Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Lisar seems to be playing to fans over the "What did Harry do", aspect of this episode.  Harry was trending at # on Twitter and Lisar was on as well.  I don't know what that gets you in Hollywood.  Anyway most all of it is fun with many pictures of Harry over the years.

Here is the tweet that was discussed earlier-night the show aired:

"you can't talk to kookoo bird crazy

That only took me how  fucking long to figure out? 

AND I almost went to prison for it.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I don't think Kim is tweeting these days-too taxing.

First off it sheds a little light on why Lisar rolled over and did the apology scene with Kim-any prison is a bad place.  Lisa seems to be making Brandi's point about the swearing.  A bit much for my taste.

I have my fingers crossed that this storyline of the discussion of Kim's substance abuse issues is left in this episode.  More of Yolanda's brother, more bike riding, how about a boat ride? 

• Love 9

Re the pot café:

I live in a legal-marijuana state. Going into a retail pot store for the first time was a weird, unsettling, thrilling experience for me, a 50-something whitebread suburban mom. I totally get why they were acting goofy. You've been told your whole entire life that it's criminal, bad, dangerous, lowlife, etc (and any usage must be on the downlow) and *suddenly* you're in a situation where that exact same product is totally legit and aboveboard and public and it's use is NBD. It's a real disconnect. A 180. My first time at the pot outlet I was both giddy and nervous as hell. So I get it.

• Love 17

I found Brandi so exhausting in that pot pub scene.  She tries so, so hard to be included with the "cool girls" and then when she is, she criticizes everyone and is a big ole buzzkill.  Their joking may not have been her particular thing, but damn girl, you talk about how loose and free you are -- stop being so rigid! 

I actually do think she was jealous about not only Kyle and Lisa V. being friends again but with how Lisa R and V, Eileen, Kyle and Yo all get along with each other so well.  She feels like she's being unfairly judged for the same things that other women do, but she doesn't see that the other women actually don't do what she does.  The same refusal to look inward that Kim has.  I don't know two people who are more alike than they are, truly. Even beyond Kyle and Kim. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I wonder if and how often they could actually get away with doing that.  I know refusing to film at all is not tolerated but at what point, if any, is it okay to walk out?  I would actually have liked it if they'd al done this -- they being Kyle, the Lisas and Eileen.  I want to see more of those ladies doing their thing.

I was hoping for this.  There is no need to sit there and take that shit from anyone.  I would have leaped from my comfortable chair and cheered if they had left.

I hope this is the last of this storyline too.  Until Kim decides she wants change, there is nothing anyone can say or do that will make any impact.  I wish her well, but I don't want to see her anymore.  At some point, she needs to apologize to Kyle.

I found Brandi so exhausting in that pot pub scene.  She tries so, so hard to be included with the "cool girls" and then when she is, she criticizes everyone and is a big ole buzzkill.

If she isn't the center of attention, she is not having a good time.

I did not find any of the ladies annoying at the pub.  I would have been acting all of twelve years old too.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 14

What in the windmill was up with that long lost boyfriend of Yo's?  He didn't look like he could have even been born when Yolanda was still living there.  That was weird.  Is this what this show has come to?  Made up memories? 

"Remember when we kissed?"

"Yeah, no, sorry."

Well that was thrilling....

I really, really, really wanted to see what it looked like to live inside a windmill!!!  I was so hoping that Yolanda's old boyfriend would have invited them in for tea and hazelnut cakes - especially after some of the women were asking about it!  

Lisar seems to be playing to fans over the "What did Harry do", aspect of this episode.  Harry was trending at # on Twitter and Lisar was on as well.  I don't know what that gets you in Hollywood.  Anyway most all of it is fun with many pictures of Harry over the years.

Here is the tweet that was discussed earlier-night the show aired:

"you can't talk to kookoo bird crazy

That only took me how  fucking long to figure out? 

AND I almost went to prison for it.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I don't think Kim is tweeting these days-too taxing.

First off it sheds a little light on why Lisar rolled over and did the apology scene with Kim-any prison is a bad place.  Lisa seems to be making Brandi's point about the swearing.  A bit much for my taste.

I have my fingers crossed that this storyline of the discussion of Kim's substance abuse issues is left in this episode.  More of Yolanda's brother, more bike riding, how about a boat ride

I think that comes up in a future episode....it may even be when Brandi slaps Lisa V.  

I want to see more of Amsterdam, and I want to see more of Leo!!!  

• Love 4
(edited)

Eastwood, armed, silent, detached and took her seat. then she waited."

*There are so many levels of wrong if Kim is allowed to carry any weapon. . . ever

Perhaps she could just carry around Clint Eastwood's chair...

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 10
(edited)

I really, really, really wanted to see what it looked like to live inside a windmill!!!  I was so hoping that Yolanda's old boyfriend would have invited them in for tea and hazelnut cakes - especially after some of the women were asking about it!  

I think it was Lisa that said laughingly "Just think Yolanda, if you married him this could have been all yours". I felt that was a put-down of the way this guy was living. It was said facetiously and I didn't like that because she was obviously looking down her nose at Yolanda's friend and his lifestyle.

I just saw Kyle on Extra and she said the reunion was 'intense' and that a few of them didn't leave their homes for days after it was filmed.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

Re the pot café:

I live in a legal-marijuana state. Going into a retail pot store for the first time was a weird, unsettling, thrilling experience for me, a 50-something whitebread suburban mom. I totally get why they were acting goofy. You've been told your whole entire life that it's criminal, bad, dangerous, lowlife, etc (and any usage must be on the downlow) and *suddenly* you're in a situation where that exact same product is totally legit and aboveboard and public and it's use is NBD. It's a real disconnect. A 180. My first time at the pot outlet I was both giddy and nervous as hell. So I get it.

Of course they aren't whitebread suburban moms but they never were. They're part of a society that indulges in things like pot. This wasn't a 'first' for any of them. The giddiness that night was pretense for the sake of the cameras and their kids. They wouldn't like anyone knowing they've all used pot at least once before, which I could bet my new boots they all have. Brandi knew that and she was amused by their transparent attempts at feigning innocence as to the ways marijuana is used.

• Love 5

Interesting that in her blog, Brandi says that LisaR threw ice water at Kim before she broke the wine glass. But, she also says that Lisa broke the glass in their faces. They were all standing and Lisa broke the glass on the edge of the table which is still dangerous and unacceptable, but it wasn't in or toward their faces. Is that more hyperbole?

I'm awful because as much as I hate that LisaR lost her shit like that. A part of me totally laughed and said to myself "Rinna will cut a bitch if she doesn't back up off her man." My husband and I rewound that several times and he kept saying "damn, that bitch is gangsta (because she broke the glass and was holding the stem like a shiv." Then he made the best joke ever (I love that he will watch this one reality show with me). He was like "Where's Harry Hamlin with Medusa's head to turn Kim into stone? That woman is a Kracken if ever there was one."

One of my favorite movies! Yes, Kim being turned to stone rather than BEING stoned, I'd love it. It is much better than what I had going on in my head - Kim needs an exorcism, not an intervention - Father Merrin, where are you?!

Thanks to the posters for clarifying for me what LisaV said in her TH about prostitution.

Hmmm, nothing about her statement implies she was referring to the dinner.  I assume she is talking about the conversation she had with Lisa and Eileen in the lobby of the hotel, where Eileen was talking about confronting Kim.

Agree.

The plot gets thicker. All these women are just gawd-awful horrible. Anything to get ahead. The only one that comes to being remotely likeable or genuine IMO is Yolanda. She does have some saving grace.

I'll pass on YoFo. I can't forget how horribly she treated Joyce at the reunion, not to mention she allowed that batshit crazy Brandi to treat Joyce and Michael like trash in YoFo's home.

Well, I for one would be enchanted to learn Brandi is among us,

Oh I am sure she has a handful of ghostwriters.

• Love 5
(edited)

On camera.  On Bravo.

Yeah, that will really help someone struggling with addiction issues.

Then, Kim needs to leave the damn show. Period. No wiggle room here. If anyone is struggling with mental issues or addiction issues, is being on a tv reality show really the best place for them? It is not a case of whether Kim is an addict, she is an addict. She had a relapse on the show. Her constant whining about her kids finding out if she ever relapses, should have been her priority before she signed on for another season.

Kyle's giggles at the bar and her reluctance to eat some cake shouldn't have bothered Brandi as much as it did.  It wasn't affecting her or her ability to choose for herself.

This reminds me of how annoyed Brandi was (her words) over Adrienne keeping it a secret about her children coming into the world via a surrogacy. Why the fuck do things that wouldn't bother anyone else, bother Brandi? Who the hell gets all riled up over a person not wanting to eat hash-laced cake? To use Brandi's words "Who the fuck cares???"  Brandi is all kinds of fucked up if she cannot handle being with people who were going over the menu and trying to decide whether they wanted hash-laced cake or not, while pretending to roll a joint and having a good time. Yeah, if it was LisaV and Brandi sitting side-by-side, Brandi would have eaten cake and she would have probably ordered a joint or two while sitting there giggling her bony-ass off.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

Regarding various wine tossing: I really don't like Brandi, but I kind of have to agree with her. She threw a little bit of wine as a bad joke. Her intention (stupid as it was) was to be funny and there was a pretty low chance of anyone being hurt by it.

I agree that Brandi's wine tossing is not as bad as LisaR's glass breaking.  However, Brandi's idea of being funny is almost always something that comes across as being mean.  There's nothing funny about someone throwing wine at an unsuspecting person, like she did with Eileen or at Jeff on WWHL.  Saying the most inappropriate thing you can think of just for the shock value isn't funny either.  I enjoy watching some of the gems the other women come out with at times that are unexpected and funny, but I can't think of a single time that Brandi said anything that made me laugh because it was funny.  If she has a sense of humor, its a warped one. 

• Love 4

I haven't watched this hot mess all season, but I'm watching the rerun right now. I just wanted to take a minute to say that IMO Kim is a psycho POS that may be clean and sober (Ha!), but she's certainly NOT in recovery and she's certainly NOT working a program. I'm betting every penny I've got that she's NOT going to meetings and she's NOT got a sponsor. She is burning bridges at every turn. The best thing Bravo can do is to NOT renew her contract because this crazy-ass bitch is a huge liability at this point.

Okay, I feel better now!

• Love 13

Whether Eileen's story of family addicts dying, or Lisa Rs or Brandi's talk of dark days, Kim sees it all as pretext to talk about her addiction issues.  That's why it is a blank stare.

I think the unaired clips on Bravotv.com and still photos shows Brandi interacting a lot more with the women.  Bravo created a narrative of Brandi being the outsider that wasn't really true during filming.  I think it came to pass as the season wore on.  Brandi and Lisa R didn't have a falling out until after filming ended. But there are photos of Brandi with various women laughing at parties and participating (dancing/singing) at the events where on the show we see, she is alone and pouting.

I think Lisa R saw this as her Teresa G moment and threw the wine and then the glass for effect, and guess what?  It worked if the tabloids are to be believed.  She was offered a contract for next year.   I think Kim fell for Lisa R's plan.  Make Kim react to me and my attempts to talk about her addiction issues.  Brandi may have told Kim that Lisa R was talking about her, but Lisa R also talked to Kim and was texting her.  Lisa R is no stranger to this show.  All her talk about "Why won't people talk to Kim about her addiction <bats eyes bats eyes>???"  Please, doesn't she remember, "You stole my goddam house!!"  She didn't believe Lisa V and Kyle?  IMO Lisa R knew that drama would flow.  She had NOTHING else to share after Yo's DUI talk?  Nothing? 

And frankly Eileen ready to finish off the job next week and totally ruin the trip by going back in on Kim?  I guess she wants a spot for next year too. Listen, Kim's behavior is terrible.  She could've just said nothing to Lisa R at that dinner.  Sure.  Whatever.  But these two soap actresses want a reaction, they want a fight, they want a soap opera moment. And by golly, Kim Richards is going to give it to them.  They are getting exactly what they asked for.  Cry me a river Eileen if you are upset next week over Kim's reaction if it ends up being bad.

IF the poster upthread is right and Kyle asked Brandi "Is this the right way to roll a joint?" Then Kyle too was outing Brandi's usage on tv.  So tit for tat. I know that Brandi has admitted to drug use in the past.  But Kyle is playing with fire to be sitting there pretending she is all innocent when she knows she smoked with Brandi and then asks Brandi if this is the right way to say it/roll it.  But really, I think Brandi was just stewing that Lisa R got away with throwing wine in an alcoholic's face and then throwing a wine glass.  Brandi should've just said nothing. Bad judgment.  It's like her frontal lobe never fully developed.

FWIW I never thought any poster here was any HW.  Just because a poster doesn't hate Brandi, doesn't make them her.  Nor does loving Lisa VP unconditionally or supporting Kyle make that poster those HWs. 

Responding to the stuff in bold.

It's sad and it says a lot about Kim's character that she can't even pretend to be sympathetic to another person's pain. It's always about Kim and she can't put herself in another person's shoes for even a moment to try to understand where they're coming from. For me this was just one more example of her coming across as a selfish and thoughtless woman.

I feel that Brandi's THs are giving a vibe that she feels a distance with the other women. The THs are filmed after everything has happened and we have Brandi saying things about how she doesn't want to be around the menopausal mamas. This is stuff that Brandi is putting out there so to me it doesn't seem like Bravo is manufacturing the vibe that Brandi is increasingly becoming an outsider of the group. 

I guess this is a key area where we disagree. You seem to think that Lisa R had a plan all along to create a story by inserting herself into Kim's drug issues whereas I feel like Lisa was simply reacting to a situation that she'd found herself in. I feel like there are too many variables that Lisa R wouldn't have been able to control. How was Lisa to know that Kim would relapse? How was she to know that the car ride or anything like it would even happen? How was she to know that Kim would lose her shit during Poker Night in general? Kim went from 0 to 60 on Lisa about the car ride without any prompting from Lisa. What if Kim had stayed sober this season? I feel like Lisa planned on showcasing her life just like all of the other women but also knows how to be entertaining TV in general no matter what the situation. In no way do I think Lisa R was rubbing her hands together and plotting how she could use Kim to her advantage.

As far as the two soap actresses supposedly wanting soap moments--I totally disagree particularly with regard to Eileen. She seems puzzled by the drama and certainly didn't want the soap opera moment with Brandi. Eileen hasn't been aggressive about Kim at all I feel like she's just confused about it like many of us are. 

The main thing that gave me pause about a poster being a certain HW had to do with the similarity of the grammatical errors in comparison with the blogs. In no way do my suspicions come from it being impossible for me to believe that Brandi and/or Kim could have fans and supporters.

• Love 23
(edited)

Of course they aren't whitebread suburban moms but they never were. They're part of a society that indulges in things like pot. This wasn't a 'first' for any of them. The giddiness that night was pretense for the sake of the cameras and their kids. They wouldn't like anyone knowing they've all used pot at least once before, which I could bet my new boots they all have. Brandi knew that and she was amused by their transparent attempts at feigning innocence as to the ways marijuana is used.

I see nothing wrong with friends laughing and joking about things that they've already been there, done that with.  Does every conversation have to be launched out of a "truth cannon"?  Sometimes I joke round with my friends about drugs, partying, and sex, all silly, tongue-in-cheek innocent-like.  And I ain't no innocent virgin.  Brandi seems to think that she's the only one who can make jokes, and her jokes aren't even funny most of the time, to anyone but her.

Not everybody experiments with drugs in their life or have, but with very specific ones and not everybody wants to talk about it.  It amuses me how Kim's raging, very-public addiction relapse is her business, only, but the other HWs' private past-tense drug history is everyone's business.  Who cares if any of the HW don't want to discuss their drug use history on camera because of their kids?  Why is it hypocritical to downplay it for the sake of their kids, in that moment?  We don't know what they actually tell their children in private.  And actually it's not a bad thing to show kids how to have discretion even when you're in the public eye, like their parents are.  Just because they are in Hollywood or are on TV doesn't mean that they shouldn't value privacy and display judgment regarding their private lives.  And do the drug rules also apply for discussing blow jobs and anal, too?  Because I can see Brandi bitching about their hypocrisy with not wanting to out all of their sexual proclivities, either.  I'm kinda weirded out by Brandi's fixation on the other HW's choices regarding their children.  She needs to focus on her own kids and how her own behavior affects them. 

Man, I'm feeling so grouchy about Brandi.  lol   I just want her to get off my lawn, dammit! 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 18

I know it would probably be the cast members last season on the show if this happened....

But when accusations, and hints and rumors are discussed......WHY can't one of the women just say...."say what you want bitch I know what's true my family, REAL friends and loved ones know what true.....We laugh at all this bull shit -- so have at it." and sit back with one arm over the back of the chair, and chill.

Why can't some one SOMEtimes be ABOVE the fray.

OK I know this may be a naive question -- but do you think producers actually PLOT OUT WHO they want to go over the edge. Like would they ever ask Yolanda to freak out like Lisa did? Or they wouldn't ask certain people because they know that person wouldn't do it. ANd as was pointed out why DID Lisa R. freak out like that. I thought it was waaay over the top and totally UNacceptable. And as for what we saw on tape. They all kind of gave Lisa a pass for it. So what Kyle said Harry's name. Lisa even said Kyle doesnt' even KNOW Harry, so what could she possible say that would be taken seriously. I dont' get these ladies' over the top, bug out reactions....to petty bullshit that's not even worthy of a reaction.

• Love 5

Brandi and Kim are now left with just each other, because who the heck would want to be friends with them?

It's like Brandi expects people to thank her for outing their private behavior. "Well, everyone knows that Missy Jo cheated on her taxes last year." Oh hell no, she'd never hear a word from me again!

And Kim expects people to play along with her NOTsobriety and ignore her bizarre, disruptive, antisocial behavior. Have fun with her, Brandi!

• Love 13
(edited)

After watching a second time, it appears to me that the "confrontation" was engineered by Kim and likely supported by Brandi and/or Yo.

Kim seemed the most calm of all of the ladies at this point and IMO, if Kim was the truly the target of an intervention she would not be so calmly sitting back and relaxing in her chair.

Yo started having "the conversations" that she wanted to have time & time again on this show. Lisa R, Eileen and Kyle looked shell shocked while Brandi, Yo and Kim were appearing to try to be the grown ups. Sorry, not buying what Brandi & Kim were selling...and why Brandi was so angry in the pot shop. Brandi wasn't getting the results she was hoping for...and she never will.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 9

Then, Kim needs to leave the damn show. Period. No wiggle room here. If anyone is struggling with mental issues or addiction issues, is being on a tv reality show really the best place for them? It is not a case of whether Kim is an addict, she is an addict. She had a relapse on the show. Her constant whining about her kids finding out if she ever relapses, should have been her priority before she signed on for another season.

This reminds me of how annoyed Brandi was (her words) over Adrienne keeping it a secret about her children coming into the world via a surrogacy. Why the fuck do things that wouldn't bother anyone else, bother Brandi? Who the hell gets all riled up over a person not wanting to eat hash-laced cake? To use Brandi's words "Who the fuck cares???"  Brandi is all kinds of fucked up if she cannot handle being with people who were going over the menu and trying to decide whether they wanted hash-laced cake or not, while pretending to roll a joint and having a good time. Yeah, if it was LisaV and Brandi sitting side-by-side, Brandi would have eaten cake and she would have probably ordered a joint or two while sitting there giggling her bony-ass off.

And before she made the choice to take "a pain pill" that wasn't prescribed for her.

Dammit, now I'm sitting here wondering if she rushed to the hospital to cover her ass about having 100% pain as the reason she needed the pill, rather than admitting she probably did it for recreational purposes.  

• Love 13

I don't know - I kind of think that they were clearly amused and silly about the "menu", and the explanations of the different things available -- similar to entree selections and descriptions on a restaurant menu.  I think this was a new experience for all of them (except maybe Yolanda, who may have been to this kind of place when she lived/visits Holland), and they were honestly having a kick with it.

My friends and I all used to smoke (many, many, many years ago), and I know if we were in that situation, we would probably be acting the same way.

I don't think Brandi was amused at all - I think she was frustrated.  In my opinion, Brandi actually has a very hard time with being "silly" - she doesn't know how to just laugh at herself and with others in a non-defensive, non-mean way.

• Love 14

I agree that Brandi's wine tossing is not as bad as LisaR's glass breaking.  However, Brandi's idea of being funny is almost always something that comes across as being mean.  There's nothing funny about someone throwing wine at an unsuspecting person, like she did with Eileen or at Jeff on WWHL.  Saying the most inappropriate thing you can think of just for the shock value isn't funny either.  I enjoy watching some of the gems the other women come out with at times that are unexpected and funny, but I can't think of a single time that Brandi said anything that made me laugh because it was funny.  If she has a sense of humor, its a warped one. 

I agree.

I'm also pretty sure she'll try to play off smacking Lisa in the face as a "joke" too.

Granted, the slap doesn't look to be a hard one but still...To actually reach out and smack someone in the face like that?

I'd have decked that bitch, even if I needed a ladder to get up into her face to do it.

Uncouth does not even begin to describe the horror known as Brandi.  

• Love 12

I know it would probably be the cast members last season on the show if this happened....

But when accusations, and hints and rumors are discussed......WHY can't one of the women just say...."say what you want bitch I know what's true my family, REAL friends and loved ones know what true.....We laugh at all this bull shit -- so have at it." and sit back with one arm over the back of the chair, and chill.

Why can't some one SOMEtimes be ABOVE the fray.

OK I know this may be a naive question -- but do you think producers actually PLOT OUT WHO they want to go over the edge. Like would they ever ask Yolanda to freak out like Lisa did? Or they wouldn't ask certain people because they know that person wouldn't do it. ANd as was pointed out why DID Lisa R. freak out like that. I thought it was waaay over the top and totally UNacceptable. And as for what we saw on tape. They all kind of gave Lisa a pass for it. So what Kyle said Harry's name. Lisa even said Kyle doesnt' even KNOW Harry, so what could she possible say that would be taken seriously. I dont' get these ladies' over the top, bug out reactions....to petty bullshit that's not even worthy of a reaction.

No one gave LisaR a pass after she lost it at dinner. She went outside and immediately apologized for her actions to the women, she knew she crossed a line with the face grab attempt, wine toss and breaking the glass but she apologized like any self aware adult woman would. Crickets from Kim though, she never once apologized to Yolanda for her behavior/actions and even though LisaR apologized yet again the next morning.....the crickets were still silent in Kim's corner. LOL

• Love 18

I don't know - I kind of think that they were clearly amused and silly about the "menu", and the explanations of the different things available -- similar to entree selections and descriptions on a restaurant menu.  I think this was a new experience for all of them (except maybe Yolanda, who may have been to this kind of place when she lived/visits Holland), and they were honestly having a kick with it.

My friends and I all used to smoke (many, many, many years ago), and I know if we were in that situation, we would probably be acting the same way.

I don't think Brandi was amused at all - I think she was frustrated.  In my opinion, Brandi actually has a very hard time with being "silly" - she doesn't know how to just laugh at herself and with others in a non-defensive, non-mean way.

I may or may not have partaken extensively in the past and I totally agree with you.

In all of my years, I've never seen different names and varieties and effects laid out in menu format.  

I'd have been all over that shit, too, giggling and pointing out different "entrees" and asking questions.

I also think Kyle didn't need to give Brandi - nor anyone else - an explanation for choosing not to partake, just like no one should ever have to offer up a reason for choosing a non-alcoholic beverage over a cocktail.  I don't feel Brandi needed to voice her reason for not partaking, either, but I admit I was delighted when she had nefarious reasons for so doing.  

Brandi's entire protestation was ridiculous.  She was probably hoping to runteldat to Kim at the hotel..."How DARE Kyle say ANYTHING about your habits when she was there smoking weed like it was her fucking job!!!"  

• Love 14
(edited)

And before she made the choice to take "a pain pill" that wasn't prescribed for her.

Dammit, now I'm sitting here wondering if she rushed to the hospital to cover her ass about having 100% pain as the reason she needed the pill, rather than admitting she probably did it for recreational purposes.  

So, this just reminded me of something else I'm pissed about (when am I not pissed tho, right? lol). 

Kim.  Kim and her 100% pain can fuck 100% off. 

Shows how truly narcissistic she is that she's complaining about being in 100% pain, while stealing the medication from her ex-husband who is dying of FUCKING CANCER!  But, it's all about HER pain, y'all.  It makes me so angry how she diminishes everyone else's pain in order to excuse her selfish junkie behavior.  Grrrrr.  She really needs to go away. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 19

I am guessing it was the first time they were in a Coffee house with a pot menu or being filmed smoking pot or ingesting it.  Brandi wasn't game for it so why bring down the party?  It doesn't make them hypocrites anymore than someone who doesn't want to talk about masturbation on film or with a group of co-workers.  Some people just like keeping some aspects of their lives private.  Well, not Brandi.

• Love 13

I feel like the pot-gate non-starter happened because it was Brandi's turn to make trouble for Kyle (and the group).  Kim couldn't manage to break up the Lisa-Kyle-Lisa-Eileen quad, so she was going to try to cause discord during their first sans-Kim outing.  And she couldn't get it going while in the café, so, like any lady, she took it to the street.  But again, she failed to really set Kyle off, so she left in a huff.  She needs to stick to her strengths; telling lies, finger-banging shadow puppetry, and being a HW husband lap-warmer.    

• Love 9
(edited)

I guess this is a key area where we disagree. You seem to think that Lisa R had a plan all along to create a story by inserting herself into Kim's drug issues whereas I feel like Lisa was simply reacting to a situation that she'd found herself in. I feel like there are too many variables that Lisa R wouldn't have been able to control. How was Lisa to know that Kim would relapse? How was she to know that the car ride or anything like it would even happen? How was she to know that Kim would lose her shit during Poker Night in general? Kim went from 0 to 60 on Lisa about the car ride without any prompting from Lisa. What if Kim had stayed sober this season? I feel like Lisa planned on showcasing her life just like all of the other women but also knows how to be entertaining TV in general no matter what the situation. In no way do I think Lisa R was rubbing her hands together and plotting how she could use Kim to her advantage.

As far as the two soap actresses supposedly wanting soap moments--I totally disagree particularly with regard to Eileen. She seems puzzled by the drama and certainly didn't want the soap opera moment with Brandi. Eileen hasn't been aggressive about Kim at all I feel like she's just confused about it like many of us are. 

I agree with you about Eileen and almost agree with what you're saying about LisaR.  She couldn't have known in advance that Kim would be go off the reservation so she didn't plan on her involvement/reactions.  LisaR knows how to hustle for work in the industry and what she needs to do to keep that job, if at all possible.  She's also savvy enough to seize an opportunity when it presents itself.  I believe Kim provided that opportunity for her and she ran with it in true soap style.

OK I know this may be a naive question -- but do you think producers actually PLOT OUT WHO they want to go over the edge. Like would they ever ask Yolanda to freak out like Lisa did? Or they wouldn't ask certain people because they know that person wouldn't do it. ANd as was pointed out why DID Lisa R. freak out like that. I thought it was waaay over the top and totally UNacceptable. 

I'm pretty sure I remember Andy Cohen saying that TPTB start formulating the following season's drama queen, antagonist and/or villain based on what plays out at the reunion.  That makes sense to me.  The HW's all know they need to bring something each season or they won't be asked back.  I don't believe the producers can control every word these women say but I do think they let them know what is expected of them in certain situations and that's why LisaR freaked out the way she did.  It had to help secure her a spot next season.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I feel that Brandi's THs are giving a vibe that she feels a distance with the other women. The THs are filmed after everything has happened and we have Brandi saying things about how she doesn't want to be around the menopausal mamas. This is stuff that Brandi is putting out there so to me it doesn't seem like Bravo is manufacturing the vibe that Brandi is increasingly becoming an outsider of the group.

I agree about Brandi's talking heads, and as I noted in my original post, as the season went on, she probably felt more alienated.  And some talking heads are filmed after the season ended. In addition, some responses are to producer questions like maybe, "were you feeling part of the group when all the ladies were standing around Adrienne as you hadn't seen her since two seasons ago?"  So producers can definitely drive a storyline even in early talking heads.  But there are photos from the first white party of Brandi dancing and looking like she is having a good time with the women.

I don't think Lisa R went into the season thinking to make Kim's sobriety her storyline, but the limo ride from hell sure gave her the opportunity to do so.

As for Eileen, I think Amsterdam and the previews for next week are hinting at her soap opera tendencies if she thinks she needs to get into it with Kim while they are on vacation.  We shall see though.

• Love 4

Well, the pot store wasn't MY first time using either. Far, faaaaaar from it, actually.

What was different - and the point of my post - was that dealing with it legally, out in the open is weird.

And for the record, as much as I love to smoke me some weed, I'd never do it on camera or in front of my kids. My choice. Period.

• Love 17

I have zero problem admitting that I was a massive pothead for the duration of my twenties and quite happily will still indulge every now and again these days when the time and place is right. I, too, thought they were just being giggly about the "menu". I mean, I don't know, just the thought of trying to be serious about a pot-laced dessert named "space cake" is pretty ridiculous to me. I'm pretty sure me and my friends would be light-heartedly laughing our way through the menu at first. And, also, if one of my friends (the vast majority of whom I have smoked pot with more than once) didn't want to partake for ANY reason, it really wouldn't be a big deal. Generally people get over the whole getting angry at your friends because they won't do something you know they have done before thing by the time they hit college age - at the very latest. Like I said before, I think there's something mentally very wrong with Brandi and it actually makes me both feel sorry for her and feel anxious for her and anyone who is around her. It's almost like her personality isn't fully formed or she can't make connections in her head the way that should be able to (the bizarre lack of a sense of humor; the intense frustration and anger over things that have nothing to do with her - Adrienne's children for instance). She needs help and I hope she gets it some day because she has kids.

• Love 13

If that was what Rinna was brought on to do, I hope it's been worth it for her.  For Harry.  And if something were to happen to Kim, though certainly not Lisa's fault, (bolded and italicized)  would she feel awful about her part in it if she knowingly went into this with the goal of bringing it all to a head? 

Regardless of if she thinks Kim deserves it or not, I think it would be classy of Lisa if she would stop with the twitter bashing of this woman that she thinks is 'coo coo' and in need of so much help.  I liked her until she threw the wine.  I'm liking her less the more I read her twitter page. Stop poking the crazy.  She's starting to look crazy eyed herself..

That's the thing I see -- they are ALL crazy too, just express it differently. In the case of LisaR and Eileen...it just hasn't fully come out yet. LisaR has had several instances of doing the same things Brandi does. For instance, the flowers basket at Lisa V's restaurant on her birthday. I can't remember them all but there's been several instances. And I know of LisaR outside of RHOBH - been seeing her on the red carpet for years etc. That woman definitely has zero shame in her game. She's a bit crazy. Its' ok, I don't find her harmful, but she is as nuts as Kim or Brandi. 

Eileen has an inflated opinion of herself but most beautiful people do. She just has no shame in letting it show and I find that amusing when it slips into weird territory. The breathy whisper talk is fun. lol

• Love 5

"It's just exhausting seeing these women pretend to be something their not". . . B. Glanville.   Wow, kinda like you pretending to be adult, responsible, a nice person, a true friend, a "real" businesswoman, educated, etc.  We are all exhausted.

A true friend that almost got her friend Kim ass beat because she twisted a story with Lisa R.  Brandi has no heart nor does she give a damn.  If Kim would sober up good enough she'll realize her "best friend" is using her for a storyline, a season's paycheck and to make her look like a bigger clown.

• Love 12
(edited)

She was objecting to all of the women acting like fools in that pot shop, and pretending to have absolutely no idea how to roll a joint, or even what you call marijuana.  It was ridiculous, and they were all rude as hell.

I don't see it that way. Brandi was pissed because she wasn't part of the group. Period. They weren't pretending to have no idea how to roll a joint, they were laughing and having fun. I'm pretty sure my friends and I would be doing the same thing reading that menu. And why not have some fun especially after that whole dinner scene! I enjoyed watching them joke around. Brandi has no sense of humor and is a buzzkill because she chose the wrong horse this season. I wish she would have just stayed at the hotel with her BFF.

Maybe I am still holding out out hope that Brandi redeems herself by out-growing these fools.  Despite some of her shittiest moves, she still strikes me as the most aware, the most genuine

Brandi and genuine seems like two things that don't go together at all. She's a lying liar that lies - I don't see anything genuine or real about her.

Brandi is jealous because Lisa V has effectively cut her out of her life. She's jealous because Lisa V and Kyle are quite chummy again. She's jealous because Lisa R and Eileen have fit right in with Lisa V and Kyle. She's jealous because she only has this show. She has no money, no class and no talent of any kind. Stirring up shit might be about it and if her latest salvo is the best she can do these days (Kyle smoked pot!!!) then even that 'talent' is gone.

Kim is jealous too. She's angry because her sister ended up with the rich hubby and solid home life. She's jealous because Kyle has friends. She's jealous because Eileen has been a working actress since her early 20s. She jealous because Eileen looks about 20 years younger than her. She jealous that Lisa R and Eileen have good home lives too. She's jealous because Lisa V is Lisa V.

Kim and Brandi don't fit on this show - they don't belong. Make it happen Andy ... just make it happen.

Eileen has an inflated opinion of herself but most beautiful people do. She just has no shame in letting it show

I'm curious, when has she show this? I sure haven't noticed it.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 20
(edited)

I've been thinking about Kim's "main" argument with Lisa Rinna.  According to Kim, when she was talking to Yolanda about all of this, she said that her kids would leave her if they even THOUGHT she was drinking or using again, and that was why she wanted Lisa R. to shut up about it.  

I wonder if Kim's kids are watching the show, and seeing her behavior?  I mean, we are all watching and we all can see that she is not sober or clean.  We are just getting a glimpse of what goes on in Kim Richards' life.

I wonder if Kim's kids have now all left her, after seeing some of the episodes of the show?

At this point, she cannot blame anything on Lisa R - by her own behavior and her own admission, on film, of taking "one" of Monty's pain pills, she has outed herself - to everyone.  

Mighty interesting she went about talking about her children during the Lisa R talk.  It could had been all manipulation, but I feel her children are about as tapped out on her bullshit when it comes to her "sobriety." 

She admitted in the season 2-pt.3 reunion that "I've done it (sober) and relapsed, and done it, again relapsed." Mind you she was in rehab twice before she went the third time without she claims, "Kicking or screaming without her family and that she was trying and doing it and confident." On the intervention for the third attempt she said one of her daughters before the Thanksgiving holidays told the other family members that she needs to go away but she claims she already decided to go to rehab.

Kim also mention the crystal meth allegation from Brandi and how she pinned it on her how children and how it hurt them,  "One of my daughters (she doesn't say which ones) cried and the other found it hard to walk down the street."  All because of what Brandi said.  Then she said something that stuck out that she has panic disorder and severe anxiety and she was on (probably still) 3 different medications and one of those pills was the reason for her out of control behavior that happened on Game Night - Season 2.   Remember Poker Night season 5 "one pill" was the reason for her erratic behavior.

Then Andy asked her how was her relationship with her children.  She said, "They couldn't bare to be around her and see someone they love down and out.  My kids basically stopped coming over to my house.  They stopped talking to me.  Since, I've been sober, if they are not with me they are sending me text messages."

Sooo it's no wonder why she kept bringing up the kids thing to Lisa R last episode because she knows damn well her children will walk and not speak to her if they see she's back abusing drugs.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

I am so in love with Amsterdam after the little bit we got to see.  It looks like we have one more full episode there, then half an episode still there, and then Adrienne's big party.  These are the descriptors for the next episodes.  It looks like we will move away from Kim and her addictions, and on to Brandi and the slap.  Cannot wait for that.

E 17 Amster-Damn Slap
The women explore Amsterdam, then have dinner on a riverboat; Brandi slaps Lisa Vanderpump

E 18 Confessions of a Housewife
Lisa Vanderpump refuses to accept Brandi's apology; the women return home from Amsterdam

E 19 The Party's Over
The women attend an over-the-top party; Lisa Vanderpump confronts Brandi about the slap.

• Love 5

That woman definitely has zero shame in her game. She's a bit crazy. Its' ok, I don't find her harmful, but she is as nuts as Kim or Brandi. 

I think Brandi and definitely Kim are in a whole 'nother level of crazy, called Bat Shit.   They are harmful to themselves and others.  Lisa is like an eccentric dweeby weirdo. lol  She's kooky, imo, but not coo-coo.  I think that's the perfect kind of crazy for these kinds of shows.  BSC is just too much, imo.  There's no humor in BSC, whereas it's okay to laugh at the kooky without feeling like you're contributing to someone's downward spiral. 

BlackMamba -  That is so sad about Kim's kids.  I can't find any more empathy for Kim or Brandi but I have oodles for their children.  What we see on our screens every week is only a tiny fraction of what they have to deal with all of the time.  It makes me sick that Kim is using her kids that way, as an excuse to avoid being called out on her relapse and her nasty behavior.  She really should be ashamed of that.  It's not anyone's fault that her children don't want to be around her, but her own.   

• Love 8

Thank you so much for posting that picture. It's been snowing/sleeting all day and I'm stuck in the house.

The Richards sisters' synchronized finger point made me laugh and inspired my creativity. :)

The%20Pointer%20Sisters_zpsvycvqu4h.jpg

Would you consider changing Kim's lyric to: "And I just can't hide it" ... ? Either way, my hell, good job!

• Love 6
(edited)

I am so in love with Amsterdam after the little bit we got to see.  It looks like we have one more full episode there, then half an episode still there, and then Adrienne's big party.  These are the descriptors for the next episodes.  It looks like we will move away from Kim and her addictions, and on to Brandi and the slap.  Cannot wait for that.

E 17 Amster-Damn Slap

The women explore Amsterdam, then have dinner on a riverboat; Brandi slaps Lisa Vanderpump

E 18 Confessions of a Housewife

Lisa Vanderpump refuses to accept Brandi's apology; the women return home from Amsterdam

E 19 The Party's Over

The women attend an over-the-top party; Lisa Vanderpump confronts Brandi about the slap.

Dare I hope the party is over for Brandi in terms of her being on the show?

ETA

Would you consider changing Kim's lyric to: "And I just can't hide it" ... ? Either way, my hell, good job!

I think Kim is at the part where she's having the Jessie Spano "I'm so excited/I'm so scared" meltdown.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 1

I don't think Lisa R went into the season thinking to make Kim's sobriety her storyline, but the limo ride from hell sure gave her the opportunity to do so.

I agree. In the producers' wildest dreams, they couldn't have imagined that Kim would go off the rails like she did. She handed them this outrageous behavior on a silver platter.

I believe that Lisa R was honestly triggered due to all the past events in her life, and also, as a newbie, she and Eileen were like, "Wait - we're supposed to act like this is normal?!" and it went from there. With a little help from Brandi along the way!

On the flipside, I believe that the meet-up between Lisa R and Kim the next morning was 100% producer-mandated so that the trip could proceed as scheduled.

• Love 19
(edited)

Mighty interesting she went about talking about her children during the Lisa R talk.  It could had been all manipulation, but I feel her children are about as tapped out on her bullshit when it comes to her "sobriety." 

She admitted in the season 2-pt.3 reunion that "I've done it (sober) and relapsed, and done it, again relapsed." Mind you she was in rehab twice before she went the third time without she claims, "Kicking or screaming without her family and that she was trying and doing it and confident." On the intervention for the third attempt she said one of her daughters before the Thanksgiving holidays told the other family members that she needs to go away but she claims she already decided to go to rehab.

Kim also mention the crystal meth allegation from Brandi and how she pinned it on her how children and how it hurt them,  "One of my daughters (she doesn't say which ones) cried and the other found it hard to walk down the street."  All because of what Brandi said.  Then she said something that stuck out that she has panic disorder and severe anxiety and she was on (probably still) 3 different medications and one of those pills was the reason for her out of control behavior that happened on Game Night - Season 2.   Remember Poker Night season 5 "one pill" was the reason for her erratic behavior.

Then Andy asked her how was her relationship with her children.  She said, "They couldn't bare to be around her and see someone they love down and out.  My kids basically stopped coming over to my house.  They stopped talking to me.  Since, I've been sober, if they are not with me they are sending me text messages."

Sooo it's no wonder why she kept bringing up the kids thing to Lisa R last episode because she knows damn well her children will walk and not speak to her if they see she's back abusing drugs.

As sad as Kim is over the thought her kids might walk away, she brought it on herself. She chose to get high knowing there would be cameras following her every move but did it anyway. She can't put blame on anyone else other than herself and she is using her kids as a shield so that no one calls her out which is despicable IMO. I feel bad for her kids but not for Kim.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16

I think Brandi promised Yolanda to "be good" on this trip, and the stress is showing.  Why not giggle, laugh, and join in the fun the other women were having.  

• Love 7

I think Brandi promised Yolanda to "be good" on this trip, and the stress is showing.  Why not giggle, laugh, and join in the fun the other women were having.  

Brandi also made a comment saying she needed to have her wits about her on this trip. IMO, the dinner fight was orchestrated by Brandi/Kim before they left California for Canada but were unable to do it in Canada. I think the plan was to do it when LisaV and Eileen were not there but they did not get the chance so they had to wait until they got to Amsterdam. JMO though LOL

• Love 7
(edited)

That's an awesome idea!  Thank you for the suggestion.

I just spent about 20 minutes looking through this thread so I could reply to whoever it was that watched the episode with her husband.  When they watched the scene with Kim making accusations about Harry, he made a joke about Clash of the Titans and Medusa (aka Harry and Kim).  I thought that was hilarious and I'd like to thank her and her husband, who obviously has a great sense of humor.   Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. 

Anyway, this one's for you!

Harry%20and%20Medusa%20Kim_zpsxwyzqky8.j

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 17

Kim's mood during that one-sided apology meeting was so smug.  She was so controlled in her anger the night prior, which as was noted before, debunks her claims that she get so nervous and can't speak up for herself.  I think she's able to because she has liquid/powdered courage.  She seems to react very differently to the vast variety of substances she takes, too.  Like her controlled rage comes through with certain drugs and that uncontrolled goofiness comes though with others.  I have no idea if she was sober or not on that trip but I'm thinking no.  I assumed she was because of how agitated and resentful she seemed to be, but now, I just can't say.  That kind of control she exhibited before, during and after the dinner blow-up and then the next morning was disturbing to see.  It was a very calculated, emotionally-void, malicious kind of control.  I think for me it was even more disturbing than had she been out of control crazy and emotional. 

All of those TH gifs reminds me of my favorite one that I haven't seen posted yet.

349do94.gif

Like how is that women, the same women we saw in AmsterDAMN?

• Love 14

Your caption was much better than mine.  Thank you!

The%20Pointer%20Sisters2_zpszkulgxrm.jpg

• Love 12
(edited)

Re Kim:

You know, all of us have to make our own way in life, some with help from others, and some all alone.  Kim seems to have the attitude that others need to be responsible for her.  IMHO, she is still in her child star mentality and has never fully grown up. I seriously doubt that she will.

Re Brandi:

I wish that I could figure her out.  Did she grow up being the way she is, or did she learn fast in Hollywood that if you don't put yourself first, you'll never succeed?  Did her parents never instill in her some kind of a moral compass?  There seems to be a glimmer of sweetness in her, but she can be thoroughly evil.  Where did that come from?

You know what I want for this show?  I want seven Eileens!  I want seven women with decent manners and good upbringing who have lots of money and allow us to see how they spend it.  If they have their little sins, let us see them, but stop with the glass-throwing, the shouting, and the constant problems!  There are enough problems in life -- ENTERTAIN ME!!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 14
(edited)

Just check who has glass embedded in their tampon string.

THAT'S what set Brandi off in the pot shop. She had her tampon string filled with shards of glass and was just itching to yank that shit out of there, but worried how could she without the glass cutting her numerous genital warts. Hence, causing her to go into a rage like the Hulk.

AnnaA - brilliant photo of Kim and Harry! I love it.   BTW, it was the poster by the name of MatildaMoody who mentioned the Clash of the Titans. Her comment is on page 20. I happened to find it by pressing Control + F on my computer and doing a word search on the previous page.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Interesting that in her blog, Brandi says that LisaR threw ice water at Kim before she broke the wine glass. But, she also says that Lisa broke the glass in their faces. They were all standing and Lisa broke the glass on the edge of the table which is still dangerous and unacceptable, but it wasn't in or toward their faces. Is that more hyperbole?

I'm awful because as much as I hate that LisaR lost her shit like that. A part of me totally laughed and said to myself "Rinna will cut a bitch if she doesn't back up off her man." My husband and I rewound that several times and he kept saying "damn, that bitch is gangsta (because she broke the glass and was holding the stem like a shiv." Then he made the best joke ever (I love that he will watch this one reality show with me). He was like "Where's Harry Hamlin with Medusa's head to turn Kim into stone? That woman is a Kracken if ever there was one."

I apologize to everyone for posting this again but thanks to GreatKazu I found MatilaMoody's post.

MatildaMoody and especially for Mr. Moody :)........This is for you because you made me laugh!

Harry%20and%20Medusa%20Kim_zpsxwyzqky8.j

AnnaA - brilliant photo of Kim and Harry! I love it.   BTW, it was the poster by the name of MatildaMoody who mentioned the Clash of the Titans. Her comment is on page 20. I happened to find it by pressing Control + F on my computer and doing a word search on the previous page.

Thank you.  Photoshop is another one of my guilty pleasures.

• Love 5