Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

She got vendor tables. Guess who will be selling plexus? And probably her book 🙄

I saw a lot of chairs. At least 50. That many women want to PAY $ to see Jill? Are they all brain damaged?

Well, we don't know how many are drinking Plexus..............   They may very well be brain damaged.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

That was 2017, with this lovely announcement written by Jill:

”We are happy to announce that Jill Rodrigues (ministry wife and mother to 12), Amy Foster (quadriplegic and wife and mother to 6) and Angie Hillegass (wife and mother to 7) will be speaking at a ladies’ retreat(coordinated by Jill Rodrigues) on October 20th – 21stof this year! ”

The lack of proper grammar/punctuation in Jill's write-up is making me itchy. Usually, Jill has never met a comma she doesn't like. In this instance, she needs a few, especially in her description of poor Amy. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well isn’t it nice to be known as a quadriplegic only (said sarcastically). Nothing else about Amy is important according to Jill.

Jill is such a mean/nasty witch. Wouldn’t it be nice if all she is known by is her SEVERELY injured knee and selling poison and starving her PRECIOUS children ?

She also made sure to mention the amount of children they all have so she can look even more super special because she has the mostest. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

JillR has maybe 5 more years to use her kids for pity grifts. In 4 years she will only have 5 minor children. Assuming Tim and the 3rd NotNurie are married by then, that would leave 9 children at home, 4 adults ages 18 - 23 and 5 not so little ones ages 8 - 17.  As each year passes and more leave the nest, they will look less like starving vagabonders and more like lazy grifters.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR has maybe 5 more years to use her kids for pity grifts. In 4 years she will only have 5 minor children. Assuming Tim and the 3rd NotNurie are married by then, that would leave 9 children at home, 4 adults ages 18 - 23 and 5 not so little ones ages 8 - 17.  As each year passes and more leave the nest, they will look less like starving vagabonders and more like lazy grifters.

It’s more likely that NotNurie2.0 will be married by then. I SEVERELY doubt TimBits will be married. What good would that do for her? She needs new wallets to marry into that family to keep them fed at The Good Olive Garden. A female DIL would only mean competition for JillyBean (at least in her mind).

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

A female DIL would only mean competition for JillyBean (at least in her mind).

Nah, DILs are for doing all the housework when there are no kids left at home.    From the Discworld Wiki on Nanny Ogg:   Nanny lives her life exactly as she wishes, and her daughters-in-law are those who make that possible. If the floors aren't scrubbed, or her breakfast not served on time, there are consequences. Nanny never remembers their names, either.

I can see Jill being a (lot) less fun version of Nanny Ogg to her DIL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Well I’m a petty gal:

im beyond thrilled Jilldo did not get something she desired, the plexus retreat! I know she wanted to go! Ha I’m glad she didn’t get it. Guess she isn’t as high up on the MLM level as she thought!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

She is selling Plexus 🙄

Her voice sounded normal and her laugh was normal! So she has a normal voice and that Creepy/makes my skin crawl voice and laugh. 

Chunky bride can use a psychiatrist or 2…

That video was a mess. Interesting that Jill said Plexus helped her with gut health since she’s had a “problem with constipation” since she was a child. Liar, she’s still full of it!

• LOL 19
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope no one scrimped and saved grocery money to attend this retreat, expecting it to be professional in any way. 

But wait aren't they getting jelly beans? 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The cost to attend wasn't much, well under $100. Of course, they had to pony up for a hotel room and probably breakfast. I doubt the hotel comped them. 

The retreat is only one night, and JIll certainly gets a group rate on the rooms. Breakfast the second day would probably be part of the room deal, and there's some kind of cold lunch that Jill and her helpers put together that day. Dinner the first night is on the attendees, with Jill holding court in the hotel dining room. 

For a couple, the attendance fee, room, gasoline, and dinner would come to $200-250. That would not be an insignificant amount of money for some of these people. 

The primary benefit for most of the women is a night away from home. Any men who come get to sit in a bare conference room with Shrek and assorted Rod boys. It might beat sitting at home yelling at the kids. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5FCEB005-61B8-44DC-B060-8B53B1F28ADB.jpeg

6A418F13-46A6-4444-9BD1-7240C492E09B.jpeg

That’s is one ugly necklace. Jill looks RUFF and CHUNKY.

Fuck, in real life she looks so rough! And she is a hefty lass. She needs to remember that her filtered-to-fuck photos lie.

I dont hate the necklace per se, but it's too much, what with the lacy top, the earrings, etc. She has no idea of "less is more".

If she has been constipated since childhoof, perhaps, maybe, just maybe.........consult a Doctor? Stop eating crap? Eat some prunes and drink some lukewarm water first thing in the morning, Eat an apple (you know, fruit. That stuff you never touch?)

Edit, saw this on Reddit and thought of Frilly - what WOULD she say to the fact that is a BOY?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fashionhistory/comments/tozxjh/1631_aggeus_johannes_castlanis_portrait_of_a/

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin (Bates) Stewart is in labor. Hope everything goes well. 

I was just coming to share the same thing.

These are pics of Carlin weeks apart. Au naturel and IG ready. I mean she's pretty either way, but what a drastic difference.

image.png.e8f04d3d4040092938346a75b7c26b6e.pngimage.png.6301536566ec2494ea611abfb8c81611.png

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

These are pics of Carlin weeks apart. Au naturel and IG ready. I mean she's pretty either way, but what a drastic difference.

image.png.e8f04d3d4040092938346a75b7c26b6e.pngimage.png.6301536566ec2494ea611abfb8c81611.png

Wow.  I honestly didn’t recognize her in the first pic.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The earrings Jill is wearing look like those the Not-Nuries make for their Etsy shop. Jill probably found the necklace in a thrift store and commissioned a pair of matching earrings. 

No way did the not-Nurie’s make those earrings. They are too symmetrical. And they do not seem to be made from the same faux leather crap they tend to use.

• Love 8
On 3/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, iwantcookies said:

5225B4CB-EA78-4BE9-8F84-34571B36BB76.jpeg

BDD89067-7D2F-45E7-90B0-61428DBFBF03.jpeg

Too bad Tessie didn’t shave BME head

“Had fun” = was commanded to do my fake hair in this many hairdos at 3 am after already being awake for 23 hours and then tell me how she (and all my 11 other children at home) couldn’t possibly decide which was most attractive because “Mama, you are sooooo beautiful in your constant desire to magnify and glorify the Lord in every single thing you do that it doesn’t matter that I spent the last three hours doing your hair. You can wear it however you want, because your godliness will shine through! Also, you are my best friend and the BEST Mama ever and I want to be just like you when I grow up. And I LOVE what you’ve done with my eyebrows this past year.”

• Love 4
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She kinda reminds me of Idina Menzel, especially the bottom picture.

• Love 5

Baby Boy Bates/Evans has had 3 unmasked visitors before he's a day old. 😬

And does Carlin know what's in her lotion. What a lovely leaf - dead center. 🤣

image.png.3dedeb52b9a2b12120c4e98bdd2ace66.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 11

What will Jill’s  decorations be for next year? 

Dates for next year’s retreat 
March 24-25,2023 
Theme: “Sparrows” 
Luke 12:7b “Fear not therefore: Ye are of more value than many sparrows.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

March 24-25,2023 

Oh no. It will look like a scene from The Birds. 🤣 And wanna bet not one bird decoration will actually be a sparrow? 🐦😂

• LOL 19
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

March 24-25,2023 

Not all of the sparrows, though, there are sparrows more important than you. 😁

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh no. It will look like a scene from The Birds. 🤣

I immediately thought of that movie.  I'm visualizing "The Revenge of the Sparrows" on Jill and her crowd and it ain't pretty!

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I see this whole Group follows Jill’s Rules of Random capitalization.

"We may have come a day earlier."  Well, did you or didn't you?

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

32584023-446C-4414-A62E-AA120F0DF66A.jpeg

79CE9A32-BF3F-41D1-B94E-318609E1D5D1.jpeg

E252A6E1-B517-4D70-90BA-61E4B2CB1154.jpeg

Looking at that top picture, I can see myself picking out a similar outfit/accessories. Then I can see myself actually looking in the mirror and SEVERELY paring the whole getup down. But, yeah, whatever that says about me, I can see it seeming like a good idea in my mind. Except that I know that much as I wish I looked good in yellow, I just don't 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I see this whole Group follows Jill’s Rules of Random capitalization.

Or Jill stole her phone and posted that on her behalf; she may not even have noticed yet. ;)

5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

32584023-446C-4414-A62E-AA120F0DF66A.jpeg

79CE9A32-BF3F-41D1-B94E-318609E1D5D1.jpeg

E252A6E1-B517-4D70-90BA-61E4B2CB1154.jpeg

Jill wasn’t able to filter that picture, was she?!  Are those age spots or big freckles on her face?  How many eyeliner pencils does it take to look like a f’ing clown? 🤡

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

When I hear about "seasons of life" from these people now, my mind goes to the film 'Midsommar' and the four seasons/stages the members of the community follow. If you know, you know. It's quite fitting...

That movie is beyond crazy. 

• Love 2