Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Wait.  Wait wait WAIT.  Did they just say Bruno Mars AND The Time are going to do the Prince tribute?

Yes! 

And yeah, I wasn't paying attention to why that Bee Gees tribute happened.  40 years ago?  That's not possible.  So there.

My youth was really misspent...

• Love 1

Some of David Bowie's band members accepted the Grammy for Rock Performance when they were handing out most of the awards before the actual televised show started.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6

Celine Dion broke my heart a little bit on the red carpet when she said sometimes it feels like Rene's death was three years ago and sometimes like it's not happening.

And reminding me that "My Heart Will Go On" won 18 years ago hit me right in the mortality.

• Love 10

Just read there will be an entire special on Saturday on CBS about the Saturday Night Fever thing.  With all those folks from tonight.  And a few more.

I'll be seeing Hamilton again.  I win.

ETA:  I lied.  It's on Tuesday.  Oh well...  

I'm still seeing Hamilton on Saturday

Edited by ebk57
I goofed
  • Love 4
Just now, Artsda said:

Yes, you could still see them on stage trying to talk while the camera was already on the next stage.

My attention got diverted for a couple minutes so I heard boos and then A Tribe Called Quest were being introduced.

• Love 1

So glad Adele won. I remember reading something about Adele about how her popularity spans across different generations. Gee, y'think it has anything to do with the fact that she makes what resembles music and maybe the music industry would do better if they acknowledged that people over the age of 30 like music too. You keep making grown ass men and women care about Katy Perry and Rihanna and Lady Gag Gag. Maybe try signing more chicks who can sing songs with live instruments and more people will appeal to more than teenagers.

Glad to see hip-hop that has a message getting some attention, but...ugh. I was hoping we could go a minute without the overweening politics.

• Love 1

Lol at what kind of tweet response we could get from President Agent Orange. "Sad!"  That was great. 

Paul Williams.  I need to see Phantom of the Paradise again.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5

So glad Adele won. I remember reading something about Adele about how her popularity spans across different generations. 

Just from my experience, that's very true. My Mom listens to Adele with the grandkids.

• Love 2

I have enjoyed that this has been a Taylor Swift-free night and resent AT&T for trying to bring her back into the conversation.

I know they are doing the tributes but don't they do In Memoriam too?

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kissedbyarose said:

Rihanna is my spirit animal because I would definitely show up to this thing alcohol in hand (and I might've shown up to a few events alcohol ready as well heh).

I'm trying to find an all plastic flask so I can get through metal detectors at events. 

That's not sad, right?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Lol at what kind of tweet response we could get from President Agent Orange. "Sad!"  That was great.

"A Tribute Called Quest, whose career I'm told is a disaster, called me Agent Orange. HOW RUDE!"

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Yes where is Taylor??  Not missing her but wondering.... 

Somewhere in Nashville jotting down a song about some manner of angst... 

• Love 5