Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: It's Just A Scratch

• Start Topic

Extended Scene: More of Brandi and Kyle's Fight

You didn't see all of Brandi Glanville and Kyle Richards' poker party blowout.

Thank you for posting that, quinn!  When Eileen asks Brandi how long she's been there for Kim, and Brandi says, "Over a year now," the look Eileen gives VVP is priceless.

• Love 11

A few random things:  Brandi's friend was pretty much the voice of reason, for once.  I continue to like Eileen more and more, clearly setting myself up for a big fall as I have horrible judgment when it comes to these ladies/characters.  Just when you think it can't possibly get more intense, you see the previews for next week.  Eileen's blog is up and it is all kinds of awesome.

• Love 6

My theory about Brandi is that she assumes all husbands cheat on their wives because then she can make it seem like it's something that they all do, rather than having to admit maybe she was a part of the reason her husband cheated on her. Because it would imply something is wrong with HER. Basically the overall vibe I get from Brandi is that she wants everyone to be down at her level. If she got cheated on, she wants everyone to get cheated on. If she is an alcoholic, she wants to keep other alcoholics close to her. In that bonus clip she mentioned she is not close with her sister. If she's not close with her own sister, she doesn't want Kyle to be close with Kim. It is like if Brandi can't have a certain thing, then no one else can either.

• Love 22

Maybe not to every situation but I think it applies in this one. Kyle and Kim have a storied history. To have Brandi, someone both of them couldn't stand a few short years ago and who has NO IDEA what they've been through together, walk in like she's King Shit should be taboo. Sadly, Brandi seems to think she's justified and she's not.

Kyle double flips off Kim next week and I cheered her on. I would've too. Fuck you and your damn confusion over who you should have loyalty to, Kim.

So it seems it's "I can fight dirty with her, but you better not!" It's certainly complicated. Perhaps I was better off seeing family once a year, after all. I did like the preview when Kyle basically said, "I'm done!" My favorite part is still Eileen's husband whack-a-mole rendition in the garage window.

I think sisters relationship is complicated, I think getting in the middle of it will leave you the odd man/ lady out.

I have many sisters and my relationship is different with each, I will almost back them ( I will not protect any one if they commit a crime).

I guess what I'm saying is I have fought, laughed, cried and lost our parents with my sisters and my one poor lone brother :), I can't see a stranger come between us.

• Love 4

Oh gosh, Lisa Rinna in that limo ride with Kyle. I was in awe and trying not to laugh at the same time. She really has a pair of balls and I love it. "Brandi's a drunk and needs rehab", "Addiction is happening and no one is talking about it", "Women don't act like that unless they're drunk or something is happening." My God, woman! She just smashed open the door to conversation and it was so, so refreshing. Now THAT is a truth cannon. 

Yo saying Brandi needs to act like an adult in her talking head...the interviews are taped after the last episode wraps, right? That was probably a surprise to Brandi. It will be interesting to see who sits on Brandi's couch at the reunion.

• Love 18

So it seems it's "I can fight dirty with her, but you better not!" It's certainly complicated. Perhaps I was better off seeing family once a year, after all. I did like the preview when Kyle basically said, "I'm done!" My favorite part is still Eileen's husband whack-a-mole rendition in the garage window.

Maybe.  But Kyle has a foundation for fighting dirty with Kim.  Kim has put her through the ringer and when she gets drunk/high her target always seems to be her sister.  

Whereas, Brandi has no reason to fight dirty with Kyle.  She keeps saying she's protecting Kim, but clearly Kim doesn't like it when Brandi gets nasty with Kyle.  If Brandi was really concerned with Kim, she would notice that and back off.  

• Love 11

Jennifer looked really bad with that blush, but also really bloated and heavier than before. I thought maybe she was ill and gaining weight from medication or something.

I assume a Top and Bottom party is like a singles party for gay men and their best female friends? I'm gay but would be horrified at that invite. Nothing sounds worse to me. I'd take Grindr over that anyday.

• Love 6

7 minutes in and Eileen gives the most AWESOME side eye/roll to Brandi and Kim's babbling and hugging bullshit, before saying "Oh, shut up" in response to Brandi's drunken "I'll kill her" threats followed by her dismissive "Are you kidding? How about a little Neosporin? Get a grip," to Brandi's whining about her "wound."

Already did before, but REALLY loving Eileen now, even as a non-Y&R fan (Mr. Snark was a closet fan while in the Navy, tho). I eagerly anticipated Ashley Abbott's arrival, but Eileen is so much better.

Previews look good!

• Love 21

Brandi clearly cannot handle it when someone presents something to her without insults, yelling or nastiness.  Lisa V., Eileen and Yolanda have all tried to tell her her actions have upset or hurt them or other people.  None of them have done it with nastiness or yelling and instead of listening to them, she rolls her eyes and starts going on and on about being lectured and mothered.  

If I had a friend who couldn't deal with it when I calmly explained to her how her actions are 99% of her problem?  We would not be friends anymore.  Lisa V may have her own things to answer for considering their relationship, but it comes down to this core problem IMO.  And that's why I will always be team Lisa concerning their argument.  Yolanda seems to be coming to the realization herself.  

Brandi is in need of deep therapy and probably a stay in a mental hospital.  She should not be unleashed on the general public anymore.  She's bat shit crazy and is gonna end up at the top of a clock tower picking people off soon.

• Love 17

I don't think either Yolanda or Lisa V were mothering Brandi.  They were telling her that her complaints about what went on were ridiculous because she brings it on herself.  They were just being more diplomatic about it then to out and out call her an asshole.

I disagree.  Lisa V joined in on all of Brandi's attacks on others, as did Yolanda, perhaps to a lesser extent --remember the "Dream Team?"--  they were the ultimate mean girls, IMO.  Lisa V and Yolanda objected only to Brandi's drinking, not her vicious behavior.   When Brandi sat there and threatened to destroy Kyle, when Brandi made questionable/ racist remarks to Joyce, when Brandi attacked Adrienne's family, Lisa V did nothing but support her.  I always remember how Lisa V and her husband attacked anyone who didn't support Brandi in her fake lawsuit-- 3 or 4 pointed questions to Brandi would have revealed the truth, but Lisa and Ken didn't want to know the truth. Brandi ate up all the support--she just didn't want anyone in the way when she was getting her drunk on. 

• Love 19

With so much written after the First Look, I didn't think there'd be much else to talk about. Then came Jennifer's cheeks. I always wondered if we'd ever see her talk to Brandi about her drinking, or enabling Kim, and then the scene came, and I was so distracted by the puffed up faces and blush and lip gloss overload, I truly didn't catch a word of it. But I guess it didn't matter, because upon rewind, Brandi just cut her off. She doesn't like being lectured to, after all.

Previews for next week look even better. Looks like Kim is digressing, and Kyle is progressing. Good for her.

• Love 7

I disagree.  Lisa V joined in on all of Brandi's attacks on others, as did Yolanda, perhaps to a lesser extent --remember the "Dream Team?"--  they were the ultimate mean girls, IMO.  Lisa V and Yolanda objected only to Brandi's drinking, not her vicious behavior.   When Brandi sat there and threatened to destroy Kyle, when Brandi made questionable/ racist remarks to Joyce, when Brandi attacked Adrienne's family, Lisa V did nothing but support her.  I always remember how Lisa V and her husband attacked anyone who didn't support Brandi in her fake lawsuit-- 3 or 4 pointed questions to Brandi would have revealed the truth, but Lisa and Ken didn't want to know the truth. Brandi ate up all the support--she just didn't want anyone in the way when she was getting her drunk on. 

How is any of this mothering someone?  Manipulative and blind to someone's true personality maybe, but that's not mothering someone.  

Supporting someone isn't mothering them.  Not supporting them when they act like an asshole isn't being a shitty friend.  It seems this is where Brandi has confusion.  

• Love 4

I'm from such a broken home that even the shoemaker's elves couldn't fix it. I had step & half sisters and brothers. So I want to know, is it a rule never to get between sisters, as all the ladies claim? That just seem so cliché to me. (plus it sounds like an Irving Berlin song)

To me, yes. I am very close to both my sisters, and we have had many a fight over the years. Although, to be fair, we do it in the privacy of our own homes, and would never even think to have any kind of public display. Because we're grown ups. But if we were ever getting into it, especially about something serious, you need to just back off. And I've always had the feeling that I can say crap about my family, but if anyone else does, it is on.

So, Brandi is fucked. First, she loses a friend in Carlton, and someone she might have had some kind of storyline with in Joyce. She then gains Eileen, who clearly despises her and Lisa R. who thinks she's nuts and a drunk. She completely blew to smithereens any possible relationship she ever could've had with show anchor Kyle, and other show anchor Lisa V. is way too smart to ever go back to her. Even Yolanda is pretty much done with her. Good decision, Brandi, to lay all your eggs in Kim's basket, when she's needed to be demoted to FOH for years. Starting fights might keep her around for a season, but a lack of anyone else wanting to have anything to do with her is not good. Especially if Eileen and Lisa R. continue to awesome.

And they are. Love them. They're a breath of fresh air, and respected enough for the others not to tear them to shreds. This show really, really needed them.

• Love 23

Re: Kyle's "I've given Brandi so many chances" intro to the final scene, as well as the commiseration with Lisa over supper in general- girl, let's get real. Last year, Brandi was the cast's resident paragon of credibility when the situation presented an opportunity to exact revenge on Lisa (despite, you know, Carlton expressly contradicting Brandi's account and Yolanda offering really weak support). Just like Lisa opted to overlook the massive, semi-truck-sized holes of logic in Brandi's "poor me" accusations against Adrienne because it was convenient. Both of these women could and should have seen Brandi's fabulism from jump; the only difference for me is that Kyle had even less reason to entertain Brandi with any credulity since she herself admits she was never close to her and she had not one but two examples of Brandi's trigger-happy treachery.

This is not Yolanda's first flip flop on the subject of public intoxication but her second. Initially, she had to clutch her pearls over Taylor's liberal ways with the wine carafe, then last year during the dust-ups with Joyce and the Palm Springs imbroglio, she asserted that Brandi was an adult who could make her own decisions and that, to paraphrase, Yolanda was not her parent. Those remarks came in a talking head, so I'm sure they were intended to highlight the contrast between being a friend and smotheringly "mothering" like Lisa, but now Brandi can't imbibe to her heart's content, get so inebriated she's stumbling, and have racist outbursts at their group suppers?

• Love 7

Yo saying Brandi needs to act like an adult in her talking head...the interviews are taped after the last episode wraps, right? That was probably a surprise to Brandi. It will be interesting to see who sits on Brandi's couch at the reunion.

Hopefully Andy puts Brandi in a time out chair facing the wall all by herself.

• Love 12

How is any of this mothering someone?  Manipulative and blind to someone's true personality maybe, but that's not mothering someone.  

Supporting someone isn't mothering them.  Not supporting them when they act like an asshole isn't being a shitty friend.  It seems this is where Brandi has confusion.  

My disagreement was not with the idea that anyone was or was not mothering Brandi.  I disagree completely with this notion that Lisa V and Yolanda ever did anything --diplomatic or otherwise--to curb Brandi's vicious behavior. They were clearly on board with the insults, the attacks, the threats, all the nasty awful behavior.  The only thing either one really addressed with Brandi or showed any concern about at all was her drinking. 

• Love 11

Re: Kyle's "I've given Brandi so many chances" intro to the final scene, as well as the commiseration with Lisa over supper in general- girl, let's get real. Last year, Brandi was the cast's resident paragon of credibility when the situation presented an opportunity to exact revenge on Lisa (despite, you know, Carlton expressly contradicting Brandi's account and Yolanda offering really weak support). Just like Lisa opted to overlook the massive, semi-truck-sized holes of logic in Brandi's "poor me" accusations against Adrienne because it was convenient. Both of these women could and should have seen Brandi's fabulism from jump; the only difference for me is that Kyle had even less reason to entertain Brandi with any credulity since she herself admits she was never close to her and she had not one but two examples of Brandi's trigger-happy treachery.

This is not Yolanda's first flip flop on the subject of public intoxication but her second. Initially, she had to clutch her pearls over Taylor's liberal ways with the wine carafe, then last year during the dust-ups with Joyce and the Palm Springs imbroglio, she asserted that Brandi was an adult who could make her own decisions and that, to paraphrase, Yolanda was not her parent. Those remarks came in a talking head, so I'm sure they were intended to highlight the contrast between being a friend and smotheringly "mothering" like Lisa, but now Brandi can't imbibe to her heart's content, get so inebriated she's stumbling, and have racist outbursts at their group suppers?

I think the real difference is that Lisa didn't just "believe" Brandi, she was Brandi's champion and an enthusiastic participant in Brandi's bad behavior. Remember her laughing with glee at the insults to Joyce?  I do. Then again,  from what we have seen, Kyle had begun opening up a relationship with Brandi. They were becoming friendlier-- but had not yet become  friends.  Kyle never fabricated excuses for Brandi and got out quick. Unlike Lisa.

• Love 14

Why does Brandi always look like shit this season, and what is up with her hair? Doesn't the dude who does her hair live with her right now? It doesn't even look clean, much less styled. I take more care than that when I go to CVS. This is reason number 1000 in the long list of reasons Brandi doesn't fit in with these gals or this show.

Getting ready to watch tonight's shit storm but had to post to say....

Ever since Tampon String Gate, I have always been thankful that "smell-o-vision" isn't included with HD television.

Every time I see Brandi, I imagine her smelling like booze, stale cigarette smoke, and used tampons.

In other words, that she smells as vile as she behaves.

Just....Ew.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11

I think the real difference is that Lisa didn't just "believe" Brandi, she was Brandi's champion and an enthusiastic participant in Brandi's bad behavior. Remember her laughing with glee at the insults to Joyce?  I do. Then again,  from what we have seen, Kyle had begun opening up a relationship with Brandi. They were becoming friendlier-- but had not yet become  friends.  Kyle never fabricated excuses for Brandi and got out quick. Unlike Lisa.

Oh, please. Kyle hated Brandi until Brandi decided to turn on Lisa. Then, suddenly, she decides they need to start over and try to be friends. Brandi who was such a huge liar, according to Kyle, was suddenly trustworthy when it came to what she said about Lisa.

The truth is, all of these women give Brandi a pass when she is going after their enemy, then act surprised when she turns on them. Kyle is no exception. Yolanda will do the same thing.  Stay friendly with Brandi, until Brandi decides to turn on her.  And, it will happen. Brandi can't seem to help herself.

• Love 20

Lisa V and Yolanda used Brandi at first to do their dirty work.  They didn't figure that she was so unpredictable and stupid to turn on them.  Brandi has alienated everyone in the cast except Kim.  Stupid move.  If she doesn't think so, go ask Danielle Staub how alienating an entire cast worked out for her.

Brandi is stunted emotionally, acting like a rebellious teenager.  Her mantra is basically, "you're not the boss of me".  She keeps saying she's an adult, and she can do whatever she pleases.  Except, as an adult, you cannot always do as you please, because as an adult you have responsibilities and obligations that come first before your own wants or needs.  I shudder to think what her children have been exposed to in her many rental homes.

Interesting that both Eileen and Lisa R got the situation more quickly than the veteran cast members.  Brandi needs rehab and/or mental help; Kim is definitely relapsing.  Both are co-dependent, supporting each other's vices; maybe one is the sober one or more sober while the other gets wasted.  I'm sure it's a litany of how badly life has treated them and they commiserate together.

A bit telling that Brandi made no mention of being at the hospital with Kim's children (which Kyle spoke about).  

Add me to the chorus of dumping Brandi, demote Kim to FOH (she can come to visit Kyle or some parties occasionally), and maybe add Denise Richards.

I had to laugh that Yolanda offered Anwar a snack of almonds!  I wonder if she puts Anwar on her diet or is that exclusive to her girls.

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 14

Oh gosh, Lisa Rinna in that limo ride with Kyle. I was in awe and trying not to laugh at the same time. She really has a pair of balls and I love it. "Brandi's a drunk and needs rehab", "Addiction is happening and no one is talking about it", "Women don't act like that unless they're drunk or something is happening." My God, woman! She just smashed open the door to conversation and it was so, so refreshing. Now THAT is a truth cannon. 

Brandi should be sitting on a chair in a remote location...preferably the Betty Ford Clinic or Promises Clinic in Malibu.

• Love 16

Pretty sure Kyle had started mending things with Brandi way before that. I thought it was in response to the reaction to Game Night etc.

No, Kyle didn't warm up to Brandi until it was convenient for her, to go after Lisa V. Remember the dinner party at Kyle's where Faye unleashed on Brandi and Kyle just sat there and let her? Brandi ran out in tears and Kyle just sat there. Kyle and Maurico were very cool toward Brandi with all the Adrienne and Paul chaos. I didn't see any friendliness between Kyle and Brandi until last season.

• Love 9

After last week I thought I'd have a lot more to say, but there was nothing in this episode that was particularly enlightening--Yo tells Brandi to stop being a drunk, Brandi doesn't like it.  Eileen tells Brandi she felt that Brandi was being rude in her home, Brandi doesn't like that.

What does Brandi like? Besides being a shit-disturber?

I was happy to see Jennifer there, kind of eyeing Brandi in a pointed fashion during their very brief time together.

I'm glad that Lisa R. took the time to talk about Brandi's problems with booze--it's a way to discuss Kim without discussing Kim directly to Kyle, and as she said, she doesn't want to get in between sisters, but she does have some understanding of addiction because of Harry's family.  

Can we skip Yo and her obsessive need to keep tabs on all her children?  

Lisa V. hit the nail on the head at the close of the episode when she pointed out (cattily, I'll admit) that you do not want Brandi around your sister.  Way to go, Pinky.

Honestly I'm more interested in next week and Kyle telling both Brandi and Kim to fuck on off.  I hope it sticks this time.  Kim is in the hospital for nothing other than the drugs they are shoving into her IV.

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 10

When we saw Vince peeping from behind the closed garage door, I kept thinking to myself that NeNe Leakes would really like Vince, because he stayed out of the "women's bizness"....as opposed to Cynthia's husband, Peter!!   ;-)  No reason to call him a bitch....

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 11

I felt like I was watching a conversation between two marionettes.

THIS IS THE PERFECT DESCRIPTION!!! I'm watching now and my goodness I can't believe they are real!!!! Virtual high-five!!!

• Love 4

Why does Brandi always look like shit this season, and what is up with her hair? Doesn't the dude who does her hair live with her right now? It doesn't even look clean, much less styled. I take more care than that when I go to CVS. This is reason number 1000 in the long list of reasons Brandi doesn't fit in with these gals or this show.

I don't get it....she really does look like crap almost all the time!! 

And seriously, her kids go to public school, so that is a good reason to show up in a dirty, wrinkled, ratty looking denim dress?  Doesn't she own a pair of slacks or a neat pair of jeans and a shirt that doesn't expose her breasts?  She couldn't run to the local Gap (or even Target) to grab a plain white tee and open front cardigan?? 

Brandi continues to amaze me.  She constantly feels sorry for herself, her circumstances in life, etc. She has a very low sense of self, level of self esteem and self-opinion.  I feel so badly for her kids - all that baggage has to carry over - they are going to be pretty messed up (if they aren't already). 

She mentioned to Yolanda that Kim "needs a team" (assuming professional care, support group, etc.) - maybe she should be looking into that for herself.  Self-medicating with anxiety pills and alcohol are not going to cure her.

• Love 6

Regarding Brandi's appearance... anyone I've known who was an addict or an alcoholic, their personal appearance was the last thing on their mind. Hair, clothes, makeup all took a back seat. They'd rather spend an hour knocking back a few drinks than taking a shower and dressing nicely. I had someone working for me once and I knew they were developing a problem due to the lateness, the lack of hygiene, the general appearance. Brandi is no different.

• Love 9

Also: How much did I love Eileen's proclamation of "grown-ass woman"-ness? Way too much.

Best line of the episode was Brandi actually saying with a straight face "everyone's depending on Kim and she has no one to depend on."

I vote for "How is Kyle going to tell a grown woman like Kim she can't leave the party?" with a straight face. As if she didn't repeatedly tell Kyle to leave Kim alone and to "stoooppp it, stoooppp" while blocking said grown woman from talking to Kyle.

• Love 8

Someone needs to tell me that this episode and WWHL sucked, because I'm on a Bravo-less business trip, I'm reading all this "Eileen rocks" stuff, and it doesn't seem fair that I cannot partake.  It makes me want to claim victimhood Brandi-style and swear at people indiscriminately for the next 7-10 years of my life (minimum). 

• Love 8

Someone needs to tell me that this episode and WWHL sucked, because I'm on a Bravo-less business trip, I'm reading all this "Eileen rocks" stuff, and it doesn't seem fair that I cannot partake.  It makes me want to claim victimhood Brandi-style and swear at people indiscriminately for the next 7-10 years of my life (minimum). 

Well, Lisa V. has a new dog, I think? That part was suuuuper boring.

Best line of the episode was Brandi actually saying with a straight face "everyone's depending on Kim and she has no one to depend on." I can't even imagine a universe where ANYONE depends on Kim. She's the definition of undependable. And of course what Brandi's talking about really isn't a lot of that. A wedding that's over, that Kim probably didn't take the lead on planning, a kid going to college, and Monty who's now taking Kim to the hospital and seems to have more moved into her house like he does a lot than become her patient.

And what sober coach would ever tell an addict that allowing a cancer patient on lots of heavy meds to live with you is a good idea? And not just that, but since you are supposedly the sole person caring for him, you also administer said meds.

Kim is no martyr taking care of Monty. More like drug buddy.

• Love 11

I had to laugh that Yolanda offered Anwar a snack of almonds!  I wonder if she puts Anwar on her diet or is that exclusive to her girls.

I laughed at that, too...and also, the miniscule breakfast that the housekeeper served him - a small dish of strawberries, or fruit and a glass of juice?  Seriously, this is a growing teenage boy, playing on the football team!!!   My sons (hockey players) would have laughed at me if I put that plate in front of them and called it a "snack", let alone a meal!!  When they were growing up, I couldn't keep enough food in the house.  Breakfast consisted of oatmeal, eggs and toast, or a couple of waffles with peanut butter and banana.  And from there, they just kept on eating and eating and eating....and, they were both built similar to Anwar - long, lean and lanky. 

Feed the kid some freakin' food, Yolanda!!!! 

• Love 15

Lisa is her most likable around her dogs (if she can avoid sexualizing them), and I'm glad she was willing to take in Avery - although I don't think Ken would have let the dog come home with him, if there was any doubt.  It is odd that all six of Lisa's original dogs are male.  She really does love their little balls, I guess.   Anyone know what the only non-Pom was of the little dogs?  He was second from the right when they were all lined up.  He looked kind of like a shaggy maltese.  I'm also wondering what happened to the old cocker spaniel, Buki. 

Anwar looks to be a very sweet boy.   He thank Blanca for giving him something, put his dishes in the sink, and then calls goodbye to Blanca as he leaves.  And I'm actually happy to see that Yolanda keeps a tighter yoke on her daughters than I thought.  Checking in with them morning, evening, and a supposed curfew - interesting.

I find it amazing how Kyle is only now realizing how offensive, manipulative, childish, vulgar, untrustworthy and hurtful Brandi is now that she's the recipient of Brandi's viles when she kept putting Lisa V down consistently last year and being as much a mean girl as Brandi for the same opinions Lisa had about Brandi.

To be fair, Lisa didn't have a problem with Brandi when she was attacking other people (before she turned it on Lisa), either.  In fact, Lisa laughed along to some of Brandi's most vicious behavior, participated in some of the cruelty herself, and defended and protected Brandi right to the end.   Lisa really has no moral superiority here.

• Love 7

I adored Lisa V's new dog. You could tell Rumpy needed a playmate. But....dog camp for three months? Who does that? I trained my dog in a couple of weeks to potty outdoors, don't chase the cat, sleep in your cage at night and don't bark at the old man who takes walks in the neighborhood.

• Love 7