Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I know lots of people subconsciously choose spouses that look like them - something about having a higher chance of passing on genes that look like 'you', but David and Prisc are a really starting to look like Twins.

He could skin her and wear her, and nobody would know the difference. 

• Love 17

I have vague memories of being a very little girl and being uncomfortable in clothes, but what can you do except being a cranky little kid.  I feel so sorry for the little boy and the baby being in long pants (on the infant, for god's sake) and leggings on the girl in hot weather.  That's just cruel.  Ugly and cruel.

• Love 7

I really do hope those kids get to stay in the cool. I was a little pale blonde kid, and even though I was born in this country, I'd spend my summers burning through the layers of sunscreen my mother would slather on me, and getting blood noses any time it was over 40C (104F), which was a lot. But they may at least partly be used to it - am I remembering right that they're from a part of America that sees very high temperatures in Summer? Still sucks to be stuffed into all those warm, heavy clothes, but maybe not unusual for them, even in this weather.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

There isn't enough pills, booze and money in the world that could motivate me to drag an infant, a toddler and a pre-schooler on a flight to Australia. And will they please invest in hats and sunglasses? That Aussie sun will burn a hole straight through their skin.

I can just imagine the looks on the other traveler's faces when they saw this family on the plane. I wonder if David helped with the kids on the flight or was it up to Pris to keep them entertained?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I know lots of people subconsciously choose spouses that look like them - something about having a higher chance of passing on genes that look like 'you', but David and Prisc are a really starting to look like Twins.

He could skin her and wear her, and nobody would know the difference. 

Their hair color, skin tone, nose shapes, eyebrows and squinty eyes in that photo make them absolutely look like twins.  They even smile exactly the same.  It's borderline creepy.

Okay, just creepy.

LOL and *shudder* to your last line...even thought it's true.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
On 10.1.2017 at 6:29 PM, louannems said:

JillR's boys singing in the teen choir look like walking skeletons. The begging in her newest blog are most palpable.  She is SOOOOOOO proud of attending Jinger's wedding and getting her picture with Michelle!  In that picture, Michelle looks absolutely exhausted.

I cannot figure out why the JillRods are constantly on the road.  They do have a nice house and the printing of religion tracks seems to have taken off. Those poor kids.  They must suffer so much, 14 people crammed into an RV.  Not to mention their piss poor educations on the road.

Fleeing from  CPS would be my guess.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Poor littles. Looks like they are beyond tuckered out. Poor little Davia looks like a little old lady.

Bless her heart she totally does.  She also looks like she's over these crazy people that somehow have custody of her.

8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I can just imagine the looks on the other traveler's faces when they saw this family on the plane. I wonder if David helped with the kids on the flight or was it up to Pris to keep them entertained?

I think you know the answer!  Ha!  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Can you imagine how annoying and grating  Poor Simple Prissy's voice would have been for other passengers to listen to? I think that's one reason TFDW prays as much as he does so he doesn't completely lose his shit hearing her babbling on and on...

I don't think it was possible for there to have been an adequate amount of alcohol on that flight.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4

I wonder if TFDW does any disciplining of the kids. I imagine he would be a scary disciplinarian and would get some side-eye from fellow passengers if he forgot where he was and used fundie tactics on his kids. 

• Love 2

Do you think if they walked to the other end of the sign and faced to the right, that maybe the sun would not be blinding them?

Do you think they bring blankets and drop the kids in the aisle of the plane when they're misbehaving?

Edited by GeeGolly
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do you think if they walked to the other end of the sign and faced to the right, that maybe the sun would not be blinding them?

Do you think they bring blankets and drop the kids in the aisle of the plane when they're misbehaving?

I don't even want to think of him hurting those sweet wee ones!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if TFDW does any disciplining of the kids. I imagine he would be a scary disciplinarian and would get some side-eye from fellow passengers if he forgot where he was and used fundie tactics on his kids. 

Some of the disciplinarian tactics that the fundies are known to use might have gotten him arrested. 

• Love 2
Just now, ariel said:

Some of the disciplinarian tactics that the fundies are known to use might have gotten him arrested. 

I was *this* close to mentioning the Pearls, but we have no evidence that the Wallers utilize their extreme methods. I hope that this generation of fundies have moved past To Train Up A Child.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was *this* close to mentioning the Pearls, but we have no evidence that the Wallers utilize their extreme methods. I hope that this generation of fundies have moved past To Train Up A Child.  

I hope so too  & I would like to add Gary Ezzo's "Childwise" to that list.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5

I do know a fair number of people who travel with little kids and babies on long flights (longer than I can bear to be on) and their kids get along fine.  The methods used are not what the Wallers would do.  Benadryl or booze, not much, just a little and seems to knock them out.  OK so it's a not so good thing, but has amazing benefits for all, including passengers, involved.  I have no moral judgment here, just statement of fact.

• Love 6

David is a short man, he can fit in economy class. But for tall men (like myself) business class is worth it for such a long flight. 

Soemthing about his kids makes me think they cried for a significant portion of the flight. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They've already subjected the infant to being stuffed, screaming, in the back of a toy dumptruck and lying prone on a log. I don't know how much worse it can get for that poor little guy. 

It will get much worse, I'm afraid. That was just the first week of his little life. He's a Waller, so he's doomed to be part of the Fundy circus.

• Love 2

We can only hope that the class-action suit (another hearing in March, IIRC) goes in the favor of the plaintiffs, bankrupting IBLP and disgracing Gil Bates, Dr. Paine, as named defendants (being IBLP board members) as well as Gothard. THAT will ruin our Fabulous One. 

I wonder what a David Waller crisis of faith would look like? We might be able to find out!

• Love 8

Holy shit, the picture, as well as the deets, except for birth year, really make it look like this is Tabby Paine's fiancee. Other more personal information I've seen pretty much confirms it. I'll just leave this here without further comment other than I am really disappointed in Dr. Paine for letting this guy near his daughter. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20170110220205/http://www.sorarchive.com/directory/TN/R/Timothy_Robertson_1262982

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Holy shit, the picture, as well as the deets, except for birth year, really make it look like this is Tabby Paine's fiancee. Other more personal information I've seen pretty much confirms it. I'll just leave this here without further comment other than I am really disappointed in Dr. Paine for letting this guy near his daughter. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20170110220205/http://www.sorarchive.com/directory/TN/R/Timothy_Robertson_1262982

Shit. WTF. The birth year is accurate; Tim posted birthday party pics on his FB page 9/10/16 - his 46th birthday.

• Love 4
On 1/13/2017 at 3:42 AM, kalamac said:

I really do hope those kids get to stay in the cool. I was a little pale blonde kid, and even though I was born in this country, I'd spend my summers burning through the layers of sunscreen my mother would slather on me, and getting blood noses any time it was over 40C (104F), which was a lot. But they may at least partly be used to it - am I remembering right that they're from a part of America that sees very high temperatures in Summer? Still sucks to be stuffed into all those warm, heavy clothes, but maybe not unusual for them, even in this weather.

Priscilla at least is from Florida, which can get quite warm in the summer, yes.

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We can only hope that the class-action suit (another hearing in March, IIRC) goes in the favor of the plaintiffs, bankrupting IBLP and disgracing Gil Bates, Dr. Paine, as named defendants (being IBLP board members) as well as Gothard. THAT will ruin our Fabulous One. 

I wonder what a David Waller crisis of faith would look like? We might be able to find out!

I wonder what Chad thinks about all this, since he and Erin publicly stated that they do not support Gothard.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:28 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

So, in what capacity has he joined the circus? Does he work for David at the print shop? One of their minstrels? Interesting in courting Nurie? Or just a groupie? 

Here's the quote from the blog: "On this trip, (after much prayer), we decided to invite a young man along – BEN VANCE – to travel with us. He has a heart to go into full time ministry and is excited for the chance to travel with our family to see what doors God will open for him! Ben travels behind our RV in his red truck and sleeps in the churches that we are at. We appreciate Ben’s heart to serve the Lord!"

He looks a bit old for Nurie, but it's hard to tell. Still, that was my first thought too. Another picture showed him hanging out with all the kids and it made me hope that they didn't just barely meet this guy before inviting him on the road with them. And by the way, I grew up fundie and STILL fail to understand how you can define "full time ministry" as drifting around to give screechy musical performances to people who are already church-going Christians, and begging for money. "Ministry" as they define it is really supposed to be about trying to preach to the unconverted.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, becca3891 said:

Priscilla at least is from Florida, which can get quite warm in the summer, yes.

I wonder what Chad thinks about all this, since he and Erin publicly stated that they do not support Gothard.

Here's the quote from the blog: "On this trip, (after much prayer), we decided to invite a young man along – BEN VANCE – to travel with us. He has a heart to go into full time ministry and is excited for the chance to travel with our family to see what doors God will open for him! Ben travels behind our RV in his red truck and sleeps in the churches that we are at. We appreciate Ben’s heart to serve the Lord!"

He looks a bit old for Nurie, but it's hard to tell. Still, that was my first thought too. Another picture showed him hanging out with all the kids and it made me hope that they didn't just barely meet this guy before inviting him on the road with them. And by the way, I grew up fundie and STILL fail to understand how you can define "full time ministry" as drifting around to give screechy musical performances to people who are already church-going Christians, and begging for money. "Ministry" as they define it is really supposed to be about trying to preach to the unconverted.

The Rodriguii need to latch on to people with jobs, not some guy whose life plan is to follow the stink bus of wannabe grifters and sleep in church basements. God does not seem to be throwing doors open for JRod either, so I wonder what BV hopes to gain by teaming up with them. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Very sad. And the Duggars of all people are in his orbit.

I hope she gets out now.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

In the Welcome to Melbourne photo, Davia not only looks like an old lady, she looks sinister. Perhaps she's cooking up some plot to do in her nutty parents. 

LOL..I'm glad I finished my coffee before I read it, otherwise, I'd be cleaning off my iPad. 

11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is it possible the mug shot is just a really weird coincidence? I thought registered sex offenders weren't allowed to be around children.

I searched the current TN and US national sex offender registries - government sites in each case - and his name doesn't appear. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit. WTF. The birth year is accurate; Tim posted birthday party pics on his FB page 9/10/16 - his 46th birthday.

I hadn't checked out his FB (too triggering), but everything I'd read said he was 44. So, we have a 15 year age difference, not so bad at that age, but with this history is a concern. Don't forget her father still supports Gothardism even if he and Gil Bates staged the coup to remove him and put in their puppet and take over the organization. 

eta: maybe the victim was an adult who filed charges but, due to financial constraints, dropped the charges?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Tim repented in front of the church, and all is forgiven.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I hadn't checked out his FB (too triggering), but everything I'd read said he was 44. So, we have a 15 year age difference, not so bad at that age, but with this history is a concern. By then, her father still supports Gothardism even if he and Gil Bates staged the coup to remove him and put in their puppet.

I hope for Tabby's sake that this isn't true. Tim Robertson is a common enough name and he's what Mr Evenstar would call a "type", as in he looks ordinary enough to look like a lot of people.

I'd hate it that this poor girl who has treasured her purity for 30 years has to give her precious virginity to THAT. What sort of father safeguards his daughter's purity like these Gothard men do and then give her away to the likes of Joshley or a presumed closeted guy like TFDW?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hope for Tabby's sake that this isn't true. Tim Robertson is a common enough name and he's what Mr Evenstar would call a "type", as in he looks ordinary enough to look like a lot of people.

It's like how 90% of police sketches could be labeled Generic White Guy, which is why I think Tabby's Tim may not be the Tim in the booking photo. Either way, it's not like she's getting the cream of the crop for a husband. Both Tabby and Tim were scraps in the leftover pile who said "fuck it, anything is better than dying alone" and decided to get married.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'd hate it that this poor girl who has treasured her purity for 30 years has to give her precious virginity to THAT. What sort of father safeguards his daughter's purity like these Gothard men do and then give her away to the likes of Joshley or a presumed closeted guy like TFDW?

Unfortunately, I have seen other documentation that has him moving between TN and VA, but home address is Powell, TN. IIRC, that's the home of Clown College. If I had to guess, his assault was on a student who was convinced by her parents to drop charges because Jesus. And patriarchy.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1