Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Timothy is such a hard worker!  Jill's dream job for Timothy would probably be working for Jim Bob cleaning toilets while courting one of his girls.  Is Joy the right age for him?  Maybe that's the kind of guy that has come a-courtin' for Jana.  Timothy might be a very nice young man, but who wants to get caught up with that crazy crowd?

At least Timothy would be feed at the TTH.

I'm surprised that Jill hasn't crashed the TTH with her peeps. She seems to be in a hurry to have her kids courted off and the Duggs sure have a lot of kids to marry off. Match made in heaven. Jill would FINALLY be fundie royality if it ever happened!

• Love 3

Does Jill have any kids that match in age for marriageable Duggars? What is marriageable anyway, 16, 14? Wasn't Josh courting or engaged at 14 or something? IF there is  a super young courtship I would want media attention directly on this practice, but just like blanket training, it's unlikely they ever reveal this side of themselves. They did come close with the Josiah thing. Imagine if one of her daughters lined up with whichever Duggar boy it is who is 14 but looks 11. Courtships don't look so quaint then do they leghumpers? 

• Love 2

Jill's blog post:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

So she complains that Timothy was JUST like her with him always thinking about himself! Oh and everyone of her blog posts about her kids reads like a Christian Mingle ad. Jill please stop! I can see her kids getting married young JUST to get away from her kray kray! 

Her poor sister does she have to use the word, crippled? Nice way to show your love Jill. I haven't seen anyone use that word in years. As a matter of fact the Shriner's Children's hospital took that word off their sign years ago!........smile!!

Timothy, God wants you to RUN. Run like the wind.

• Love 9
From Jill R's blog post. Her rhetoric describing Timothy "conniving his way through childhood" is downright terrifying after reading I Fired God. And holy shit, that boy does NOT need to be fasting.[/quotes

]

This whole "consistently correcting" thing just gives me the creeps. After reading I Fired God, and Girl At The End Of The World, I just know this means constant spankings (beatings). These kinds of people wouldn't dare take a child development class or read a book other than those Training books on child discipline. After all, us wordly people don't understand godly ways. And to post it! How embarrassing for the kid. My dad used to love to tell company "I wouldn't hesitate to take a strap to any of my kids". I would just hate him for it.

• Love 8

Fasting saves on food costs, so I bet JRod encourages it. 

Jill's parents obviously didn't value schooling (based on her writing skills) and most likely beat the kids into submission. I feel bad for her sister, who probably had a shitty childhood and now is paralyzed as a young adult. Jill, of course, never misses an opportunity to fame whore by plastering her blog with poses of her with her "crippled" sister. 

David isn't exactly photogenic, which is probably the kiss of death to Jill's grand dreams of a TV career. The kids need to escape these stupid adults--I use the term "adults" loosely--and go look for a decent meal. People on death row get fed more. 

• Love 6

Holy hell - Jill is too dumb to realize the side by side pic of her evacuated son next to overweight dad is a bit inappropriate?

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IMG_0477.jpg

Senor Rodrigues has this look about him like he has bad breath and drools a lot. The elevator doesn't seem to reach the top floor. His eyes look dead. I guess we know where all the food is going to...and it ain't the Rodrigues children, that's for sure. I wonder if food deprivation is used as punishment in their household? If a Rodrigues child disobeys their headship, he gets to eat their dinner and the child goes without? I wouldn't put it past these freak shows.

• Love 13

This post by Jill Rodrigues is so typically Fundie on so many levels. It's characteristically Fundie to always assume other UNBELIEVER parents are less caring and less holy than they. And that NORMAL childhood and teen behavior is inherently BAD. And that socialization beyond the confines of one's own family is so dangerous to one's very soul. She seems to take such pride in her 16 year old son fasting, but I have serious doubts this wingnut mom would recognize anorexia. And, finally, is it a Fundie thing that Patriarchs end up looking like they're third trimester preggers and, amazingly, seem proud of it?

Fasting? That poor lad needs a decent meal....I'd feed those poor kids a decent meal while Gomez Addams-Munster and The Corpse Bride ( who looks like an aging drag queen) go out on one of their dates...

• Love 8

My head is still spinning after reading that. Love the side shot picture of Timothy & his dad. I think Tim needs to "encourage"™ Dad to fast.

HA! Looking at this picture, it's no wonder David deleted my YouTube comment asking if they believe husbands are also supposed to keep trim for their wives. (In response to Jill's comment on her painfully long makeup/hair/beauty tutorial that wives need to try to keep slim for their husbands.) I think it hit a little too close to home, which of course was my plan. ;)

Timothy is such a hard worker!  Jill's dream job for Timothy would probably be working for Jim Bob cleaning toilets while courting one of his girls.  Is Joy the right age for him?  Maybe that's the kind of guy that has come a-courtin' for Jana.  Timothy might be a very nice young man, but who wants to get caught up with that crazy crowd?

He's 16 and Joy's 18, so sure. Bin didn't mind being a couple years younger than Jessa. Totally agree that a Duggar courtship would be a dream come true for Jill! She's trying -- she's weaseled her way into "fellowshipping" with the Kellers and Bateses and probably is already planning on "just happening" to be near the TTH sometime soon in the stink bus.

Does Jill have any kids that match in age for marriageable Duggars? What is marriageable anyway, 16, 14? Wasn't Josh courting or engaged at 14 or something? IF there is  a super young courtship I would want media attention directly on this practice, but just like blanket training, it's unlikely they ever reveal this side of themselves. They did come close with the Josiah thing. Imagine if one of her daughters lined up with whichever Duggar boy it is who is 14 but looks 11. Courtships don't look so quaint then do they leghumpers? 

You're so right that they'll never admit the truth about blanket training, or just how extreme their patriarchal views are. But no, Josh was 20/21 when he began courting and the youngest that's ever been reported was Marjorie being 17 and Josiah 18 when they began their now failed courtship. I've known some pretty extreme Quiverfull types but have not observed underage courtship/marriage as being a common issue.

• Love 5

Think you got a little mixed up. Once they hit puberty, the Duggar guys look like they are 10 years OLDER than they are but act much younger. (Jackson for example. He's 11 going on 12 but acts like he's 6. Soon he'll start with the receding hairline & look like he's 22.)

• Love 4

Think you got a little mixed up. Once they hit puberty, the Duggar guys look like they are 10 years OLDER than they are but act much younger. (Jackson for example. He's 11 going on 12 but acts like he's 6. Soon he'll start with the receding hairline & look like he's 22.)

The Duggars have a really weird, convoluted Benjamin Button thing going on, don't they?

• Love 4

The Duggars are English/Scottish/Irish. Once the boys stop their education and start their busywork jobs, they work outside, and those ethnicities aren't very UV resistant.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Holy hell - Jill is too dumb to realize the side by side pic of her emaciated son next to overweight dad is a bit inappropriate?

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IMG_0477.jpg

Edited as I posted from phone not noticing that autocorrect changed emaciated to evacuated... Really Apple??  Really?

Quoting my own post as I just noticed that Apple autocorrect jacked up my sentence.  Poor Timothy is completely emaciated!  And David looks like he is carrying their next "blessing"....  Neither Jill nor David see an issue here???  

IMG_0477-300x225.jpg

• Love 4

Jill's blog post:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

So she complains that Timothy was JUST like her with him always thinking about himself! Oh and everyone of her blog posts about her kids reads like a Christian Mingle ad. Jill please stop! I can see her kids getting married young JUST to get away from her kray kray! 

I can't believe I just wasted two minutes of my life reading that dreck.  Also, if she thinks her son qualifies as "strapping", I know several 6-foot-five, 250 pound 16 year olds I can introduce her and her 90-pound weakling son to.

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 3

I'm confused about this fasting thing. My experience with fasting is usually that it's done during a specific time set aside for prayer or an activity not usually more than 24 hours. 

Is this kid fasting as some kind of permanent situation? 

I can't even wrap my head around her calling her sister 'crippled'. 

• Love 2

That blog post is def in answer to criticism about how the kids look like they all need a burger with extra fries.  Really if he is fasting because he's hoping his portion goes to one of his siblings, or he's got some sort of eating disorder - though from the years of pictures of those poor kids I'd say they have all missed meals.   I can barely stand to look at these well fed idiot parents and read those twisted faith values. She was on a rampage a year or two ago because one of the kids threw away a container of ice cream and there was maybe two spoonfuls left...you just knew whoever had done that was probably punished severely the next day.   

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 7

You're so right that they'll never admit the truth about blanket training, or just how extreme their patriarchal views are. But no, Josh was 20/21 when he began courting and the youngest that's ever been reported was Marjorie being 17 and Josiah 18 when they began their now failed courtship. I've known some pretty extreme Quiverfull types but have not observed underage courtship/marriage as being a common issue.

There's been a longstanding rumor, however, that Josh was courting or engaged or something to a girl when he was 14, possibly representing the family's first attempt to distract him with a more suitable (i.e., non-family) partner to stop his nighttime raids on his sisters' bunk beds. Who knows whether it's true, of course. But it's been widely cited in many places for years, and we do know that some long-bandied-about-but-often-disbelieved rumors about Josh have been true, so it does seem possible.

Here's a 2015 report of it -- http://starmagazine.com/2015/06/03/josh-duggar-was-betrothed-to-marry-before-anna-arkansas-politician-father-covers-up-the-story/

"According to sources, Josh Duggar was ‘betrothed’ at 14 to the daughter of former Arkansas General Assemblyman Jim Holt. This commitment to marry was made during the same period of time back in 2002 to 2003, when Josh was at the height of his unconscionable behavior of molesting his younger sisters, among other girls. Reportedly, the Duggars and the Holts attended the same church —"

• Love 4

That Maxwell boy who is TOTALLY voluntarily fasting in order to get right with God (as sixteen year-old boys are wont to do) doesn't just look too skinny--he looks malnourished. All the kids do. They look frail and discolored. How the hell have they not been investigated by CPS, with Jill's crazy rants and disturbing pictures plastered all over the internet? The Jesus umbrella again?

Edited by Aja
  • Love 12

That Maxwell boy who is TOTALLY voluntarily fasting in order to get right with God (as sixteen year-old boys are wont to do) doesn't just look too skinny--he looks malnourished. All the kids do. They look frail and discolored. How the hell have they not been investigated by CPS, with Jill's crazy rants and disturbing pictures plastered all over the internet? The Jesus umbrella again?

I think they keep moving from jurisdiction to jursidiction, Nobody can catch them. Probably why they left the house. 

• Love 6

My bet is the Jesus umbrella plus the fact that they're homeschooled -- and so have fewer contacts with any system than they might have -- and, especially, that they've been a very long time on the road, repeatedly. When they're moving quickly from state to state, who's going to catch up with them or see for sure that they're their jurisdiction? Etc. .

• Love 4

The Maxwell family has a house full of stay at home daughters. The skinny fasting 16 year old is Timothy Rodrigues. Jill Rodrigues's son. They have an army of kids crammed into an RV.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2

I guess Fundy children are always worried they're gonna get a whipping for exhibiting what most parents may not always approve of, but as long as it's not too bad, most parents write it off as normal developmental behavior for kids and teens...

I seems to me to boil down to the patriarch wanting all within the sound of his voice to respect his "authoritay"

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2

If the Rodrigues stink RV was parked next to the Duggar stink bus would they raise a stink cloud so overwhelming as to cause the apocalypse?  Maybe that is their secret plan. 

• Love 5

I guess Fundy children are always worried they're gonna get a whipping for exhibiting what most parents may not always approve of, but as long as it's not too bad, most parents write it off as normal developmental behavior for kids and teens...

I seems to me to boil down to the patriarch wanting all within the sound of his voice to respect his "authoritay"

My all time favorite SP episode.
  • Love 2

There's been a longstanding rumor, however, that Josh was courting or engaged or something to a girl when he was 14, possibly representing the family's first attempt to distract him with a more suitable (i.e., non-family) partner to stop his nighttime raids on his sisters' bunk beds. Who knows whether it's true, of course. But it's been widely cited in many places for years, and we do know that some long-bandied-about-but-often-disbelieved rumors about Josh have been true, so it does seem possible.

Here's a 2015 report of it -- http://starmagazine.com/2015/06/03/josh-duggar-was-betrothed-to-marry-before-anna-arkansas-politician-father-covers-up-the-story/

"According to sources, Josh Duggar was ‘betrothed’ at 14 to the daughter of former Arkansas General Assemblyman Jim Holt. This commitment to marry was made during the same period of time back in 2002 to 2003, when Josh was at the height of his unconscionable behavior of molesting his younger sisters, among other girls. Reportedly, the Duggars and the Holts attended the same church —"

I have seen that betrothal rumor, but wasn't sure how much credit to give it. If it's true, it's just another example of the Duggars lying on camera. If they really believe in parent-arranged betrothals at such a young age, that needs to be brought to light and thoroughly condemned. But of course, they never would admit it so we'll never know for sure! Unless the Holt girl talks. I wish she would.

• Love 4

I have seen that betrothal rumor, but wasn't sure how much credit to give it. If it's true, it's just another example of the Duggars lying on camera. If they really believe in parent-arranged betrothals at such a young age, that needs to be brought to light and thoroughly condemned. But of course, they never would admit it so we'll never know for sure! Unless the Holt girl talks. I wish she would.

It's a true story: http://www.inquisitr.com/2359038/duggar-family-failed-to-treat-son-joshs-sex-addiction/

• Love 1

The Maxwell family has a house full of stay at home daughters. The skinny fasting 16 year old is Timothy Rodrigues. Jill Rodrigues's son. They have an army of kids crammed into an RV.

Of course! Doy! I guess you seen one fundie, you seen em all. :)

• Love 3

It's a fascinating article and I had totally forgotten the Holts were mentioned on 14 Children and Pregnant Again. It still doesn't look like they ever admitted to a betrothal at 14 though, does it? It's probably true; I just wonder how we can know for sure?

You had it right up above, I'd say. Unless the Holt daughter says someday that it's true, we'll never know. And since I expect she's very unlikely to do that, we'll never know.

My money's on its being true, though, I must say. They could have easily been envisioning a long engagement that would distract Josh and thinking about a wedding at age 16 or 17 or so, which wouldn't seem too young to JB and M -- still doesn't seem all that young to them, really, what with the Marjorie courting.

• Love 2

Re: poor, skinny Timothy and his "fasting", I have a question that one of the posters who was raised Fundie may be able to answer. Is fasting really a part of Fundie culture? Having been raised Catholic, I know that fasting is a big part of Catholic ritual, but except for very high-Church Episcopalians, I've never known Protestants to be into it. And considering how anti-Catholic many hard-core Fundies are ("Catholics aren't really Christians"), wouldn't they regard fasting as suspiciously and dangerously "Papist"?

It makes me wonder if Jill would normally be opposed to the concept of fasting, but latched onto it as a way to explain why her kid is so malnourished looking (and to save on the food bills). Maybe I'm being unfair to her, but the thought of those two fat slobs leaving their underfed kids behind in the stink bus while they gorge themselves at restaurants makes my blood boil.

• Love 5

Re: poor, skinny Timothy and his "fasting", I have a question that one of the posters who was raised Fundie may be able to answer. Is fasting really a part of Fundie culture? Having been raised Catholic, I know that fasting is a big part of Catholic ritual, but except for very high-Church Episcopalians, I've never known Protestants to be into it. And considering how anti-Catholic many hard-core Fundies are ("Catholics aren't really Christians"), wouldn't they regard fasting as suspiciously and dangerously "Papist"?

It makes me wonder if Jill would normally be opposed to the concept of fasting, but latched onto it as a way to explain why her kid is so malnourished looking (and to save on the food bills). Maybe I'm being unfair to her, but the thought of those two fat slobs leaving their underfed kids behind in the stink bus while they gorge themselves at restaurants makes my blood boil.

Oh yes, fasting overwhelmingly exists for fundies.  It could easily dovetail with "what Jill said" but it functions just as I have heard fasting does in other religions - as a hangry person, "bass-ackwards" in my opinion.  The fasting is supposed to lead to your being able to concentrate less on your physical needs and thus harder on your mental and spiritual regions, thus more and better thoughts and prayers, deepening your spiritual connection with the deity - I always thought it sounded exactly like Ramadan except for the length.  For all we know, the other family members do fast and it doesn't make a difference.  

ETA to add:  I suspect the reason why fundies do it and don't query how or why it has anything to do with any other religion, is because not only is it in the Old Testament, it's in the New, as a command of Christ:

http://www.allaboutgod.com/biblical-fasting.htm

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

But in Judaism and Islam, pregnant women, young children, and those past a certain age or have a medical condition are exempted from fasting if they so choose. I wonder if Fundies apply such common sense? It's probably how they deal with going hungry because 14 kids, stay at home mom...and patriarchy..

• Love 1

I wonder what lucky church will be hosting the Rodrigues family for Easter Sunday? I'm sure Jill & David are already planning on how they'll spend the Love Offering.

"Christ the Lord is Risen Today" will never be the same after they get done with it. I can already hear the screechy violins & out of tune instruments in my head. I guess the Easter Bunny isn't allowed to visit their RV.

• Love 5

I wonder what lucky church will be hosting the Rodrigues family for Easter Sunday? I'm sure Jill & David are already planning on how they'll spend the Love Offering.

"Christ the Lord is Risen Today" will never be the same after they get done with it. I can already hear the screechy violins & out of tune instruments in my head. I guess the Easter Bunny isn't allowed to visit their RV.

So, do they have about 10 more years before church folks stop feeling sorry for them and their dozen or so kids before they'll need steady income? They don't seem especially talented, so I'm assuming the church bookings and love offerings will stop when most of the kids are gone, or at least over the age of 10.

A printing business doesn't seem that it would be very lucrative in a time when most things can be accessed online and most homes have personal printers. What will they be printing? Religious tracts? Wedding invitations? Church bulletins?

I hope they have a plan B, especially if they have half a dozen SAHDs still unmarried.

• Love 2

You had it right up above, I'd say. Unless the Holt daughter says someday that it's true, we'll never know. And since I expect she's very unlikely to do that, we'll never know.

My money's on its being true, though, I must say. They could have easily been envisioning a long engagement that would distract Josh and thinking about a wedding at age 16 or 17 or so, which wouldn't seem too young to JB and M -- still doesn't seem all that young to them, really, what with the Marjorie courting.

It's just so icky, if true, for Jim Bob and Michelle to attempt to use a young girl to redirect Josh's hormonal urges away from his sisters and toward thoughts of marriage. At 14, and also at 16-18, the brain is so far from fully developed and in my opinion it's way too young to make a life commitment like marriage! And it would be so much healthier, to be frank, to simply embrace that masturbation is normal and healthy, rather than their absurd notion that marital sex is the only time it's ever okay to release "tension." To a teenage boy in particular, that's just so unhealthy.

It remains unclear to me how forcing your body into intense hunger via fasting is likely to lessen one's concentration on physical needs.

I have never understood that! Fasting wasn't a big part of my fundie upbringing, and I was Reformed Presbyterian, but my parents did it very occasionally and I tried a couple of times. All I really thought about was how hungry I was! Maybe for a very spiritually committed person, there's a better outcome, but it didn't work for me.

• Love 5

Fundy & fasting makes sense to me. So much of what the Duggars and the like do is deprive themselves of everyday pleasures, so it seems to me they would think fasting would somehow bring them closer to God.

So the afterlife must have like box seats or something, cuz it seems Fundies are always trying to out Fundy themselves and each other.

• Love 6

The Easter Bunny wouldn't dare get near that stink bus. Jill would throw it in a pot to cook for dinner. David didn't get that gut by eating thin gruel, you know.

• Love 4

I snuck over to the JillR family ministry website to see how they were celebrating our risen lord and saviour and I sat through the entire video of their new home! I just HAD to turn it off the sound, but it looked as if Pa prayed over his printing press for an awfully long time.

The home looks , to me, to have been purchased furnished from an elderly couple, who perhaps moved into a retirement home. ALL those figurines, gnomes, plastic and straw flowers everywhere and the furniture and afghans and lamps all seem old peoplish! And all that twig decor on the walls. Of course, for the ridiculous amount of wooden-with-writing jesus decor EVERYWHERE, including all the bathrooms, they must have hit a good fundie church rummage sale!

I liked the way the camera lingered over the marriage bed! This is where our blessings come from! It's too bad the printing press isn't paying off and the family had to go back on the road. Those poor children.

• Love 5

You have to wonder if they suckered some old couple into willing that house to them!? Where would they ever have the money for a downpayment? Jill was really cagey when people asked her about her house seeking. 

Anyways, I hope they are well feed today and Happy Easter to you guys!

• Love 5

The thing that bothered me the most was the video where each child was spewing something (maybe new-year video?), and the little girls were mimicking their mothers strange 'SNL-worthy kindergarten teacher' voice. If I didn't know better, I would have thought they were mocking Jill. Fortunately, the older girls seemed to have normal speech. Imagine something as personal as your voice being warped for jebus. 

• Love 3

Nah, he'd eat all the Easter candy so the poor kids wouldn't even get a sniff.

Therefore since it costs too much money to do this for 12 kids, they gave to invent an excuse that Easter candy is somehow evil and therefore score more Fundy Plus Points for martyrdom and being so self righteous.

I'm sure most large Fundy families can't afford the expense of all these holiday occasions so they use the idea of "former pagan holiday" to opt out. Some may sincerely believe that but they are usually not sending out sanctimonious posts on social media...to let us know just how much more Fundier-than-Thou they are...they just quietly and humbly do it.

I guess we can hope the poor kids at least get a decent meal at whatever church hosts them.

• Love 4

So far heard nothing new from TFDW...

The Maxwells have weighed in as well. They call it Resurrection Sunday in lieu of Easter. I'm wondering if that's becoming a trend among churches.

Easter IS about celebrating the Resurrection and not about bunnies and eggs, after all. We were taught that as kids but we always got an Easter basket.

Makes sense as Easter is derived from oestra which is Latin for egg. Same word from which estrogen is derived. Eggs symbolize new life. Naming a holiday after the root word for estrogen doesn't seem to sit well in patriarchy it would seem.

Though most Christians know it's all about the Resurrection and Resurrection Sunday is just as appropriate, I'm suspicious of the Maxwellian motives. I would defend to the death their right to call it whatever they want, but this is the same mind that accused his wife of idolatry for enjoying Pepsi, thus destroying another of the few indulgences she has.

Their post for Easter was not over the top...they did a nice job of it .

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
Makes sense as Easter is derived from oestra which is Latin for egg. Same word from which estrogen is derived. Eggs symbolize new life. Naming a holiday after the root word for estrogen doesn't seem to sit well in patriarchy it would seem.

I thought the reluctance to use the name Easter for the holiday was due to the pagan connection to the goddess Eostre? And that easter bunnies and eggs are evil because of their pagan roots as well.

• Love 4

I thought the reluctance to use the name Easter for the holiday was due to the pagan connection to the goddess Eostre? And that easter bunnies and eggs are evil because of their pagan roots as well.

I agree that's definitely part of it. Early Christians who converted pagans gave their old symbols a new meaning. I grew up in the Episcopal Church, where eggs and butterflies were seen as symbols of resurrection and baby chicks and rabbits ( regarded by pagans as fertility symbols) came to symbolize the new life in Christ.

..I can well understand and respect the reluctance of wishing to use something else in lieu of pagan origin. I won't mock anyone for that. Also it's where the word estrogen comes from...patriarchy doesn't seem to like that association either. I just commenting on the parallel and that Maxwell might have also seen it as a bonus to reinforce his patriarchal ideas.

I have no philosophical or religious problem with it being called Resurrection Sunday....though the RCC, most other Christian denominations still use the word Easter on their calendars.

• Love 4

The Easter Bunny wouldn't dare get near that stink bus. Jill would throw it in a pot to cook for dinner. David didn't get that gut by eating thin gruel, you know.

"I will NOT be ignored Dan!!!!" Sorry, when you mentioned the rabbit in the pot, I had to go there....

I can picture the Rodrigues kids in the Stink Bus eating those dollar Banquet frozen dinners while Jill and Chimp Boy enjoy the Easter buffet at the Four Seasons.

• Love 6
..I can well understand and respect the reluctance of wishing to use something else in lieu of pagan origin. I won't mock anyone for that.

I don't mock it exactly, I just find it really baffling since to me it's like they are trying to bowdlerize their own history. In the early days of Christianity the Christian beliefs mingled with the old religions and it was one of the things that made Christianity even possible. It happened. Why can't they just acknowledge that and accept it as part of the history of their religion? Especially since by now the old names and traditions have lost their religious significance, they're just cutesy traditions to amuse the kids. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is. Then again I live in a country where, after a thousand years of Christianity, our second most important holiday is midsummer when we cheerfully erect and dance around a giant pagan phallos symbol so what do I know? ;)

• Love 9