Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

I tend to agree with you.  Lisar has watched this show for a long time. She has apparently considered coming on the show for a long time. Does anyone remember something that happened after S3 with regard to some big power Agents on the West Coast warning their clients about joining the show? Camille and Adrienne were blamed for getting this whole thing going, but the story went that these Agents were warning clients to stay away because of the surrogacy reveal and some of the nasty comments that had been made which were designed to harm another ho'wives business.  Since most people join this show to help them in some manner, the theory went that specifically when Brandi joined that the tone had turned ugly with regard to pretty much nothing being off limits.  Andy denied it, but there were rumors that several high-profile folks that they wanted for S4 backed out, and thus they went with Joyce and Carlton. My point in this long story is that Lisar has been around and been rumored to be thinking about this forever. She has said HH was initially resistant.  I just don't think she would have joined were there the chance that something very harmful could be revealed, especially with Brandi still around. I am embarrassed to actually be speculating on anything as private as his sexuality, but since it has already been brought to the table, the reality is that something like this could still harm his career.  Sad but very true. I just don't think that Lisar would have gone there if there was a looming secret like that to be found. My guess is that there are rumors that he has been unfaithful, and that is what Kim was talking about.  

I agree. LisaR is a Hollywood veteran, an old pro, as she herself tells us. I can't imagine that she went on this show without thinking it through, and knowing what could be "exposed." I agree that it's either nothing, or "rumors" of Harry cheating. And if it's the latter, then that would explain her wrath at Kim for spreading a harmful rumor. Plus, it fits Kim's m.o. - mean, bitchy, immature.

• Love 9

MCM, were there any rumors about which ladies ended up not signing on for season 4 because of that alleged situation? Was LisaR one of the names rumored? Denise?

Zoeysmom is so much better at this, but I don't remember Lisar's name specifically with regard to this situation. I know there was a very successful business woman specifically named as backing out. She was an extremely beautiful and accomplished African American woman, and I just remember being bummed because this show could use some more diversity, IMO.

Lisar's name has, however, been floated for as long as I can remember. In large part I think because she was on WWHL a couple of times and she was clearly looped in and interested. Additionally, the fact that she was Kyle's friend always seemed to make it look like she would be a fit. Folks on the Bravo blogs use to speculate often that she would eventually join the show.

• Love 6

But wasn't it LVP who was coined Brandi as her "truth cannon" back in season 3.  That Brandi would never lie to her until she got bite in the ass.  Kyle even told LVP not to trust Brandi but she didn't listen herself.  I've already explained why Kyle might have taken Brandi under her wing HERE. I personally wouldn't have trusted Brandi once she flipped on Adrienne at the reunion to go after LVP.  Her loyalty is trash!  Kim will learn sure enough.

I don't know if Lisa V called Brandi the 'truth cannon' or if someone else gave her that title.  But yes, Lisa V thought she controlled Brandi and could use her to attack others while keeping her hands clean.  She learned the hard way that Brandi will turn when it suits her.   That has no impact on why I think Kyle would befriend Brandi except that both Lisa V & Kyle did it out of convenience and got burned.  I read your opinion and replied to it.   I think anyone who thinks they can befriend Brandi and not get burned is not paying attention to history.

• Love 2

If it was production-driven I wonder how much.  Are they allowed to tell the women what to do and say or just suggest things and make it easier for them to.  Maybe Bravo wanted this out on camera to relieve themselves of liability? 

They each have their own line producer and that person can suggest topics to be discussed, like Yolanda bringing up Bella at the dinner and I am sure they hope some drama follows that discussion. They hit the jackpot this time but I don't think they believed it would be between Lisa/Eileen and Kim. I think they thought Yolanda would reveal that she was told that all of them were saying Bella had a drinking problem, IMO, it was supposed to be about Yolanda and her storyline, not Kim.

• Love 7

I don't know if Lisa V called Brandi the 'truth cannon' or if someone else gave her that title.  But yes, Lisa V thought she controlled Brandi and could use her to attack others while keeping her hands clean.  She learned the hard way that Brandi will turn when it suits her.   That has no impact on why I think Kyle would befriend Brandi except that both Lisa V & Kyle did it out of convenience and got burned.  I read your opinion and replied to it.   I think anyone who thinks they can befriend Brandi and not get burned is not paying attention to history.

The friendship between lisa and Brandi can never be compared to what kyle and Brandi had.

Kyle was friendly with Brandi, they were never friends, both have said as much.

Brandi and Lisa were very good friends, talked on the phone for hours in the morning, they did plenty of off cameras activities and Lisa IMO used Brandi as her mouth piece against Adriene.

Kyle has never used Brandi to do her dirty work, it was Brandi who told Kyle about Lisa trying to get those magazines in her luggage and Kyle asked Lisa directly. After all the trash talk that Lisa did against Mauricio I don't blame Kyle for entertaining the idea that it could be possible that it was done, kyle even told Lisa that she would understood if she did it as a joke.

If anything Kyle has been straight and square against Brandi in every situation that mattered, Kyle and Mauricio were very vocal against Brandi vs Adrienne , Kyle is the only one who faced Brandi when she was harassing Joyce,

• Love 10

Never said it was.  Regardless of the depth of friendship, anyone who befriends Brandi does so knowing that she turned on her other friends when it suits her.  Buyer beware.

• Love 2

They each have their own line producer and that person can suggest topics to be discussed, like Yolanda bringing up Bella at the dinner and I am sure they hope some drama follows that discussion. They hit the jackpot this time but I don't think they believed it would be between Lisa/Eileen and Kim. I think they thought Yolanda would reveal that she was told that all of them were saying Bella had a drinking problem, IMO, it was supposed to be about Yolanda and her storyline, not Kim.

Exactly. Producers can always pull these wives to the side to get the ball rolling in drama or stir the pot. Look at Cynthia on RHOA. Every year, about mid season, she stirres some drama in the cast. Once she does FIREWORKS. Sheree vs Marlo. Last year the winery table talk. And this year Mr Chocolate. Yolanda, since this is her trip, might have got cornered before dinner to have a reflection discussion.

• Love 2

Kim is an ugly, ugly person. Watch Brandi's face. I think she finally realized how bad Kim is. Kim sitting there after everyone fled the restaurant. The way she said 'Kyle that just gets me.' She is a nasty piece of work. If Kathy treats her so good then lean on Kathy.

Wait till she turns on Brandi. That's going to be even worse.

And Brandi thinks other people don't know how to drop something. Does she own a mirror?

• Love 21

Wait, so no one in the restaurant comes to see what all the commotion is about? Stoned! Lol

LVP has a sturdy gait when not in ridiculous heels.

Well Lisa R can easily sweep it under the rug if there is truth to what kim claims she knows.

Yeah she's from a small town, but c'mon they just happen to have an ex-flame "available"?

• Love 3

This is unbearable. Kim goes to LisaR's room for an apology? And then pats herself on the back for being big enough to accept the apology? And LisaR goes along with this?

Kim Richards truly is a master manipulator.

• Love 23

This is unbearable. Kim goes to LisaR's room for an apology? And then pats herself on the back for being big enough to accept the apology? And LisaR goes along with this?

Especially since two minutes before that LisaR swore she would never speak to Kim again.

• Love 9

It feels like this dinner will surpass the Alison Dubois debacle at Camille's.

Lisa R is an epic shit stirrer.  They all know Kim can be evil incarnate.  Eileen even says that they shouldn't be afraid of her.  Yet, they all poke the wasp nest.

If I were at the table, once black eyed Kim came out, I'd have excused myself and just not come back.

They all need to stop feeding into the crazy. 

Hopefully, we get to see a little bit of Amsterdam. I've only been to Germany & Holland.  If all we are going to see are HWs sitting around a table, they can do it anywhere.  No need to do it in a foreign country.

Nah...Respectfully I say, Kim needs to get the fuck off of television and in social circles if she is going to act like a junkie and a nutbar and think no one will comment.  I would not tip toe around her ass one iota.

• Love 22

It all boils down to something so simple. Kim is afraid of losing her kids if they even suspect she's not clean and sober, they'll abandon her. What's more important than protecting that?  Kim gets a pass from me, and I hope LisaR has learned a lesson. If she wants to help someone, speak to them directly and not beat around the bushes.

• Love 4

My respect for Lisa R just went up ten fold.  Because I wouldn't have apologized to that bitch no matter what I threw at her.  And Kim owes an apology to everyone at that damn table, especially Eileen.  I have no doubt that Lisa R, while having apologized, will still never go near Kim again.  She's learned a valuable lesson.

Living in Colorado, I wish more people would understand that just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone does it.  I voted to legalize it, I don't smoke it.  I cannot count the number of people who texted me or called me the night we legalized it with some stupid joke.  Not to mention those who make stupid jokes when I tell them that's where I'm from.  It's been awhile now and I still don't have the urge.

Brandi is a stick in the mud.  Seems if someone's not arguing or making racist remarks it's not any fun and she's bored.  Stay at home if you're just going to insult everyone.

And maybe Kim should actually be sober and then she wouldn't have to worry about her kids.  They will see what happened on poker night and do what?  Think she was sleep deprived? 

• Love 23
(edited)

These women are ridiculous with their prudishness about weed. It it legal there, and they are adults. Do they hide their drinking from their kids? No! I don't smoke it but the weird way they are acting about it just bugs me.

Edited by qtpi75
  • Love 15

I'm trying to focus on Kyle running out instead of all the ugliness...when she gets to the sidewalk outside the restaurant you can see this older gentleman stop and look at her like maybe she needs help. The look of genuine concern on his little Dutch face together with Kyle's fleeing just made me laugh hysterically.

• Love 8

I'm surprised to come here and see the thread already 3 pages long, did the episode air yesterday, or a preview and I missed it?

Yay, pretty Amsterdam! Thanks for the trip Yo and Bravo. So funny they ran into someone Yo dated.

LMAO, when Yo started with the "we're not perfect" topic, there's no way it would be anything but sheer awesomeness.  I'm sorry if my reaction offends anyone, but this time I was entertained by the drama the way it played out with so much soap opera style, which is easy to do when you're sitting in the safety of your own home and not a part of the embarrassment.  I wanted to award Emmys all around.  The fact that they did that in public is unbelievable.  I would never defend Kim, but Lisa R did go for the jugular and looked like she was going to throttle her.  I don't think they even had the meal.  I'm shocked they were mature enough to sit down rationally and talk about it without any bodyguards, was not expecting that.

Last but not least, my thoughts and prayers to ub40fan, RIP hon

• Love 9

Same here in New York.  :(

We all just need to go to Amsterdam and ...not throw shit at each other (insults or glass).  I want to ride a bike to a windmill in my hooker heels.   And then eat some cake and ..not argue in the streets.  What's the point then, right?  lol 

LOL, I love your posts.

You're sweet! 

• Love 8
(edited)

My respect for Lisa R just went up ten fold.  Because I wouldn't have apologized to that bitch no matter what I threw at her.  And Kim owes an apology to everyone at that damn table, especially Eileen.  I have no doubt that Lisa R, while having apologized, will still never go near Kim again.  She's learned a valuable lesson.

Living in Colorado, I wish more people would understand that just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone does it.  I voted to legalize it, I don't smoke it.  I cannot count the number of people who texted me or called me the night we legalized it with some stupid joke.  Not to mention those who make stupid jokes when I tell them that's where I'm from.  It's been awhile now and I still don't have the urge.

Brandi is a stick in the mud.  Seems if someone's not arguing or making racist remarks it's not any fun and she's bored.  Stay at home if you're just going to insult everyone.

And maybe Kim should actually be sober and then she wouldn't have to worry about her kids.  They will see what happened on poker night and do what?  Think she was sleep deprived? 

Completely agree. I would vote to legalize it. I just can't smoke it,  TMI, when I did, I assumed everything I thought people could hear ...not good. lol sorry that really was tmi.

Lisar is better than me I would never let  Kim in my room.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Production arranged. I'd put money on it. Half the women were seriously planning how to avoid the other half. Vanderpump sounded like she wanted to leave entirely. Time for damage control.

• Love 14

First thoughts: 

Well hell, that fight lasted a week here and only a day in Amsterdam. Kyle is such an innocent. Acting like she didn't understand the secret weed vocabulary, as if she was in Starbucks or something. She should be talking to her girls instead of hiding it from them. All but Portia are old enough, right? Brandi just has to throw a freaking fit in the streets! Ugly Americans alert! 6:00! They need to stay in Beverly Hills. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Has anyone considered that she really might be?

I have.  She was definitely on something at the poker game but I've often thought Kim has some chemical imbalance and/or mental issues.  That and she's one angry, mean woman.

ETA:  And I believe she takes prescription drugs for her anxiety, depression, mental health and/or general bitchiness.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 13