Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Divorce

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

I haven't watched it yet. What was Christine's reaction this crap? And did they show the honeymoon, or does that make it look too bad?

More than anything, I just hope all these women have their homes and mortgages in their own names, and their bank accounts in their own names. I really hope that Janelle especially was smart enough to keep Kody's name off her finances. That way, if he dies, she is not under Robyn's thumb as Robyn goes about dividing up Kody's assets.

I'm still hoping that Meri is slowly pushing away from this marriage so that she can eventually bail and go live near Mariah in Utah. Getting a legal divorce would be the first step.

• Love 2

http://imgur.com/z9G03WR

You naive fool.  Robyn has called the shots from the beginning.

You can bet your sweet bippie that she'll have that clarified for her the moment the legal one wants to use her new status to her advantage.

The only way Meri doesn't come out a complete loser is if she really does harbor resentments that have her planning an escape. Otherwise, she's just a desperate, foolish dope.

• Love 7

I tend to agree that Kody's obligation to the 6 children that Janelle and Christine each have is bigger than any spousal obligations. More simply, child support for 6 kids for 15 more years is worth more than 1/2 Kody's assets. (I think it's 4 minors each now but student may get support? IDK.)

Additionally, Christine and Janelle have assets that are not shared with Kody, unlike Meri and Robyn.

• Love 1

Let's say, just for argument sake that all these things they are saying about Jessop are true (I will pause while you take time to laugh :-) ). Let's say he's a total deadbeat dad. He's not paying his child support. He's emotionally abusive to the kids and doesn't love them. He hasn't contacted them in a long time. He's plotting to swoop in and take them away.... Divorcing Meri and marrying Robyn doesn't fix any of that. It doesn't even help any of that. The only think that makes all of that go away is Jessop relinquishing his parental rights. 

I have no doubt that this divorce is the first step in Robyn's plan..... but her plan has nothing to do with Kody adopting the kids. 

• Love 8

OT,  Meri and Robyn will both get SS from Kody's account some day. Janelle has worked enough I guess, that she will get it through her own earnings. That leaves Christine..she has never been married, nor held a job, so what will happen to her in her old age?

• Love 6

Jessop is probably being offered money daily for his opinion. His ability to refuse make him my favorite. Meri traded her marriage for camera time and Robyn schemed, and clawed to win the emperor's new clothes.

After just watching the divorce taped episode this morning, for some reason what popped in my mind was that Jessop was offered cash to relinquish custody. Somewhere along the road Jessop HAD to to do so, money offer or not. So that gives the green light for Kody's adoption.

(edited)

I tend to agree that Kody's obligation to the 6 children that Janelle and Christine each have is bigger than any spousal obligations. More simply, child support for 6 kids for 15 more years is worth more than 1/2 Kody's assets. (I think it's 4 minors each now but student may get support? IDK.)

Additionally, Christine and Janelle have assets that are not shared with Kody, unlike Meri and Robyn.

It might be different from state to state, but where I live the non custodial parent still has to provice support for any children up to the age of 25 if they are in college full time.  But that means nothing because once the show's ended, I doubt Kody will earn enough to make his support payments.

Meri really is screwed because Kody is half owner of her house, and could force a sale of that house if he wanted to.  He's not doing it now because of the show, but if they were cancelled tomorrow all sorts of drama could develop as Kody tries to placate Robyn and keep his other three wives (that he really only wants because he likes to brag about having 4 wives).

Robyn's in the drivers seat now more than ever.  She can get Kody to do whatever she wants.  I wonder if she'll put his name on her house.

Edited by Zahdii
(edited)

An article I read this morning says that Robyn's kids allegedly have an 'unhealthy relationship' with their father. Anyone think that at least some of that comes from their mother talking badly about him all the time and telling them their father is a rapist?

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 14

I still believe this is the plan and possible outcome is this:

Meri - tired of being ridiculed in public and part of this mess, got a real divorce. She probably tried to initial use the divorce as a story line. Kody, having seen Big Love, added on marrying Robyn. It probably isn't a big deal to Kody because he makes all the decisions and has very little respect for his wives.

Robyn - having delivered a male child - really prefers to play house rather than live it. She sees the legal marriage as a ticket out of labor and delivery. She pays off Meri by absolving her of the stupid jewelry business. I'm sure that pride and vanity play here.

Christine and Kody have been separated for more than a year and only pretend for the show. Christine's vanity is she doesn't want to be another woman in her family to fail at polygamy. 

Janelle is farming. Maintaining the status quo long enough until she has assets or fewer children to raise. I don't think Kody's marriage has any impact on her long term goals and she could leverage it into something else that does impact her future.

I think in 10 years, Kody has Robyn, maybe Christine symbolically, and perhaps 1 more child if he has the balls to suggest another wife to Robyn. 

• Love 3

I may be gullible but the reasoning made sense to me.  However.... I do also realize how stupid of a reason it is because I think they're a little in denial about how custody/adoption works.  But I do get why they think having Robyn legally married might help them. 

Unfortunately for Mary she gave it up for nothing. 

And I am surprised at how much crap Robyn can talk about her ex on TV. 

• Love 1

More than anything, I just hope all these women have their homes and mortgages in their own names, and their bank accounts in their own names. I really hope that Janelle especially was smart enough to keep Kody's name off her finances. That way, if he dies, she is not under Robyn's thumb as Robyn goes about dividing up Kody's assets.

I'm still hoping that Meri is slowly pushing away from this marriage so that she can eventually bail and go live near Mariah in Utah. Getting a legal divorce would be the first step.

We are all probably thinking of this the wrong way. Kody isn't exactly a Dupont or a member of the Walmart family. Sobyn will hardly be the merry rich widow paying gigolos for their company. Aside from his TLC income (which probably goes as fast as it comes given all their expenses) and whatever mystery sales/marketing job he has, Kody's assets are minimal at best. He has 22 kids and counting. He will probably only leave a few dollars in a bank account, whatever vehicle(s) he may own, the clothes on his back, the Lehi property & his ponytail scrunchies - the rest is all debt. Kody will be in a hole and be leaving his wives in one too, but a financial one.

I was so disgusted by the Divorce episode that I didn't even bother to watch the so-called Tell-All. I didn't buy their shit the 1st hour, I damn sure wouldn't the 2nd hour either so why bother. Plus, those episodes are always so damn useless and just seem more like a recap and more Brown spin totally enabled by TLC and the hostess.

If the episode did one thing, it did convince me that they had no plans to make the wife swap a story this season. That episode was a last minute scramble to spin the fact that it was leaked on-line.

• Love 3

OT, Meri and Robyn will both get SS from Kody's account some day. Janelle has worked enough I guess, that she will get it through her own earnings. That leaves Christine..she has never been married, nor held a job, so what will happen to her in her old age?

Christine will most likely do what her mother has done and what her mother before her did as well --- move in with the daughter with the best house.
  • Love 2

If the episode did one thing, it did convince me that they had no plans to make the wife swap a story this season. That episode was a last minute scramble to spin the fact that it was leaked on-line.

Same here.

Kody thought he could keep this story suppressed, even from TLC. Had TLC known what was going on, they would have drawn the storyline out all season --- not scramble to record scenes at the last minute. I wonder how TLC regards the Browns now? We've seen how quickly the jettisoned the Honey Boo Boo family at the hint of blood in the water --- and that family had merchandise deals (costumes, cards, clothing at Walmart) so more money was involved.

I'm interested to see which narrative they'll use to shape next season. We all know it won't be "truth".

Like others have said above, I'm now hate-watching the show just to see how deep their lies get.

• Love 2
Yeah, that's why I found it interesting that she clearly stated this ep, several times, that he wasn't paying child support.

I heard Robyn mumble "child support" at least once in response to asking how this would change things, but I thought she was saying that by marrying Kody she would be losing child support. She can't buy all those VS panties on the pittance she gets from TLC alone!

(edited)

After just watching the divorce taped episode this morning, for some reason what popped in my mind was that Jessop was offered cash to relinquish custody. Somewhere along the road Jessop HAD to to do so, money offer or not. So that gives the green light for Kody's adoption.

I might be able to buy that he was paid off to relinquish custody. I doubt he has because as much as she badmouths the ex I think she would have said so indicating "he's such a horrible father he gave up his children and now they need a legal father'. But I guess I could see they have either made an offer to pay him to give up his legal rights or they plan to. I seriously doubt he HAD to give up his rights. There are so few legal reasons that biological parents lose custody it seems almost impossible to me that it would have happened.  Even child abuse doesn't result in permanent termination of parental rights. So if he does/did give up rights, he did so voluntarily. 

One question for anyone with legal knowledge... if one parent offers money to the other for them to terminate rights, as suggested as a possibility here, would the court still allow the termination? They tend to frown on what is essentially buying of a child at that point.

Edited by 3girlsforus

OT,  Meri and Robyn will both get SS from Kody's account some day. Janelle has worked enough I guess, that she will get it through her own earnings. That leaves Christine..she has never been married, nor held a job, so what will happen to her in her old age?

She will have to make matching leggings to her mom's handbags?

• Love 1

I might be able to buy that he was paid off to relinquish custody. I doubt he has because as much as she badmouths the ex I think she would have said so indicating "he's such a horrible father he gave up his children and now they need a legal father'. But I guess I could see they have either made an offer to pay him to give up his legal rights or they plan to. I seriously doubt he HAD to give up his rights. There are so few legal reasons that biological parents lose custody it seems almost impossible to me that it would have happened.  Even child abuse doesn't result in permanent termination of parental rights. So if he does/did give up rights, he did so voluntarily. 

One question for anyone with legal knowledge... if one parent offers money to the other for them to terminate rights, as suggested as a possibility here, would the court still allow the termination? They tend to frown on what is essentially buying of a child at that point.

You misinterpreted what I said. " HAD to " indicated NOT forced to, but apparently had to have DONE so, for whatever reason. He would have HAD to for the reason being no child can legally have 2 fathers.

You misinterpreted what I said. " HAD to " indicated NOT forced to, but apparently had to have DONE so, for whatever reason. He would have HAD to for the reason being no child can legally have 2 fathers.

Oh I see... sorry.... Yes you are right that for their plan to work he has to give up his rights. Maybe they did pay him off to do it. 

I heard Robyn mumble "child support" at least once in response to asking how this would change things, but I thought she was saying that by marrying Kody she would be losing child support. She can't buy all those VS panties on the pittance she gets from TLC alone!

My ex didn't pay child support either so I had family court garnish his wages. I'm surprised Robyn didn't so that or have it taken out of his bank account. Surely he must have both or either.

The Hawaii Honeymoon for the royal couple Kody and Robyn proves that this is all a bunch of crap.  If Kody gave a crap about his other wives he would have taken them on nice trips!  Janelle because she was next up, and Christine because she has wanted Kody's approval for over twenty years.

• Love 11
(edited)

Would the adoption records be available in Clark County if Kodouche adopts those kids?  I don't think they knew their divorce records would be available, and that totally screwed up their plans.

Good question... I thought adoption records were only sealed when it's a closed adoption. This obviously isn't so I'd say the records would be public but I'm not sure. 

I wonder about the child support part too... I know there are a ton of deadbeat shmuck dads who don't pay support and I'm sure I'm biased because Robyn makes me sick but I wonder if the support situation is really something like this  - the support agreement was made prior to the TLC money. She now has a ton more money so he asked it to be renegotiated. Add to that I wouldn't put it past Robyn to skip bringing the kids for visitation. So maybe the courts put a hold on child support until she delivers the kids for visitation. Viola... Robyn claims he isn't paying child support. That actually would back up their 'he's going to take the kids away' claim to if he's filed papers (or threatened to) asking for custody because she doesn't honor the visitation agreement. So again they translate that into 'the horrible man doesn't respect that they are Browns now and it going to steal them.'

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2
(edited)

Christine and Kody have been separated for more than a year and only pretend for the show. Christine's vanity is she doesn't want to be another woman in her family to fail at polygamy. 

Huh? I missed this (don't watch the show often enough). Are they really separated? Where do you know this from.

Same here.

Kody thought he could keep this story suppressed, even from TLC. Had TLC known what was going on, they would have drawn the storyline out all season --- not scramble to record scenes at the last minute.

Wait ... I'm confused. I thought the Browns decided to do this as a ratings stunt - ie, to gain another season from TLC. I know it's all speculation and we have no facts aside from their spin, but why would the Browns want to hide the wife swap from TLC? What would they gain?

Edited by deedee2

My take on this scenario is that it was ALL a setup.    

ALL the families on these shows are all fame whores and want to live a higher end lifestyle without working. They ALL claim to be doing it for altruistic or educational reasons.   TLC is really good at spotting people who claim to only want to " educate", but have that bursting at the seams character flaw that makes them willing to do anything to stay on tv aka keeping the checks coming in.

They all start out with brown teeth, then out come the new white teeth, the houses and the nonsense.

Mary makes the decision and has the paperwork completed without talking to her husband of 24 years?   Yeah, right.

Lets see, maybe next season Mary will come clean as to the real reason for the divorce. She hooked up with the anthropology gal and then had a threesome with the Little Couple at a cookout at Mama June's new house.

• Love 3
(edited)

Janelle was worried that Kody would START favoring Robyn?!?  

I can't believe any worthwhile attorney would do this without at least asking about the current legal status of the kids.  So, so phony.

If I was Janelle, that'd be the last thing I'd worry about being my priority would be to scrape together all my pennies & contact my REAL family ( parents, siblings ) to see where I could move with my kids. I'm genuinely surprised she didn't on screen/off screen smack Kody in the face for ruining her life by seducing her with a shitful of beguiling lies. After Meri, it was Janelle's turn to be #1 wife. For decency's sake, she could have at least been asked, even if she turned it down.

Edited by youcantbeserious
  • Love 1
(edited)

I seriously doubt he HAD to give up his rights.

If Jessop gave up his rights for any reason (paid off or not) or abused his kids, Robyn would be singing it from the roof tops ("He ABANDONED his children! He just gave them up!"). If there really is unpaid child support, we don't know the reason. Is he working? Was there a change in the agreement once Robyn was making money from TLC? If Robyn doesn't want the kids to have the Jessop name any more, then petition the court to change their last name. Or let them legally change it when they are of age. As I stated earlier last evening, why hasn't ROBYN been working on this situation from the beginning? Robyn AND her precious Kody? Instead of doodling joory designs in her notebook, she shouda been working her attorney to 1. get Jessop's parental rights severed, 2. start the adoption process, 3. determine if a legal marriage would help despite the family still being polygamous, THEN 4. Meri and Kody divorce if legal marriage is needed between Kody and Robyn.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 5

Can Meri force a sale of the cul de sac compound house as an equitable distribution of assets?

That depends whose name is on the house she's living in. It would seem as if hers would be, but I think it's more who contributed to the mortgage. Maybe it's another story with the Lehi house & she can be bought out.

Christine and Kody have been separated since the arrival of Robyn, Christine just won't admit it.  

If the "lawyer" Meri saw is actually a practicing member of the bar, then he's terrible at his job.  What kind of attorney would allow his client to sign away her marital rights without explaining her rights and how this can affect her long term?  He asked if there would be any property division and she said no - shouldn't he have questioned this?  Very few couples have absolutely no assets to divide.  

Supposedly the divorce and legal marriage to Robyn takes plural marriage out of the picture when it comes to adopting Robyn's children, but that makes no sense.  First of all, these people are on national television as polygamists.  Second, Kody will have to have some kind of explanation as to why he has 5,000 biological children with multiple women.  I'm guessing a social worker or judge will also want some proof that he has been financially supporting his own children, and then further proof that he has the resources to support three more.  

I don't know about the state of Nevada, but in many states, children as old as Robyn's have the final say as to whether they want to be adopted or not.  Have they consulted with them?  Unfortunately they're still at the ages where they can be brainwashed, but they may not see becoming a legal Brown as something wonderful.

• Love 2

Let's say, just for argument sake that all these things they are saying about Jessop are true (I will pause while you take time to laugh P-)). Let's say he's a total deadbeat dad. He's not paying his child support. He's emotional abuive to the kids and doesn't love them. He hasn't contacted them in a long time. He's plotting to swoop in and take them away.... Divorcing Meri and marrying Robyn doesn't fix any of that. It doesn't even help any of that. The only thing that makes all of that go away is Jessop relinquishing his parental rights.

Jessop has to give up parental rights for there to be an adoption and we don't know if that's even been discussed with him. I could see an attempt to buy his cooperation and I could also see him sarcastically say, "yeah, sure, when you two get legally married," thinking that wouldn't actually happen. #Surprise!

I hurt for Christine, who has been ignored, belittled, and treated like dirt for the last year. And for Janelle, because I like her and because her response was much more realistic. There is no way at all that a change like this will not result in changes for family dynamics and to pretend otherwise is foolish. Oh, right, MerKobyn. And I think Kody should have been there when Meri told Christine and Janelle. If he was, he obviously made no impression on me.

I wonder what/when the kids were told and how they reacted. This whole swapperoo is About The Children so I hope they used care and were supportive, but I have no expectations about that actually happening.

My take on this scenario is that it was ALL a setup.    

ALL the families on these shows are all fame whores and want to live a higher end lifestyle without working. They ALL claim to be doing it for altruistic or educational reasons.   TLC is really good at spotting people who claim to only want to " educate", but have that bursting at the seams character flaw that makes them willing to do anything to stay on tv aka keeping the checks coming in.

They all start out with brown teeth, then out come the new white teeth, the houses and the nonsense.

Mary makes the decision and has the paperwork completed without talking to her husband of 24 years?   Yeah, right.

Lets see, maybe next season Mary will come clean as to the real reason for the divorce. She hooked up with the anthropology gal and then had a threesome with the Little Couple at a cookout at Mama June's new house.

Cheerio, did you notice my link to the Browns divorce paper? It shows Kody as being the filer.

I read somewhere (CJ's?) that Robyn demanded Kody choose between her and Meri. And she left the compound de sac for an unknown number of days. Kody begged her to return and agreed to divorce Meri.

Meri became disgusted with Robyn and Kody's lovey dovey behavior in front of her. Suspicion is, Kody wants to live in monogamy now. And that's ok with Robyn. I agree with the poster who said Meri was living in a condo.

I expect next season to be about the dissolution of their polygamous family.

My best friend had her husband adopt her two kids. The bio dad still had to pay child support even though legally he was no longer their father.

• Love 3

You are all too hard on Robyn!  She would have planned this out better and had her ducks all in a row, but she has been busier than she has been in her entire life!  First, she has that Pinterest board to maintain, and on top of that a Hawaii Honeymoon to plan.  Those things don't plan themselves!

• Love 19

I wonder what/when the kids were told and how they reacted. This whole swapperoo is About The Children so I hope they used care and were supportive, but I have no expectations about that actually happening.

I have no expectations of that happening either. I suspect they pulled the 'spiritual marriage is what matters' card with the kids. I'm in the camp that the divorce was done without even the knowledge of TLC and they expected to keep it secret. When it came out they were forced to tell the kids so they told them it's just about adoption and it doesn't matter because only spiritual marriage matters. Unfortunately for them, the kids know better. They are bound to have feelings about it and they see the wives crying etc. 

I don't care what these fools say.  This divorce has Robyn and Kody written all over it, and one big tell for me was when Meri "announced" the divorce.  The first thing out of Robyn's fake mush-mouth was a transparent, "ARE YOU SURE???" 

I know, that had about as much merit and feeling as if Meri told her she could have that least piece of cake in the fridge.

These people makes me sick, namely Kobyn. Sick.  They never make sense and always talk with both sides of their mouth and that was all apparent and on display last night.

• Love 4
(edited)

Cheerio, did you notice my link to the Browns divorce paper? It shows Kody as being the filer.

I missed it, but I will look for it.   It certainly goes along with the theory that this show and all the others are just huge piles of lies.

Edited to add:

i just looked at the link.  It looks like a joint filing so to speak as the lawyer talked about. The only thing that stands out to me is that Mary is listed as petitioner and paid for it.  If Kody originally filed for it, then wouldnt he have paid the fees?

Please correct me if I am wrong.  :)

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 2

Minor point. it irritates me that Meri tells the others about this by saying I AM DIVORCING KODY so he can adopt Robyns kids instead of SO THAT KODY CAN ADOPT ROBYNS KIDS, I am legally divorcing him. To me there is a difference. I am sure that was purely for drama either for TLC or to stick it to the others.

• Love 3

It was a joint filing as plainly stated on the paperwork.  Yes, Kody's name is first but it doesn't matter which name was typed first.  No one filed against the other.  Meri would have been a petitioner as would have Kody had he paid.  They are both petitioners.  Either one could have paid since they filed jointly.  

• Love 4

It was a joint filing as plainly stated on the paperwork.  Yes, Kody's name is first but it doesn't matter which name was typed first.  No one filed against the other.  Meri would have been a petitioner as would have Kody had he paid.  They are both petitioners.  Either one could have paid since they filed jointly.  

That is exactly what I got out of it when I found the link the read it.    So, I agree with everything you said.

On another subject, where is the "proof" that Kody and Christine are separated?  As a couple of other posters already stated, I must of missed it.

• Love 1

This one was hard to watch.  Meri was heartbroken – I don’t care how they spin it that she came up with this idea, or that they were re-enacting.  And Janelle is desperately trying to convince herself that rising above it/getting beyond it is part of the whole holy mission of their lifestyle.  But it’s killing her inside.

That said?  I think those children are happy where they are, and if their biological father is willing to surrender custody, I don’t have a problem with Kody adopting them, married to Robyn or not.  I don’t buy that bio-Dad hasn’t seen them in three years because Day’un was with him when he had the ATV accident while not wearing a helmet, right?

I’m not concerned with the estate, because... what estate?  The women “qualified” for the houses on their own, and will surrender them on their own.  I’m guessing the same is true for their (probably leased) cars.  The place back in Utah – is that under Meri and Kody’s name?  Frankly, I see Robyn’s antennae twitching, like she knows a new legal marriage could come back to bite her in the ass.  She’s been legally free, living in a mansion and playing house with Kody, all assets hers and hers alone.  Now she’s tied back down again.  Good luck with that.

The attorney was worthless.

I knew that the second I spotted the “Top Lawyer” hack plaque on his wall.  If you ever see that in a medical or legal office, RUN!  Totally pay to play, and no professional would ever stoop to hanging it on the wall as any kind of “honor.”  To be fair, he was only hired to act out what had already been signed, sealed and delivered months prior.

I tend to agree that Kody's obligation to the 6 children that Janelle and Christine each have is bigger than any spousal obligations. More simply, child support for 6 kids for 15 more years is worth more than 1/2 Kody's assets.

That presumes his name is on the birth certificate.  Oh, sure, he claims them as his own children spiritually,  but has it ever been verified that Christine and Janelle weren’t collecting benefits as single mothers with no father in the picture?  That’s part of the usual plyg fraud m.o.   If that’s the case and they go back now and try to hang paternity on Kody, they’d probably get nailed for welfare fraud.  And given the divorce and remarriage, adoption of Robyn’s kids under those circumstances would make Kody legally obligated to Robyn's kids in a way he is not to his actual biological children.  

Of course it’s also possible that they’ve never broken any laws in that regard (because presumably Utah would have come after them for fraud when the show first aired? Or was it fear of THAT that sent them across the desert to LV?)

I saw above and in a few other places that Kody promised he wasn't going to ride off into the sunset with Robyn. Does that strike anyone else as a 'protest too much' type of comment? Kind of like when you watch a police interrogation and the cops as 'what's your name' and the guy answers 'I have an alibi'. 

• Love 6
Someone on FB was saying that Meri has moved out of the cul de sac and now lives in a condo.  Not sure if it's true, but I really hope it is.

If that's true, I'm really curious if she did it to get away from the others, or the financial burden of Casa Wet Bar finally caught up to them. 

I'd watch "Leaving Kodouche" if TLC ever decided to film Meri, Jenelle and Christine's escape. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I missed it, but I will look for it.   It certainly goes along with the theory that this show and all the others are just huge piles of lies.

Edited to add:

i just looked at the link.  It looks like a joint filing so to speak as the lawyer talked about. The only thing that stands out to me is that Mary is listed as petitioner and paid for it.  If Kody originally filed for it, then wouldnt he have paid the fees?

Please correct me if I am wrong.  :)

You didn't see Kody Brown as being listed as PARTY #1 with Meri's name as PARTY  # 2? Did you scroll down & view everything? When I filed for divorce from my ex, i was listed as #1.

Kody Brown is listed as " PARTY 1 " & Meri as " PARTY 2 ". Does that sound like joint to you? You can view divorce decree on link below.

When the document itself says joint filing yes, it sounds very joint to me.  There has to be a  party 1 and party 2 because 2 people are involved.  You can trust the filing when it says joint filing and does not have plaintiff and respondent.  That's what it says when only one files.  

• Love 7
(edited)

When the document itself says joint filing yes, it sounds very joint to me.  There has to be a  party 1 and party 2 because 2 people are involved.  You can trust the filing when it says joint filing and does not have plaintiff and respondent.  That's what it says when only one files.  

I am aware that there has to be 2 parties but if Meri filed, then she should be listed as PARTY # 1. Maybe the wording is not the same in all states, just as taxes and laws vary. There's no objections from PARTY #2 so state law could view it as a joint action.

(edited)

On the Divorce episode with Meri discussing the divorce with Kody, did anyone catch Kody kissing Meri & her response was, " I love you. "  My  response to that:

#1)  That was the 1st time I ever saw one party telling the other " I love you " after discussing divorce, expecially if she is supposedly the one to file.

#2)  When Meri told Kody that after filing for divorce, she's waking with with dizzy spells, he smirks & says, " Drinking too much? " To me, that totally wiped out the pastries alibi for the wetbar.

• Love 1

I swear there was an episode a while back where Robyn was crying about her kids getting to the age where they could choose which parent they wanted to live with and she was afraid they would go with the father.

That doesn't sound like a deadbeat dad with no involvement. If he's willing to take primary custody (which Robyn's reaction made it seem like he would have no problem doing if the kids decided to live with him), then I doubt he's going to sign over his parental rights. If he didn't want to be involved in those kid's lives at all, there would have been no scare that they would leave to go live with him.

• Love 15

You can bet your sweet bippie that she'll have that clarified for her the moment the legal one wants to use her new status to her advantage.

The only way Meri doesn't come out a complete loser is if she really does harbor resentments that have her planning an escape. Otherwise, she's just a desperate, foolish dope.

I've been thinking about this scenario for hours and if Meri has been pissed off since Kody bailed on fertility treatments and kept this little gem of a plan in the works, and pulls it off...she will be my new superhero.  

well according to the interview, they are all just working like mad now so I guess Christine is just racking up SS points