noticed the lack of hems on the bridesmaids dresses. Aren’t these fundy girls taught basic sewing skills? I flunked the sewing portion of Home Ec in junior high (my one and only F) but even I can hem a dress!

And the purples don't match! Ugh, I know it's not really important, but at least pick purples from the same side of the color wheel instead of a blue purple AND a red purple.

Also, instead of the ill-fitting t-shirts under the bridesmaids gowns...just choose another gown that doesn't gape in the front? Or did they get them all from a wedding consignment and that's why one of them doesn't match? (But isn't the maid of honor, so it makes no sense!) But even if you HAVE to have these gowns, you can sew or even safety pin the two halves in front to be "modest" without wearing a grey t-shirt underneath.

• Love 10

I know everyone is looking at those horrible dresses and various shades of purple, but I cannot get over that mural behind the altar.  I assume someone with artistic "talents" gifted the church that painting or mural.  If the church actually paid money for that, I would have asked for a refund.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know everyone is looking at those horrible dresses and various shades of purple, but I cannot get over that mural behind the altar.  I assume someone with artistic "talents" gifted the church that painting or mural.  If the church actually paid money for that, I would have asked for a refund.

It looks like the work of 5th graders. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Saw a few pictures of Nurthan on David and Priss’s Instagram. Looks like they were at some sort of pastors conference together. They actually looked happy and I bet no one expected Nathan to pick up the tab for multiple things for 14 or more people.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

You mean great grandmother! Yikes, just how old is this girl? On the plus side, she didn't have to wear a tee under it. 

41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

Nathan and Nurie or the wedding date. Timothy is not courting and God forbid Jill is pregnant. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It looks like the work of 5th graders. 😂

It could have been a youth group project, but I suspect some 'artistic' parishioner painted it as a love offering to the church.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I was looking for the flying monkeys and poppy field.

• LOL 16
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Normally Jill says they’re going to go live. For this, she’s “going to do a post”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah, I am picked up on that after I made my announcement post. That points to it being Nurie, since she can't be there live.

• Useful 2
Just now, beckie said:

It's probably either the wedding date or a sibling for Nemo.

As far as the wedding, which of Jill's sisters does the bride belong?

The bride is oldest sister Lisa's daughter. Lisa's oldest son is in the military. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

I cannot believe that Jill posted that she might be pregnant. She needs to get over herself. No way that Tim is courting!! Has to be a wedding date or baby#2

• Love 8

I cannot imagine a life so boring, that these are the top five multiple choice questions about it. Isn’t Easter coming up? The brother and sister moms must be busy preparing their fire hazard of a room for the great Rod trash bag Easter egg hunt. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

Awww, Jilly. Nobody cares. Really, we are all just here to snark. And it's most likely Nemo's getting a baby sibling. I think we all noticed Nurie's chestical area being a little larger in the last few pictures. And if that is the case, good for Nurthan, if that is what they want! Nobody needs a "Special! Live! Announcement!" *eye roll*

• LOL 5
  • Love 1