Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Or Brandi was pointing out that Kyle wasn't new to the world of pot and is so clueless to the goings ons.

Well since everyone keeps giving her the opening by keeping the same old song playing on repeat at every function then I guess never.

Ordering pot and hash off a menu in a coffee house was new to most everyone at the table and probably 98% of the audience.  I think they were using a little poetic license-just like when they show people going into pot stores in California and start talking about edibles and butters.  They might all be guilty of a little bad acting but it didn't deserve the reaction Brandi had on the street.  They have the same type of scenes when they get their kitties waxes-only Kim calls hers a wiener.

• Love 6

I'm going to stay out of the addiction conversation, as I think everything to be said on it has been written. I do wonder, though, about Kim's dismissal/hatred of Eileen and possibly a contributing factor to her Lisa disgust. Way way back in the day, when Kim was a SUPERSTAR, there was still a stigma attached to soap opera acting. Prior to the Luke and Laura General Hospital years, if you came from a soap you were often dismissed as a hack. Daytime Emmys seem to have come from this, and are really a separate entity from the "real" Emmy show. Kim may feel a daytime Emmy isn't even in the same league as a "real" Emmy. 

I could see Kim, in her eyes, being well above mere soap stars, while still lusting for the steady gig and large paycheck a soap job provides. Another coal to add to the bitter fire.

• Love 9
(edited)

If she was working a program she would have apologized to LisaR for that limo ride to Poker Night. That , in and of itself , deserved an apology. If someone was acting that way towards me I would have been terrified.

I could tell when she came back last season she wasn't working a program. She was expecting people to make apologies to HER instead of making amends to others. Now of course that's just what we saw but that's supposedly when she was riding the pink cloud of newly found sobriety.

I have been sober 7 plus years . That time period doe not include slip ups with other people's pain meds and Xanax. She is at best acting like a big dry drunk and at worst pill popping .Find your sobriety and work a program Kim for yourself and your kids and quit lashing out at everyone around you. Chances are if you're having a problem with most people the problem is YOU!

So she's to be crucified for past events or for what Lisa R and Eileen are now newly subjected to? Look it would slightly make more sense if Lisa V were the one to be all in the biz voicing her concern or aggravation what have you because she's had more experience with Kim in a not sober state but it isn't. The mouthpiece is a HW who just joined. This is what I mean about I feel for Kim.

I'm focusing on her behavior after her last 3 years of sobriety or longer lasting bouts on the wagon whatever. I don't agree that just anyone can jump on the "call her on her shit" wagon on behalf of someone else. Speak on what affects you, not what affects you plus what I'm privy about regarding you and your sister, not I've got history with addicts and I'm referring to you taking A pill (cause that's Lisa R's reference whether she has more examples or not the PILL was confirmed their hemming and hawing about Kim during Kyle's event was just meanspirited speculation because by that point her and Eileen chose sides).

If Kim needs to pay dues fine but I personally don't think whenever an issue creeps up with her sobriety that its back to square one and all her past regrets have to be drudged up again. Noone would ever get out from under it if that's the way it's supposed to go.

Edited because I obviously don't know how to use quotes on this site! So sorry!

Edited by pdean82
  • Love 12
(edited)

I think anyone who has been around Kim for an extended period of time knows that one should just nod and say, "You are right, Kim."  Lisar has learned it the hard way. Eileen still isn't there.

I am just over the enabling of Kim.  

Do you really think LisaR has learned that lesson well enough not to do it again?   I wonder if she has the self control to stick to it.  For whatever reason, she was encouraging Eileen to speak to Kim directly.  After what she just went through, I can't help but wonder why she would do that.   In the clip of Eileen and LisaR having a conversation about Kim's behavior and the restaurant fiasco, Eileen felt LisaR didn't have her back and questioned her new peace treaty with Kim.  I thought it was interesting that LisaR hestitated before answering.  I doubt she was at a loss for words;  she seems quite capable in that department.  It just seemed to me that she was having a hard time explaining (or rationalizing) why she called a truce with Kim.  Perhaps that was production's idea so that we'd think she did it to protect Harry's "secret."  The one that TMZ reported was fabricated by Kim.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I think that LisaR stated it best right before Kim came to her room. She is in survival mode at that point. Anything to just make it through the trip without having Kim attack her again. I think that she is trying her best to avoid another nasty and public confrontation, and I truly think that she scared herself with her reaction to Kim's attack. Who knows how she would react to a second one. She just might go completely gangsta and shank a bitch.

• Love 11

No, Taylor tried to defend herself but Kim kept cutting her off, so Taylor just accepted it and let it pass without going apeshit on Kim/Kyle. She was really pretty gracious about what they did especially considering they used 1 incident, which was a lie, to try and make Kim look sober and to give her, Kim, a storyline because Kim had nothing otherwise.

Sounds about right

• Love 1

Interesting....

Last night I was watching a Teen Mom catch-up episode with Amber, known primarily for domestic violence against her boyfriend and substance abuse.

Like Kim, Amber refused to watch her behavior over the seasons of Teen Mom.

I'm not a licensed clinician, but it seems to me watching one's own ghastly behavior while using could be a positive learning tool, even reinforcement to keep one on the straight and narrow.

This is the second reality TV personality I've seen who refuses to watch their antics captured on film.  

Like Kim, Amber also had a lot of relapses.

I think if I were in the shoes of Kim or Amber, as unpleasant as it may be, I'd want to view footage of myself in a strung out condition to keep myself on track.

In fact, I think I'd probably watch it anytime I started to feel the temptation of relapsing, just to remind myself how horrid I was.

Of course the big difference between Amber and Kim is that Amber finally owned up to her drug use, and acknowledged the whole kit and kaboodle. Kim has not had her rock bottom. She didn't enter rehab because she finally acknowledged her addiction and wanted help. She entered rehab because her alcoholism was publicly outed, and she felt she had no choice in the eyes of the public, and in order to save her Housewives gig. Then there were reports she left after a week, and of course In her post-rehab interview with Andy, she was stoned out of her mind. She is still an addict in denial.

• Love 7

I'm going to stay out of the addiction conversation, as I think everything to be said on it has been written. I do wonder, though, about Kim's dismissal/hatred of Eileen and possibly a contributing factor to her Lisa disgust. Way way back in the day, when Kim was a SUPERSTAR, there was still a stigma attached to soap opera acting. Prior to the Luke and Laura General Hospital years, if you came from a soap you were often dismissed as a hack. Daytime Emmys seem to have come from this, and are really a separate entity from the "real" Emmy show. Kim may feel a daytime Emmy isn't even in the same league as a "real" Emmy. 

I could see Kim, in her eyes, being well above mere soap stars, while still lusting for the steady gig and large paycheck a soap job provides. Another coal to add to the bitter fire.

Never thought of it that way.  There do seem to be a couple-a couples on this show; two soap actresses and two single woman ... who have problems with each other. lol  Does Kim have an Emmy?  I'd never heard of her (or Kyle) before this show so I've never seen anything that she's been in. 

I always figured that the biggest reason Kim hates Lisa, besides the fact that Lisa saw through her BS, is because she is Kyle's friend and has been for years.  I wonder how Kim feels about her sister's friends and how much time Kyle spends with them.  I know she and Lisa V never got along, but I wonder about the rest. 

And as to why I think she has a problem with Eileen, besides the fact that Eileen saw through her BS, is because Eileen is the top paid HW ever, I think, but definitely for this show.  Both she and Kim are actresses but Eileen is still a successful one, while Kim is not.  Didn't Kim know Vince back in the day?  Could that have something to do with it? 

I honestly think both Kim and Brandi are jealous of Lisa R and Eileen -- both are beautiful, rich, and successful and have husbands who love them and intact families.  Kim and Brandi seem bitter toward any women who have those things.  Above all though, I just think they are pissed for possibly taking their spots on the show. Maybe I'm wrong and their hate is motivated by other factors, but they seem so strangely fixated on those two and so cruel to them.     

• Love 8
(edited)

Do you really think that poker night was the only time they saw Kim high? I mean I bet she gets high all the time and the others have to deal with it. Everyone has their own go to response that was illustrated at the famous glass breaking intervention.

Yolanda: Look confused and wonder why there are not more Lemons on the table. (And tell everyone Gigi is a model}

Kyle: Look like a deer in the headlights and flee when it gets sticky. (Plus when Cathy is mentioned she shits her pants, reflex)

Eileen: Turn around her high horse so it can crap on the table. (And practice her favorite Soap Opera Responses)

Brandi: Enable because when you hang with someone more screwed up than you then you look better. (Next bestie: Jodi Arias)

LisaV: Make a sex joke and dissemble and wait until it was time to dress a comatose lapdog in a tuxedo (not referring to Ken)

LisaR: Apologize to the Crack head and when that doesn't work go all Medford on her drugged out ass(with maybe a second job performing weddings)

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 11

Do you really think LisaR has learned that lesson well enough not to do it again?   I wonder if she has the self control to stick to it.  For whatever reason, she was encouraging Eileen to speak to Kim directly.  After what she just went through, I can't help but wonder why she would do that.   In the clip of Eileen and LisaR having a conversation about Kim's behavior and the restaurant fiasco, Eileen felt LisaR didn't have her back and questioned her new peace treaty with Kim.  I thought it was interesting that LisaR hestitated before answering.  I doubt she was at a loss for words;  she seems quite capable in that department.  It just seemed to me that she was having a hard time explaining (or rationalizing) why she called a truce with Kim.  Perhaps that was production's idea so that we'd think she did it to protect Harry's "secret."  The one that TMZ reported was fabricated by Kim.

I agreed with Lisa R.

If Eileen has an issue with Kim (which she rightfully should), it's up to Eileen to address that with Kim personally.

I actually found myself more wondering why the fresh hell Eileen expected Lisa R to insert herself back into that volatile situation.

How would one even preface that?  "BTW, Kim, I have an issue with the ridiculous attack you launched on Eileen last night as well"?

This is the first time I've seen Eileen engaging in what (at least from the preview) appears to be shit-stirring.

If you have an issue with someone, deal with it directly.  Don't bring in a third party to somehow act on your behalf.

That's how most of the shitstorms on these franchises start, one housewife sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong.

I'm curious to see the entire exchange between Eileen and Lisa before judging Eileen too harshly.

After that I'll be judging shit all over the place.  

• Love 6

I've been reading all the threads and comments about Kim, her addiction, her wacko behavior, etc.   I think I can sum it up pretty well.   Kim is a BITCH!!!   Drugs/no drugs -  alcohol/no alcohol, she is just a plain, stupid, emotionally stunted nasty BITCH!!

• Love 13

Do you really think LisaR has learned that lesson well enough not to do it again? I wonder if she has the self control to stick to it. For whatever reason, she was encouraging Eileen to speak to Kim directly. After what she just went through, I can't help but wonder why she would do that. In the clip of Eileen and LisaR having a conversation about Kim's behavior and the restaurant fiasco, Eileen felt LisaR didn't have her back and questioned her new peace treaty with Kim. I thought it was interesting that LisaR hestitated before answering. I doubt she was at a loss for words; she seems quite capable in that department. It just seemed to me that she was having a hard time explaining (or rationalizing) why she called a truce with Kim. Perhaps that was production's idea so that we'd think she did it to protect Harry's "secret." The one that TMZ reported was fabricated by Kim.

A blind item reported that a reality star was told she would be fired if she did NOT say "something" was made up. Then, it was reported that Kim would defuse this Harry shit by saying she made it up. (at the reunion or before.)

The implication (if you want to dive beneath the text) is that the Harry shit is real shit and Lisa needed to meet K halfway. Thus, different Lisa, scared of Kim as the rest.

I prefer my version: no secret but Lisa stepping back and refusing to engage further so long as the firing has stopped. Mutual cease fire, not surrender. That's the text. But YMMV.

• Love 1

Do you really think that poker night was the only time they saw Kim high? I mean I bet she gets high all the time and the others have to deal with it. Everyone has their own go to response that was illustrated at the famous glass breaking intervention.

I hear ya on that one, Trooper.

I'm wondering how many shenanigans might have been left on the cutting room floor this season, especially in light of the fact that production confirmed way back in season 1 they had miles of shit they opted not to show.

We really don't know how much of Kim's fuckery the other women may have had to endure, just like in season 1.

Not saying that's the case but it's definitely a possibility.  

• Love 5

I think LisaR's hesitation before answering Eileen is because she was sort of caught - her whole mantra has been: "why is everyone so afraid of Kim Richards? This behavior needs to be called out!" And then when Eileen asked her why she decided to sweep everything under the carpet, she replied that she was afraid of Kim. Woops! So when Eileen kept questioning, LisaR was at a loss. Should be interesting...

• Love 2
(edited)

What have they asked her not to do that didn't result from Poker night and EVERYBODY's role is escalating it to what we have now?

I am not clear on what you are asking, but I do know that "everybody" should include Kim. She is not a helpless human being who needs to be monitored and catered to. Kim has plenty to own up to.

I do know Kim was asked by Kyle to not take Brandi to the gay mixer. Did Kim comply? No. Likely, Brandi had a hand in that, no doubt, but still, Kim was the one who was asked to not take the tampon queen.

Do you really think that poker night was the only time they saw Kim high? I mean I bet she gets high all the time and the others have to deal with it.

Not at all. I think there are other instances that have never been revealed. If Brandi were not Kim's bestie, I am sure she would be spilling beans left and right. Exaggerations would be mixed in, but nonetheless, Brandi would be spilling.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Brandi: Enable because when you hang with someone more screwed up than you then you look better. (Next bestie: Jodi Arias)

LOL!  Oh, this is definitely why Brandi is friends with Kim.  When she's in the "Cool Girls Club", she's too fucked up to fit in and be accepted, but when she's sitting next to Kim, she thinks it makes her stand out and look like the better option.  Brandi doesn't seem to realize that sitting next to Kim makes them blend together and no one can tell them apart. 

• Love 9

So she's to be crucified for past events or for what Lisa R and Eileen are now newly subjected to? Look it would slightly make more sense if Lisa V were the one to be all in the biz voicing her concern or aggravation what have you because she's had more experience with Kim in a not sober state but it isn't. The mouthpiece is a HW who just joined. This is what I mean about I feel for Kim.

Oh, lawd! She isn't being crucified. Or bullied. Or any other buzz word.  Come on. She is being treated the same way every other cast member has been treated. The only difference is that she has been way more nasty than any other cast member, and, for some reason, has been allowed to get away with it for far too long. It's her turn and it's been a long time coming.

Lisa V DID say something during season 3 and was treated to Kim's brand of crazy. 

• Love 13

I don't like it when Bravo brings in new HWs who have long-standing history with some of the cast and not the others. It's not fair. Just as I feel it's unfair to cast sisters on the show. Currently we have Kyle, Eileen Lisar, Lisav and to a lesser extent Yo (The KELLY gang as I like to call them) who all have interconnected past friendships. Before even their first day at work, Lisar and Eileen were assured of established liaisons. They knew going in they had 2 members of the cast who will have their back. Bringing in pre-established Cliques in the workplace is horrible and unfair to the others. It doesn't make for a good group dynamic IMHO. Cliques formed at the workplace as the dynamic of the group evolves is unfortunately unavoidable.

Of course, as was obvious from the scenes at the church(or wherever it was they were huddling at after the glass smashing), Lisar and Kyle sobbing alternatively on Yo, Eileen and Lisav's shoulders, Eileen sobbing on Yo's shoulders, was just appalling to watch. It felt like 4-5 attack dogs licking each other after they had just killed an already half-dead puppy. Sorry. No fun in that Bravo.

NOT Yo, NOT Kyle, NOT Lisav, NOT Eileen...... NOT a single one of these women had the courage or character to tell Lisar that IT WAS NOT OK for her to behave the way she did. Just as they had told Kim earlier. Instead, she gets coddled( I'm sorry, honey, it's ok, It's ok....). WTH?   They had no problem admonishing(and they were justified IMO) Kim. I just find that so  bitchy and clique-y.

Unacceptable behavior is JUST THAT, whether it's someone you like or hate. Call out BOTH. If even ONE of you ladies has any integrity or sense of fairness.Then You earn my respect. I would have so much respect for Kyle, Yo and Lisav if they chastised Lisar the same way they chastised Kim. Just because Lisar is a friend they "adore", she gets a pass. BS.

Add to that, in their written blogs, they seem to be making excuses for Lisar. With comments like
Eileen....."Lisar was provoked, pushed to her breaking point"........ "Lisar was frightened by her reaction to Kim's ambiguous accusations".......(and this gem)..... "the slanderous innuendos pushed her(Lisar's) mama-bear buttons". LOL. Mama-bear buttons? ROTFL.
Lisav....... "there comes a time when one might just snap....against the aggressor, Kim, who is hinting at insidious rumors." Oh Lisav. I expected better from you.

It was almost as if they huddled together and came up with a common theme of defense for Lisar. High school mean girls stuff. Yuck. 

• Love 7

I liked that Eileen pointed out that Kim had not, in fact, apologized for her poker night behavior. And what was Kim's response to Eileen's point? To say that she doesn't like Eileen's face or her hair), and when people make excuses for her atrocious behavior all it does is justify to her that everyone else is in the wrong.

So true.  Kim even told Kyle or Lisa that Lisa R was spreading lies about her.  Not so but that's what Kim thinks and that's how she justifies her ratchet behavior. 

Matilda Moody, I have a Twitter account and follow Lisa R.  I'll be happy to tweet that photo to her.

• Love 4
(edited)

But was Kim really ever a SUPERSTAR? I remember her but up until I started watching the RHoBH I couldnt have told you what her name was, I knew Christy McNichol and still remembered her name all these years later, I remember Lief Garrette (or however you spell his last name) I remember quite a few superstars from the late 70s and 80s but I couldn't remember Kim Richard's name. It wasn't until they explained on the show that she was on the Witch Mountain Movies I had no clue who Kim Richards was. Maybe I'm alone there.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 7

Okay, I admit I've never really understood the theory that the show is scripted. Does that mean production sets certain situations up and whatever happens afterwards happens organically? Or does it mean they have a certain "plot" outlined before the season ever starts and the Housewives each have a role to play in those scenarios (with the housewives providing their own words within the context of the angle Bravo is trying to spin?) As we've seen, every Housewife eventually has to take her turn in the hot seat. Does production let a housewife know if the upcoming season is her turn in the roaster or do they just tell all the other housewives to start hating on a certain housewife and provide them with a ridiculous pretense for doing so (ie, Lisa and the tabloids last year)?

The reason I ask is because I wonder what the storyline for this season was supposed to be before Kim took the pain pill. Seriously, the main story this entire season (at least since the Poker party) has surrounded Kim's sobriety (or lack thereof). And all the other Housewives are like satellites around the story. If Kim had never taken that pill, what would this season's storyline have been?

If the show is partially scripted (season plot "outlines,"housewife in the doghouse," etc), that would mean there's dramatic footage of a different storyline meant for this season on Bravo's cutting room floor (which was shelved the second Kim showed up all whacked out in the limo). Right? Because the only other choice would be that someone was pretty confident Kim would take a pain pill (and act all loco) early enough in the season to make it the entire season's storyline.

Maybe its just best not to try and make sense of these things.

• Love 6
(edited)

Here's the thing. They were in the moment. No production orders. Their immediate response was to side with Lisar. That Kim was in the wrong. All the excuse making in the world comes after the fact. In the moment it is clear who they think is right. Who most commenters and viewers think is in the right. Regardless of the glass breaking and water tossing.

I estimate that the polling runs 90% to 10% against Kim. That was the breakdown in the cast. Lisav, Kyle and Eileen all went back to the hotel to plan how they would drop Kim. How they would isolate her and not film with her or just go home. Until production stepped in and laid the wood.

Yolanda only went back to Kim to scold her and try to hold the trip together. But she looked very uncomfortable hearing Kim incoherent ranting and watching Brandi pick glass out of her tampon.

Actions have consequences. After those actions the consequence was that everyone wanted to film with Lisar. Not the Escapee from Oxycontin mountain. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 22

I mean they are in Amsterdam for crying out loud! You don't think Kim went out and scored some good shit? There has to be a whole reel of stuff they buried. Just sayn'

GMTA and all, Trooper.

When I saw Brandi carrying a white plastic shopping bag after they left the pot shop, I immediately thought OH LOOK, SHE GOT KIM SOME TAKEOUT!!!

And I didn't mean Chinese food.  

• Love 13

But was Kim really ever a SUPERSTAR? I remember her but up until I started watching the RHoBH I couldnt have told you what her name was, I knew Christy McNichol and still remembered her name all these years later, I remember Lief Garrette (or however you spell his last name) I remember quite a few superstars from the late 70s and 80s but I couldn't remember Kim Richard's name. Once I saw her and they explained on the show that she was on the Witch Mountain Movies I had no clue who Kim Richards was. Maybe I'm alone there.

Kim was EVERYWHERE back in the 70s.  If you didn't know her name, you recognized her face.  She was one of the go-to young actresses for everyone, it seemed.  I don't think she was in the Tiger Beats/Teen Beats like Kristy McNichol or Leif Garrett but she was definitely working consistently during that period.

• Love 4

I'll be happy to.

Thank you for your sacrifice.  lol    I'd be much obliged to know whose ugly, beastly face I need to be pointing my finger towards in condemnation after the preview. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yolanda: Look confused and wonder why there are not more Lemons on the table. (And tell everyone Gigi is a model}

Kyle: Look like a deer in the headlights and flee when it gets sticky. (Plus when Cathy is mentioned she shits her pants, reflex)

Eileen: Turn around her high horse so it can crap on the table. (And practice her favorite Soap Opera Responses)

Brandi: Enable because when you hang with someone more screwed up than you then you look better. (Next bestie: Jodi Arias)

LisaV: Make a sex joke and dissemble and wait until it was time to dress a comatose lapdog in a tuxedo (not referring to Ken)

LisaR: Apologize to the Crack head and when that doesn't work go all Medford on her drugged out ass(with maybe a second job performing weddings)

LOL! But that is why I don't believe Kyle where she claims she never seen Kim act like that. Please, this is just Kyle yet again trying to come to Kim's aid. Im sure Kim has had many of these situations like Poker Night and The Dinner before being RHOBH pulling the mean bitch card. Kim even said during the Season 2 reunion before going to rehab the first few times she would pitch a fit "kicking and screaming." Like I said there is a reason why Kyle and Kim don't hang out a lot in public because when Kim is high or drunk she probably turns into someone unbearable/embarrassing to be around. When they were all crying she said "Im sick of defending indefensible behavior" To Kim and to Lisa V. Maybe Kim's bs has chased a few friends away of Kyle's before, hell, even boyfriends in the past. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

So the lack of apology for that one incident is enough to send these women on such a crusade that would more than likely cause more harm than good and create even more outrageous incidents? The logic escapes me.

You missed my point which was, Kim's actions after the fact show that her sobriety is fragile., if indeed she is sober at all. And yes addiction is a life threatening disease so it warrants that big a reaction.

• Love 7
(edited)

I mean they are in Amsterdam for crying out loud! You don't think Kim went out and scored some good shit? There has to be a whole reel of stuff they buried. Just sayn'

I'm surprised Kim hasn't copped to this already by saying, "well I didn't fall off the wagon when I ate that pot brownie because we were in Amsterdam and well, it was legal"

Edited by bagger
  • Love 5

I don't like it when Bravo brings in new HWs who have long-standing history with some of the cast and not the others. It's not fair. Just as I feel it's unfair to cast sisters on the show. Currently we have Kyle, Eileen Lisar, Lisav and to a lesser extent Yo (The KELLY gang as I like to call them) who all have interconnected past friendships. Before even their first day at work, Lisar and Eileen were assured of established liaisons. They knew going in they had 2 members of the cast who will have their back. Bringing in pre-established Cliques in the workplace is horrible and unfair to the others. It doesn't make for a good group dynamic IMHO. Cliques formed at the workplace as the dynamic of the group evolves is unfortunately unavoidable.

Of course, as was obvious from the scenes at the church(or wherever it was they were huddling at after the glass smashing), Lisar and Kyle sobbing alternatively on Yo, Eileen and Lisav's shoulders, Eileen sobbing on Yo's shoulders, was just appalling to watch. It felt like 4-5 attack dogs licking each other after they had just killed an already half-dead puppy. Sorry. No fun in that Bravo.

NOT Yo, NOT Kyle, NOT Lisav, NOT Eileen...... NOT a single one of these women had the courage or character to tell Lisar that IT WAS NOT OK for her to behave the way she did. Just as they had told Kim earlier. Instead, she gets coddled( I'm sorry, honey, it's ok, It's ok....). WTH?   They had no problem admonishing(and they were justified IMO) Kim. I just find that so  bitchy and clique-y.

Unacceptable behavior is JUST THAT, whether it's someone you like or hate. Call out BOTH. If even ONE of you ladies has any integrity or sense of fairness.Then You earn my respect. I would have so much respect for Kyle, Yo and Lisav if they chastised Lisar the same way they chastised Kim. Just because Lisar is a friend they "adore", she gets a pass. BS.

Add to that, in their written blogs, they seem to be making excuses for Lisar. With comments like

Eileen....."Lisar was provoked, pushed to her breaking point"........ "Lisar was frightened by her reaction to Kim's ambiguous accusations".......(and this gem)..... "the slanderous innuendos pushed her(Lisar's) mama-bear buttons". LOL. Mama-bear buttons? ROTFL.

Lisav....... "there comes a time when one might just snap....against the aggressor, Kim, who is hinting at insidious rumors." Oh Lisav. I expected better from you.

It was almost as if they huddled together and came up with a common theme of defense for Lisar. High school mean girls stuff. Yuck. 

Kyle was the center of the show to begin with and bringing in LisaR/Eileen brought it back to the first seasons dynamics but instead of Taylor, there is Brandi.

When LisaR was comforted by Yolanda the first think LisaR said was "I am SO SORRY" to her and she repeated it to everyone. That is the difference between the different groups, when we see Kim/Brandi, there is this sick/fulfilled/orgasmic smile on Kim's face that showed her contempt for Lisa/Eileen/Kyle but also for her host Yolanda, her BF Brandi and Lisa V. There was no apology for her behavior or her part in the fight to Yolanda, Lisa V or even Brandi, none.

And as far as the blogs, don't they all say that physical violence or that breaking the glass, wine toss or face grab was wrong? I believe they did but I don't see that in your post anywhere and IMO, that is important, just as important as their explanation of why they forgive Lisa R.

• Love 9

Okay, I admit I've never really understood the theory that the show is scripted. Does that mean production sets certain situations up and whatever happens afterwards happens organically? Or does it mean they have a certain "plot" outlined before the season ever starts and the Housewives each have a role to play in those scenarios (with the housewives providing their own words within the context of the angle Bravo is trying to spin?) As we've seen, every Housewife eventually has to take her turn in the hot seat. Does production let a housewife know if the upcoming season is her turn in the roaster or do they just tell all the other housewives to start hating on a certain housewife and provide them with a ridiculous pretense for doing so (ie, Lisa and the tabloids last year)?

There should really be a 'fourth wall' thread.

I don't know the goings on at Bravo but I do have friends that work on E!'s 'reality' shows. Basically, they plan out major events for each woman plus all the weekend trips and getaways. They have to do that from the beginning to get their shooting permits approved in time. Just by putting the women together with these parties, they've already ensured drama. Then they pretty much fill in the blanks based on the footage they got (they have loggers watching everything practically in real time).

As far as this season, I really think that Kim's sobriety was the only storyline they had planned. There's plenty of footage from past seasons that ends up on the cutting room floor and I'm pretty sure a lot of it was the worst of Kim. Lots of people have been saying she's gotten a favourable edit, and I agree. Portraying her as strong in her sobriety was probably the lead up to revealing all of her slip ups this season. I think, if it hadn't been the pain pill at poker night, it would only have been a matter of time.

Before poker night, it was a pretty boring season with minimal group interactions. LisaV was doing her own thing and keeping her distance (she still is) and Yoyo was pruning her lemons when she wasn't fighting Lyme's. I think they were just biding their time until Kim finally relapsed on camera because all of a sudden they're getting together every other day. The other storyline I think they were hoping for was a blowup between Lisa and Brandi, but I think both sides were reluctant to engage.

• Love 8

Kim was EVERYWHERE back in the 70s.  If you didn't know her name, you recognized her face.  She was one of the go-to young actresses for everyone, it seemed.  I don't think she was in the Tiger Beats/Teen Beats like Kristy McNichol or Leif Garrett but she was definitely working consistently during that period.

She definitely was everywhere.  

One of my favorites she appeared in was Assault on Precinct 13.

I notice now that also in that flick were Charles Cyphers and Nancy Loomis, both of whom Kyle worked with in Halloween.  

Small casting world for lower budget movies at that time, I guess.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think LisaR's hesitation before answering Eileen is because she was sort of caught - her whole mantra has been: "why is everyone so afraid of Kim Richards? This behavior needs to be called out!" And then when Eileen asked her why she decided to sweep everything under the carpet, she replied that she was afraid of Kim. Woops! So when Eileen kept questioning, LisaR was at a loss. Should be interesting...

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Why would LisaR suddenly do an about face unless she was afraid of what Kim might say about Harry? I don't think LisaR is afraid of Kim or anyone else. She seems very capable of holding her own. The only other explanation is that her reaction was production's doing or her own in order to up her drama and be asked back for next season.

Persnickety and SFoster commented on my post too but i didn't quote them because editing on my iPad is such a pain in the a$$ and I'm too lazy to get up and go use my PC. :)

Persnickety.... I didn't mean to imply that Eileen was right when she said she felt LisaR didn't have her back because there really wasn't a need for her to do so. In a way she kind of did it anyway after telling Kim it was unacceptable for her to talk to her sister the way she does and added that it wasn't' right to talk to anyone that way. I wasn't analyzing or being critical of Eileen but I do question LisaR's motives. There's more to it but I'm just not sure what it is.

SFoster.... You may be right about Harry actually having some secret. That would explain LisaR's uncontrolled rage. If there wasn't something to it she could have just said "what the hell are you talking about?" or something similar but she didn't dismiss it as the rant of a crazed Kim.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

You missed my point which was, Kim's actions after the fact show that her sobriety is fragile., if indeed she is sober at all. And yes addiction is a life threatening disease so it warrants that big a reaction.

Yep, it's not like the HW are icing Kim out because she was caught wearing white after Labor Day.  This is addiction (and possibly mental illness).  It's a big fucking deal.   

When LisaR was comforted by Yolanda the first think LisaR said was "I am SO SORRY" to her and she repeated it to everyone. That is the difference between the different groups, when we see Kim/Brandi, there is this sick/fulfilled/orgasmic smile on Kim's face that showed her contempt for Lisa/Eileen/Kyle but also for her host Yolanda, her BF Brandi and Lisa V. There was no apology for her behavior or her part in the fight to Yolanda, Lisa V or even Brandi, none.

And as far as the blogs, don't they all say that physical violence or that breaking the glass, wine toss or face grab was wrong? I believe they did but I don't see that in your post anywhere and IMO, that is important, just as important as their explanation of why they forgive Lisa R.

Exactly.  Lisa doesn't need to be told that her behavior was wrong, because she already knew that it was.  Lisa doesn't need an intervention to be able to acknowledge her wrongdoings and make amends, because she understands right from wrong.  Lisa made a mistake in an overwhelming situation, accepted responsibility for it, and apologized.  The other HW were there.  They knew how cruel Kim was being, because Kim was cruel to them, too.  Lisa lost her composure and acted inappropriately, and no one thinks that it was OK, but they all understood how she got to that point and do not hold it against her. 

Kim's chronic inappropriate and cruel behavior, and lack of empathy, understanding and remorse is why she is not forgiven.  She is also not forgiven because she has not, to date, asked for forgiveness.  Actions have consequences but not all actions receive the same consequences simply based on who was the one to act.  It may not be "fair", but such is life and it's certainly not fair for Kim to treat others poorly without receiving any comeuppance, which is also a part of life.  Life lessons for everyone!!!  lol 

• Love 17

I'm surprised Kim hasn't copped to this already by saying, "well I didn't fall off the wagon when I ate that pot brownie because we were in Amsterdam and well, it was legal"

She is going to be so pissed that she didn't think of that!

• Love 5

There should really be a 'fourth wall' thread.

I don't know the goings on at Bravo but I do have friends that work on E!'s 'reality' shows. Basically, they plan out major events for each woman plus all the weekend trips and getaways. They have to do that from the beginning to get their shooting permits approved in time. Just by putting the women together with these parties, they've already ensured drama. Then they pretty much fill in the blanks based on the footage they got (they have loggers watching everything practically in real time).

As far as this season, I really think that Kim's sobriety was the only storyline they had planned. There's plenty of footage from past seasons that ends up on the cutting room floor and I'm pretty sure a lot of it was the worst of Kim. Lots of people have been saying she's gotten a favourable edit, and I agree. Portraying her as strong in her sobriety was probably the lead up to revealing all of her slip ups this season. I think, if it hadn't been the pain pill at poker night, it would only have been a matter of time.

Before poker night, it was a pretty boring season with minimal group interactions. LisaV was doing her own thing and keeping her distance (she still is) and Yoyo was pruning her lemons when she wasn't fighting Lyme's. I think they were just biding their time until Kim finally relapsed on camera because all of a sudden they're getting together every other day. The other storyline I think they were hoping for was a blowup between Lisa and Brandi, but I think both sides were reluctant to engage.

Please let this new thread happen. Pretty please. Also I'm so glad Kyle mentioned Brandi's lawyer in her blog, I feel that this could be a step in the right direction! Cmon Kyle get that truth cannon dusted off and point it directly at Brandi and Kim. And if you work in the word tampon, I won't be mad;)

• Love 13

Thanks for the explanation, RHO. Everything you said makes sense. (Sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to copy and paste a comment into my reply... Any help would be much appreciated!).

My brother is a TV sitcom writer/exec producer. I've asked him for the real scoop about The Real Housewives shows, but he pretends not to know. Instead, he makes fun of me "for watching that trash." (Except when I admitted I love the show Sister Wives... that rendered him speechless! Ha!).

• Love 3
(edited)

So the lack of apology for that one incident is enough to send these women on such a crusade that would more than likely cause more harm than good and create even more outrageous incidents? The logic escapes me.

No, its the lack of apology for not just one incident, but many incidents.  Did Kim ever apologize to anyone for her behavior in Hawaii?  Did Kim ever apologize to Adrianne and Paul for holding up their plane?  Did Kim ever apologize to LisaR for her behavior in the limo?  Did Kim ever apologize to Eileen for her behavior at the poker party?  Did Kim ever apologize to Kyle for ANY of the times she screamed at her, whether it was for not being there for her or bitching about Kyle holding them up at the airport?  There have been other instances in between Hawaii and the latest incidents, where Kim had her wagging finger working overtime, but I tuned them out at the time (kind of a 'blah, blah, blah' thing like Kim does when she doesn't care to listen).  I'd like to see a list of the times Kim HAS apologized, rather than blaming others and playing the eternal victim. 

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 15

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Why would LisaR suddenly do an about face unless she was afraid of what Kim might say about Harry? I don't think LisaR is afraid of Kim or anyone else. She seems very capable of holding her own. The only other explanation is that her reaction was production's doing or her own in order to up her drama and be asked back for next season.

Persnickety and SFoster commented on my post too but i didn't quote them because editing on my iPad is such a pain in the a$$ and I'm too lazy to get up and go use my PC. :)

Persnickety.... I didn't mean to imply that Eileen was right when she said she felt LisaR didn't have her back because there really wasn't a need for her to do so. In a way she kind of did it anyway after telling Kim it was unacceptable for to talk to her sister the way she does and added that it wasn't' right to talk to anyone that way. I wasn't analyzing or being critical of Eileen but I do question LisaR's motives. There's more to it but I'm just not sure what it is.

SFoster.... You may be right about Harry actually having some secret. That would explain LisaR's uncontrolled rage. If there wasn't something to it she could have just said "what the hell are you talking about?" or something similar but she didn't dismiss it as the rant of a crazed Kim.

Oh, no worries, Anna, I was just stating my confusion at Eileen's stance in that scene and why on earth she would expect Lisa R to enter the ring against Kim again on her behalf.

You know, color me all sorts of suspicious, but I think something might have been edited out of the dinner scene. 

Somewhere between Kim and the "let's talk about the husband" and Eileen's "you're disgusting" (paraphrased) comment towards Kim.

If we're to presume Kim was fabricating whatever she was going to share with the group (and the world), then I wonder what would cause Eileen to immediately call Kim out as disgusting, and a few seconds later to refer to her as a "sick and vicious human being" (paraphrased).  

I'm wondering if Kim might have actually said something and, maybe for legal reasons, it was edited out.  Kind of like they edited out/blanked out audio during the Adrienne surrogacy storyline.

I mean, I get that it was totally wrong for Kim to go there about one of the husband's, but the immediate gasps of horror that followed just seemed a bit...  well, "premature" to me.  Unless everyone at the table knew what was going on and hence the immediate gasps of horror.  

I just wonder if there wasn't a little more to that scene that was easily edited out.  Hell, if they weren't all aware of this "secret," for all they knew space cadet Kim was going to say Harry trimmed his toenails at the dining room table.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now and go get more coffee.  I'm probably giving what might be missing from that scene way too much thought.  

• Love 8

Oh, no worries, Anna, I was just stating my confusion at Eileen's stance in that scene and why on earth she would expect Lisa R to enter the ring against Kim again on her behalf.

You know, color me all sorts of suspicious, but I think something might have been edited out of the dinner scene. 

Somewhere between Kim and the "let's talk about the husband" and Eileen's "you're disgusting" (paraphrased) comment towards Kim.

If we're to presume Kim was fabricating whatever she was going to share with the group (and the world), then I wonder what would cause Eileen to immediately call Kim out as disgusting, and a few seconds later to refer to her as a "sick and vicious human being" (paraphrased).  

I'm wondering if Kim might have actually said something and, maybe for legal reasons, it was edited out.  Kind of like they edited out/blanked out audio during the Adrienne surrogacy storyline.

I mean, I get that it was totally wrong for Kim to go there about one of the husband's, but the immediate gasps of horror that followed just seemed a bit...  well, "premature" to me.  Unless everyone at the table knew what was going on and hence the immediate gasps of horror.  

I just wonder if there wasn't a little more to that scene that was easily edited out.  Hell, if they weren't all aware of this "secret," for all they knew space cadet Kim was going to say Harry trimmed his toenails at the dining room table.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now and go get more coffee.  I'm probably giving what might be missing from that scene way too much thought.

All I know is - I was watching Kim's jr. high-level rants at LisaR, Eileen, and Kyle, from "Nobody's talking to you...or your face, or your hair" to "You're not a real sister, like Kathy, or my lovely bff Brandi," to "Let's talk about your problems at home..." etc., etc., and I was thinking to myself - she's disgusting, vicious, and mean. Was something edited out? Maybe, but I saw enough to justify LisaR's rage and Eileen's "how dare you?" response.

• Love 9

Thanks for the explanation, RHO. Everything you said makes sense. (Sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to copy and paste a comment into my reply... Any help would be much appreciated!).

My brother is a TV sitcom writer/exec producer. I've asked him for the real scoop about The Real Housewives shows, but he pretends not to know. Instead, he makes fun of me "for watching that trash." (Except when I admitted I love the show Sister Wives... that rendered him speechless! Ha!).

To quote, click on the ["] (side note: have you ever tried to quote a quote symbol?) in the bottom right of the post next the the !!report!! and !!thumbs up!! buttons.

As a former sitcom writer myself, I have a feeling your brother probably doesn't know a whole lot first hand. Reality tv is a whole different beast. Everything I know is from stories my roommate told me when she was editing the Kardashians. Spoiler alert: She says it's just as awful as you imagine, if not worse. But I assume Bravo runs things pretty similarly.

• Love 6

Re: Kim and Eileen. I think Kim has a weird phobia about people preceving her as low class and she seems to preemptively strike out at women she thinks act "high class" or even women who act maturely (I don't mean grown up or correctly exactly, so much as independent or self resolved or steady). Kim always disliked LisaV too and I think it is the same thing. Neither of them do the flustered damsel in distress thing and they both act sort of worldly and non-giggly or something in a way that a little different than the rest of the RHs. It seems to set Kim off. Maybe it's a phobia about being perceived as dumb or uneducated. I don't really know, but I think Kim just doesn't like that type. There is something sort of similar about the general presence of Eileen and LisaV and I don't think Kim likes it. Eileen and LisaV also seem like the type of women who are ok being alone often so maybe that's part of it. Both Kyle and Kim also seem to have a real fear of ever being alone even for short periods so maybe Kim doesn't like women who don't act like they need company all the time.

• Love 6

Something is sketchy about that Amster-damn dinner and it wasn't necessarily the argument.

Excerpt-

"According to TMZ, Kim was also acting–some may call it improv–when she went off on Lisa Rinna in Amsterdam on the most recent episode. As you may recall, in order to deflect from her co-stars concerns about her sobriety, Kim alleged that Lisa was harboring a dark secret about husband Harry Hamlin. The accusation prompted Lisa (also an actress, and the original Billie on Days of Our Lives, Brandi!!) to channel her inner performer, complete with screaming and wine glass shattering antics. When will these women learn that it’s never okay to waste wine?

The site is claiming that Kim made up the whole bit about Harry having skeletons in the closet just to piss off her newbie co-star. Sources close to the show reveal that Kim was hoping to rattle Lisa so she’d stop harping on Kim’s perceived problems. The same insiders share that Kim will admit to her tall tale when the trip is rehashed on the reunion.

While I’m not shocked by this news in any way, shape, or form, it does beg the question…if Kim had no dirt on Harry, why did Lisa get so upset? If Kim was lying, there wasn’t any need for Lisa to fly off the handle. Rather she should have chalked up the accusation to yet another indicator of Kim’s issues. Interesting…isn’t that what actors call a “tell”?"

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/03/06/kim-richards-fabricate-accusations-lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-weeks-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

• Love 5
(edited)

WireWrap writes: 

Saying that Lisar conduct was NOT OK in a written blog SEVERAL MONTHS  AFTER THE FACT has little to no redeeming value in my book.  Just cannot be compared to chastising/berating  Kim the night of the incident when she was the one being physically attacked by Lisar. Apples and oranges. (Sticks and stones....words will never harm me.....etc.The phrase was coined for the specific purpose of teaching little children that physical retaliation as a response to someone else's WORDS is NEVER OK. Little kids know that. 50+ something years Lisar doesn't?)

Of course it's very easy for them  to say that NOW.  They have to cover their collective clique-y behinds for fear of public reaction.

What did they do AT THE TIME about it? NOTHING. Worse, they coddled the perpetrator. Because they "adored" her. Their silence spoke volumes at the time. Sorry, KELLYgang. Neither one of you have moral authority  over anyone else on the show. 

Yes, they may  say NOW that Lisar should not have behaved that way. BUT, and this is important, there is always  a "HOWEVER" or a "BUT" following that. In other words, they claim violence is not ok BUT in this instance it was. LOL. 

Eileen: "I do not condone physical violence, but......"

Lisav: "I adore Lisa, and I don't stand in front of her and condone her actions. However..."

Lisar: "I own the fact that I allowed myself to be provoked but......"

Hypocrites. You find certain WORDS unacceptable but you give a pass to far worse ACTIONS? Double standards galore. 

For what its worth, Kyle is the only one of the 4 who doesn't follow her statement with a "however" or a "but". Give her time. More episodes and the reunion is still to come. 

Edited by jjbjjbh
  • Love 6

Something is sketchy about that Amster-damn dinner and it wasn't necessarily the argument.

Excerpt-

"According to TMZ, Kim was also acting–some may call it improv–when she went off on Lisa Rinna in Amsterdam on the most recent episode. As you may recall, in order to deflect from her co-stars concerns about her sobriety, Kim alleged that Lisa was harboring a dark secret about husband Harry Hamlin. The accusation prompted Lisa (also an actress, and the original Billie on Days of Our Lives, Brandi!!) to channel her inner performer, complete with screaming and wine glass shattering antics. When will these women learn that it’s never okay to waste wine?

The site is claiming that Kim made up the whole bit about Harry having skeletons in the closet just to piss off her newbie co-star. Sources close to the show reveal that Kim was hoping to rattle Lisa so she’d stop harping on Kim’s perceived problems. The same insiders share that Kim will admit to her tall tale when the trip is rehashed on the reunion.

While I’m not shocked by this news in any way, shape, or form, it does beg the question…if Kim had no dirt on Harry, why did Lisa get so upset? If Kim was lying, there wasn’t any need for Lisa to fly off the handle. Rather she should have chalked up the accusation to yet another indicator of Kim’s issues. Interesting…isn’t that what actors call a “tell”?"

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/03/06/kim-richards-fabricate-accusations-lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-weeks-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

Since Kim made up she had something on him, not too big a leap to think she might just spew something as simple as cheater or wife beater, tax cheat, closeted Barry Manilow fan and then it takes forever if ever to unravel it.  I got Lisar reaction but only because she tends to over act or react to everything.  I think the rest were just disgusted with Kim.

• Love 1

Lisa seemed to be acting, to me. I mean what normal 40-something reaches for someone's throat, then throws their wine in their face, followed by smashing their glass on the table, in an argument? In the middle of a restaurant? I know it's RH and they're all crazy, but it was so... much. So yea, I think she was acting, not Kim. Maybe Lisa threatened her or something, or she got told by enough people that she was way out of line, and that's why she changed her story to say she made it all up (according to the article in the above post). But she was more believable to me. I have no trouble believing Lisa was angry, but it was just so over the top.

• Love 7

Agreed. After the white party it was Zzz central. Filler episodes everywhere then Kim took the pill and BAM lift off. Bravo lowkey must were like "Thank you Kim."

Trust me Brandi was waiting for this storyline too. But since Lisa V know how to play the game she didn't give Brandi what she wanted.

• Love 6