Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Im just curious, do notifications not work any more.  I haven't been getting mine lately.  Any one else having this problem?

I didn't get any for a week. I disabled and reenabled them and it seems okay now.

(edited)
On 7/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I loved Buffy and Angel and have the boxed sets and often watch the DVDs.  I watched both series 'live' but didn't get involved in online discussions or complaints about writing or anything like that.  I don't even know if there was an outlet for that kind of thing back then.  Maybe there was, but it was much smaller.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. In some ways it was smaller, but in other ways maybe not. Buffy/Angel was my first fandom that I got involved with online. There wasn't Twitter and such, but I was involved in a couple of online discussion boards.

One called "Sparklies" was a Spike discussion board and it had enough followers to cover the spectrum of Spike fans - those who liked Spike only as evil, those who liked Spike with Drusilla, those who liked Spike with Buffy, and those who thought Spike shouldn't be with anyone. There were different philosophies on the nature of Spike's soul and even how that worked, since there were two very different mechanics of how souls worked in Buffyverse - both of which could be supported with evidence from the show. It was a fairly active board with about 100 or so members for years until it got hacked / corrupted, and the board owner decided it would be too difficult to get it back.

The UPN network had Buffy chatrooms that were almost always full. Sometimes, especially on episode nights, I would have to wait to get in. We would discuss the episodes after they aired. When UPN shut down its chatrooms, some of us went over to MSN chatrooms (I think it was) and continued the discussions over there. For years a subgroup of those chatrooms of about 10-20 of us*** from around the country would meet almost every week - on Tuesday after Buffy was moved to another night and even after it was done - and watch episodes via DVD together live. We'd have a countdown to all start the episode together and discuss it live as we watched, make amusing comments, and have a blast. Sometimes we'd watch Angel episodes and do the same. That continued until MSN shut down their chatrooms and we never found a convenient or equivalent place to do it. A very few of us found an alternative chatroom and continued together for a few more years, but though still fun, it wasn't quite the same and we never regained our numbers.

I also belonged to a board called Forums4Fans. The Buffy discussion board there was extremely active with I don't know how many fans altogether, but it was almost as active as some fandoms on TelevisionWithoutPity in its heyday. We had lots of in depth discussions on Buffy's storylines, characters, philosophies, etc. We'd have contests ranking the characters, episodes, monsters, villains, quotes, even Buffy's and Willow's outfits. Forums4Fans had technical difficulties at some point, got reorganized, and turned into FanForums, and more or less turned into a squee fest rather than the discussion board it used to be.... which is when I migrated over to TelevisionWithoutPity - a good board overall, but man, the Buffy board was quite contentious and not Spike friendly.

Soon after, a show called Supernatural premiered after an episode of Gilmore Girls... and my "new show" for the next 14 years was discovered, though it did take me a few years to move over to that fandom, because I was still active in the Buffy one.

So it maybe didn't have as many people involved in the fandom as you find now with Twitter and Facebook and such, but the Buffy fandom was pretty active online while I was involved. And the live chat parts of it made it somehow more interactive in a way. I think you would have enjoyed it.

*** (it fluctuated week to week - and some episodes were more popular than others.)

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2

I'm seriously looking at retiring from teaching middle school this year.  So in a way, I'm thinking like Jensen and Jared.  This is my last summer break.  My last start the school year and etc.  I will have taught for 31 years.

At the end of the year, my principal showed her "blasé" attitude towards me.  I was given an award for teaching in the district for 30 years.  She couldn't even be bothered to find out that I had taught all my 30 years at the same school.

So when she said, "I'll let her tell you all the places she has taught at."  I thought she had egg on her face when I answered all here.

Isn't it nice to know that staying one place means nothing today, it did use to mean something but I guess that is another thing that has changed?  

I don't have the energy I once had, and I know I need to move on.  I just don't have a clue what that will be.  But hanging on because I can't figure out what the next move isn't good for me or the kids.  I don't know maybe TMI...But listening to Jensen and Jared talk about their last time for this just hit me, looks like I'm doing the same.  This year will have to be so fanastic for me to try again and the odds are definitely against that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 7kstar said:

My last start the school year and etc.  I will have taught for 31 years.

Congratulations on your retirement. I know how challenging middle school can be, I also work at a middle school in Special Ed as a Para. In my 8 years I have worked with a lot of different teachers and have heard teachers talk in the break room about their struggles reaching kids, so I know being a teacher is hard work. I hope you find something that will make you happy, and thank you for your 31 years :-)

I've been watching some of the episodes in seasons 1, 2 and 3 to pass time and you can really see the difference in the writing. The earlier seasons are so good they remind me why I fell in love with Sam and Dean. Also, it made me realize I'm jealous of the girls that got to kiss Dean in those seasons and there was quite a few of them ;-)

• Love 3

@7kstar, wow, 31 years of teaching anyone is to be commended and honored. So sorry that your principal is such a disappointment to the position. If you decide to make this coming year your last, best of luck in whatever you choose to do or not do. These decisions are not easily made. Most of all, kudos to you for persevering in a sometimes (often times?) difficult profession. Good luck.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Most of all, kudos to you for persevering in a sometimes (often times?) difficult profession. Good luck.

I teach in a  low economic school, and it's not so much that the kids have changed but how we as a society react or lack of reactions...many times the parents are working two jobs, so the kids raise themselves or the parents are in jail so the grandparent is trying to raise the child.  I've watched children that haven't been taught respect ordering the adults around and they allowed it.  

This is the part that I can't deal with and this is the part that teachers get blamed for.  So maybe you can see why I relate to Dean more than Sam, lol...

Many times it isn't that the teacher sucked, it is that society doesn't support teachers anymore, but instead blame the teachers and give young children way too much power.  "When students are planning to gang up to get teachers fired, and yes I've seen it happen...something is wrong.  I wish I felt that teaching was a great field to enter but I guess I've lost that feeling and if it continues to get worse this year, it's time for me to move on. 

I plan on trying to write some plays as a hobby and one topic just might be some of the things I dealt with over the years.  No clue if I'm good enough writer but it might help me move on even if they turn out to be some mighty bad plays...I know I can spin a funny tale but can I write it well.  So I do try to support SP writers as I know how difficult it can be to do.  I'll stop or else this will have to move to a different thread.

Thanks for the well wishes. and support @Flickchick and @Foxfreakinmulder... lately, my emotions have been all over the place.

• Love 7

/waves

Hey guys, been off doing that life stuff, but have thought about you all.  I'm sorta back now.  Been lurking for a few days and made a post tonight.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

• Love 5
On 8/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, 7kstar said:

I've watched children that haven't been taught respect ordering the adults around and they allowed it.  

I see it too.  I work in a middle school and yes, they love to talk about "respect", as long as they are on the receiving end of it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2019 at 3:00 AM, AwesomO4000 said:

For years a subgroup of those chatrooms of about 10-20 of us*** from around the country would meet almost every week - on Tuesday after Buffy was moved to another night and even after it was done - and watch episodes via DVD together live. We'd have a countdown to all start the episode together and discuss it live as we watched, make amusing comments, and have a blast.

SO SO SO FUN! I loved the Buffy fandom. We didn't even have a computer back then, but when my mom started teaching, the school gave her a laptop. After my parents were in bed, I would go on dial-up and spend hours and hours on Buffy forums. The one I spent the most time on was just some Swedish guy's personal Buffy chat room. All the interaction was live, as far as I could remember, and since it was the middle of the night here on the East Coast of the US, the people on the forum were mostly in England/Europe, and there was one guy I got to be close friends with in Australia. The Swedish guy who ran the site was very touchy and had a drinking problem, so there would always come a time of night when he would get really too wasted and freak out. I was like 15 y/o or so at the time and even though I had lots of stuff going on in "real life," in my mind the chat room was really my "real life."

On 8/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, 7kstar said:

I'm seriously looking at retiring from teaching middle school this year.  So in a way, I'm thinking like Jensen and Jared.  This is my last summer break.  My last start the school year and etc.  I will have taught for 31 years.

CONGRATULATIONS! If this is your "last blast," then pull out all the stops, I say. This is the time to do everything you thought about doing but never did. Why not, right? Might as well enjoy yourself and rack up some good memories before you go.

On 8/11/2019 at 12:38 AM, 7kstar said:

I teach in a  low economic school, and it's not so much that the kids have changed but how we as a society react or lack of reactions...many times the parents are working two jobs, so the kids raise themselves or the parents are in jail so the grandparent is trying to raise the child.  I've watched children that haven't been taught respect ordering the adults around and they allowed it.  

This is the part that I can't deal with and this is the part that teachers get blamed for.  So maybe you can see why I relate to Dean more than Sam, lol...

Many times it isn't that the teacher sucked, it is that society doesn't support teachers anymore, but instead blame the teachers and give young children way too much power.  "When students are planning to gang up to get teachers fired, and yes I've seen it happen...something is wrong.  I wish I felt that teaching was a great field to enter but I guess I've lost that feeling and if it continues to get worse this year, it's time for me to move on. 

I plan on trying to write some plays as a hobby and one topic just might be some of the things I dealt with over the years.  No clue if I'm good enough writer but it might help me move on even if they turn out to be some mighty bad plays...I know I can spin a funny tale but can I write it well.  So I do try to support SP writers as I know how difficult it can be to do.  I'll stop or else this will have to move to a different thread.

Thanks for the well wishes. and support @Flickchick and @Foxfreakinmulder... lately, my emotions have been all over the place.

I happen to know you're a good writer, but when it comes down to it -- who's the judge of whether something is "good enough" writing anyway? I think you definitely should try writing and getting some pieces on stage. It'll feel amazing.

I've only had one of my plays performed, and it was a million years ago, back in college. But the feeling of watching a performance of your work? OMG nothing could match that. Mind-blowing.

Anyhow, my mom is in her last year of teaching this year, too. Honestly, I don't think she's thought much about what she's going to do once she retires beyond "not teach" hahaha

• Love 2
On 8/31/2019 at 1:09 PM, rue721 said:

I've only had one of my plays performed, and it was a million years ago, back in college. But the feeling of watching a performance of your work? OMG nothing could match that. Mind-blowing.

Anyhow, my mom is in her last year of teaching this year, too. Honestly, I don't think she's thought much about what she's going to do once she retires beyond "not teach" hahaha

I'm retiring.  I just haven't done what needs to be done to make it official, it's too soon but it's time.

I've done original productions with my students, but never really wrote down the scripts and yes it was fun, exciting and fulfilling.  I know I've made a difference in many of my students' lives.  I just don't feel I can reach them, nor do I have the energy to be effective anymore. 

Oh do I get, I just want to retire and not think about anything anymore.  I have several scripts I've started and the irony there is a contest I could try to enter next Sept., it's too soon for this year.  But it could be a goal for next year.

In some ways, I'm just like my students asking the question, what should I be when I grow up.  I guess I've had three careers, now I'll take a break before I start my fourth.  Playwriting will start as a hobby.  I'm a creative sort and it is hard to make a career in the artistic world.  I wish it was easier but I think the internet will make things easier than it ever was back in my day.  I don't want to do headshots until I slim down some but maybe its an option...

On 9/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Good luck Bahamas ♥️🙏

Praying that this hurricane doesn't do the damage it's expected to do.  I know its impact will be felt for a long time.

39 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

Is there a speculation thread here - without spoilers?

It was a couple of pages in. I really dislike this format for the forum, but it probably doesn't matter since the show is ending and participation has declined in conjunction with the writing. I posted in the Speculation Only thread, so it's back on the first page. 🙂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

It was a couple of pages in. I really dislike this format for the forum, but it probably doesn't matter since the show is ending and participation has declined in conjunction with the writing. I posted in the Speculation Only thread, so it's back on the first page. 🙂

Thank you for finding it. I appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The ads and popup placements on mobile are out of control on this site now. Some of them take up most of the screen and the "x" out is practically impossible to find. So frustrating.

You mean the Primetimer site? I'm on Opera mobile and they block ads nicely.

3 hours ago, juppschmitz said:

You mean the Primetimer site? I'm on Opera mobile and they block ads nicely.

No, I mean here on the forums. I don't use an ad blocker because I know they need revenue to keep the forums free, but they changed the placement and the size of them recently and it is awful. Not so bad on the big screen of my laptop, but mobile is ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No, I mean here on the forums. I don't use an ad blocker because I know they need revenue to keep the forums free, but they changed the placement and the size of them recently and it is awful. Not so bad on the big screen of my laptop, but mobile is ridiculous. 

Ah, okay then.

1 hour ago, juppschmitz said:

Ah, okay then.

This is what my phone screen looks like. And the first one is 'fixed' (it doesn't scroll with the page). You have to X out of it and they make that difficult to do. On the other hand, with all the ads beginning after the first thread now, it's very easy to click them by mistake. I said it was annoying, not stupid 😉

ss2.JPG

ss1.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is what my phone screen looks like. And the first one is 'fixed' (it doesn't scroll with the page). You have to X out of it and they make that difficult to do. On the other hand, with all the ads beginning after the first thread now, it's very easy to click them by mistake. I said it was annoying, not stupid 😉

ss2.JPG

ss1.JPG

Blooooooody hell...

• Love 1
On 12/13/2019 at 8:38 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Yup. And they make it virtually impossible to scroll without accidentally touching one of them, and voila - you've opened their ad.

I'm sorry, needing revenue to keep the sites free is one thing, what you're experiencing is another. I would have ad-free on mobile, period. 

1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

I'm sorry, needing revenue to keep the sites free is one thing, what you're experiencing is another. I would have ad-free on mobile, period. 

Yeah, I'm going to have to try something. It's actually the same on the regular browser, but the screen is big enough to avoid them.

• Love 1

For many years this has been a special place.  So Merry Christmas for all the celebrate the season.  Happy Holidays and may you feel surrounded by friends and family, I mean that in a Good Way. 🙂

• Love 7

I'm finding the new year is a challenge.  Trying to just be when I've lost control and I can't control the outcome.  Trying to understand why bad things happen to decent/good folks. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

I'm finding the new year is a challenge.  Trying to just be when I've lost control and I can't control the outcome.  Trying to understand why bad things happen to decent/good folks. 

Putting good thoughts out for you!

• Love 1

Ukgirl71, catrox14 and ahrtee thanks for the support.  I'm praying for a positive outcome.    The saying let go and let God...well for someone that likes to have an active hand in the outcome...well let's just say it is hard.

It is really hard when we judge people for a split second decision without knowing the whole picture.  I'm really reflecting on my own past issues of judgment.  We are quick to make up our minds, but do we look at the hearts of the people involved.  Do we consider all the angles? Do we allow people to be human?

I hope from this experience I show more compassion and less judgement.

• Love 3

For many reasons, I'm still on Windows 7.  I can't afford a new computer right now.  What virus protection program would be good for me to buy?

I was told that Norton was caught creating virus like issues to make their customers feel safe that Norton was protecting them.  No clue if true.

Not really a good computer geek.  So any suggestions would be appreciated.

No need to buy one. I've been using the free version of Avira for 15 years. No problems. However, that won't help with issues that are usually resolved by patching the operating system. So, you still might want to update to Windows 10. You don't actually have to buy a new computer unless your current one is too old to run Win10. 

Brought over from the "SuperNormal" thread:

2 hours ago, Icarus said:

I am also way out of their demographic!

I have mentioned this a while ago – I fall “in love” with an actor but actually it is the role they play that is what makes me “love” them. It took me a long time to realise this! I loved Christopher Reeve in Superman but struggled with any of his other movies, I was absolutely obsessed with Russell Crowe in Gladiator but not interested in him in any of his other roles – not to say that some have been good but he has not been the draw. Then Angel, god I was so upset when that was not renewed and was part of the campaign, including fundraising for a billboard asking for renewal and I was so obsessed with Angel because of David Boreanaz, again though although I watched Bones sometimes I mostly didn't bother.

*Waves*

I, too, was one of the original "Saving Angel" participants. Though my main contribution was getting a bunch of people from an Angel chat board I sometimes visited (due to another online fan friend of mine) together with people from the Sparklies board (of which I was a long time member). I sort of helped out after that with ideas, but the people I introduced to one another - via online chat - pretty much snowballed it on their own.

I remember the billboard campaign. We also did specially designed chocolate bar wrappers and chocolate bars and other mailings to the powers that be at the network.

Sadly, yes, it didn't succeed. And I was just starting to find Illyria really interesting, too. (Sacrilege: I kinda preferred her to Fred.)  Despite sometimes liking Spike / Buffy, I would also have shipped a messed up Spike / Illyria thing, too. (Actually I might have watched that spin off - add Gunn and a broken Wesley, and I would have been interested, anyway.)

And I agree. For me it's almost entirely a character thing. There are only a few actors that I like in most things and say - "oh, I love him or her."*** But usually it's a character that I really enjoy, and as you say, that doesn't always transfer over to the actor playing another character - and I agree about Bones. And I've never even seen an episode of that Navy Seal one that he's on now.

Same with Nathan Fillion (Mal on Firefly) when he went over to Castle, even though that show was fairly popular. (I was okay with Adam Baldwin going over to Chuck, because John Casey was pretty much "CIA / NSA Jayne," so... And believe it or not I also watched The Last Ship for a while, too, but that eventually got too complicated / out there.)

Sadly there are a few actors that go the other way around for me - as in I don't like the actor and so hardly ever can like any character they play. It took a long time for poor George Clooney (I have no idea why, either, and I loved ER!) to get off of that list. Kevin Costner and Sophia Vergera are still solidly on that list... and that actress who does those "what's in your wallet?" commercials. She inspires a hate I do not understand whenever I see her on one of those commercials. (I hear Jerry Seinfeld in my head saying "oh, she's so smug.") And it's more of a visceral thing, too, in that it isn't related to how the actor or actress is as a person or what they do in their personal life... it's more I see them and hear them and I'm like "hell, no!" (It's weird and has little reason behind it either. *shrug*)

*** And the actors on my "oh, I love him/her!" list don't always make sense either. Examples: Kevin Bacon and Jerry O'Connell. (Going all the way back to "Stand by Me.") Oh, and Patrick Swayze... because Dean's right about that one!

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

For me the actor that I thought I really liked, but turned out to be only the character I liked was David Duchovny - loved Fox Mulder but didn't like some other roles he played (Kalifornia) and disliked his other role with another crazy spelling ( 😉 ) in Califorication. After that, I started to look at characters/actors differently and tried to differentiate the role/actor leaning. But I totally disagree about Kevin Costner - love him in just about everything he does - and am really enjoying his role in "Yellowstone". Different strokes for different folks - which is why this board is so interesting!

*And I was just starting to find Illyria really interesting,

So many examples of  conflicted ‘monsters’ and their moral compass struggles on Angel. One being Illyra.  She learned about our world without being an annoying doofus. She was complex and unpredictable along with actual character development. 

Supernatural could manage this too, but of course not nowadays. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Brought over from the "SuperNormal" thread:

*Waves*

I, too, was one of the original "Saving Angel" participants. Though my main contribution was getting a bunch of people from an Angel chat board I sometimes visited (due to another online fan friend of mine) together with people from the Sparklies board (of which I was a long time member). I sort of helped out after that with ideas, but the people I introduced to one another - via online chat - pretty much snowballed it on their own.

I remember the billboard campaign. We also did specially designed chocolate bar wrappers and chocolate bars and other mailings to the powers that be at the network.

Sadly, yes, it didn't succeed. And I was just starting to find Illyria really interesting, too. (Sacrilege: I kinda preferred her to Fred.)  Despite sometimes liking Spike / Buffy, I would also have shipped a messed up Spike / Illyria thing, too. (Actually I might have watched that spin off - add Gunn and a broken Wesley, and I would have been interested, anyway.)

And I agree. For me it's almost entirely a character thing. There are only a few actors that I like in most things and say - "oh, I love him or her."*** But usually it's a character that I really enjoy, and as you say, that doesn't always transfer over to the actor playing another character - and I agree about Bones. And I've never even seen an episode of that Navy Seal one that he's on now.

Same with Nathan Fillion (Mal on Firefly) when he went over to Castle, even though that show was fairly popular. (I was okay with Adam Baldwin going over to Chuck, because John Casey was pretty much "CIA / NSA Jayne," so... And believe it or not I also watched The Last Ship for a while, too, but that eventually got too complicated / out there.)

Sadly there are a few actors that go the other way around for me - as in I don't like the actor and so hardly ever can like any character they play. It took a long time for poor George Clooney (I have no idea why, either, and I loved ER!) to get off of that list. Kevin Costner and Sophia Vergera are still solidly on that list... and that actress who does those "what's in your wallet?" commercials. She inspires a hate I do not understand whenever I see her on one of those commercials. (I hear Jerry Seinfeld in my head saying "oh, she's so smug.") And it's more of a visceral thing, too, in that it isn't related to how the actor or actress is as a person or what they do in their personal life... it's more I see them and hear them and I'm like "hell, no!" (It's weird and has little reason behind it either. *shrug*)

*** And the actors on my "oh, I love him/her!" list don't always make sense either. Examples: Kevin Bacon and Jerry O'Connell. (Going all the way back to "Stand by Me.") Oh, and Patrick Swayze... because Dean's right about that one!

Lol. We finally agree on something. I love Spike and Buffy. 

Very few actors make me follow them just because they are in it.  Some actors I can't watch.  Young Sheldon comes to mind.  I find myself turning the channel and not even wanting to watch them.

There have been some actors that I find can do a really strong range and they pull me in.  Then I've also watched some really bad shows because one actor really grabbed my attention.

I loved Rob Morrow in Numb3rs but his next show I just didn't watch.  It disappeared quickly though.

I haven't watched everything Jensen has done either.  I saw him after the fact in Dark Angel (found an ep on Youtube) and started watching.  I also saw him in a pilot "Still Life" which only had one ep you can' watch a bit of it.  Shame it was canceled because I thought it had really strong potential.  But I didn't see them when they were on.  Several of his movies I really don't care to see.  So I can like an actor but if the story doesn't appeal to me, I ignore it.

I just watched Sherlock and it's been off since 2017.  So that kind of shows how I get into some shows.  I look for strong characterization with depth.  But I got hooked on "The Legendary Journey of Hercules" because of the actor that played Ioulas. Only one or two could act.  The lead was just a tall guy.

6 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Lol. We finally agree on something. I love Spike and Buffy. 

I said that I kinda liked them, but actually I loved them also... except for the messed up end of season 6... that was quite a bit dysfunctional. I loved their relationship in season 7, though, and even season 5, though I was never one who thought they could work entirely (as in an actual romantic relationship) unless Spike has a soul...*** that was necessary, for me.

However, it wasn't easy. This fandom has factions, but Buffy fans may have been worse in some ways. Being someone who supported Spike and Buffy - especially in season 7... well let's just say I was called a lot of horrible things on discussion boards. (That stuff wasn't so policed back then on the board I was on.)

*** With one exception. I have an unfinished fanfiction^^^ that I may someday finish where season 3 Spike ends up in the alternate universe, and gets chipped there and starts a working / partner / physical relationship with alternate universe Buffy. They eventually both end up in the regular Buffy universe for a while. Alternate universe Buffy I could see having a relationship with chipped Spike because she seems to be fairly practicality driven and not as morally conflicted as regular Buffy.

^^^ I have the beginning half and I've written the end scene, but I'm missing a bunch in the middle and a lot of intermediate scenes.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, PinkChicken said:

I'm not exactly a hardcore Jared fan, but I probably will watch the first few Walkers because its the kinda show my dad always wanted to watch with us. So I'm curious what they're going for and how much it will be a Walker show, as opposed to a Walker deals with whatever past we want to insert while actually supporting our chosen CW teens show. 

I did go back and watch Dark angel after being exposed to content for it on tumblr, which I guess you could attribute to Jensen, but I lasted the whole first season liking it where he barely gets any screen time too.  SPN is probably the only [not super famous/media exposed] show where I  actually know most of the actors names (thanks to a need to tag everything correctly) lol.
I'm more likely to be watching something and go "oh hey that's *other character*!" than to switch it on specifically because someone was in it - Our house is pretty bad with the whole "WHO is that? I KNOW its SOMEONE!" and pausing a movie while someone googles their name.
I do give franchises, reboots & returning characters I like, more chances than they sometimes deserve, but I have very few actual favorite actors.

Reveal spoiler

E.g. Jeri Ryan being signed up for Picard was the deal-maker for me, even though I also like Patrick Stewart & the franchise in general & likely would have watched it anyway.

I watched DA in real time and remember being absolutely mesmerized by the planes of his face and those lips. The lighting on that show was perfect for him. No wonder the leads were jealous of him.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 6:03 AM, AwesomO4000 said:

I said that I kinda liked them, but actually I loved them also... except for the messed up end of season 6... that was quite a bit dysfunctional. I loved their relationship in season 7, though, and even season 5, though I was never one who thought they could work entirely (as in an actual romantic relationship) unless Spike has a soul...*** that was necessary, for me.

However, it wasn't easy. This fandom has factions, but Buffy fans may have been worse in some ways. Being someone who supported Spike and Buffy - especially in season 7... well let's just say I was called a lot of horrible things on discussion boards. (That stuff wasn't so policed back then on the board I was on.)

*** With one exception. I have an unfinished fanfiction^^^ that I may someday finish where season 3 Spike ends up in the alternate universe, and gets chipped there and starts a working / partner / physical relationship with alternate universe Buffy. They eventually both end up in the regular Buffy universe for a while. Alternate universe Buffy I could see having a relationship with chipped Spike because she seems to be fairly practicality driven and not as morally conflicted as regular Buffy.

^^^ I have the beginning half and I've written the end scene, but I'm missing a bunch in the middle and a lot of intermediate scenes.

It's been too long since I watched it. I thought Spike was the only one worthy of her in a 7. He goes on a quest and sacrifices himself. Spike is better than Angel... but then I think Wesley turned out to be better than Angel too.

I liked the messed up dysfunctional stuff too. They were both working through issues and they needed each other to reach their better selves. The chip stuff was difficult because it's consent issues. I hated that season however Souje was the most interesting part IMO.

Okay I get that stuff happens in threes, enough already.

Huge issue at work and not a happy outcome.

Water leak at home.

Then I accidentally hit a car, luckily it was a light fender bender.  Also sucks that I seem to always have at least one accident in a car.  At least I had it for a year before it happened.  Car was in my blind spot and so yes it's my fault.

So universe are you done with slapping me around?  Please.