Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

And according to the poster "truthaboutlove" from earlier in this thread, the "Nick tried to contact Andi" stuff didn't actually happen.  Or happen to the extent which was portrayed by the tabloids and the producers.

So the scene that was aired where Nick came to the studio and asked to see Andi (there was some note involved, with Harrison the messenger) and being told "no way" never happened and was all set up and staged by TPTB? Really ... ?

I guess I don't buy that.

And Ben ... I don't even remember a Ben on Ashley's season. I do remember JP, however. Which demonstrates how quickly these people leave my mind when their seasons are over.

ETA: OH, you mean Ben Flapjack. Never remembered him being F2. So ... never mind!

Edited by saber5055
(edited)

For the record, yes I noted that all the trying to contact Andi thing was crap the show created for more drama and even if it was true, I for one would have had no issues with Andi not wanting to talk to Nick anywhere but on the live ATFR which they were obligated to attend. 

Nick didn't have to go through with the proposal and get rejected as Ben did with Ashley.  And Ben was damn pissed when that happened.  Andi might have indeed been a bitch to Nick on the AFTR, but as the old saying goes, "People eventually show you who they are".

Yes, people eventually show you who they are and Andi did just that. It was telling the comments to the news of her and Josh breaking up. People were far more sympathetic to him than her. But speaking of Ben, this exactly again is what bothered some about Andi. 

Let's be clear, yes, no one is obligated to tell someone why they chose someone else or owe them anything after a break up. But this show is not normal and part of the whole crazy process is the ATFR where the lead is confronted about some of their actions and choices. It's also why they do the MTA/WTA. Many declared multiple times with regard to Andi "the lead has to lead people on." Yes, but again, they also have to be prepared to be confronted by that person about their actions because people are human and show or not, they are affected by these choices and decisions.

And I remember Ashley got raked for having Ben get all the way to proposing, even if she was genuinely sorry. And I remember she expressed that at the ATFR, how badly she felt, she apologized, said she just went into shock, etc. Emily, who I'm no fan of, who some want to talk about special snowflake fans, Arie fans ripped her after the ATFR and Emily too said how sorry she was that she didn't articulate herself well enough when she let Arie go. That she was sorry for not fully explaining things and leaving him confused, etc.

And still these women were judged. So Andi is not being picked on when people didn't like her and again, the difference is these other women at least showed some empathy towards someone that for better or worse they did lead on (yes it's what the show is but it still sucks). Not Andi - the woman was a bitch to Nick long before he dropped the sex bombshell. And so maybe there was some element of vindictiveness on his part but I believed him when he said that it just threw him so much that he had to wonder then yeah, why did she have sex with him? Because again, the Andi that walked out that night and started talking gave the impression she never felt a thing for Nick and it was all his fault for thinking otherwise. 

So the scene that was aired where Nick came to the studio and asked to see Andi (there was some note involved, with Harrison the messenger) and being told "no way" never happened and was all set up and staged by TPTB? Really ... ?

No, Chris Harrison revealed during the ATFR that Nick apparently contacted the producers twice to try to speak to Andi alone before the reunion show. The first time she was still in Mexico with Josh right after filming ended and she said no and I can't remember when the other time was but she said no then too. That of course sparked "omg Nick is such a stalker" talk. In any case, Nick never agrees or disagrees when Chris Harrison said this. 

Later, after the ATFR and all the fallout from the big sex reveal, Ali, former Bachelorette who now works for E! News Live, said on the show that she spoke to Andi and Andi told her that actually it's not true that Nick ever contacted her and instead he was just saying that to gain more sympathy from the public. Thing is, if true and I don't see why Ali would make that story up, Andi was also declaring the producers liars because again Chris Harrison was the one who brought it up, not Nick.

So some started speculating that a lot of that stuff was done for drama and Nick went along with it because he'd stupidly spoiled the season by accident when he was filmed by someone, talking way too loud on an airplane. So the show probably owned him at this point because that could have potentially been a big lawsuit. The whole letter thing after the MTA, some still debate if that was part of it as well. I for one don't doubt that Nick was upset and blindsided by how things went with Andi and that he was thrown by her coldness but I wouldn't put it past the show to manufacture more stuff just to up the drama factor.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Why was Nick owed anything else from Andi than what he got?  No other lead, to my knowledge, has done that for a rejected F2.  Though, Jef Holm apparently let Arie know that he and Emily were engaged when Arie tried to contact her.  But Emily didn't want to speak to him which was her right.

He was owed anything he wanted because of his SSS - Special Snowflake Status.  /sarcasm

As much as he demanded "closure" from Andi, in various ways, I also feel she was under no obligation to pander to his neediness.  He just couldn't take the hint and wanted to demean her publicly in retaliation.    

• Love 4

According to RS, special snowflake Nick is on a group date today.    I guess Fleiss and company want to go for maximum drama and going to make sure he's with all his new best guy friends more than he is with Kaitlyn!

• Love 2

For the record, I have no problem with Nick barging in and coming on this show. SOMEONE had to let him in, either TPTB or Kaitlyn, so it's all good in my book. I also had no problem with Nick revealing Andi had sex with him on their FS date. In fact, I was happy someone finally spoke the truth instead of pussy-footing around. In this day of Naked Dating, who the heck cares who sleeps with whom anyway? And I'd think even the live shows have a delay, "just in case." So, obviously TPTB wanted that news out there to cause even more chatter about the show.

See? The plan worked!

Is this B-ette season staying all in the U.S. too? Sounds like it from the RS reveals anyway. Anyone know how close they are to HTDs? Or too early yet?

• Love 2

We women love options, so I'm not surprised Kaitlyn was on board with Nick joining the crew.  She has absolutely nothing to lose, and the producers get a new "wow" moment for the season.  Nick can pretend to be the "rogue, untamed romantic" and Kaitlyn can pretend to dig it.  Until she gets bored and moves on to a prettier face. 

• Love 1

Based on many things I've read on various boards in the past few days, Kaitlyn and her eventual F1 (if not Nick) better be made of pretty stern stuff because the backlash she will face from some of his fans will be epic.   But Kaitlyn could have also sent him home the night he showed up, so we shall see what happens.

• Love 1

We women love options, so I'm not surprised Kaitlyn was on board with Nick joining the crew.  She has absolutely nothing to lose, and the producers get a new "wow" moment for the season.  Nick can pretend to be the "rogue, untamed romantic" and Kaitlyn can pretend to dig it.  Until she gets bored and moves on to a prettier face. 

I think she does have something to lose. The guys are bound to be pissed about Nick joining the group or at least question her. Half the fans can't stand Nick either, so it certainly doesn't make Kaitlyn look good in their eyes.

IF I thought Kaitlyn had any real interest in finding her life partner and being married, then I would see where she might be concerned with her image.  But Kaitlyn has never struck me as a woman who really gives a damn about what other people think.  But if by some possibility she does want to settle down, I still don't think the opinions of the general public will matter much. 

• Love 5

Is this B-ette season staying all in the U.S. too? Sounds like it from the RS reveals anyway. Anyone know how close they are to HTDs? Or too early yet?

Reality Steve hasn't said how many guys made it to San Antonio.  9 were in the picture taken on the street when they first got there but he said there were more so I'm guessing we are at the 11 guys left stage.

I would guess if they haven't gone overseas by now, they probably won't be going till the fantasy dates but I guess we'll have to see.  Maybe they'll head to Canada next, to show off Kaitlyn's home country.

I guess if the show gets the same viewer numbers and U.S. cities keep paying ABC to film in their city, then why go overseas where ABC has to fork over the cash for airlines, etc. I guess everywhere is "the most romantic place to find love" if you are on this show, whether you are in Texas or Timbuktu.

Whether Kaitlyn picks Nick or someone else or no one at all, she'll get plenty of hate AND plenty of support. So, what does she care? She got to be the b-ette and be on teevee. The show hasn't even started to air and she and Nick are getting plenty of both already. LOL!

• Love 2

Steve's update today said that so far, 4 guys have left before the rose ceremonies.  (The next one is tomorrow night).  He doesn't know if Kaitlyn booted them, or they chose to go Brady on her, but that's pretty significant. 

He's also got a bunch of photos of the San Antonio hijinks.  And of course, skeevy Nick is right there.  I have to admit I feel some unaccustomed pity for him, since he probably enjoyed dressing up like a Mariachi for Kaitlyn as much as he enjoyed dressing up like a mime for Andi!

Some of the guys might have left due to her letting Nick join the show. I remember in Ashley's season, one guy left after she confessed to them about Bentley coming back to see her. And in that instance Bentley didn't even stick around, she just talked to him. But it was enough for some of the guys to feel "betrayed" and it was another instance of Ashley's crying. Sorry, I liked Ashley but man that woman was a weepy Bachelorette.

• Love 1

Steve's update today said that so far, 4 guys have left before the rose ceremonies.  (The next one is tomorrow night).  He doesn't know if Kaitlyn booted them, or they chose to go Brady on her, but that's pretty significant.

Oh, wow, I can hear Harrison's promos now about TheMostDramaticSeasonEVAH!

• Love 2

I wonder if he'll finally be able to make it the MOST DRAMATIC EVERRRR!

I know, right? So much of that is in the interpretation of "dramatic." But it's starting out that way, with *gasp* TWO bachelorettes!

• Love 1

Steve's update today said that so far, 4 guys have left before the rose ceremonies.  (The next one is tomorrow night).  He doesn't know if Kaitlyn booted them, or they chose to go Brady on her, but that's pretty significant. ...

I can't get RS's site to behave on this iPad, but I don't think he said he didn't know if Kaitlyn booted them, he just said four had left plus Brady (so five have left)? I thought one of the comments asked if the leavers left on their own or were pushed, but I think RS's phrasing was just that they left (which I took to mean they didn't want to be there). Even if they were pushed, that is a lot of people--she really hated them so much she couldn't wait for a rose ceremony ousting? She might get an interesting edit.

• Love 1

Must confess I'm curious to see what happens. I too took it that quite a few had left on their own, which could be pretty interesting. I hate to see people get hurt but it's kinda a given on this show, so now I think I'm more curious about who and when. I hope they all had fun before the bad moments.

I read RS to mean that the four (or five?) had left on their own volition. Even he admits that this will make it one of the "messiest" seasons so far.

Interesting. I wonder if Nick was added just to up the number of warm bodies.

• Love 1

Interesting. I wonder if Nick was added just to up the number of warm bodies.

Supposedly he's been following her on social media since Chris's season, and wanted a shot at her.  No way to know if it's "real" for him, or a producer setup.  But then he also supposedly never met her before, so he only had what was shown on screen to go by.  Plus, it gave him another shot at TV exposure. 

I read RS to mean that the four (or five?) had left on their own volition.  Even he admits that this will make it one of the "messiest" seasons so far.

If they are all self-eliminations, I'll feel vindicated in predicting/warning that a Kaitlyn season would be like Ashley's, where guys had been hoping to compete for Emily or Chantal.

I know, I know, they "could have" voted for Britt. And Iraqis "could have" voted for someone other than Saddam Hussein.

• Love 3

Let's be clear, yes, no one is obligated to tell someone why they chose someone else or owe them anything after a break up.

That's right. By the same token, no one is obligated to open the door for a person on crutches, give up a bus seat for a woman nine months pregnant, say "Pardon me" if they fart/belch in public, get in a long line at the back instead of the front, say "You're welcome" when someone tells them "Thank you," or say "Thank you" ever at all. It's just that some of us were taught courtesy and how to be polite by our moms. Andi ... not so much.

So, lack of manners bothers some of us. Others ... not so much.

I know, I know, they "could have" voted for Britt. And Iraqis "could have" voted for someone other than Saddam Hussein.

Thanks for my morning laugh, Bugs. Good one.

• Love 3

The latest is that Fleiss has taken Kaitlyn and her guys overseas as they are filming in Dublin, Ireland today.

RS didn't say how many guys are left but usually at this point its 8 guys so we are getting close to the final 4 and hometowns.

Thanks Cindy. Dublin will make for some great scenery. I wonder if the Bs get a say in where they go overseas or if they are at the mercy of whatever place cuts them a financial break. I hope they don't do any corny leprechaun stuff though.

I guess they'll only be abroad for 2 episodes, since doesn't it go from 8 to 6 and then 6 to 4? A lot more traveling than Chris's ladies got though! Wonder what the next pit stop is. 

According to Reality Steve, Britt & Brady are together in the Nashville area, where he lives.  A few Twitter posting of them out & about on dates.  Looks like it's working for her so far.   She definitely looks happy. 

• Love 1

According to Reality Steve, Britt & Brady are together in the Nashville area, where he lives.  A few Twitter posting of them out & about on dates.  Looks like it's working for her so far.   She definitely looks happy. 

This is hilarious - and cute and sweet. I was trying to explain to DH how once a person is in the franchise circle, it gets incestuous and they end up pairing off in ways the show never anticipated. I hope B&B work out for their sakes because everyone deserves to fall in love, but I'm amused regardless.

• Love 2

Still nothing on where the final six (I'm assuming that's how many guys are left) and Kaitlyn went after Dublin, Ireland.   Be interesting to see if Nick is still around and if he gets another home town date, how his family reacts to it.   Might not see the cute younger siblings trotted out again.

As for Britt & Brady, she's in a win-win situation right now with him.   Seemingly nice guy who is interested in her and I can see them getting lots of positive press, if they last awhile.    She might even end up in a better position than Kaitlyn. 

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2

I'm sure RS will have something this week. 

I think it's kind of ironic that so many guys have left this season. Maybe buyer's remorse? I'm actually glad for Britt. After all the shit she got, she deserves to get something positive out of this experience.

• Love 3

I'm glad for Britt, too. I can't figure why so many people hate her, I don't see the reason for it. Now someone like Kelsey, I can see and understand that dislike. Yet Britt has gotten more bad comments than Kelsey ever did, it's like Kelsey was given a pass for being ... well, what she is. Go figure. I hope B+B last a long, long time. I'm totally on her side.

• Love 3

I don't think it's fair to say Kelsey was given a pass while Britt alone was judged. Kelsey got mocked and called a nutjob not just on this board but plenty of places online. Seriously, go look up any Bachelor article written about her during the season. People looked up her late husband's obituary because many were convinced she made it up entirely, her sister and family members came on social media defending her because people were on her personal profiles calling her out and accusing her of being crazy. Kelsey got PLENTY of hate and likely would have gotten much the reaction Britt did, probably even worse, if she'd been made a potential Bachelorette (yes never would have happened but just saying). 

As for the reaction towards Britt, again in my opinion, the producers themselves were responsible for how Britt was seen by some of the viewers. They edited her as fake and slightly manipulative and knew exactly what they were doing when they did it. No, I'm not saying Britt is the worse person ever and I certainly don't hate her but I will say the thing she did that I thought was the biggest turn off was when she went off on Chris when he gave Kaitlyn the group date rose before HTD. I found her reaction reeked of entitlement and the reason it especially bothered me was because she was all too happy being the recipient of Chris running off with her to see Big & Rich perform while the women sat around like idiots for over an hour.

When she walked back in with the rose and all the women naturally had emotional reactions, she sat around like she wasn't sure why they were upset. So for her to have had that freak out when Chris gave Kaitlyn the rose was ridiculous. And I hated how she, along with the show's help, completely seemed to ignore that during the WTA and acted like her leaving and her bad image was all Carly's fault and Carly's talking to Chris. And look, I was no fan of Carly's but I hated how that entire unattractive scene from Britt was completely eradicated and never addressed.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Kelsey did take a huge beating.

To be fair to Britt, the women didn't sit around for an hour. They actually went to a bar down the street and had drinks and dinner with the crew. And let's not act like any of the other contestants wouldn't have done the same.

• Love 1
And let's not act like any of the other contestants wouldn't have done the same.

And I never said otherwise and said as much when the episode aired. And yes, I heard that they went to a restaurant and ate but it still didn't negate what Chris did was shitty, likely prompted by the producers, but shitty anyway. I didn't hold Britt accountable for that though. However, my point is, that I just felt it made her seem even more entitled and whinier that after all that, she would get so indignant and irate over not getting a group date rose.

Again, I don't hate the woman, I don't care enough about these people to hate them (yes even Andi). But it was the thing that truly turned me off with her and I thought it was very telling that the show tried to wipe it away like it never happened during the big WTA confrontation. It was all about what Carly said to Chris, like that was the only possible reason Chris could have had to let her go and not, oh the fact that she went sort of batshit on him after he gave someone else a rose. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Kelsey did take up her website after the Bachelor, and one of her articles is bemoaning how as a poor, poor widow, they took advantage of her in a BAD way.  Same stuff she said in her "interview" with Chris Harrison, none of it is her fault, but it's everybody else's. 

There's a link in the Media thread to a Jezebel post about attending a taping in NYC where 8 bachelors had a "rap battle" for bachelorette. It all sounds very cringeworthy and not super spoilery except the blogger says that Nick Viall was at a table as part of the audience. How does that match up with the other spoilers in terms of timeline, etc.?

How does that match up with the other spoilers in terms of timeline, etc.?

It matches up perfectly. That was the date and location where Nick first showed up and per RS's source, he and Kaitlyn went off and had their makeout. There are also pictures of that day that showed some fans posed with Ashley I, Sharleen and Nick. So the theory is Nick shows up that day in New York, he and Kaitlyn have some private time together and I guess he says he wants to pursue her and she lets him stay, giving him a rose at that night's ceremony. And at that point he joins the cast. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

It seems probable (though not a 100% confirmed) that Shawn and Ben had hometown dates.
Info was also gathered that they spent 3 weeks in Ireland, so there is a good chance there are 4 fantasy dates and 3 hometown dates this season.
Hometown dates were filmed this week, which really doesn't leave time for fantasy dates to be filmed.

So Ben, Shawn and perhaps Nick (as there was a rumored hometown date for him also) may be the F3. As I said, nothing definitive.

• Love 3
(edited)

There are 2 Bens and 2 Shawns.  And 1 Nick, which is 1 too many Nicks.   I hope he gets humiliated again on national TV.  That would be an excellent payoff for having to put up with him again. 

3 weeks in Ireland sounds excessive.  If it's true, I'll bet they were all bored out of their skulls by the time they left.  Sure it's a nice place, but 3 weeks?  I'm not really buying it. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

There are 2 Bens and 2 Shawns.  And 1 Nick, which is 1 too many Nicks.   I hope he gets humiliated again on national TV.  That would be an excellent payoff for having to put up with him again. 

I hope so too. I am pissed they put him on this season. I barely wanna watch it now.

• Love 3

3 weeks in Ireland sounds excessive.  If it's true, I'll bet they were all bored out of their skulls by the time they left.  Sure it's a nice place, but 3 weeks?  I'm not really buying it. 

Maybe they filmed three episodes there? I read somewhere a while ago that an episode only takes 3-4 days to film.

• Love 1

^ So that would cover 12 days.  3 weeks is 21 days.  Even 12 days seems way too much.  I can't remember any season being in one place (other than the mansion) so long.  What the hell would everybody DO for that long?  You can only drink so much beer & tour so many churches.  I know they're switching things up, but that's ridiculous.  

Let's see ...

Guinness factory tour
Castle date (Blarney Stone, probably)

Soccer match

boat ride

something with sheep
Irish step dance lesson
performance by some little-known Irish singer

Would that fill 3 episodes?

• Love 1

Maybe they tried to actually space the fantasy dates out by a week in between, instead of them being basically back to back nights? 

Sounds like a fun trip unless they were locked in their rooms the whole time.

Ben Higgins and Shawn Booth.

• Love 1

I hated the way the show abused Ashley (imo) by showing the nasty things Bentley said about her behind her back. It was the most anti-woman vibe of anyTB season imo (and that takes some doing)--saved fortunately by JP being so genuine and into the relationship.  This season had the "potential" to be more of the same, having some guys disappointed when their choice didn't stay.

So if 4 guys dump Kaitlyn (let's say that's how it is) even before the RC, that would be awful. But I have to applaud Britt for outplaying the system. She didn't have to endure the emotional ups and downs of producer manipulations, falling in/out of love, getting fan reactions pro and con, etc. She just cut right through it and got an apparently good relationship right away out of it. Kind of cool outcome for her at least. (I just hope Kaitlyn has fun and isn't set up to be humiliated like Ashley was--whether she finds someone or not).

• Love 3