Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I would say season 5 if you cut it off before the last scene, you'll have a complete series.  JMO.

Yep. I don't really think there is another point in the series where an season-ender didn't leave some sort of cliffhanger.

Spoiler

Maybe without the last seconds of 10x03 when we see Rowena, and since I sincerely didn't care about resolution for Cas and Hannah and Heaven's nonsense...

... it could have wrapped at 10x03.

I'd also like to add that there are some great (or good) episodes in every season, and under different leadership, it did not have to become this kind of cliche. Depending on the characters you enjoy, you could absolutely watch all fifteen seasons for one reason or another.

ETA: I do agree with  @Myrelle though - for me, the series ended with 11x23, if, like S5, you don't watch the last 2 minutes or so.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I would say season 5 if you cut it off before the last scene, you'll have a complete series.  JMO.

Or you could watch through s11 if watching through 5 feels unsatisfactory to you.

From 12 through 15, it's an entirely different(and much inferior, IMO) show-again IMO. 

I'm already prepared to think of it this way, unless the series final run of episodes is far superior to what's come before in these sad, sorry, and last 3 seasons. 

Very little hope for that, though, as the writing has only steadily become the some of the worst I've ever seen in my life, with little to no connection/attention whatsoever to both character and storyline canon, content, and concept.

JMO.

FWIW, and again, personally stating, I hated the ending of 5, but was fine with the ending of 11. 

In all honesty, I could also very easily see an argument made for ending it(also known as "stop watching") after the episode titled The End in S4, as for me, that marked the end of the best writing that the show ever gave us, at least from the storyboard sense.

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Love 4

Well so far my faves is Dean.  Sam is okay, but seems a bit wishy washy.  I hope he gets some more gumption in later seasons.  Again, tho I'm only on the 1st season.  I did see the binge watch thread, so I might check those recommendations out and then go back and fill in any of the blanks, if I need to.

Thanx everyone

• Love 1

I was just driving along and ‘He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother’ came on the radio. I turned up the volume and wondered why this song has never been used on the series (to my knowledge). Maybe too expensive? There are a few occasions it could’ve been..... like, gangbusters!!

You can have your favourite brother, you can criticize Jared’s acting, but these two guys possessed that mystical magical thing called chemistry. In bucketloads. I’ve always totally bought them as brothers. You can buy a lot of things, but you can’t buy chemistry.

How Supernatural wasn’t ever nominated for an Emmy is beyond me. Especially in those first years. I’m going to miss you Winchesters 😭 it’s just kinda dawning on me... the end is nigh 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I was just driving along and ‘He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother’ came on the radio. I turned up the volume and wondered why this song has never been used on the series (to my knowledge). Maybe too expensive?

Other than being a song that would be a great fit for this show, I don't think money is an issue.  Either no one has suggested it or it's a copyright issue.  'Supernatural' doesn't seem to have money issues for much more contemporary songs.  

14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I was just driving along and ‘He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother’ came on the radio. I turned up the volume and wondered why this song has never been used on the series (to my knowledge). Maybe too expensive? There are a few occasions it could’ve been..... like, gangbusters!!

Someone did a YouTube video of SPN set to that song if you're interested. It's old. It was done in Season 1.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, roamyn said:

Well so far my faves is Dean.  Sam is okay, but seems a bit wishy washy.  I hope he gets some more gumption in later seasons.  Again, tho I'm only on the 1st season.  I did see the binge watch thread, so I might check those recommendations out and then go back and fill in any of the blanks, if I need to.

Thanx everyone

If you are binge watching I think it lands differently.  Also, you can start an ep and if you hate it skip to the next one.  You can always read about the ep after you decided to skip to see if you think it's a must watch.  Each Showrunner had a different spin, some good and some bad.  Krikpe and Carver had the longer runs but Dabb gets to end it.  I doubt I'll ever watch all the eps again, but some with some time...sure.

I always enjoy re-watching "Crossroad Blues".

Spoiler

How Dean makes snide remarks to/about the people who made deals is especially poignant after Dean makes his own deal.  Of course, at the time, he was thinking of his father's probable deal to save his life. Really meaty episode IMO.

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 2

Thank you Pondlass1, we expect to be okay here just north of Houston.  Unfortunately alot of family members from Port Arthur, Bridge City, LaBelle, will probably not have a home to go back to.  This waiting period is hard.  My niece has lost her home 4 times in 10 years.  She keeps rebuilding, I don't think I could. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

Thank you Pondlass1, we expect to be okay here just north of Houston.  Unfortunately alot of family members from Port Arthur, Bridge City, LaBelle, will probably not have a home to go back to.  This waiting period is hard.  My niece has lost her home 4 times in 10 years.  She keeps rebuilding, I don't think I could. 

Keeping good thoughts for your family and all those in the path of the storm. 

Just because I'm boggled:  photo this morning (Sept. 9), three days after we set a record of 97 degrees.  Two days after 92 degrees.  Colorado weather.  I'm not sure if I'm complaining or bragging.😮

1054355604_snowsept92020.thumb.jpg.8e07810b66435344332cd992d31a5fa0.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It's horrible! I have two sisters in Eugene, OR and they are covered in smoke and even ash. Mind you, that they are many miles away from the worst of the fires. So very sad to see the country burning. 😞 And not that far away, snow in the mountains, after record heat. Strange times - apocalypse indeed! 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is what I'm living in right now.  Kind of fitting for the end of Supernatural filming...an actual Apocalypse. At 9:45 this morning

That is crazy scary. Yikes. I hope you and yours are safe. I saw this on Twitter.  I think I'd think twice about flying through it.

• Love 2

While I do really like the look of the car, when it peels out onto the road I can't help but think of how annoyed I always am when I have to listen to a driver doing that and my standard responses (to myself):

(sarcastically) "Oh, I'm SO impressed!" 

"Overcompensating, much?"

"That must be great for your tires."

And depending on how noisy it is: "Mufflers are your friend."

(And, yes, the damn kids need to get off my lawn!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Does anyone watch 600 Pound whatever? Brittany just lost loads of weight and got the Supernatural anti-demon tattoo. I’ve also seen the tattoo on folk on other reality shows. Out in the wild as Jared says.
I don’t have a tattoo. Should I get the anti demon one? Does anyone here have it? 🤣

• Love 2

I am still bewildered, to be frank, with the obsession for getting tattoos among the fandom.  Unpopular opinion it may be, but I hate ‘em.  And, if anyone has to get them, why does it always have to be the anti possession symbol - be original people 🤪

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Out in the wild as Jared says.
I don’t have a tattoo. Should I get the anti demon one? Does anyone here have it? 🤣

Not a tattoo person.  But if you must have it do it.  Otherwise don't.  You could always do a temp one to see if you like it first.  I'm not really a fan of tattoos.  But could be I'm too old for one.  lol

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Does anyone watch Watchmen? Any good?  I’m thinking of giving up cable network completely. It’s dying. But paying for all these streaming services is expensive... especially here in Canada 🇨🇦 

Watchmen was brilliant! Highly recommend!

• Love 3
On 9/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Does anyone watch Watchmen? Any good?  I’m thinking of giving up cable network completely. It’s dying. But paying for all these streaming services is expensive... especially here in Canada 🇨🇦 

If you do watch it, keep an eye out for my current hometown's downtown. The set people turned it into

Spoiler

Saigon

or someplace similar. (I spoiler tagged in case it is a spoiler.) The transformation was pretty amazing.

Quite a few television shows use our town, because it has a lot of diverse architecture. The Walking Dead used it quite a few times, and Rectify (a series I highly recommend if you can handle character study type shows) filmed almost entirely in our town.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wow, yeah they were lucky!

Yesterday it was announced that Chicago Med had to shut down for two weeks due to a positive test among the crew. They don't shoot in Vancouver, though, I don't think. Still, it's going to happen. The latest Batman flick shut down a month or so ago because someone got COVID, was rumored to be Pattinson, the lead.

Edited by PAForrest
addition
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes, I think they were lucky to get the final episodes shot. But kudos to all concerned - cast, guests and crew - to do mandatory two-week quarantines in order to get the job done. So we'll have our finale thanks to their dedication - and a little bit of luck.

• Love 3
On 11/7/2020 at 11:28 AM, DeeDee79 said:

With the results declared and my mom's release from the hospital today after 3 long months this is shaping up to be one of the best days that I've had all year.

I wish Primetimer had a hug button. So glad for the good news for your mom @DeeDee79!

And I am more than happy with the Election results.😁

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, shoetingstar said:

I wish Primetimer had a hug button. So glad for the good news for your mom @DeeDee79!

And I am more than happy with the Election results.😁

Thank you so much! It's been wonderful just spending time with my parents and my brothers and seeing how happy she is to be back home and in better health. The results were just the icing on the cake for us 😊

• Love 4

Honestly, if any of you want to open a Facebook group along the lines of “the formerly Supernatural snark club”, I.WILL.JOIN.  The FB groups I’m on are crap - full of selfie loving, possession-tattoo-toting Kool Aiders!

• Love 3

I do wish some of the old gang would pop in for a wave before this thread dies.  Been a few times that this forum was the place that helped me deal with my life.  I'm sure at times I over shared.  That is the downside of the show ending.

• Love 2

last night I said goodbye to Dean Winchester.  Today I have to say goodbye to my big old fluffy cat (who's not so fluffy anymore) Sammy.  (And yes, he was named "Sammy Sasquatch" in honor...)  Maybe it's right that the two of them go together.  DSCN1757.thumb.JPG.6bbf4a96eeec378d8178bd1c1f36bc48.JPG

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

last night I said goodbye to Dean Winchester.  Today I have to say goodbye to my big old fluffy cat (who's not so fluffy anymore) Sammy.  (And yes, he was named "Sammy Sasquatch" in honor...)  Maybe it's right that the two of them go together.  DSCN1757.thumb.JPG.6bbf4a96eeec378d8178bd1c1f36bc48.JPG

I’m so, so sorry. What a beautiful boy. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

last night I said goodbye to Dean Winchester.  Today I have to say goodbye to my big old fluffy cat (who's not so fluffy anymore) Sammy. 

Sorry Ahtree, I know how difficult it is.  Hugs.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ahrtee said:

So sorry for your loss @ahrtee.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! 

• Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, ahrtee said:

last night I said goodbye to Dean Winchester.  Today I have to say goodbye to my big old fluffy cat (who's not so fluffy anymore) Sammy.  (And yes, he was named "Sammy Sasquatch" in honor...)  Maybe it's right that the two of them go together.  

So sorry to hear this. They give us so much unconditional love but I don't have animals anymore because I can't handle losing them 😞

• Love 3

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm grateful my Dad's surgery went well and he will be healing even if he was sent home too soon.

May you feel love, joy and feelings of gratitude.  May you be surrounded with friends and family even if it has to be a phone call rather in person.  Sending positive vibes your way.

• Love 9

My Dad had surgery just before Thanksgiving.  Everything seemed to be going well but I think they sent him home too soon.  Now he's in the ER.  Praying that things turn around as he's really confused and thinks it's 2004.  Waiting to see what to do as with covid, it changes what you can do. 

Sending prayers for my Dad and hoping this is minor setback.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 7kstar said:

My Dad had surgery just before Thanksgiving.  Everything seemed to be going well but I think they sent him home too soon.  Now he's in the ER.  Praying that things turn around as he's really confused and thinks it's 2004.  Waiting to see what to do as with covid, it changes what you can do. 

Good thoughts to your Dad, 7kstar

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Keeping good thoughts for you and your dad, and hoping he's home very soon.

• Love 1