Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Unlike the outfit, Nurie's eyebrows look good in that picture. They've been shaped but not decimated. Jill's not around to do her eyebrows now, so Nurie must be attacking them on her own. That's too bad. They've gone from nice to odd. 

The Rod girls get a mixed message about clothes. It's immodest to show skin or wear pants, but once the teenagers get curves, a layer or two of form-fitting polyester knit is fine.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rod girls get a mixed message about clothes. It's immodest to show skin or wear pants, but once the teenagers get curves, a layer or two of form-fitting polyester knit is fine.   

and if you swim in that oh so modest, form-fitting polyester knit and come out of the water looking like a participant in a wet t-shirt contest, that is also acceptable.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

well this is interesting. since we have been talking on David and Newreee going to Africa and the sluttish dress comments, I looked up David's friends that made him want to go to Africa.

I found it highly amusing that from the Haley family's pics and videos, both Mrs Haley and daughter Emily wear sleeveless sundresses and in some of their pics and vidoes there are women shown wearing "clothing that pertaineth to men", aka pants. oh also they wear skirts that show their knees😬

https://www.instagram.com/emilyvhaley/?hl=en

Mr and Mrs Haley both got covid last spring and were quite ill. not quite sure if Mike and Cindy are still in Botswana as missionaries, but the daughter, Emily is still there.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what Mrs Keller has been doing with the extra two hours she has had daily since her children have grown and no longer get their sweet 15 minutes of time.

I think it was weekly not daily.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Unlike the outfit, Nurie's eyebrows look good in that picture. They've been shaped but not decimated. Jill's not around to do her eyebrows now, so Nurie must be attacking them on her own. That's too bad. They've gone from nice to odd. 

I think that photo of Nurie is from 2018, around the time of the Africa trip. Too bad her brows don't look like that these days, but at least her dresses don't look as horrible as that outfit from thrift store hell.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

That pic is 4 years old. Nurie's currently sporting some extreme sperm brows. ☹️

3 hours ago, LilJen said:

There’s a reason he got nicknamed BBB (Big Butt Bates).

Obviously Jill and Nurie have never read National Geographic.

Yes Jill has. How else did Phillip get the word "nudeness" in his poem to describe Africans? 🙄

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That pic is 4 years old. Nurie's currently sporting some extreme sperm brows. ☹️

Yes Jill has. How else did Phillip get the word "nudeness" in his poem to describe Africans? 🙄

National Geographic was famous for showing topless women.  I remember talk of it in my grade school in the 60s.  Jill might have not read the magazine, but would've been aware of its reputation.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

National Geographic was famous for showing topless women.  I remember talk of it in my grade school in the 60s.  Jill might have not read the magazine, but would've been aware of its reputation.

That was my point. 😃

• Love 2

The Duggar hair tutorials back in the day. Jill threatening to get dreads. Erin and Josie Bates doing hair tutorials in the last week and now Alyssa Bates having followers vote on cutting her hair.

Is this remnants of Gothard, or typical 20s-30s year old hair obsession, or maybe an easy way to engage followers? Maybe all three?

Jessa's hair may look the worst, but I'm guessing hers and Joy's is the healthiest. I'm guessing JillR and the Rodlets' hair is the most abused.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggar hair tutorials back in the day. Jill threatening to get dreads. Erin and Josie Bates doing hair tutorials in the last week and now Alyssa Bates having followers vote on cutting her hair. I'm guessing JillR and the Rodlets' hair is the most abused.

Hell, yes. Just take a look at Jills frizzy ratty hair. It's horrible.

Sadly, those infamous hair tutorial videos have been taken down from You Tube (I'm genuinely upset about this, hmph), they were a "delight" to watch. So much plastic combs, brushes, hairspray, gel has never seen in one place since 1983.

Re Nathan Bates, WHAT has happend to him? He's become Michelin man, blown to a size that is beyond unhealthy and frankly unappealing. He's not even 30 yet, is he?

• Love 11

Much as I hate to admit that they have any room in my head, I had a passing thought about how unhealthy David often appears in photos. What happens to Jill if he dies before she does? Especially with minor children still at home. Thanks to fundie snarking online I've looked at some fundie church websites and FB pages. I see that they support specific ministries either by direct sponsorship or by inviting the missionaries to appear at the church to drum up support. There are some single guys (my fave is raising funds to support his ministry - the Lord has called him to save souls in Ireland), and some couples. But no single women. 

AFAIK women are not supposed to preach in or lead those fundie/IFB churches*. Jill's role is to support David's preaching, coordinate the family musical presentations, and give some religious pep-talks to the females in the church. Of course Jill has run with that and among other things she does all "their" social media - which is all about her all the time. But, if David's deceased and not there to lead the family, what are they supposed to do? I can't imagine the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus - which I think they consider officially a missionary operation - will continue with no male headship. 

One thought: does This Is Timothy Rodrigues step up to become the official head of the Rodrigues Family Traveling Missionaries For Jesus? Which would mean he'd do the preaching. But of course Jill would really be "coordinating" aka running everything. Would all her dear friends in those churches continue to invite the Rods with Tim or one of his bros as the preacher instead of David? 

*That's one reason I found JimBob Duggar's sworn testimony in his son's CSAM pretrial hearing, that Jim Holt's wife Bobbye was an "elder" of their church, to be such a hilarious brazen lie. [He was trying to get the legal cloak of privilege thrown over the Felon's teenaged admissions of specific sexual assaults on a minor.] Um, no, dude. No wimmin preaching from the pulpit, no wimmin in church leadership roles. Well, until you want to lie about that under oath in federal court to protect your child-molesting son. Heh.

• Love 22

If David should pass away who the heck would drive the RV? Tim, who can barely drive a car?

Neither Jill or any of the boys have ever been shown taking a turn at driving the RV during their grifting tours. Other than Tim, none of the boys have ever even been shown driving a car, no mention of them getting a license or anything. I'm not sure Kaylee and Renee drive either. After Newree (and Kaylee)'s tragic accident, I sort of think none of the "children" are allowed to drive.

• Love 5

I need to know what little boy told the Rodlings that he was famous. Isaac Plath?  A Dugglet? Surely not one of Pest’s kids. Whoever the kid was, Jill sure sounds jealous and that cracks me up. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

What happens to Jill if he dies before she does? Especially with minor children still at home.

Are you kidding me?   She will be in GRIFT HEAVEN.   Oh I have lost my beloved HUNK, the love of my life.   He left us alone with these small children.   Please help.   She won't even have to travel to do it.   They can just send the funds directly to her.   You know, except for her annual, get the hell out of Ohio in winter (and who can blame her for that) trip.   

As for which kid was famous, who knows.   But how DARE any child think they were more famous than Jill .... and her kids.   

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, beckie said:

Being "famous" is a cause for concern? Isn't pretty much everything Jill does a cause for concern?

Not to mention everything she posts is an attempt to achieve fame!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 17

Hope HUNK has life insurance so Jilldo can continue to shop in hobby lobby and dollar tree. And of course go to the good Olive Garden to flirt with the godly waiters lol. Surely there is a Olive Garden Daniel she can lead to the LORD and marry her. 

Would not surprise me if Jill has a black book with a list of widowers she meets on her grifting trips.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I honestly believe that Jills would be fairly happy if fat slob kicks the bucket. I don't believe she loves him at all - how would she? She has no ideas about genuine feelings for others. She loves the idea of it - not the person.

I think she would dance a happy dance for she could play the victim card for the rest of her life. Look at how her hunk worked himself into an early grave for this family! How can you refuse meeeee?

I'm sure her children would pay the price forever, with guilt money.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

They have shown nothing, nothing, that truly demonstrates they are actually in Ukraine!  What a scam they have going on!

I'm not invested with these folks so I don't really care what they do, but the videos posted so far are all so sterile. Even that first video they posted with the dudes driving in the car looked like some kind of tourist video. I didn't have my sound on with he was speaking at the medical theatre, but my impression was that there's a whole lot of people there with nothing to do. 

For some reason, the video is now unavailable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

but my impression was that there's a whole lot of people there with nothing to do.

Isn't that the very definition of being a Duggar and now a male Bates?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

The post with the Dr. talking about what they are doing is still there. It blows my mind every time I heaar them say that they are there to train the medical professionals on how to deal with mass casualties and how to provide appropriate trauma care.  Really Nathan Bates is training doctors on how to treat trauma victims? Please. I do not believe for one minute that this group is in Ukraine.They are standing around in a room with a few boxes of I guess are the needed supplies.  They are very cagy about what they are saying. Most likely they are giving out supplies to others to drive to Ukraine. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Isn't that the very definition of being a Duggar and now a male Bates?

I was talking about the audience. If there is a war going on full of casualities, who has time to listen to these folks babble on? Problem was I had my audio off, but what could he be saying that would demand all the medical professionals to stop critical care? 

6 hours ago, Totally said:

Didn’t Jill post about someone ‘not in a high position in her church’, daring to ask her for some sort of help as she recuperated from surgery? 

😒

Yes, the woman was scheduled for outpatient surgery and needed a ride to and from the surgery center.  Jill was utterly shocked that this woman might expect the Rods to help her.  She ended up doing it and bragging all about it.  I think she actually sent some of the kids to check on the lady as she recovered.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure if this is the video. Its one that was edited about an hour ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbVYoTZuYVl/

Yep that's the video. Don't know why someone put the loud music in there so it's hard for me to him since I'm hard of hearing. From a few things he said, those medical folks are not in the warzone. He was mentioning them discussing mass casualty scenarios and people thinking "hey, this might happen in my city". 

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure if this is the video. Its one that was edited about an hour ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbVYoTZuYVl/

If you go to Instagram and search for Medic Corps, you can find the video.  I wonder if it didn't get removed for editing and then re-posted.  The guy who is speaking is an ER doc who is on the Medic Corps website as one of their leaders.  He is in another video, too. Neither video contains any sort of identifying sign to prove they're actually in Ukraine.

The doc is seen supposedly teaching about trauma care and mass casualties in what appears to be a hospital auditorium.  Some of the people there are wearing white coats or other medical type clothing, most appear to be older.  Maybe they're running some sort of refresher course for retired health care pros who are looking to help?  It otherwise makes no sense that they would be providing this instruction, in English, no less, when there should be literally hundreds of Ukrainian doctors who already work in ER's and have been trained in mass casualty events and triage who could be doing it without a translator.  Heck, I don't work in an ER or even in a hospital 99% of the time and I participate in mass casualty drills at least once a year as part of my employment.  I find it hard to believe that there aren't a bunch of people already there who could be doing this stuff, though maybe they are too busy actually doing the work.

• Love 14

What the hell with Jill's post!!?? We shouldn't judge others? That is all she does. She judges everyone she sees just by how they look. I could go on and on and on and one but you all know who she is! And what good works does she do? I only see her vacationing and grifting. She is on social media all the time bragging about everything she gets and does because she is the best of all. I might need to go and respond to her post and get blocked because it makes me so angry!

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, smallfry said:

What the hell with Jill's post!!?? We shouldn't judge others? That is all she does. She judges everyone she sees just by how they look. I could go on and on and on and one but you all know who she is! And what good works does she do? I only see her vacationing and grifting. She is on social media all the time bragging about everything she gets and does because she is the best of all. I might need to go and respond to her post and get blocked because it makes me so angry!

She turns off comments. How many people has she saved from getting blocked? 😂

• LOL 9