Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

244BDF32-A835-4185-AD0F-3327C17951CA.jpeg

this is my favorite. Even with all that practice eating, he can’t quite recall where precisely his mouth is.

that and the fact that Jill thought it was a good photo to post? Love is really, really, really 1000% blind here.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LilJen said:

this is my favorite. Even with all that practice eating, he can’t quite recall where precisely his mouth is.

that and the fact that Jill thought it was a good photo to post? Love is really, really, really 1000% blind here.

It’s my screenshots from the video

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I swear that Jill and family eat out more than my husband and I (even before Covid). And we both have salaried jobs!

I agree . 

Maybe some one gave them a gift card to the restaurant.

I know Jill didn’t pay. She’d only pay for her and hubbys food. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

At least he is not in stiff khakis and stuffed in a dump truck or laid out on a tree stump at 3 days old like TFDW's son was.  I thought those pictures were horrible.

The baby (I think it was Phillip) was screaming, at least in the dump truck pic. Horrible.

• Love 6

I've been thinking, sadly, too much about the cancellation of the Bates. Maybe it has something to do with what was filmed for the show. Something that could cause a scandal if it was revealed, something they couldn't edit out. I think Katie's wedding was the last thing filmed, maybe someone in the wedding party is associated with something bad? Like 1/6? 

After typing that all out, I realize I sound a little like Anna blaming Carlin, but, eh, whatever, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I've been thinking, sadly, too much about the cancellation of the Bates. Maybe it has something to do with what was filmed for the show. Something that could cause a scandal if it was revealed, something they couldn't edit out. I think Katie's wedding was the last thing filmed, maybe someone in the wedding party is associated with something bad? Like 1/6? 

After typing that all out, I realize I sound a little like Anna blaming Carlin, but, eh, whatever, lol.

I read that they were filming confessionals as recently as a few weeks ago.

• Useful 5
12 hours ago, Zella said:

That tree stump picture is one of the weirdest and most uncomfortable-looking baby pictures I've ever seen. I felt so bad for that kid. 

That entire photo shoot was just strange.  It was like they just walked around outside and plopped the poor kid just anywhere that was sort of level.  Dressed up like a little old man.  They were not cute baby pictures at all.  That baby looked so uncomfortable.  Just odd.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

The real joy in David and Pris' relationship is that she thinks he plays for her team. 

I guess in a sense, she is the perfect wife for him. She doesn't know any better and had no inkling if that is the case.

15 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think he'd look much cuter and smile more if he were in a cute pair of comfy jammies.  That look I feel is much better for a child of at least 2 or 3.

I remember my ex MIL got my son one of those kind of outfits. My mom and I hated them. My 4 month old did not need a bow tie. But to each his own. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

What’s up with all of these fundies putting their infants in tight clothing? They’ll grow out of it in a week and it has to be uncomfortable.

Perhaps they feel a need to demonstrate that it's actually a little man, a future headship as well as girl babies wearing ribbons and head wraps to demonstrate their helpmate status.  It starts at birth for them. 🙁

• Love 5
On 1/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, Westiepeach said:

Someone needs to go in to her barndo and toss all of her eyeliner. Jeese Louise… too much is too much! I wonder if she removes it every night and starts fresh every day? Nah. Just answered my own question. I’m sure she just layers it on. And on.

Her eyes look blue in that pic.  They sometimes look light green, I think.  Also, how can she not know that she looks ridiculous wearing that much eyeliner?!?  Is she blind??

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Her eyes look blue in that pic.  They sometimes look light green, I think.  Also, how can she not know that she looks ridiculous wearing that much eyeliner?!?  Is she blind??

She finds David handsome, I say Jill is blind.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

All this eating out...eventually Jill will realize that those extra checks from the evil government have stopped showing up.

They're also usually in Florida,by this time each year. I wonder if they've lost sponsoring churches? 

• Love 8
On 1/19/2022 at 10:42 PM, iwantcookies said:

See children services we take the kids to the dentist. We even let a man doctor touch our daughters.

CE1CDF8E-FFD8-44B6-A00C-851AE9E99AC8.jpeg

D29A13E1-A0B3-4425-8B2C-64E8DED76486.jpeg

If anybody came in with a cell phone to take a video of me getting my teeth cleaned, they’d soon either be on the receiving end of a swift hard kick, or have their phone thrown against the wall.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
On 1/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, riverblue22 said:

All this eating out...eventually Jill will realize that those extra checks from the evil government have stopped showing up.

I have wondered if she and David understand that those checks were essentially an advance on their child tax credit. I bet they don’t (they have a lot of company in that) and will be in for a nasty surprise when their tax refund comes. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

Jill said "full time ministry," so I suppose Nathan's no longer doing lawns. As to supporting their inevitably huge brood of kids, Nurie has been raised by a world class grifter (for Jesus!) so she learned how to grift from the best. Nathan's family is well connected in fundie circles. They will get by, with love offerings and all. 

We really don't know much about Nurie's personality. Before her not-so-long-ago marriage, she lived 24/7/365 under the reign of a raging narcissistic fundie mother. She was good at keeping sweet ,especially for the cameras and church appearances. IMO her life pretty much depended on it. Her smiles seem more genuine and less stressed when she's with Nathan, away from Jill. But she's still a fundie, now married to a fundie preacher, and for all we know she intends to pump out babies for Jesus as fast as she can. She'll probably live out her life in that fundie bubble, where under those keep-sweet smiles lies a heart and mind full of disgust and hatred for people who don't worship the correct Jesus. I suppose the disgust/hatred alternates with pity when she remembers she's supposed to be out there working like crazy to convert all the heathens, like her darling mother did with Daniel in the laundromat. Even the sluttish-dressed women she's been taught to scorn (and perhaps fear).

• Love 10
On 1/17/2022 at 10:47 PM, iwantcookies said:

How many trees do the Rods plan to murder?

BD02C222-B289-4BEE-8508-E644F1F3B71B.jpeg

This makes me angry on so many levels. I am a print production manager by trade. I work for a non-profit medical and technical research university that relies on our donors for support of the HUGELY important work that we do to better humanity.  I am having a hell of a time sourcing paper for donor communications  due to an ongoing shortage and supply chain issues. Unless they are printing the smiley tracts and God-bothering pamphlets on reused paper grocery bags, they are using up valuable resources that are pretty much going into the trash. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Wait so this congregation just welcomed the Brother-in-Law of a someone convicted of downloading CSAM?   Do they know this?   

Given, that whole fundie world is misogynist and patriarchal, and they blame women for being raped, but I don't see how Josh Duggar's felonies should have an impact on Nathan Keller's job prospects.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's bad enough that Pest's siblings are experiencing the fallout from his actions.  In no way should it affect his in-laws.   What kind of world are we living in?

Look around 😥.

1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Since when is Nathan better than (Nurie)? 

I take that to mean that it is Nathan who is the new pastor, whereas Nurie is the supportive pastor's wife. 

It still bothers me that Jill speaks on behalf of them, though.

• Love 19

I hope Nurie and Nathan don't replicate Nurie's childhood of everyone living in a crowded van and not having a decent meal unless they perform for it. At least Nathan has a job, unlike his father-in-law. However, the thought of Nurie homeschooling her kids makes me shudder. Her kids will be as uncurious and illiterate as the Rodlets.  

I'm curious how much Nurie is like her mother. A person who is raised by someone with a personality disorder may not have the disorder themselves but will have "fleas" from it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It should matterr if he condones it, or tries to brush it off as "oh well things happen."   IF he denounces it, then okay.  because I do not want someone in a position of power over others being okay with CSAM.

He's not obligated to say anything. It has nothing to do with him.

• Love 22