Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

How long before Nehemiah “just gets on here” and posts a long social media post about Best Grandma Ever? I give him a week. He’s old enough now.

I say he'll post for the first time tomorrow.

• LOL 14

Serious question:  who does JillRod (and her ilk) blame when bad things happen, like her fall, miscarriages, poverty, etc.?  They always say their God is such a blessing to them.  Do they ever blame themselves for their failings for why bad things happen, or is it always Satan? 

I do believe that one's wickedness eventually catches up with him/her (if there's any justice in this world).  So from my perspective a little bit of Jill's foulness was redirected toward her and maybe knocked her down/off the stairs.  Hee hee.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
26 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Serious question:  who does JillRod (and her ilk) blame when bad things happen, like her fall, miscarriages, poverty, etc.?  They always say their God is such a blessing to them.  Do they ever blame their failings for why bad things happen, or is it always Satan? 

I do believe that one's wickedness eventually catches up with him/her (if there's any justice in this world).  So from my perspective a little bit of Jill's foulness was redirected toward her and maybe knocked her down/off the stairs.  Hee hee.

serious answer - her old blog posts repeatedly mentioned attacks of satan, since satan attacks the righteous. which she thoroughly believes she is. Also people are forever "persecuting" her and her family for their faithfulness and righteous living. 

when david and Nurie went on that missions trip years ago jill posted that with her headship away it was all on spiritual warfare the entire time. Trails, spiritual attacks and even physical attacks. ridiculous

"The spiritual warfare felt SO intense and thick, it seemed sometimes it could be sliced through. I would try my best to plaster a loving smile on my face until I had wished each child a goodnight, then shut my bedroom door and breathe a prayer of “HELP” to God.

My children were WONDERFUL the entire 2 weeks and honestly did / do nothing but BLESS my heart OVER and OVER! But bearing the weight of the spiritual (and physical) attacks alone sometimes had be gasping for strength to meet another day.

Getting stuck in the ice and snow with our van twice, a rushed trip to the hospital for stitches from opening a green bean can, and MANY spiritual attacks were what brought on the onslaught of exhaustion."

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3401

• LOL 11
13 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

And the staircase that she has been so proud of!

Well, pride does come before the fall…

or to quote the KJV,  “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Since she removed the post about the event in Alabama next week, I will surmise her severe knee injury will keep her at Nurie's for a while. They weren't scheduled to perform/shriek/preach at the event anyway.

I have a feeling that Gut pulls the ol' rustbucket into whatever church parking lot Jill directs him to, the waifs all pile out and they storm the church with Jill in the lead and start screech-singing to the first person they see and they end up in the Sunday bulletin as "Special Guests" because it's the only way to get them to leave and bother another poor church that was minding its own business....but not before Jill grifts three square meals, laundry services and a place for her kids to denim-swim from anyone in the congregation that dares meet her crazy eyes.

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I know this is  how Jill showed up. I do this as a joke every time I meet a new baby in the family. One of my favorite movies of all time. 

She probably tripped over that voluminous denim skirt and ill-fitting flip flops. On stairs that’s a recipe for disaster.

One of my favorite movies of all time and yes, I do believe this is exactly how Jill greeted her poor, unsuspecting grandson.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

when david and Nurie went on that missions trip years ago jill posted that with her headship away it was all on spiritual warfare the entire time. Trails, spiritual attacks and even physical attacks. ridiculous

Maybe she felt a sense of relief that Shrek wasn't around, realizing he really isn't much of a hunk and then felt guilty about it. And paranoid that Jesus knew. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe she felt a sense of relief that Shrek wasn't around, realizing he really isn't much of a hunk and then felt guilty about it. 

i don't think that is the case. from the same blog post. (It is a long and insane blog entry)

"All that to say, life is sweeter now that I have my husband, mate and spiritual leader back by my side! We enjoyed a SWEET, tearful reunion when they got home late last night. We enjoyed looking at the souvenirs they brought home, had yummy snacks as a family; and then retired to blissful bed.

After my exhausted, jet-lagged husband fell into a peaceful sleep, I laid in bed last night looking at him sleeping and I THANKED and THANKED God for a godly man to walk along side me in this race of life! I felt safer. I felt happier. I felt SO thankful. I leaned over and gently kissed him – once, then twice, then three times. He sweetly grunted and continued sleeping. I looked toward Heaven and thanked God from the depths of my heart for bringing them safely home to me! I also thanked God for my precious family He has blessed me with! I thanked Him for His MANY blessings in my life – for which I am so unworthy! "

• LOL 15
Just now, crazy8s said:

i don't think that is the case. from the same blog post. (It is a long and insane blog entry)

"All that to say, life is sweeter now that I have my husband, mate and spiritual leader back by my side! We enjoyed a SWEET, tearful reunion when they got home late last night. We enjoyed looking at the souvenirs they brought home, had yummy snacks as a family; and then retired to blissful bed.

After my exhausted, jet-lagged husband fell into a peaceful sleep, I laid in bed last night looking at him sleeping and I THANKED and THANKED God for a godly man to walk along side me in this race of life! I felt safer. I felt happier. I felt SO thankful. I leaned over and gently kissed him – once, then twice, then three times. He sweetly grunted and continued sleeping. I looked toward Heaven and thanked God from the depths of my heart for bringing them safely home to me! I also thanked God for my precious family He has blessed me with! I thanked Him for His MANY blessings in my life – for which I am so unworthy! "

It is way over the top and insane...... which makes me wonder if subconsciously she thinks "ugh". It just seems she is trying to talk herself into thinking he is the greatest ever....... Many of these fundie marriages seem that way. It would also explain her crushes on Nathan and Jonathan! 

I like the line that "he grunted". 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

"Oh, and Nurie came home too, I guess."

• LOL 13

Ok, knee injuries are an area of somewhat expertise for me (I'm not a doctor, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, BUT I have had two knee surgeries). 

There's almost no way a doctor issued that brace. She threw that on herself. When I tore my ACL, the urgent care gave me a huge leg brace and the ortho basically said to toss it because it wasn't going to help. If it was so severe she couldn't move her knee without bracing it, she wouldn't be able to walk at all. 

She could know she's torn something because there can be a popping noise when you tear a ligament. You can also feel it. I knew I had torn my ACL before I had an MRI because I knew deep down it was NOT normal to feel two parts of my knee touching that should never touch (0/10 do not recommend). 

She might have torn cartilage, but unless she went for an MRI she wouldn't know for sure. It could easily be a diagnosis tossed out by an urgent care doc with the recommendation to follow up with an ortho but generally doctors are reluctant to diagnose a tear without an MRI. And I highly doubt she's had one because she would 100% have set up a go fund me for surgery or physical therapy. Even if they opted against surgery if she has a legitimate, medically diagnosed tear they would send her to physical therapy. 

• Useful 13
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, questionfear said:

She might have torn cartilage, but unless she went for an MRI she wouldn't know for sure. It could easily be a diagnosis tossed out by an urgent care doc with the recommendation to follow up with an ortho but generally doctors are reluctant to diagnose a tear without an MRI. And I highly doubt she's had one because she would 100% have set up a go fund me for surgery or physical therapy. Even if they opted against surgery if she has a legitimate, medically diagnosed tear they would send her to physical therapy. 

If she had an MRI, she would have found a way to post selfies. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

One of the worst thing in my experience as a person suffering from (SEVERE) chronic knee problems, who's needed three surgeries to live life somewhat normal, is getting in and out of a vehicle. After my last (SEVERE) surgery I had to go to PT twice a week and having to get in and out of the car was the worst. I would never even considered driving to Florida for however many hours it is from where she's at if I were as (SEVERELY) injured as she claims to be. I've made that drive from IA and it's not fun.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12

Love Jill's talent with language. David "loaded [her] up" (photo of David stuffing Jill and her long denim skirt into a car) and drove her ALL the way to Florida and all the way back home again (even though she's still there). David's on call to drop the MILLIONS of things (jobs ???) demanding his attention and return to pick her up. 

I have a bad feeling that Nurie and Nathan will have the SEVERELY injured moocher with them for a long, long time. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

How in the H does one "sweetly grunt?"  GWE probably farted a few times, just for good measure.

Jilldo really does give an extreme example of batshit-crazy.  Lazy grifters, all of them.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How in the H does one "sweetly grunt?"  GWE probably farted a few times, just for good measure.

Jilldo really does give an extreme example of batshit-crazy.  Lazy grifters, all of them.

If my husband bothers me when I'm sleeping, whether its a kiss or even puts his arm around me and it in any way disrupts my sleep, I do more than "sweetly" grunt. Try "sweetly" swear! 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Just saw some still pictures on Reddit of Janessa trying to poke Nemo's eye out. I guess it's from a video and Jill didn't stop her from doing that.

Yes, it was a video. Janessa shouldn't be anywhere near that poor baby 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

C6296F76-B7B7-4A37-8B3E-B917A3A14008.jpeg

Indeed it does:

474290F4-9245-4B14-8AE3-6491420A3C15.jpeg

And isn't that special?  In addition to BME and her 'severely' injured knee, Nurie also has her 3 year old sister 'visiting' to help with the new baby.  How  nice for her and Nathan that they can care for a toddler in addition to her mother and a new baby.  Great practice for when the blessings start arriving annually!

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

And isn't that special?  In addition to BME and her 'severely' injured knee, Nurie also has her 3 year old sister 'visiting' to help with the new baby.  How  nice for her and Nathan that they can care for a toddler in addition to her mother and a new baby.  Great practice for when the blessings start arriving annually!

We know the Not Nuries are there, so they are hopefully keeping Janessa and Sadie occupied while they do all the actual work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

We know the Not Nuries are there, so they are hopefully keeping Janessa and Sadie occupied while they do all the actual work.

Where in the holy heck are they all sleeping?  I know Nathan and Nurie supposedly bought a house, but how big can it be?  You know Jilly isn't staying in a motel unless there is room service and someone else is footing the bill.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Several of the girls accompanied Jill. They were seen in the church video. So, Jill has plenty of Not Nuries to wait on her. And maybe Help Nurie if they have a spare moment. 🙄

But, did the NotNuries stay down there or did they go home to cook and clean for Shrek?

• Love 5

Two weeks, she’s staying two weeks to burden the new parents? She’s in the way, has no boundaries, and has nothing to offer other than stress. BME is a vile POS. Nathan better grow a pair ASAP. I wonder if Jonathan’s parents are watching the spectacle and reconsidering their options. Jill needs to be careful, she shot for the stars with Ethan Plath and had to settle for a Keller. The Rods are scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it is. They are lucky they have only four boys, unloading them won’t be easy. 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

that pic of her knee in a brace looks awful...looks like vascular damage with the swelling....I would be getting to a dr. asap over that swelling in her leg/feet/toes....

we do have to remember the pics are in Jrod time. the ride in the van must have been over a week ago since jill, nurie and 4 sisters were shown on the church live stream last sunday.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

WTF… how is she there to “help” (and she even put it in quotes like that)? Poor Nurie has to take care of her toddler sister and help her mother bathe, dress, and walk? By Jill’s own admission, she is just sitting around and snuggling the baby. For two weeks? I would say unbelievable, but it is all too believable where Jill is concerned.

I wish Nathan would grow a pair and kick her grifting butt out. He and Nurie deserve this time to focus on each other and their new baby

Edited by Insert Username
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill expressed worry that she might need surgery on her SEVERELY injured leg. Guess that moment has passed. Maybe. 

As far as we know, she hasn't even been seen by a doctor yet; so any speculation about needing knee surgery is probably straight from Jill's warped brainpan and not an actual medical opinion.  Had she been seen by a doc, she would been told to remove the toe ring or it would've been cut off with wire cutters, I would think.  ER's cut various piece of jewelry off swollen digits all the time.

So, Shrek, the 4 boys and Tessie and Hannah are back in Ohio.  Which means Jill is down in Florida with the 2 NotNuries, Kaylee and Renee, and 4 little girls ages 9,7,5, and 3.  How could having 7 houseguests, 4 of them young children, possibly be a good thing for Nurie and her little family?  Where are they sleeping?  How are they not falling over one another in Nurie's house (if they've even moved into the house and aren't still in the trailer).  I know Jill stacks her girls like cordwood in the bedrooms at home, but this is really beyond the pale.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 11

Maybe the nearby Kellers are housing some of the Rods. Room and board, of course. Jill is mostly sitting around being fed and waited on. 

Jill doesn't care if she imposes on people and makes their lives difficult. It's all about Jill. That's obvious to everyone but Jill. 

The more we see about Jill, the crazier she looks. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

And she knows that it’s SEVERELY torn, even though she hasn’t seen a doctor yet.  She went to FL, knowing that she would have to be waited on hand and foot.  There are no words to describe this batshit crazy moron.  SMDH

Didn’t she see a doctor? I had assumed she did but gives no credit to the medical professionals. She also nonchalantly said she hopes she doesn’t need surgery. They are definitely all on Medicaid. Which I support! But Jill will never give doctors and nurses the thanks and respect they deserve.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I also thanked God for my precious family He has blessed me with! I thanked Him for His MANY blessings in my life – for which I am so unworthy! "

Huh, I finally agree with Jill about something - she is so unworthy. I feel weird now.

Also, they had a sweet, tearful reunion? FFS, he wasn’t gone that long. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I laughed to tears at sweetly grunted. 

HUNK probably snores until the house shakes and his grunts can wake the dead.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

JillR is an actor, who writes her own script, in a play called Life. She doesn't really feel anything about others, so she exaggerates every feeling she thinks she should have. Her children have now become actors in their own lives, after years of playing roles in JillR's play, without the benefit of a script. Sadly, JillR has no idea she's like this and even sadder she likely wouldn't be able to change even if she did.

Her kids however, have a chance at changing. I wonder if they let their guards down during those rare times Jill isn't around. I wonder if Nurie has been away from her long enough to realize she doesn't need to try to anticipate what others around her expect from her, and then act accordingly. Nathan seems to be a bit high strung, but his parents don't. Maybe if she spends enough time around them she'll start to see that everyone in life is not waiting for their next cue to be 'on'.

• Love 23