Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: "I'll Take Non-Show Chat For $400, Alex."

Lisin
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

The reason I'm posting this is because the Report Titles with Typos etc. thread is still open and might be a place to post similar requests.

9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Or you can just report the thread (by reporting any post in it) and note the need for an edit. 

Kind of a mixed message from TBTB on that thread, though. The response was 

Please continue to report all topic titles that need changes (or any other issues you come across) as usual. Even though there aren't any moderators listed for specific shows, they will still be tended to by a moderator.

but the thread @shapeshifter started wasn’t locked. I suppose I’ll continue to “report” that kind of thing the old way, but use the Bugs thread as a fallback if I don’t get a response in a day or two. 

• Like 2
On 3/10/2024 at 12:56 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Kind of a mixed message from TBTB on that thread, though. The response was 

Please continue to report all topic titles that need changes (or any other issues you come across) as usual. Even though there aren't any moderators listed for specific shows, they will still be tended to by a moderator.

but the thread @shapeshifter started wasn’t locked. I suppose I’ll continue to “report” that kind of thing the old way, but use the Bugs thread as a fallback if I don’t get a response in a day or two. 

It has been clarified we're still to do it the usual Report way:

(edited)
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

It has been clarified we're still to do it the usual Report way:

Definitely try reporting typos etc. the usual way first, and even a second time. 
I may have even tried reporting 3 times because it was right after the big board shakeup.
Then, after a couple of weeks or so, I tried creating the "Report Titles with Typos etc." thread, not really expecting it to be approved, but it was approved, and the error was fixed.

But, yeah, now there's that last post saying to "please report posts that require topic title changes instead of posting them here." 

I still see the former Mod avatars are still on some threads,
but on the "Report Titles with Typos etc." thread we now have a current Mod and an Administrator to report to.

Maybe they'll leave that thread up until all threads have still-functioning/present Mods?

Edited by shapeshifter
14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe they'll leave that thread up until all threads have still-functioning/present Mods?

My assumption would be that even if there is no obviously assigned mod for a forum or thread, if you submit a report then someone will review it. How quickly they review it might depend on how many reports there are vs how many mods, but it should get reviewed even if it takes a couple of days.

You don't need to submit to a specific mod. There's a button for "report this post" (the triangular on on the bottom of each post). I didn't notice that for a long time, since I never used it or wanted to use it. But one day I floated my cursor over each icon to see what it was for, and they are nicely labeled.

6 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

My assumption would be that even if there is no obviously assigned mod for a forum or thread, if you submit a report then someone will review it. How quickly they review it might depend on how many reports there are vs how many mods, but it should get reviewed even if it takes a couple of days.

Right; whatever is happening differently on the site's end (e.g. new, and fewer, moderators), how to get a post or thread reviewed is the same on our end -- hit the Report icon.

• Like 1