Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Lisa has been referring to Kim's medical disorder all season. Every single show. Even after being asked to stop several times. What was going to make her stop?

When production tells her to stop. I know a lot of people say this is Lisar's only storyline. Well guess what? It is Kim's only storyline. It has always been her only storyline. It is the subtext to every interaction she has had on the show. Otherwise it is chicken salad and turtles.

• Love 13
(edited)

Not really though.  This season Kim had two weddings going on or being planned, and Monty dying, hell she even got her roll on Revenge. 

Lipsa had a trip to Medford to see parents she hasn't bothered to visit in years, some lame "charity" thing in her backyard, and...Kim.

I've never been a fan of Kim's either, I didn't watch any of her shows, never saw a single movie or guest star roll, except this year, with Revenge.  I don't like her.  I think the Richard sisters are immature mean girls from hell sober.  She makes me sick in many ways, especially the whole dog horror.

That doesn't stop me from seeing that this entire season, and Lipsa's only real storyline, has been about Kim's sobriety.  I not only find that detestable, I find it boring as hell.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 8

While sitting in the hair salon today having my roots touched up, I was reading the forum on my iPad. Somewhere??? I read a post saying the Kyle commented on Kim's accusation about Harry and said that Kim did not make it up like TMZ has reported. Did I get that wrong? I can't find it now. Maybe the chemicals on my head seeped into my brain.

I believe it was in the EXTRA interview Kyle did( I think it was EXTRA...... not sure...... what I am sure about is that Kyle was wearing a pretty peacock blue-green  colored crop type top/jacket and she was looking very pretty). From what I remember(please don't quote me on this)...... Kyle said "no, she did not say that she was making anything up". Which could really mean nothing. Not much of a conclusion, either way, can be drawn from it.

• Love 3

Not really though.  This season Kim had two weddings going on or being planned, and Monty dying, hell she even got her roll on Revenge. 

Lipsa had a trip to Medford to see parents she hasn't bothered to visit in years, some lame "charity" thing in her backyard, and...Kim.

I've never been a fan of Kim's either, I didn't watch any of her shows, never saw a single movie or guest star roll, except this year, with Revenge.  I don't like her.  I think the Richard sisters are immature mean girls from hell sober.  She makes me sick in many ways, especially the whole dog horror.

That doesn't stop me from seeing that this entire season, and Lipsa's only real storyline, has been about Kim's sobriety.  I not only find that detestable, I find it boring as hell.

What is the second wedding?  You reference this quite a bit -I can't figure out who else is getting married?  Is it one of Kathy's kids?

• Love 1

What is the second wedding?  You reference this quite a bit -I can't figure out who else is getting married?  Is it one of Kathy's kids?

Her daughter decided to have that quicky family backyard wedding because her dad was told he would be dead before her "real" wedding, which was a destination wedding I believe, some beach.    So the plans and arrangements for the second wedding were still in progress.

• Love 2

Lisa has been referring to Kim's medical disorder all season. Every single show. Even after being asked to stop several times. What was going to make her stop?

An apology for acting like such a twit in the limo and at Poker Night.  The rest is optional but Kim does need to apologize for her behavior.  Being stoned may be the reason (though it seems Kim is just meaner than all get out) but she still has to apologize or make amends.

• Love 8

If Kim could just own her mistakes that would go a long way to the other HW "moving on". 

But also what else is there to talk about regarding Kim?  Being an addict is one of the only things she's got going for her and it's not even the worst thing.  Or should they discuss Kingsley?  Or her son's 5150?  Or her 975 day hospital stay?  If her spot on "Revenge" was that interesting they'd have spend time on it. 

No one would talk about it, if she didn't bring it to the show.  If she hadn't relapsed on Poker Night, there wouldn't be a Poker Night Relapse to discuss.  And the actual relapse isn't the main issue the ladies have with her.  She's an asshole.  But there aren't any asshole rehabilitation centers, so they suggest she get help for her drug problem, instead, because let's face it, she can kick the drugs, but she'll always be an asshole.  Kim needs to bet on the Smart Money. 

• Love 16

Why do you think that would have stopped Lisa's unrelenting campaign? Apparently there were texts and we have no idea what was said between them. Lisa was on a mission and she backed the cat into the corner and she got the claws. I'm really not sure why she expected anything different since it seems she was warned numerous times to drop it not only from Kim but from Lisa V too. I suspect Kyle also said drop it.

• Love 7

The Housewives tend to recycle story lines so you see the same nonsense over every franchise. Weddings. Children going off to college. Glass throwing.

They need to come up with something new.

Although I must say if someone rips off Brandi's leg and throws it on the floor in the middle of a party....well I would smile.

• Love 14
(edited)

The Housewives tend to recycle story lines so you see the same nonsense over every franchise. Weddings. Children going off to college. Glass throwing.

Although I must say if someone rips off Brandi's leg and throws it on the floor in the middle of a party....well I would smile.

If, every season, they'd go bike riding in the country, to visit a windmill, I wouldn't complain, not even once. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 12

Her daughter decided to have that quicky family backyard wedding because her dad was told he would be dead before her "real" wedding, which was a destination wedding I believe, some beach.    So the plans and arrangements for the second wedding were still in progress.

Once they changed locales and dates the planning on the destination wedding if any, was in progress stopped. I think the big deal was the bride wanted a dress suited for the beach.  The scene picking out the dress we saw occurred most likely before they moved the wedding date and locale.  I only say this because Portia dress was not ready in time. I think they were afraid he might not be able to travel or walk his daughter down the aisle. I don't think anyone said dead-although with this bunch it would not be surprising.

BTW I don't think Kim was all that involved in planning any destination wedding.  In some respects they are simpler.

You forgot indictments.

• Love 5

I'm really not sure why she expected anything different since it seems she was warned numerous times to drop it not only from Kim but from Lisa V too. I suspect Kyle also said drop it.

And SHE even said, prior to landing, that she'd not bring it up again.

Pity Kim didn't apologize for what she should be apologizing for.  I'm not sure that would have stopped Lisa from being relentless but is it so wrong that I just wanted to enjoy Holland? 

• Love 7
(edited)

I've become more cynical about Hollywood since watching this show.  As a result, I have a sneaky little feeling that I can't get rid of.  Please indulge me in my suspicion.  What have we read about Lisa Lips since she joined the show?  Not much, right?  All I've really read that would make her stand out from the rest is that she and Eileen are the two new HWs.  Now, let's say that after a few weeks, Lisa becomes impatient over being only one of seven, so she devises a way to get her name in print and videos 'round the world.  She waits for her argument with Kim and smashes a glass.  Simple!  She's featured all over the internet and the front pages of newspapers from here to London and further.  If the world thought it had seen it all when Teresa flipped a table (RHONJ), they hadn't seen nothin' yet!  If we doubt that people are talking, look at us!  lol  This could be the most masterful piece of PR that we've seen in a long time, and we fall for it because it's a so-called "reality show."  In the same way that Brandi has used insufferable language and near-nudity and dirty-tricking, so has Lisa Lips planted herself squarely on the map.  After all is said and done, Lisa Lips is an actress with, I presume, the mentality and drive of every other actress.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 7

Why do you think that would have stopped Lisa's unrelenting campaign? Apparently there were texts and we have no idea what was said between them. Lisa was on a mission and she backed the cat into the corner and she got the claws. I'm really not sure why she expected anything different since it seems she was warned numerous times to drop it not only from Kim but from Lisa V too. I suspect Kyle also said drop it.

I think if Kim said I accepted your apology and kindness but now it is time to put it to rest as you are making me uncomfortable with your repeated efforts to continue the discussion.  STFU, Beast, I hate your face and hair, and the attacks on Kyle and Eileen were not a way to put it to rest.

• Love 13

If Kim could just own her mistakes that would go a long way to the other HW "moving on". 

But also what else is there to talk about regarding Kim?  Being an addict is one of the only things she's got going for her and it's not even the worst thing.  Or should they discuss Kingsley?  Or her son's 5150?  Or her 975 day hospital stay?  If her spot on "Revenge" was that interesting they'd have spend time on it. 

No one would talk about it, if she didn't bring it to the show.  If she hadn't relapsed on Poker Night, there wouldn't be a Poker Night Relapse to discuss.  And the actual relapse isn't the main issue the ladies have with her.  She's an asshole.  But there aren't any asshole rehabilitation centers, so they suggest she get help for her drug problem, instead, because let's face it, she can kick the drugs, but she'll always be an asshole.  Kim needs to bet on the Smart Money. 

I find some irony in the fact Kim will now bring up Eileen's home situation after the mess bringing up Lisar's caused.  This from a woman who at best conducts her home like the Bates Motel, with the allegedly dying Lurch like ex-husband, hanging around passing out pain meds-I wonder if he brings his Hustler Honeys to the BBQs, Kim and her son Norman and add a dash of Kujo with her vicious dog.  It may be me but I am just thinking maybe Kim should not be bringing up the others' households at this point.  It seems when she can't escape to Brandi's for two hours her next best bet is the hospital-which leaves who exactly in charge of Kim's household? 

• Love 5

Lipsa basically admits in her blog she was going for her throat to choke her.  She's right, it's lucky for Lipsa that Kim has such quick reflexes, because I agree with Lipsa, she probably doesn't look good in Orange.  The gif shows it as well.  Finger pointing too, and obviously Kyle could give no fucks if Kim was choked.

tumblr_nkp789xATM1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

I think Kyle is doing a little cheer for her friends actions, LOL.

• Love 1

STFU, Beast, I hate your face and hair, and the attacks on Kyle and Eileen were not a way to put it to rest.

LOL.  Yeah, her words toward Eileen were pretty bad.  I'm not saying that Lisa R and Eileen didn't deserve a good talking to.  Kim is a lot of things.  A wordsmith she is not. 

A scene that made me laugh was Kyle in the van after the dinner.  "You don't understand.  You don't live my life.  You don't know what I go through."  All that was missing was, "at night."

• Love 10

I think Kyle is doing a little cheer for her friends actions, LOL.

For an effective choke one generally uses both hands unless you can palm a basketball.  I think it was an attempted chin grab.  Does anyone think Lisar narrowly escaped being arrested?  I think Lisar is playing this for all she can and in the process gets her and HH's name out there over and over.

LOL.  Yeah, her words toward Eileen were pretty bad.  I'm not saying that Lisa R and Eileen didn't deserve a good talking to.  Kim is a lot of things.  A wordsmith she is not. 

A scene that made me laugh was Kyle in the van after the dinner.  "You don't understand.  You don't live my life.  You don't know what I go through."  All that was missing was, "at night."

Maybe the run lines together.  And I don't mean the white powder kind.

• Love 5

I just watched it. And it seems so simple to me. Lisa brought it up again after saying that she wouldn't. For as much as we can say that Kim provoked Lisa by mentioning Harry, Lisa provoked Kim by bringing the subject up again at the beginning of dinner. Team Kim in this dust up. And that's saying something because I've never been on her side. Ever.

Even if I were Team Lisa, I would still never say that Kim deserved what she got, or thrown through a window or beat down with my own hands or dead. I read that a lot this week.

The thing is I honestly don't blame Kim for being annoyed. I mean some variation of this conversation has happened everytime she has been around. Whether she started it with her behavior on Poker Night or not, she has talked about it and anwsered questions about it multiple times. I get that the other ladies aren't satisfied with the conversations, but I don't think they're suddenly going to be the 101st time this is brought up. Just. Stop. It's not going to get better if you keep poking at it. All that being said Kim's reaction was outsized and cruel and horrible. All that being said LisaR's reaction was outsized and violent and horrible. And Yo started it all. And Eileen jumped in. And Kyle ran away and cried. And LisaV went to her happy place which is a remake of Dirty Dancing starting her and Giggy. No winners here.

• Love 11

I find some irony in the fact Kim will now bring up Eileen's home situation after the mess bringing up Lisar's caused.  This from a woman who at best conducts her home like the Bates Motel, with the allegedly dying Lurch like ex-husband, hanging around passing out pain meds-I wonder if he brings his Hustler Honeys to the BBQs, Kim and her son Norman and add a dash of Kujo with her vicious dog.  It may be me but I am just thinking maybe Kim should not be bringing up the others' households at this point.  It seems when she can't escape to Brandi's for two hours her next best bet is the hospital-which leaves who exactly in charge of Kim's household? 

Kim can't help but bite the hand that feeds her.  No wonder Kingsley is the way he is. 

This is why I cannot and will not feel bad for either Kim or Brandi.  There's plenty of dirt on those two, but the other HW won't go there.  I don't want kids brought into this mess so I'm glad no one has mentioned Kim's son Chad, but I'm so tired of them using everyone else's personal ish, that has nothing to do with them, against the others (Adrienne, Kyle, Taylor, Lisa, now Eileen) while still expecting the HW to keep their lips shut.  I don't want to deal with people like Kim and Brandi in real life and as it turns out, I don't want to deal with them on the show I watch, either. 

• Love 6

While sitting in the hair salon today having my roots touched up, I was reading the forum on my iPad. Somewhere??? I read a post saying the Kyle commented on Kim's accusation about Harry and said that Kim did not make it up like TMZ has reported. Did I get that wrong? I can't find it now. Maybe the chemicals on my head seeped into my brain.

I added the article to Season 5 Reunion Spoilers...Page 2

-entitled

Kyle Richards Responds to RHOBHFight Between Sister kim and Lisa Rinna

• Love 2
(edited)

Going out on a limb here.   When YO started the conversation at the table about how much her daughter's DUI deeply touched her, and urged the other women to bring up essentially secrets they have held onto.  LisaR took that opportunity to, maybe,, explain why the issue of drug/alcohol abuse affects her on a deeper lever.  Her mistake was to mention anything about coming on too strong to Kim.   Looking back to the Poker Party episode, the ride from LA to Malibu can take up to 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic.  So she was stuck with Nutso Kim, rambling and incoherent (we only saw a few moments of the ride).   Wasn't that her first real encounter, alone with Kim?  Kim never once said to anybody but Kyle, even to LisaR in the car (hey that rhymes) that she had taken a pill for pain.   I really wish it would have been YO in that car!  Anyway, between what she experienced in the car, what followed at the Poker Party, would surely lead her to ask questions.  And, she continually wants to know "why is everybody afraid of Kim".   She sure found out!!!  

Kim was all ready to lash out at the dinner in Amsterdam, but I think Brandi fueled it.  Those comments to Kyle about Kathy came straight from Brandi.   Once they landed in Amsterdam and Brandi & Kim had time to conspire while waiting for Kyle, Kim took no time at all to jump on Kyle.  Instead of Brandi telling Kim to let it go, she enabled her, and you can almost hear her telling Kim, "you should confront her".     Like when LisaR said "how do you know I've been going around to everyone".  

Brandi's outburst on the street came from YO telling her "to be good".  She was trying to prove to YO she doesn't have a drinking or anger problem.  Ooops.   She was on vacation and couldn't drink, do pot, or it seems have any fun.   She also, it seems didn't have time to do anything with her weave - sorry, that was bitchy, but what is wrong with her hair this season??

Edited by notnowimbusy
  • Love 11

All that being said Kim's reaction was outsized and cruel and horrible. All that being said LisaR's reaction was outsized and violent and horrible. And Yo started it all. And Eileen jumped in. And Kyle ran away and cried. And LisaV went to her happy place which is a remake of Dirty Dancing starting her and Giggy. No winners here.

Done, done, done, done and done.  I left out one 'done' because I'm not convinced Yo intentionally started that. 

She's been around the block to know how these 'ladies' roll.  I completely believe Yolanda was in Holland to show off her country, her family and hazelnut cake and that she wanted to avoid fights at all costs. 

• Love 5

I agree.  Spend one afternoon over on the Vanderpump Rules forum and it puts everything into perspective.  Those idjits at SUR are every bit as worthy of the wrath that the BH Hos inspire but somehow they, and the posters, bring mainly the lulz and wit.

It really is the best. I hope nothing ever ruins it, I couldn't handle it. If you're looking for another, may I suggest Southern Charm and the forum for it? If it plays out anything like last year, it's a lot like VPR and that forum. So fun.

• Love 3

The thing is that Lisar has apologized several times. On air. Profusely. Over and over ad infinitum. She admitted that what she did was wrong and that it was indefensible.

When has Kim ever apologized about anything? Ever? About anything?

Did she apologize when her dog made her niece into a chew toy? I don't think so. She just lied and covered up and tried to get everyone to hush it up so she wouldn't lose her job. Reportedly she had the dog "trained" under a different name and tried to buy out of the fact that it had viciously attacked at least two people. Where is the apology for that? Will we see it on the Reunion? On social media? I bet not. I bet we get another big bag of Kim bullshit where she blames everyone else. Time will tell.

I think there was something a lot worse that happened than what Lisar did. When Kim turned to Kyle and said "Brandi does more for me than you do. Kathy would never do that. She is a real sister." That was game, set and match for me. Kyle has to cut her loose.

And this is why I'm having such a difficult time. I agree with all that. I cannot keep everything straight at this point. The only thing my brain will do is go back to when RHOBH started and say Kim should never have been on this show. It's not good for her, or us. Or Kyle. Which is why I just can't understand how many seasons deep we're in this and it's the same freaking storyline every time. It's beyond painful now. Andy has to cut Kim loose. And Brandi. I want them both to get better, develop more self awareness, change into less mean people I guess. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Kim's finger was approximately as close to Eileen's face whenever she started pointing as Lisa's hand ever got to wrapping around Kim's throat and constricting her air flow. If Lisa is morally obligated to mention the latter in her mea culpas, shouldn't Kim likewise refer at some point to the former? From my perspective, Lisa attempting to choke Kim is analogous to Kim making the effort to take out one of Eileen's eyes; both propositions are exaggerations of what actually transpired.

Vis-à-vis the premise that Lisa's fury somehow corroborates Kim's intimations about Harry - I don't think there's a standard threshold of anger or a uniform response when one faces an adversary expressly threatening one's family, or even when one encounters conflict in general. When Taylor was contending with her own emotional instability and became aggressive with the other ladies, the manners of reply were disparate. Lisa V revised her sardonicism and became solicitous while Camille, who wasn't even involved in the primary dispute of that time, was irate and vocal. Not at all surprising to me that a wife and mother would become enraged at attacks on her spouse and, by extension, her family as a whole.

I don't see any evidence whatsoever that the majority of the cast were executing some nefarious and malicious plan to stage an intervention on camera. Lisa V and Yolanda hadn't even witnessed Kim's worrisome behavior this season and both articulated their reservations as such about addressing it. So why would they be present at and involve themselves in a premeditated confrontation?

Regardless, the speculation is moot. Unless Bravo left reams of footage on the cutting room floor, no intervention ever took place. Lisa literally said, I'm sorry I was so overbearing in my questions about your sobriety; that was because of my own history with destructive addictions.

I intellectually understand Kim's anger to an extent since she clearly explained that she felt her own children were somehow being indirectly attacked. However, the problem is that she's responding to things that didn't happen, arguments that were never made, and statements that were never said.

Ergo, why I find the premise that Kim's threats against Harry are somehow morally or situationally equivalent to Lisa's apoplexy at those threats to be so confounding. Kim literally responded to "I'm sorry." Lisa replied to an effort to disparage and defame her husband that couldn't have been any more naked.

I also have to ask - how is Kim the defenseless victim of a pile-on akin to a small dog being savaged by larger counterparts when, out of the four to five women who found her conduct at the table to be unacceptable, two were basically mute at the time (Yolanda said nothing and Lisa V only piped in with "she does defend you"); one literally ran away from her when the dispute escalated; and a fourth (Eileen) didn't actively engage until Kim called her "a beast"?

One the one hand, Kim received, "I'm sorry."

On the other, Eileen, Kyle, and Lisa were all responding to, "You're a beast," "I don't like you, your face, or your hair," "If you were a real sister," "You've never had my back," "Why don't you have a piece of bread," and, "let's not talk about what you don't want to talk about . . . the trouble at home."

Whether Kim boasts an legitimate intel on Harry or not, I don't agree that participation in a reality television program negates parameters of prevailing social codes and general ethics. Harry has appeared on the show sporadically, as often or less than Bella, Gigi, Brandi's friend Jennifer/Gennifer, Portia, etc. His participation has been in the capacity of support for his wife. If any of the aforementioned were, God forbid, the victims of abuse, assault, or dealing with mental health issues they didn't want disclosed, would it be appropriate for any of the ladies to introduce them on camera? I don't think so.

Likewise, I didn't think it was acceptable when Kyle introduced her sibling's psychiatric troubles on camera. However, since that time, Kim has given an interview to Andy at her respective rehabilitation facility; spent an entire season intoxicated; and has admitted to being under the influence of medication twice (three times if you count her consultation with Paul and reference to behavioral side effects). She's volunteered details about her program and talked about her reliance on God for her sobriety.

When it comes to, interventions, as well, she seemed to be down with them when Taylor was the object and Kim addressed her in front of cameras about her own propensity for overimbibing.

But suddenly any queries about her sobriety constitute an attack on her relationship with her kids?

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 19

Done, done, done, done and done.  I left out one 'done' because I'm not convinced Yo intentionally started that. 

She's been around the block to know how these 'ladies' roll.  I completely believe Yolanda was in Holland to show off her country, her family and hazelnut cake and that she wanted to avoid fights at all costs. 

Somebody or everybody needs to hold an intervention and tell Yolanda it is not her place to fix everything.  Perhaps Kim could tell her to look at her own household first.  The best way to avoid conflict is to avoid sensitive issues-not do some sort of sharing our inner most demons moment.

• Love 4

As a huge fan of VPR and the incredible amount of idiocy contained in that show, I was wondering the other day what it is about VPR that brings me utter entertainment as compared to RHOBH, which can piss me off to no end with very similar behavior by the cast.

I think what it is, IMO, is that the cast of VPR are all consenting (albeit batshit) adults and there are no children involved in any way, shape, or form.

There are no families to be torn apart.  No minor children that are going to be harassed at school because of their mother's drunk shenanigans.  

Although someday some of the VPR staff might have kids who will see their VPR day shenanigans on the internet at some future point, it will be easy to write it off as being young and dumb.

Brandi can claim her kids aren't affected by nor aware of her drunken bullshit all she wants to.  That cannot possibly be true.

That being said, as crazy and out of control as some of the VPR cast are, Brandi is still trashier than the lot of them put together.

And she's a 40-something year old woman with 2 young kids.

THAT'S what makes my blood pressure rise when it comes to RHOBH vs VPR.  

I went to school before social media existed back in the good old days of the 80s and one of my classmate's mother had an affair and everyone at school found out about it. We were in the 7th grade and everyone knew about it from parents other friends etc. If we knew then with no social media out there, I sincerely doubt Brandi's kids are not aware of their mother's antics.

• Love 8
(edited)

If Bravo wants to bring Kim back next season it should be for one reason and one reason only.......to make Lisar and her issues Kim's storyline.

Kim should be shown constantly discussing Lisar's  anger management issues and violent tendencies with the other HWs, bringing it up each and every episode, suggesting Lisar get therapy for her issues, asking Lisar which program she is enrolled in, who her sponsor is, talking about how some of her(Kim's) family members were affected by it, how dealing with Angry individuals is in her(Kim's) DNA........ all stemming from the concern and love Kim feels for Lisar. Of course.

Oh, Kim,  don't forget to harp on how you have nothing but the best intentions at heart toward Lisar.

call-me-smiley-emoticon.gif, Bravo. I have tons of other ideas for storylines.

Edited by jjbjjbh
  • Love 7

Kim should think twice about "outing" anybody's dirty laundry.  If she feels it's fair game to go after family, then is does it mean the other women can bring up her son's troubles, her money problems, her dog, etc.  Kim has more secrets than any of them.   She's hasn't grown beyond her teen years, suffered emotional setbacks, and bottom line - she should not be on a reality show.  Her vocabulary, phrasing, etc. shows that she is mentally stuck in the past.   It's well known she's mismanaged her finances, so she needs this job, but at what cost.  Her choices have proven detrimental to her family and friends - with no remorse.  

• Love 10

Those comments to Kyle about Kathy came straight from Brandi.

Respectfully disagree and here's why.  When Kim said that, I stopped to imagine what it would've been like if Kathy had been there.  We've speculated about how  close Kathy is to Kim.  Closer than Kim and Kyle.  Kathy is a broad.  A dame.  With a gun in her hand she'd be a moll.  We know she's not afraid to talk up or down to anyone. She's also the matriarch of that twisted family.  I don't doubt she would have defended Kim.  Right or wrong.  She would've gone postal on Lisa Rinna and Eileen would not have dared to raise her soap boxy, breathy voice at Kathy.  So I don't think that came from Brandi, at all.  I think it came from years of Kathy standing up for Kim, and probably Kyle, unconditionally.  Little Kathy has become Big Kathy. 

• Love 6

If Bravo wants to bring Kim back next season it should be for one reason and one reason only.......to make Lisar and her issues Kim's storyline.

Kim should be shown constantly discussing Lisar's  anger management issues and violent tendencies with the other HWs, bringing it up each and every episode, suggesting Lisar get therapy for her issues, asking Lisar which program she is enrolled in, who her sponsor is, talking about how some of her(Kim's) family members were affected by it, how dealing with Angry individuals is in her(Kim's) DNA........ all stemming from the concern and love Kim feels for Lisar. Of course.

Oh, Kim,  don't forget to harp on how you have nothing but the best intentions at heart toward Lisar.

call-me-smiley-emoticon.gif, Bravo. I have tons of other ideas for storylines.

My only wish is for more praying to a trashcan in an airport :  Puleese sweet baby J!

• Love 4

It really is the best. I hope nothing ever ruins it, I couldn't handle it. If you're looking for another, may I suggest Southern Charm and the forum for it? If it plays out anything like last year, it's a lot like VPR and that forum. So fun.

Thank you, I will.  I caught bits of last season's S.C.  And maybe this summer there was a 'What Happened To'...or somesuch and the girl who had the baby was on with the baby daddy and I was surprised they were still together.  I'll take a look and visit the forum.  It just started, right?

• Love 2
(edited)

Despite Bravo's claims that their RH's shows are not scripted, I think that's a technicality, i.e., printed scripts containing dialogue are not given to each cast member which makes Bravo's non-scripted mantra true. However, I do believe that the various "situations" the HW's find themselves in are set up and instead of scripts some producer coaching takes place. Does anyone really think Yolanda wanted to start the dinner conversation by talking about Bella's DUI? And then suggest that this group (including Kim and Brandi) open up and share secrets on national TV? Yo's producer probably decided that and likewise, the producers who handle Kim and LisaR "encouraged" their response. That would also explain why Brandi who is not known for her impulse control managed to stay out of the fray and remain relatively silent.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

"Kathy would never do that. She is a real sister."

Allow me to translate this as a sister of a recovering alcoholic though still pretty messed up in other areas:

"Kathy never, ever gets on my case and nags and hounds me about my drinking/finances/kids/house like you do.  Kathy never criticizes me and is supportive of me- unlike you, Kyle."  

It's just my sister and I so can't imagine what a third sister in the mix would be like but since it's only us, I'm the bad guy and her goofy friends are the good guys.  All addicts have good guys (enablers) and bad guys (non-enablers/truth-tellers) 

• Love 9
(edited)

I want to make it clear I don't think Lisa R is a menace to society or should face criminal charges. That said, what she did is considered felonious assault with a dangerous weapon in some states. So, I imagine the police would probably hold her accountable. It's very strange to me that Kim being a douchebag and especially the addict vs non-addict dynamic -- which IMO is not equivalent to freak vs normal -- is considered by some as justifying a violent attack. Porsha Williams and Ashley Laurita, after they assaulted people, both claimed provocation (where no addiction was involved) and were for the most part not excused.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

I totally agree with all of this. Basically, we're intrigued with a group of rich, vapid, shallow women who are more concerned about which accessories to wear to a luncheon than what's happening in the real world. It's a different life arena they reside it, and that's why we watch them. It's almost like going to a zoo to see exotic animals that you we don't see walking the street where we live, or work where we work, or shop where we shop. They're all self-consumed creatures that wouldn't survive a night without falling to sleep planning their next shopping trip to Rodeo Drive, or wondering what color flowers to adorn their luncheon table with. We wonder how we'll afford to pay to have a root canal on a painful tooth and they think nothing of spending thousands to rearrange their lips.

The bottom line here, and the real fact is that we want to see them fail at something. We to see something green stuck on their teeth. We feel good when one of them runs around doing a Rodeo Drive scavenger hunt and gets perspiration stains under her arms. We want to know they breath the same air, unscented, and have the same dry heels.We want to know they're the same damned race anyway, human.

• Love 10

Lisa has been referring to Kim's medical disorder all season. Every single show. Even after being asked to stop several times. What was going to make her stop?

No mention was made about Kim's on going addiction issues until poker night and I think that was around the 7th or 8th episode, so it has not been a topic all season.

Kim, IMO, had little to do with the moved up wedding plans or the destination one that has still not taken place.

The thing is I honestly don't blame Kim for being annoyed. I mean some variation of this conversation has happened everytime she has been around. Whether she started it with her behavior on Poker Night or not, she has talked about it and anwsered questions about it multiple times. I get that the other ladies aren't satisfied with the conversations, but I don't think they're suddenly going to be the 101st time this is brought up. Just. Stop. It's not going to get better if you keep poking at it. All that being said Kim's reaction was outsized and cruel and horrible. All that being said LisaR's reaction was outsized and violent and horrible. And Yo started it all. And Eileen jumped in. And Kyle ran away and cried. And LisaV went to her happy place which is a remake of Dirty Dancing starting her and Giggy. No winners here.

It's not going to stop if you ignore it either. Kim acted like a petulant child the 1 time anyone really tried to talk to her, at Eileen's house for the reading. That is the only time anyone asked her any questions about a sponsor, support system or meetings, the only time.

And this is why I'm having such a difficult time. I agree with all that. I cannot keep everything straight at this point. The only thing my brain will do is go back to when RHOBH started and say Kim should never have been on this show. It's not good for her, or us. Or Kyle. Which is why I just can't understand how many seasons deep we're in this and it's the same freaking storyline every time. It's beyond painful now. Andy has to cut Kim loose. And Brandi. I want them both to get better, develop more self awareness, change into less mean people I guess. 

I agree, Bravo should have never hired Kim in the first place but that they did, she should have been let go after season 1. It is time for Kim and Brandi to leave the show and in all honesty, when it comes to developing any self awareness,that ship sailed long ago without Kim or Brandi on board. Neither woman is willing to take that long hard look in the mirror or do the work involved to grow as women/adults. They will forever be angry, aggressive, bitter people blaming the world for letting them down. JMO

• Love 13

The comments of the Hws to Kim/Kyle right after the glass smashing/ potential choke of Kim by Lisar  were very  interesting to me.
It shed some light on the differences in the upbringing/personalities/character of the women. Not sure if it has anything to do with being brought up in U.S. Vs Europe,  but fascinating none the same.
Lisar/Eileen to Kyle:
Lisar: “dont put up with it”
Eileen: (shaking her head).....”I dont know how you do it, Kyle......... it's hard to watch how she treats you.”
Lisar:”it is”
Eileen voiceover: “I feel so sad for Kyle..... Kim treats Kyle in a demeaning way”
Lisar : “Kyle, its abusive and you (should/need to) walk away from it. You are being abused by kim”

Eileen, with tears in her eyes:”the cruelty.....its so cruel”

In contrast, Yo to Kim back at the hotel: “you will always be sisters, look out for each other, and you should, because you are family”...... 

In similar circumstances my response would be similar to Yo's. I would never even think of asking a friend to walk away from her sibling or say anything that would appear to be putting a wedge between blood sisters.

I was brought up to stay with/stand by family........ whatever your internal differences, to always present a united front  in front of outsiders and  to never allow any chinks in the family armor to show. You could come home and beat each other up, yell-fight-kill each other, but you never fight with family in front of the rest of the world. The world must know it cannot divide my family.  

And that's exactly how I have brought up my own children. I did not grow up in the U.S. But all my children were born and brought up in the States. I would not be exaggerating an iota when I say this..... my children have NEVER had a fight with each other. They are 2.5,  1.5,  4  and 1 years apart. I cannot remember a single instance when I have had to play referee between them as children. They are all highly successful, productive adults now, and remain very close to each other to this day. In fact, they all live within an hour from each other in New York.

It is very difficult for me to understand  when I see these women tell Kyle to distance herself from Kim. And  Kyle not standing up for Kim(however appalling she may be) in the restaurant. Kyle had the right to beat Kim to a pulp once they were alone, but in that restaurant she needed to stand by Kim. What Kim was saying about kyle was wrong, totally. But two wrongs don't make a right either. The only reason I hold kyle to a higher standard is because she is supposed to be wiser/saner of the two.

Which is why I also understand Yo's comment to Kyle about "God has a job for each one of us"........

If, God forbid, Lisar or Eileen were in Kim's shoes, would they have liked being abandoned by their sister in front of her “friends” or co-workers? I don't think so.   Long Post. Sorry. 

• Love 5
(edited)

What surprised me the most is when Kyle outed Lisar's husband for deciding to become alcohol free, due to the alcoholic deaths of his two brothers, 3-months earlier.  Then reading about his father having to take methamphetamine injections at his NASA job. Then Harry having to shoot up his mother when his father was away. They both became addicted thinking they were taking vitamins. In addition, to Lisar sharing that her 21-year old sister died of an over dose of sleeping pills and alcohol...just devastating. 

After Lisar shares the info about her sisters over dose death she looks straight at Kim and apologizes for getting into her business. Kim rejects her apology and Lisar takes umbrage at Kim's reply. Then the accusations begin and Kim senses she's about to become eviscerated. At that moment I had more respect for Lisar selling adult diapers then for her RHOBH portrayal of a "nice" person (her words).

If I was Kim when Lisar shared the story about her sister dying from an overdose and then stared at me and said "sorry I got in your business"...I would have smiled and told her she should stay out of my business and instead save her alcoholic and overdose fears for her own family, thank you.  Of course her hounds from hell still would have joined in to rip Kim apart. In the end of that round, Kim held herself up and Lisar apologized...round two is on the way, LOL! 

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 1

Respectfully disagree and here's why.  When Kim said that, I stopped to imagine what it would've been like if Kathy had been there.  We've speculated about how  close Kathy is to Kim.  Closer than Kim and Kyle.  Kathy is a broad.  A dame.  With a gun in her hand she'd be a moll.  We know she's not afraid to talk up or down to anyone. She's also the matriarch of that twisted family.  I don't doubt she would have defended Kim.  Right or wrong.  She would've gone postal on Lisa Rinna and Eileen would not have dared to raise her soap boxy, breathy voice at Kathy.  So I don't think that came from Brandi, at all.  I think it came from years of Kathy standing up for Kim, and probably Kyle, unconditionally.  Little Kathy has become Big Kathy. 

Agree with All of the above.

• Love 2
(edited)

I want to make it clear I don't think Lisa R is a menace to society or should face criminal charges. That said, what she did is considered felony assault in some states. So, I imagine the police would probably hold her accountable. It's very strange to me that Kim being a douchebag and the addict vs non-addict dynamic is considered by some as justifying a violent attack, just like with Kenya and Porsha (where no addiction was involved).

I don't know anything about the laws in Amsterdam but you are right about LisaR's actions being considered assault in some states, That's why I think it was staged and the restaurant knew it was going to happen. Am I the only one who noticed, the area was cleared of other patrons and not a single restaurant employee (or the owner) came over to see what happened? LisaR even tweeted that she didn't have to go to jail.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Remember when Kim & Brandi were talking after the gay mixer.   The words were almost identical to the ones Brandi said to Kim.  But,  no question that Kathy seems to "tame" Kim down, and did everything for Kim's daughter's wedding.   Day to day I think Kim is on her own.

• Love 2

Remember when Kim & Brandi were talking after the gay mixer.   The words were almost identical to the ones Brandi said to Kim.  But,  no question that Kathy seems to "tame" Kim down, and did everything for Kim's daughter's wedding.   Day to day I think Kim is on her own.

I disagree, Kathy left Kim high and dry for Kimberly's graduation party last season. I think Kathy is only available when it is convenient for her, not when Kim needs her. IMO, Brandi is reinforcing the Kathy/Kim relationship for herself, not because Kathy is there all that much for Kim. Brandi wants to hurt Kyle and is using Kim, Kim wants to hurt Kyle and is using Brandi. And both Kim and Brandi are enjoying the pain they are causing anyone close to Kyle and LisaR/Eileen are easy targets as they are fresh meat.

• Love 6