Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

We've seen their display in past photos, but a long time ago. They have a trifold board with family photos, and a table with tracts, Jill's writings, and I think music CDs (for sale). It looked a little elementary school science fair, but I doubt anything sophisticated is expected. 

Yes, congratulations to Nurie and Nathan! I hope the delivery went smoothly. 

they also now seem to have a set up/display for those earrings the not nuries make and sell. the last video of them shilling was behind a table set up at the church in Vermont displaying their "fall collection"

Jilly will have a hard time keeping up the "musical family" bit moving forward. Nurie, Timcel are often out, Kaylee will most likely be out in the next year. Going on the Vermont videos, that leaves Renee and 3 boys that actually play musical instruments. 2 are over 18 and Samuel will be 18 next month. should any of those get married and stop traveling on the grifting tours, it would leave Gabriel, Tessa who seemed to play a small xylophone, or something on a small stand, and 5 small girls who really can't sing well. (because they are small children)

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Okay, the baby's here. And about an hour later? It's JILL TIME again! She just posted a new video (this is a screen grab):

Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-10_20.33-AM.thumb.jpg.41dc8ebf0f453f732de79de0f29489a5.jpg

Most of the video is of the pulpit area where David was preaching (I kept the sound off) but of COURSE she had to turn the camera on herself in the front row. 

• Useful 2
23 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

Poor Nurie still has no agency or control. She and Nathan should be the ones to announce the baby. Maybe now that she is a mom, her “mama bear” instincts kick in and she is able to set some healthy boundaries.

I hope so. My pets have more agency than Jill's children. If the pets don't like something, they quickly let me know. Jill's kids cower. 

Maybe Nathan will step up now. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Okay, the baby's here. And about an hour later? It's JILL TIME again! She just posted a new video (this is a screen grab):

Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-10_20.33-AM.thumb.jpg.41dc8ebf0f453f732de79de0f29489a5.jpg

Most of the video is of the pulpit area where David was preaching (I kept the sound off) but of COURSE she had to turn the camera on herself in the front row. 

Is that Tessie behind Jill?  She looks so different without a rictus grin on her face.  Clearly she didn't know BME was snapping selfies.  Tessie looks thrilled to be in a room with what appears to be a gaggle of old men.  #freeTessie

So did Jill leave the conference early because of the new Nurthling or because she hurt her knee?  Maybe Nurie sent her a text saying she was in labor and Jill hurt her knee vaulting over the tables, chairs, and fellow attendees in an attempt to get into the RV and drive to Florida before Nurie could start pushing?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, questionfear said:

Just in case anyone missed it: Shoshana's post, while certainly more liberal than other fundies with the "it's ok to date and find yourself" message, was also jaw-droppingly cruel with some really nasty homophobia and transphobia. 

So while Shoshana is "more liberal" since she doesn't encourage horny teens to marry each other at 18, she's still a nasty piece of work in her own right. 

The Pearls are her parents, so of course she is.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CandyCaneTree said:

And at 9:45 am Jilldo had her camera phone in his face.

Maybe someday Nurie will contact Jill Dillard, and Jill can recommend some books about creating distance from a toxic family.

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Holy unnecessary apostrophe’s! 🤣

• LOL 8
54 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

maybe Ma Keller intentionally tripped her

Thanks for making me laugh while eating. 😆 

I hope Nurie and the baby are well. He's a real cutie.
💖

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is that Tessie behind Jill?  She looks so different without a rictus grin on her face.  Clearly she didn't know BME was snapping selfies. 

She knew. It wasn't Jill taking selfies. I posted a screen grab from the video Jill posted. She was taking a video, and panned the camera around to show herself and a couple of her daughters sitting behind her. 

• Useful 4
16 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

It’s so nice to see a genuine smile on Nurie’s face! 

I agree. She looked so happy. 😁

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is SEVERELY injured

And all because David was SEVERELY hungry. SMH
😉

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3DBCC7DD-CCC4-44FC-B506-A8EF430C3B1F.jpeg

Nurie looks good, likely her labor wasn't prolonged and the little guy looks great, too.  Nice size, good color and not much caput (the bump on the head from navigating the birth canal) which indicates he didn't struggle much on the journey.

Congratulations also to Nurie, Nathan and baby boy for his arrival the day prior to his due date which will mean Crazy Grandma can be on her way out of there that much sooner.  Can you imagine having those locusts swarming all over you while your baby is overdue, you live in semi-tropical Florida, and are pretty tired of gestating?  I can only imagine Jill's annoyance had baby Nurthan not arrived as scheduled and I'm glad Nurie and Nathan won't have to put up with it.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Keep them coming! 

Maybe Nathan finally snapped and tripped her. lol

2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Can you imagine having those locusts swarming all over you while your baby is overdue, you live in semi-tropical Florida, and are pretty tired of gestating?

I'm in tears with laughter !  😂

• LOL 9
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I figured David rolled his fat ass on Jill in his sleep and dislocated her shoulder.

That's downright terrifying !! 😵 😆

• LOL 5
46 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Poor Tessie, she looks over it.

Is it just me, or does Jill’s “it was a …natural labor and delivery with midwives” come across as superior sounding? Like women who have to be induced, have a c-section, or have a doctor attending just aren’t as favored by God. 

I got the same vibe. Jill’s probably one of those who only count vaginal births as real births. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Someone in reddit suggested that she's not injured but doesn't want Nurie to have all the attention. I gotta say that that would be something I can see her do  🤣

She's got a huge ass bruise on her arm. She apparently had a fall. Maybe here? 

FB_IMG_1633981190620.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Zella said:

It's probably for the best they don't name the kid Nehemiah, but I was hoping for a series of increasingly over-the-top Biblical names that start with an N, capping off with Nebuchadnezzar. Nebuchadnezzar Keller has a nice, strong ring to it, yeah? 

Considering the German names of my aunts and uncles that I grew up with, that name would not attract much attention.  I would worry if he was ever going to go to public school, however.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Baby has arrived!

245482588_2970469819858018_6385538571940543297_n.jpg

245350369_2970469869858013_7187919269549488671_n.jpg

Wow, that was fast, especially for a first baby!  It wouldn’t surprise me if BME encouraged Nurie to stay at home as long as possible, while secretly hoping that Nurie wouldn’t get to the birthing center in time, and Jill would get to be the hero who deliver the baby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Is it just me, or does Jill’s “it was a …natural labor and delivery with midwives” come across as superior sounding? Like women who have to be induced, have a c-section, or have a doctor attending just aren’t as favored by God. 

I completely agree.  I was also a bit surprised Jill bragged about the labor being calm.  I would have thought Jill is of the mind that childbirth should be painful and messy and chaotic because of Eve's sin and all that jazz.  Or Jill just saves the tales of agonizing labor for her own deliveries.  

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's got a huge ass bruise on her arm. She apparently had a fall. Maybe here? 

FB_IMG_1633981190620.jpg

she also went down a kid slide with Janessa. but surely those pics are from a week or so ago due to jilly dragging out the Vermont posts and she has gotten to Florida since then.

If Jilly is faking, it is quite impressive because she appeared to have real pain when trying to walk just the few steps I saw and probably while not knowing she was on camera or she would have waved or grinned or some other outlandish jilly behavior, when being seen on stage at Anna Duggar's parents church.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

she also went down a kid slide with Janessa. but surely those pics are from a week or so ago due to jilly dragging out the Vermont posts and she has gotten to Florida since then.

If Jilly is faking, it is quite impressive because she appeared to have real pain when trying to walk just the few steps I saw and probably while not knowing she was on camera or she would have waved or grinned or some other outlandish jilly behavior, when being seen on stage at Anna Duggar's parents church.

These were taken in Ohio after they left Vermont. 

21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

These were taken in Ohio after they left Vermont. 

I understand that - but the vermont thing ended sept 29 and jill was still posting pics of that yesterday. so the farm in ohio was probably a week or so ago. Oct 6th was the last night of the missions conference in Ohio according to the church's fb page.  there is no faking the timeline of her at the Keller's church though.

edit - I missed that she said she left the conference early because she hurt her knee. I thought it was she left the conference early to get to FL for the baby.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Poor Tessie, she looks over it.

Not God, Jill. I don’t think God cares one way or the other.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

edit - I missed that she said she left the conference early because she hurt her knee. I thought it was she left the conference early to get to FL for the baby.

Time for a lawsuit against that church!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I understand that - but the vermont thing ended sept 29 and jill was still posting pics of that yesterday. so the farm in ohio was probably a week or so ago. Oct 6th was the last night of the missions conference in Ohio according to the church's fb page.  there is no faking the timeline of her at the Keller's church though.

Right. She hurt herself at the conference. If she's still gimping around a week later, she must have really taken a tumble.

• Love 1

Darn, I was hoping Jilly would miss the birth so she could go on a "poor, persecuted me" rant. She'll probably hold out on the babies name until the birth movie is done....starring Jill, of course. Nurie and the baby will be secondary.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I usually don’t have much good to say about any of them, but Nathan looks happy and proud. I can’t even hate on Jill for gushing over her first grandchild. That’s a totally appropriate reaction for once.  OTOH, Nurie looks exhausted (rightfully so). I wish she could have gotten at least one night’s rest at the center.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, SJC said:

1 day ?! More like 1 hour !!  lol

Most freestanding birthing centers discharge moms and babies in 4-6 hours after delivery.  They don’t have full time staff. They only come in when someone is in labor. Moms who need more time would be transferred to a regular hospital’s maternity unit.

• Useful 15
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

Most freestanding birthing centers discharge moms and babies in 4-6 hours after delivery.  They don’t have full time staff. They only come in when someone is in labor. Moms who need more time would be transferred to a regular hospital’s maternity unit.

I hope Mrs. Keller is around to help Nurie get settled. I can't see Jill being anything but a nuisance. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I got the same vibe. Jill’s probably one of those who only count vaginal births as real births. 

When she was pregnant with Janessa, she made a lot of ignorant comments implying that women who gave birth with anesthesia or, worst of all, had a cesarean weren’t Jesus’ favorites unlike her.  This was after she had an ultrasound showing possible problems with Janessa’s brain.  From that moment, the spotlight was on Jill, the Christian Mother Courage.  SHE would never have an abortion, SHE was specially chosen for this burden.SHE, having already had umpteen unmedicated vaginal births was never going to need a cesarean, unlike other faithless, sluttish women who’d needed cesareans for the baby’s sake.  Then came the Pamper Mama shower.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

When she was pregnant with Janessa, she made a lot of ignorant comments implying that women who gave birth with anesthesia or, worst of all, had a cesarean weren’t Jesus’ favorites unlike her.  This was after she had an ultrasound showing possible problems with Janessa’s brain.  From that moment, the spotlight was on Jill, the Christian Mother Courage.  SHE would never have an abortion, SHE was specially chosen for this burden.SHE, having already had umpteen unmedicated vaginal births was never going to need a cesarean, unlike other faithless, sluttish women who’d needed cesareans for the baby’s sake.  Then came the Pamper Mama shower.

What a despicable twat waffle she is.

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope Mrs. Keller is around to help Nurie get settled. I can't see Jill being anything but a nuisance. 

Jill is going to be propped up in bed right next to Nurie, wearing a ruffled bed jacket from her Pamper Grandmama shower.  Her injured leg will be supported on pillows and she will have a little bell to ring so the NotNuries can bring her ice packs, Teddy bears and candy.  If they’re not available,  Nurie can get up and serve her. Being a Glamma is SEVERELY physically draining, y’all!

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4