Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: "I'll Take Non-Show Chat For $400, Alex."

Lisin
  • Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't think it was just about people snarking on shows, but there was apparently some horrible behavior of other sorts. I guess those of us who didn't see it were just lucky.

Or we have just quickly backed away from and not responded to a post that does not deserve attention.
And there’s an option to block posts from someone who is ruining your zen.
I don’t see the axiom “don’t feed the trolls” anymore.
I guess instead folks feel it’s their duty to speak out against toxicity — which I can support — but do it effectively or don’t bother. 👵🏼🦉☮️

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Have y'all read that blue bar at the top, "A Fresh Start..."

Man, I have no idea what they're talking about. Not even the "Commercials" forum deteriorated that badly, and they've got plenty o'negative stuff to say over there, but it's all about the crappy commercials. I'm so happy I've never been caught up in any of the hateful stuff.

Pat yourselves on the back.  I like hanging around nice people. LOL.

I've been on a few forums where the toxicity got too much for me. Which is why I'm only on a handful now - and Jeopardy is the nicest forum I've been on. Even the Great British Baking Show had a couple of the people who were nasty about some of the contestants.  Guess they didn't really get the wonder of the vibe on the GBBS.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Or we have just quickly backed away from and not responded to a post that does not deserve attention.
And there’s an option to block posts from someone who is ruining your zen.
I don’t see the axiom “don’t feed the trolls” anymore.
I guess instead folks feel it’s their duty to speak out against toxicity — which I can support — but do it effectively or don’t bother. 👵🏼🦉☮️

I have used the blocking a few times - it is a relief. I haven't always been the nicest - but mostly because I didn't reread and catch something. But I've been actively working on being better both online and in my life. Old People Goals. (at least this old person)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Have y'all read that blue bar at the top, "A Fresh Start..."

Man, I have no idea what they're talking about. Not even the "Commercials" forum deteriorated that badly, and they've got plenty o'negative stuff to say over there, but it's all about the crappy commercials. I'm so happy I've never been caught up in any of the hateful stuff.

Pat yourselves on the back.  I like hanging around nice people. LOL.

I would read(but not post) in the "Royals" Forum...it could get pretty heated over there....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I would read(but not post) in the "Royals" Forum...it could get pretty heated over there....

While I never even entered that forum, I was aware of it being problematic because a lot of topics that arose in "The Crown" forum, but didn't really belong there, would be culled or moved over to the other forum. I remember reading that "The Royals" forum was completely removed from Primetimer a few months back, even in advance of this recent "Fresh Start." Evidently, there must have been other hot spots, also. Reality TV shows, I wonder?

Whatever, I'm glad we have such a civil bunch here on the Jeopardy! forum. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
19 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Reality TV shows, I wonder?

There were a few posts here and there on a few Reality shows that I watch, not whole threads, just individual posts. If I thought they went too far I would report the post and let the Mods take care of it, they don't want us to engage, just report. Most forums that I'm in, including Jeopardy, are very polite and non-confrontational.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

My understanding from rumors is also that there were some behind the scenes dramas, which needed to be handled.

It makes me nervous to talk about this kind of thing. I think we can just be grateful to have the site back, and that this neighborhood is generally pretty friendly, and that whatever the problems were, hopefully they were handled well so that the place overall can thrive going forward.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

There was a feature - a sidebar running down the right-hand side of the screen - that had popular threads. Out of curiosity, the Harry & Meghan thread was always there, so I'd read some of it. It didn't seem all that toxic to me, but several times, the ability to post new comments was removed. Then it'd be back, removed, be back, and finally went away. Now I don't even see that feature any more.

I love y'all.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

My understanding from rumors is also that there were some behind the scenes dramas, which needed to be handled.

That's putting it mildly after stumbling across where the BTS stuff seems to have been discussed during PT's downtime. It was very enlightening especially in regards to the blue banner message. 

• Like 3

I had read "A Fresh Start..." and came over here to comment. Thank goodness, this, and the other topics I post/read in, didn't have any of that bad behavior that was referenced. Probably helps that I'm not that into the shows that may bring on such negativity.

Yeah, we have a great group over here, many many nice folks here!

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

While it's been off the air for a couple of seasons now, the This Is Us forum used to go off the rails every now and then, mostly triggered by (character) Kate's weight issues. Randall's character getting elected to public office also brought politics into some discussions. The mods had their hands full there a few times. A show like This Is Us, which was a ratings' juggernaut, brings many demographics to the table. Clashes of opinion are more likely when the forum's population is extensive. 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

While it's been off the air for a couple of seasons now, the This Is Us forum used to go off the rails every now and then, mostly triggered by (character) Kate's weight issues. Randall's character getting elected to public office also brought politics into some discussions. The mods had their hands full there a few times. A show like This Is Us, which was a ratings' juggernaut, brings many demographics to the table. Clashes of opinion are more likely when the forum's population is extensive. 

Interesting, but I don't remember This Is Us forum like that. There were differences of opinions, but I thought for the most part it was respectful.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Interesting, but I don't remember This Is Us forum like that. There were differences of opinions, but I thought for the most part it was respectful.

Specifically because the mods did a great job of keeping the opinions respectful via quick and careful pruning.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I have been trying to report an incorrect episode number of a thread title for over a week.

I’m beginning to wonder if there are no more moderators or tech support.

Is this forum an example of how it will be when AI takes over?

[cue X-Files music]

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, ProudMary said:

That's one of the forums I left, specifically because of how they treated Chrissy Metz (Kate).

• Like 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I have been trying to report an incorrect episode number of a thread title for over a week.

I’m beginning to wonder if there are no more moderators or tech support.

Is this forum an example of how it will be when AI takes over?

[cue X-Files music]

I messaged CM-CrispMtAir, who is listed as an Administer, about a tweak to a thread and it got taken care of.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I messaged CM-CrispMtAir, who is listed as an Administer, about a tweak to a thread and it got taken care of.

Thanks!
It finally did get fixed some time today. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Since I was a webmaster before I retired, I tend to give the moderators/tech support a fair bit of slack.

This is an absolutely HUGE website, and a good many of the moderators are just members, like us. (I once "applied" to be moderator for some forum - I forget which - but then realized I just didn't have the time to do it). People do get sick, go on vacations, or just drop out. So when they're away, non urgent issues are probably left for their return.

Even the week long absence, given the project, is understandable to me, given the size of the site and the technical (and content) issues involved.

It can be frustrating on our end, but I learned during my entire career (with different jobs) that what constituted a priority on my part was often not a priority on the other person's part. Doesn't mean that I don't get irritated sometimes, but I try to be patient.

PS This is not in any way a criticism of criticism, as it were. Just my perspective.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Since I was a webmaster before I retired, I tend to give the moderators/tech support a fair bit of slack.

Same, but there's also the bit of PTSD running through some of our minds from TWoP and related websites unceremoniously dying, not to mention Twitter's takeover and subsequent and ongoing implosion.😵‍💫 

At least some of my own complaining is coming from my default Chicken Little mode of "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

This trait of mine meant that back when I was managing the website of a small College that was part of a state-wide consortium that included much larger and more important Universities, I was frequently the one making the calls and leaving the messages when a key database was unavailable. 

Would someone else eventually have noticed? Sure. 
Did getting it fixed a day or two sooner have a significant positive impact on many students and faculty members? Probably not. 
But a few early sighs of relief were probably exhaled into the ether, mine included. 

🙃😇

• Hugs 2

I just want to say that, whatever happens here, even on its worst day it's the best site by far for TV talk. During the one week offline, people told me to try reddit for talk about shows I wanted to talk about. 
Ye Gods. The hellscape of reddit. No.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Same, but there's also the bit of PTSD running through some of our minds from TWoP and related websites unceremoniously dying, not to mention Twitter's takeover and subsequent and ongoing implosion.😵‍💫 

At least some of my own complaining is coming from my default Chicken Little mode of "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

This trait of mine meant that back when I was managing the website of a small College that was part of a state-wide consortium that included much larger and more important Universities, I was frequently the one making the calls and leaving the messages when a key database was unavailable. 

Would someone else eventually have noticed? Sure. 
Did getting it fixed a day or two sooner have a significant positive impact on many students and faculty members? Probably not. 
But a few early sighs of relief were probably exhaled into the ether, mine included. 

🙃😇

You know, I'd forgotten about TWOP (it's demise, that is). I too, handled similar issues to yours when I was the webmaster of our city website (a small-ish site, but with some cantankerous frequent complainers - it's that kind of town). I did love TWOP, especially Daniel's recaps (? did I get the name right?) 

I was only on Twitter so I could see proof of life for one of my kids, but since they're not on it anymore, it wasn't devastating to me. (though I did have some schadenfreude re: the new owner) I do hear you, though. I have other things I'm Chicken Little about. So far not this site, but now I do feel a wee bit worried. 😉

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Hugs 2

I just got a notice on Facebook that my account is restricted for an hour, as a post I made went against community standards.  But they don't tell you which post it was. WTH?  The picture of the cats' feet and the Valentine candy saying, "Feed Me"???  The picture of the King Cake with the Mardi Gras beads?

At least here on PT they tell what the hell you said that was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Didn't TWoP end because after Bravo(?) took over the site, they decided they didn't want to be bothered with it anymore? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Yes. That's correct. 

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I have other things I'm Chicken Little about. So far not this site, but now I do feel a wee bit worried. 😉

It looks like most of my concerns about this site were unfounded.
🤞

4 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I just got a notice on Facebook that my account is restricted for an hour, as a post I made went against community standards.  But they don't tell you which post it was. WTH?  The picture of the cats' feet and the Valentine candy saying, "Feed Me"???  The picture of the King Cake with the Mardi Gras beads?

When you regain access:

1. Change your password ASAP.
  2. Do a spot check to make sure it doesn't look like you were hacked.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Didn't TWoP end because after Bravo(?) took over the site, they decided they didn't want to be bothered with it anymore?

Eventually; it was seven years after Bravo bought it, not right away.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes. That's correct. 

It looks like most of my concerns about this site were unfounded.
🤞

When you regain access:

1. Change your password ASAP.
  2. Do a spot check to make sure it doesn't look like you were hacked.

Apparently, I "liked" too many posts in too short a time. Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Ah. It triggered some sort of might-be-a-bot alarm.

I get those from Google when I'm in my Librarian Researcher Mode, but I just have to check a box saying I Am Not A Bot.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I didn't realize there were standards....😆

16 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I guess you can't enjoy your feed too much!

• LOL 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I find the new emojis hard to see or distinguish from each other. I had no idea what they meant until I floated my cursor over them and the word popped up.

I noticed after the fact that the announcement section of the site ran a poll to choose them, but the choices were very similar. I think anyone who cares about this stuff should go on over to the announcement forum and monitor for future polls, just in case they want to change some of the other reactions.

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I didn't notice the announcement, I would have responded. Oh well.

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I didn't either; I just looked and at least I can say I would have voted for the ones they chose. The other anger option was a little too angry, I think.

I saw the notice about the emoji poll in my notifications.  It wasn't in any area I was following, so I assumed they sent it to everybody.

But don't feel bad, there was no option for "none of the above" or any way to comment or ask questions, so even if you'd seen the poll in time, there was very little actual input you could give.  I started a thread about it in the Bugs/Suggestions area, but, surprise, it hasn't been approved yet.

In related news, in one of the posts about new forum guidelines, the mod said to pm them if we had questions.  So I pm'd for clarification about a point and (5 days later) the pm is still unread.

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
23 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I saw the notice about the emoji poll in my notifications.  It wasn't in any area I was following, so I assumed they sent it to everybody.

I hardly ever even look at notifications. I probably miss a lot of stuff like that. Mostly I just go to the latest episode thread for the shows I follow, keep the tab open until the conversation dies down, and then move on. Most likely if someone quotes me in a response, I'll see it anyway when I see there are new comments. Except Jeopardy; I usually just keep the current season thread and the FJ contest thread open all the time.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

In related news, in one of the posts about new forum guidelines, the mod said to pm them if we had questions.  So I pm'd for clarification about a point and (5 days later) the pm is still unread.

Same. 
Oh well. "In the grand scheme of things…" 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Responding to the emoji conversation in Small Talk...

I wanted to respond with "Thank You," but I cannot bring myself to use that emoji to convey thanks.
So: Thank you!
Or:
image.png.7d96ebea0f33c42f391951e9f2989c4d.png image.png.59485be2c89de32e5373b39eb0718c3e.png image.png.7f914031cfb42c21d8b1dbcdeb8eb3c6.png image.png.ebde5a932bac0d962b233cb2204aa78c.png 💖 💓🙏

BTW:
Have the in-text emojis on this board gotten smaller? image.png.e2553a35e29f0cb5cdda22d831ba1ea2.pngimage.png.364bbb3dca57fddcf3871906854152c3.pngimage.png.1b63a69d44239644e8bf3b9b0bf6504c.png🤷🏻‍♀️ 
Or is it my eyes?
Or my device?

I do like the new Angry emoji:
image.thumb.png.0174ba1c24ca80fc24276154326fe8b8.png
It conveys a common reaction of mine IRL, and I appreciate the quality of the graphics —
although I probably won't use it much here. 

Too bad the "Thank You" emoji is so bad.
I think I might have a clue about why. 
I plugged the angry emoji into Google and Bing, but the search could only retrieve something like it, not it.
Not even the same with a watermark. 
So we can't see what (if anything) the same artist created for "Thank You."

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

As someone else (Shapeshifter?) already remarked, it’s so strange that the site is restyled with a new emphasis on on positivity and inclusion, and one of the first visible changes is… an anger emoji? I can’t quite wrap my head around that.

I’m still waiting for an eyeroll emoji. I think that would be so much more useful.

I don’t love the new Thank You, either, but at least it makes more sense than the previous one. I might have voted for a picture of a stack of cash, as that is historically the best thank you gesture.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

As someone else (Shapeshifter?) already remarked, it’s so strange that the site is restyled with a new emphasis on on positivity and inclusion, and one of the first visible changes is… an anger emoji? I can’t quite wrap my head around that.

I’m still waiting for an eyeroll emoji. I think that would be so much more useful.

I don’t love the new Thank You, either, but at least it makes more sense than the previous one. I might have voted for a picture of a stack of cash, as that is historically the best thank you gesture.

Not me. I have too many guesses about the reasoning and process vis a vis the new emojis to articulate right now. 
So, just: the new emojis are not an improvement, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I hardly ever even look at notifications. I probably miss a lot of stuff like that. Mostly I just go to the latest episode thread for the shows I follow, keep the tab open until the conversation dies down, and then move on. Most likely if someone quotes me in a response, I'll see it anyway when I see there are new comments. Except Jeopardy; I usually just keep the current season thread and the FJ contest thread open all the time.

I do look at my notifications - but apparently I dismissed it because it wasn't show related? Oh well.

I have my notifications set to only “ping” when someone has quoted me, so I have no idea if anyone is reacting to my posts 🤷‍♀️.  It took me 3 tries to write and post this because of the constant page reloading, which has been a problem since before the relaunch. But, hey, we have new emojis!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I used to get notifications but my ISP decided not to deliver them anymore. I think I was getting so many that they blacklisted the site? 

Anyway, here we are.

I hope they don't add a thumbs down emoji. 

• Like 2

I have it set to not receive notifications other than when I'm quoted, mentioned, or replied to, but I have a tab open to my Primetimer home page to check throughout the day, so I see when the Site Business section is lit up yellow; that's how I saw the emoji polls.  But my answer would have been "none of the above" to both, so I didn't participate.  I don't particularly care, but I do think it's odd to add an Angry reaction option after all this time.  I mean, Fire and Mind Blown have been used to indicate a negative reaction even though their stated meanings are positive, but it's a different matter to add one that's inherently negative.  (They initially did away with Sad, even, but then brought that back by popular demand.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I think sad is reasonable. Sometimes a show is meant to be sad, or someone says something that's sad. It's not really a negative comment, more an acknowledgement.

I never thought of fire or mind blown as anger! I hope I didn't upset anyone when I reacted with one of those! To me they mean something more akin to wow-- surprise for the mind blown and awesome for the fire.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Bastet said:

But my answer would have been "none of the above" to both, so I didn't participate. 

I would have used "none of the above" for the so-called "Thanks" emoji, so I did not vote for that one. 

I haven't used the Angry emoticon yet, neither have I seen it used. 

I miss the old Thanks emoji. It didn't look like Thanks, but it didn't look like anything else either (except maybe an LGBTQ symbol) so I trusted posters whom I Thanked that way would have moused over to see the meaning. 
And now that I've typed out my reasoning, I realize why they wanted to replace it. 
But I will not be using the new emoji with the crying eyes to say Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, Bastet said:

(They initially did away with Sad, even, but then brought that back by popular demand.)

Thanks for posting this. I thought I was imagining things. The Sad reaction gets used a lot (appropriately) in threads like "Milestone Moments."

23 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I never thought of fire or mind blown as anger! I hope I didn't upset anyone when I reacted with one of those! To me they mean something more akin to wow-- surprise for the mind blown and awesome for the fire.

Same. But I think I always have a tiny nagging thought in the back of my mind that someone might misunderstand them, since I wasn't sure what they meant at first either. I do like using them though. I think of them as perhaps having a minor expletive included.
Yesterday my daughter was texting me about my grandson, and included:

• before all he🏒🏒 broke loose

which is kind of cute, but does not have the same intensity as the Fire or MindBlown emojis.

Edited by shapeshifter
typo
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, possibilities said:

The new thanks looks to me like extreme embarrassment.

Same; I said in another thread it looks embarrassed, not thankful/grateful, but it at least makes more sense to me as Thanks than the TV color strip from the Primetimer logo that it replaced, as I never understood the connection there, where here at least I can see what they were going for even though I think they missed the mark.

56 minutes ago, possibilities said:

To me they mean something more akin to wow-- surprise for the mind blown and awesome for the fire.

That's what they're intended to mean.  But some people misinterpreted them as WTF?! for the mind blown and Anger for the fire.  (I knew that couldn't be what they meant when rolled out, as the site had always made a point of opting out of the software's negative reactions [even without downvotes], so had to look up what they did mean.)

43 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

It didn't look like Thanks, but it didn't look like anything else either (except maybe an LGBTQ symbol)

The pride flag has horizontal stripes, while the color strip has vertical, but I remember someone in another thread asking why the pride flag was used as the symbol for Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

RE: New emojis.

I check my notifications here daily. I never received a notification. I also went into my notification history just now, which goes back to February 7th. Nothing. Perhaps those of you who received a notification had already been following the Announcements thread in the Site Business forum? I see that 31 forum members are listed as following. I just followed to make it 32. 

Anyway, I wish I would have been able to vote as I would have voted for the other option in both categories. At least the other Grateful emoji has a smile on it's face. I don't like the new one at all.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Not me. I have too many guesses about the reasoning and process vis a vis the new emojis to articulate right now. 

Oops! No, it wasn't you, it was @Clanstarling who was echoing my thoughts:

On 3/7/2024 at 10:18 AM, Clanstarling said:

So we have two new reaction emojis now - a new Thank You and an Anger one. Not sure I like adding anger. That seems counter to the new changes on the site. 

As for "fire" and "mind blown" emojis, I understood them to mean:

fire= excellent point, you are awesome, couldn't have said it better, etc.

mind blown= wow, I had no idea, I never would have thought of that, etc.

I don't know what an angry face would signify other than something negative. And I never had the opportunity to vote on it because I didn't get the invitation. Even though I check my notifications every day. So, maybe the voting process wasn't all-inclusive?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

I don't know what an angry face would signify other than something negative. And I never had the opportunity to vote on it because I didn't get the invitation. Even though I check my notifications every day. So, maybe the voting process wasn't all-inclusive?

Yeah, even if you’d seen the poll, you didn’t have any choice other than the two options. No none of the above, no option to comment. They said we could comment on all this stuff in the bugs thread, but my comments there are yet to be approved. 

• Like 1
On 3/7/2024 at 2:40 PM, SoMuchTV said:
  On 3/7/2024 at 10:42 AM, possibilities said:

I find the new emojis hard to see or distinguish from each other. I had no idea what they meant until I floated my cursor over them and the word popped up.

I noticed after the fact that the announcement section of the site ran a poll to choose them, but the choices were very similar. I think anyone who cares about this stuff should go on over to the announcement forum and monitor for future polls, just in case they want to change some of the other reactions.

I think maybe people are using 'notifications' when they mean 'announcements'? Or maybe they need to 'follow' announcements to get notifications? Anyway it took me a bit to find it so I thought I'd give the pathway to the Announcement page here:

Home>Beyond TV Shows>Site Business>Announcements

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Or maybe they need to 'follow' announcements to get notifications?

In general, we choose via Notification Settings in our profiles what to be notified of.  To be notified new content has been posted to a forum/thread we follow, we can select Follow + immediate notification of new content, Follow + daily digest email of new content, Follow + weekly digest email of new content upon opting to follow each individual forum/thread. 

I always opt for Follow without notifications, because I only follow so things will show up on my customized home page; that CHP is all I ever look at, not my Follows list that is also generated.  The Site Business section is automatically included on a CHP, so just like when there's new content in any of my show forums, I see there's new content there when it lights up yellow.

Sometimes an announcement is made additionally/instead as a banner across site pages, such as the "Role of Moderators" banner that's there now, but that's not the norm.  If anyone who just goes by their follows stream/notifications rather than a home page wants to make sure they don't miss any announcements from site admins, they should follow, with the notification frequency of their preference, the Announcements forum within the Site Business section.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think sad is reasonable. Sometimes a show is meant to be sad, or someone says something that's sad. It's not really a negative comment, more an acknowledgement.

It never occurred to me that Fire or Mind Blown would be interpreted that way. But then I looked up Fire to see what it meant, and mind blown seemed perfectly understandable to me.

On other sites that use the Anger emoji, I never use it because I'm not sure it will be read as that I'm angry about the subject, or angry at the poster.

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Oops! No, it wasn't you, it was @Clanstarling who was echoing my thoughts:

Yep, it was me. I wasn't sure whether to chime in and take credit. 😁

• Applause 1

Tiny forum success story that might help others here and elsewhere:

I was unable to get a response from any mods I tried messaging regarding a Topic title that needed editing.
(The mod who started the Topic with the temporary title of "TBA" is no longer here, but her account is still attached to the thread.) 

So:
In the green banner currently at the top of each page labeled "The Role of Moderators…" is a link to a board here titled "Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions."

Threads can be started there, although they need to be approved (understandable to prevent an unmanageable list of likely repetitive threads).

And so:
I started Report Titles with Typos etc., which got approved, and the thread title for the show I was trying to get changed got promptly changed (from TBA to Pilot 👏🙌).

The reason I'm posting this is because the Report Titles with Typos etc. thread is still open and might be a place to post similar requests.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
51 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

The reason I'm posting this is because the Report Titles with Typos etc. thread is still open and might be a place to post similar requests.

Or you can just report the thread (by reporting any post in it) and note the need for an edit.