Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 01/19/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Ohmygosh, the ignorance, it burns.

I don't know how many times I shouted at the TV. What a horrible show.

Anyone else think Whoopi was higher than usual?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

I don't think anyone other than Whoopi said 5 words the whole show, and what she said was incoherent and uncomfortable.

Also, none of them seemed interested (or knowledgeable) about the football story, why even bring it up?

They seem to often be filling that fourth seat with a relatively unknown female comedian. While it is admirable to try to promote these unknowns, this is not a great format for them. I've seen many of them (including today's Jen Kirkman) on @midnight and I know that they are very talented and funny. However, this is not the right setting for witty retorts and (since they're unknown) no one really cares what they have to say about anything.

Edited by lovett1979
  • Love 3

I don't think anyone other than Whoopi said 5 words the whole show, and what she said was incoherent and uncomfortable.

Also, none of them seemed interested (or knowledgeable) about the football story, why even bring it up?

They seem to often be filling that fourth seat with a relatively unknown female comedian. While it is admirable to try to promote these unknowns, this is not a great format for them. I've seen many of them (including today's Jen Kirkman) on @midnight and I know that they are very talented and funny. However, this is not the right setting for witty retorts and (since they're unknown) no one really cares what they have to say about anything.

It goes back to the pretend ignorance..... Remember when Whoopi and Sherri used to wear team jerseys because "their team" was playing in a big game?? Today she pretends like she doesnt understand anything about sports..... so much fake..... fake ignorance when other people are talking.... why is she on the show??

• Love 5

Good Lord.... Whoopi is whining about taxes again because she thinks she is part of the middle class..... she says these taxes arent needed because it just makes their pockets fat.... and of course Nicholle is parroting the anti tax rant.

Taxes on gas and tolls go to pay for the upkeep of the roads they are using..... funny how they want to use the benefits that is paid for by taxes.... but they dont want the tax.... and Rosie was silent

Yeah, Whoopi is coming from that medieval standpoint that you see in movies (Like Robin Hood)  where the poor pay "taxes", but the money goes into the king's pocket..

Doesn't Whoopi also yell about how teachers should get paid more?  Where does she think that money comes from?

• Love 9

So why don't they just give Queen Whoopi a throne to sit on at this point...

I love how Whoopi said that since she was gone basically a month that the normal ignorant viewers were probably tuning in to Whoopi Goldberg Presents the View and not knowing what they were watching b/c she wasn't there to grace our television screens.  Seriously...I was thinking perhaps the show is watchable once again b/c Whoopi wasn't there.

Here's a thought Whoopi, maybe if you would stop toking before every show you might be more on your game, no off timing or incoherent...

So she has back issues but here Whoopi is jumping around the stage and whatnot about the State of the Union.

Whoopi is middle class?  Huh...never would have thought that...in a million, billion, trillion years.  Oh wait, she is speaking for all the rest of us...stupid bitch.

So was Rosie even part of the show today...Whoopi shut her down left and right when she tried to talk.

I don't know Jodi Ernst, but trust me Jodi...you in danger gurl if you come on this show.  Whoopi will wag her finger in your face and tell you her truth and that is the only truth that matters b/c Whoopi lived in a "Dakota" at one time or another.

I'm sorry if this offends, but Whoopi you are a c you next tuesday.  First off you aren't as damn funny making jokes about guys not wanting un-inflated balls and all that crap, but then to derail the discussion saying to the audience that Rosie, Nicole, and Jen don't know what they are talking about b/c it's sports was just tacky.  She did that just to change the subject, even though 3 out of the 4 were having a discussion and Whoopi checked out of it.  This really is Whoopi's show at this point.

Is Whoopi so stupid she can't figure out they are piecing together the dinosaur based on the bones they found.  She can't figure out where the eyes are or that this were bones in the spine?  She just had spine/back issues, is she really that stupid?  At least Rosie played to the camera that Whoopi is fucking crazy. 

Damn you Rosie, how dare you teach the audience what red velvet cake really is...thank god Whoopi was there to tell you that you were wrong.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 14

I want to add about yesterday's show, that when Whoopi came out to her big welcome, she started on a riff about her back and she sounded exactly like Bill cosby. It was kind of horrifying. Not because of the accusations against him, but it was as if she pretended to BE him. Really, really odd.

• Love 4

Just saw today's (Wed) show and Whoopi was clearly on meds and all over the place. She should not be on the air until she is off pain meds for her back. Her performance today was not good for herself or the show. Glad she wanted to get back to work and is feeling better, and maybe ABC was pushing for her toreturn, but her off kilter and wacky actions and comments today were definitely affected by her meds and she needs to be lucid to be on that show!

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 7

If only we had free shipping on online purchases! The middle class would be saved! I bet you Rosie has seen that HBO Doc about the unemployed in Oregon, and had some knowledge of why the middle class is shrinking from that movie, she seemed like she was about to join into that discussion, but then heard Whoopi's bizarre statement and figured why bother. I think everyone was at a loss for words over Whoopi during the Dinosaur segment. I hope ABC noticed Whoopi is not fit to be on camera right now and that the studio audience and co-hosts seemed pretty put off by her behavior. Today's show was a complete mess.

And I while I think a ton of the hatred against Obama is that he is black, I don't really think the use of the word cocky is an example. He did seem cocky, in a funny and not so serious way though, but still that was a cocky line.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

Please, if ABC executives didn't pull Babs off there air years ago due to her deteriorating mind there is no way they will yank Whoopi due to her incoherent-ness..

I can't figure out why Whoopi, who is an EGOT winner like we have all been told due to the finger wagging in our face, is on this show; she has to know she is above all this...but then again she thought she was good enough to be the center square on Hollywood Square-revamp years ago and everyone knows that is where fading stars go to stretch out their 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 9

I came here to say all of this.  Rosie's silence made me love her even more than I already do.  I enjoyed the tone of the show with Whoppie gone.  I would love to see Rosie back in the anchor seat.  

Some pain killers (oxycodone for one) make you feel a bit speedy and very happy, thus their street value. She mentioned steroids which are for inflammation and they will have the same speedy effect.  She was herself on FF.  She is plenty enough when she is normal and quite frankly I am tired of her. 

Rosie was clearly horrified at how this show went down.  I think we will see a change tomorrow.  Bill is going to step in and tone Whoppie down. 

Laughing about balls, oh for fuck sake Nicolle what is the matter with you?  You could tell Whoppie got the command, in her ear, to change the ball topic and she did quickly.  

The dinosaur, nothing more to add on that one.  Jesus.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

I can't figure out why Whoopi, who is an EGOT winner like we have all been told due to the finger wagging in our face, is on this show; she has to know she is above all this...

I think Whoopi's too-cool-for-school demeanor all these years was just an act. I think Whoopi needs this job; it makes her feel relevant and she loves the attention she gets from it. No way is she giving up that seat, at least not willingly. And I agree with you; if ABC kept Barb and Sherri and Hasselbeck all these years, there is no way they will be getting rid of her anytime soon.

I can't tell you guys how disappointed I am in the show now. The last couple of weeks have been HEAVEN. IMO. We had smooth discussions, a great moderator and the hosts seemed relaxed. Sure, we had a couple of shitty guest hosts but when I compare them when watching the show without Whoopi vs now, I'll take the crappy guest hosts any day.

I might have to take a long break from the show. I can't deal with Whoopi's rants and how she thinks only her opinions matter. The show is not fun to watch and it's easy to see why The Talk has now passed "The Whoopi's View" in ratings. I really can't take this.

• Love 14

I think we may see, hopefully, Whoopie needing to take some more time off.  There will be an excuse that coming back was too much for her and she has to rest more.  Oh please, oh please, oh please.  

• Love 7

Whoopi has a very strong personality but this is Whoopi on steroids ! (literally ;)  I hope TPTB seriously consider pulling her off until things are better for her - it's very difficult to watch this show right now. 

Edited by movado23
  • Love 5

Wow. Just wow. Now I will admit that I have not watched the View regularly for a long time. I tried to watch when Rosie O came back, but could not stand Whoopi (who is one of the main reasons I stopped watching).  I did tune in last week on and off and totally enjoyed the show without WG. Today I could only get through the first 20 minutes or so as Whoopi was just obnoxious. So I was wondering if this is how she has been all along...and wondering if so why the View bothers to have other panel members as apparently no one is allowed to voice their view for more than a second or two. And has Whoopi's voice been this raspy and loud all along? Her voice is like nails on a blackboard. 

I do wonder how someone, even with pain meds, is able to bopp in and out of her chair with such a bad back. When I had a similar injury a year ago it was three months before I could even walk normally, and I was very careful (due to pain even with meds, and common sense) to watch myself when standing and sitting. Whoppi is bouncing around the stage like a 2year old on a sugar high.

My last observation which has been made upthread is how inane and ridiculous these women are making themselves look. I tuned in for a bit last week when Barbara was on, and honestly as much as she drove me nuts frequently when she was on the show, she showed more class and intelligence than many others on the panel. And actually had something interesting to contribute. What a train wreck.  

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10

I don't know Jodi Ernst, but trust me Jodi...you in danger gurl if you come on this show.  Whoopi will wag her finger in your face and tell you her truth and that is the only truth that matters b/c Whoopi lived in a "Dakota" at one time or another.

That drove me crazy. I wonder if she has a clue that there are two Dakotas. 

• Love 3

Rosie responded to tweet of her and the guest host from today's show with "We were stunned..." then retweeted someone saying "This is your show on drugs." Hopefully they don't let Whoopi on tomorrow.

FYI TMZ says Rosie Perez will be on tomorrow to address the rumors and comments she can't read a teleprompter.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

Jen Kirkman was the guest host.  I adore her, but her comedy is not for everyone.

I love Jen Kirkman.  She is a smart comic and she has a voice.  Therefore, not suitable for The View.

I am a little annoyed that social media people are attributing Whoopi's bad behavior to a "cultural difference."  We've seen Whoopi use that excuse for other celebrities and I am offended by it.

Whoopi's already-casual appearance seems to be slipping.  There was a picture a couple of years ago of Whoopi coming out of a bodega with her purchases in her hand, a pack of cigarettes and some scratch offs and she looked homeless.  I think something is going on besides ego.  The View does not seem to be conducive to good mental health.

• Love 5

I love Jen Kirkman.  She is a smart comic and she has a voice.  Therefore, not suitable for The View.

I am a little annoyed that social media people are attributing Whoopi's bad behavior to a "cultural difference."  We've seen Whoopi use that excuse for other celebrities and I am offended by it.

Whoopi's already-casual appearance seems to be slipping.  There was a picture a couple of years ago of Whoopi coming out of a bodega with her purchases in her hand, a pack of cigarettes and some scratch offs and she looked homeless.  I think something is going on besides ego.  The View does not seem to be conducive to good mental health.

Whoopie has always dressed in a casual and sometimes sloppy manner.  There is nothing wrong with her she is just on meds right now.  Social media has a lot to say, every minute of everyday.  pffffffffft 

• Love 1
Some pain killers (oxycodone for one) make you feel a bit speedy and very happy, thus their street value. She mentioned steroids which are for inflammation and they will have the same speedy effect.  She was herself on FF.  She is plenty enough when she is normal and quite frankly I am tired of her.

Steroids tend to make you irritable, anxious, quick to anger, on edge. And hungry as all hell.  Speedy, but in a negative way, there's not a "high", no euphoria.  And if you take them for any length of time, you have to wean off gradually. 

• Love 2

if ABC kept Barb and Sherri and Hasselbeck all these years, there is no way they will be getting rid of her anytime soon.

You would think that when ABC got rid of  /fired Sherri & Jenny, despite Sherri's pending divorce mess & needing the $$$, that they finally realized what a train wreck the show had become with idiot co hosts.................guess not................with all the idiot guest hosts lately & tolerating Whoopie's drugged our behavior and I am a Whoopie fan!!!

Jesus.. Whoopi is like that girl that you used to drink and have fun with when you were a lot younger.. Now it is just embarrassing. 

People (banjo) still buy into this type of bull shit that robotic woman (Ernst) was spewing?? 

Of course you lived in Dakota also Whoopi. 

I am one of the rare animals that miss Bitsy and Sherri. OR At least Rosie would go back to how she was in 07.

This is just cheesy and boring now.

I watched The Color Purple the other night and it just makes me sad. I wish she would stop. 

I cannot believe that Whoopi needs View money. It has to be ego. 

She knocked on the wrong door. She IS very smart. She is just not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. 

• Love 2

Steroids tend to make you irritable, anxious, quick to anger, on edge. And hungry as all hell.  Speedy, but in a negative way, there's not a "high", no euphoria.  And if you take them for any length of time, you have to wean off gradually. 

I had to take a course of prednizone years ago.  I was VERY happy and speedy!  In fact I painted every room in my 3 story house (lots of windows), recovered some couch pillows and hosted a birthday party for my son with his entire class!   I think Whoppie is on pain killers, as well.  She had that vibe about her.  

Her face is puffy and she mentioned she was taking steroids so that is definitely in the mix. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Gonna write to ABC for the second time this season (and the second time in my life).  The View is simply better without Whoopi.  I am still a fan of her acting, but today was damn near unwatchable. The compare/contrast of the past two weeks without her was jarring.  I suggest those with strong reactions also write ABC.

• Love 6

I was enjoying the football convo with Rosie and Jen until Whoopi had to open her big fucking mouth and ruin it.

So what if they aren't the biggest football experts. Thay had an opinion and should be allowed to speak on it.

You know like Whoopi talks about everything she doesn't know shit about.

I have to give it to Rosie for not going off and just letting that shit slide off her back.

• Love 7

People (banjo) still buy into this type of bull shit that robotic woman (Ernst) was spewing?? 

Unfortunately, yes they do.  Even my nine year old son could see through her, during election season.  Ugh!

• Love 2

Why in the world did they ever sign Whoopi to a two year contract? Her high Q ratings have to be stale and not based on her performance on The View, but rather her acting performances. Didn't her solo talk show fail after a brief time? Somebody was not paying attention. I don't blame Whoopi as much as the ones who put her in this position. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2

OMG. Shut up whoopi. She is nuts or stoned or both.

She acted high off her ass.  I assumed it was pain medicine.

So why don't they just give Queen Whoopi a throne to sit on at this point...

I love how Whoopi said that since she was gone basically a month that the normal ignorant viewers were probably tuning in to Whoopi Goldberg Presents the View and not knowing what they were watching b/c she wasn't there to grace our television screens.  Seriously...I was thinking perhaps the show is watchable once again b/c Whoopi wasn't there.

Here's a thought Whoopi, maybe if you would stop toking before every show you might be more on your game, no off timing or incoherent...

So she has back issues but here Whoopi is jumping around the stage and whatnot about the State of the Union.

Whoopi is middle class?  Huh...never would have thought that...in a million, billion, trillion years.  Oh wait, she is speaking for all the rest of us...stupid bitch.

So was Rosie even part of the show today...Whoopi shut her down left and right when she tried to talk.

I'm sorry if this offends, but Whoopi you are a c you next tuesday.  First off you aren't as damn funny making jokes about guys not wanting un-inflated balls and all that crap, but then to derail the discussion saying to the audience that Rosie, Nicole, and Jen don't know what they are talking about b/c it's sports was just tacky.  She did that just to change the subject, even though 3 out of the 4 were having a discussion and Whoopi checked out of it.  This really is Whoopi's show at this point.

Is Whoopi so stupid she can't figure out they are piecing together the dinosaur based on the bones they found.  She can't figure out where the eyes are or that this were bones in the spine?  She just had spine/back issues, is she really that stupid?  At least Rosie played to the camera that Whoopi is fucking crazy. 

Damn you Rosie, how dare you teach the audience what red velvet cake really is...thank god Whoopi was there to tell you that you were wrong.

This woman was born and raised in NYC, how is it that she's from "Dakota"?  And why are the rural poor more righteous than the urban poor?  Sometimes I think Whoopi is racist - against her own race.

I had just made the comment about red velvet when Rosie piped up.  I feel guilty even saying this, but I don't believe Whoopi's story.  There used to be a very sweet commercial in which a little black girl is in a race to eat the filling on her oreo before Grandma can.  I think Whoopi is tired of Nicolle and Rosie getting attention for their heartfelt family stories, and she borrowed the story.

• Love 6

Has anyone seen Jumpin Jack Flash?  One of my favorite stupid, charming, comfort movies, starring Whoopi.  There's a scene where the bad guys give her an injection, and she roams the city, loud and stoned.  That's what today's show reminded me of.

• Love 4

I thought the dinosaur drawing thing with Whoopi was one of the weirdest things she's ever done.  I honestly don't mind if Whoopi goes to work high -- if she's funny --- great!

It's the finger pointing, in-your-face aggressiveness that's such a turnoff.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 2

I have only just begun watching when I noticed that Stacy London was going to be on and came here to see if Whoopi ripped her to shreds in a steroid rage like she did when Stacy commented for TV guide on an outfit/dress Whoopi wore to host an award show. She was so pissed at this "nobody" talking about her clothes.

Love Jen Kirkman.

In any other job situation HR would have arrived on stage and told Whoopi to go home and be escorted out.

• Love 5

Has anyone seen Jumpin Jack Flash?  One of my favorite stupid, charming, comfort movies, starring Whoopi.  There's a scene where the bad guys give her an injection, and she roams the city, loud and stoned.  That's what today's show reminded me of.

Love that scene!  She stumbles in to work and tells the security guard to stop smoking and lose some weight.

She was just so bizarre and meandering.  I wondered how she could keep up with the teleprompter - which she kind of did until she shoved a handful of oreos in her mouth.  It went beyond disliking her.  It made me uncomfortable.

• Love 6

HOLY HELL!   All those years of watching/waiting for the wheels to come off on The Spew they finally did, but on The Whoopi Goldberg Hour.  That whole show was a disaster but not because of a fight between the co-hosts or Babs fumbling or Bitsy screaming and crying but all on Whoopi who talked NON-STOP for the entire show. 

After her statement of people "not knowing what they were watching while she was gone" I am convinced she is convinced this is her show, she is the star, and the other two or three co-hosts are her sidekicks.   Hey Whoopi, if people didn't recognize The View while you were gone it's because it was actually an ensemble show and we got to hear other people finish a thought.  She acted like she had to come back and save the show while I suspect her big fat ego demanded it. 

Loved RO's comment that Joni Ernst proves "anyone can be a US Senator".  She should have added, "If they are backed by the billionaire Koch brothers, that is" since it was their money (and few other select billionaire's cash) that got her from a short stint in the state legislature to the US Senate.   And  I'm sure  Ernst is just thrilled that Whoopi thinks she grew up during The Depression since she is ONLY 44 years old! 

I always roll my eyes when a member of the 1% rails against taxes but Whoopi's rant on bridge tolls and gas tax was bizarre - even for her.  She thinks that the gas tax goes to the oil company?   Where does she think the money to fix/maintain/and build roads/bridges comes from?  Good grief. 

Even after reading about it here, I couldn't believe the dinosaur thing.  That was beyond, beyond.  I think even Nicolle was rendered speechless and I loved RO's  side to the camera. 

I had just made the comment about red velvet when Rosie piped up.  I feel guilty even saying this, but I don't believe Whoopi's story.  There used to be a very sweet commercial in which a little black girl is in a race to eat the filling on her oreo before Grandma can. 

Hahaha!  I totally love this theory!!  I remember that commercial too.   She totally stole it.  Ready. Set. Lick.

I have only just begun watching when I noticed that Stacy London was going to be on and came here to see if Whoopi ripped her to shreds in a steroid rage like she did when Stacy commented for TV guide on an outfit/dress Whoopi wore to host an award show. She was so pissed at this "nobody" talking about her clothes.

Whoopi introduced Stacy London as "one of the most amazing women I know."   Hahaha.    I think Whoopi's 'style' is probably the stuff of London's nightmares and the only amazing thing was Whoopi in her ridiculous outfit wasn't part of the segment.   Of course I think Whoopi dresses like a high end bag lady most days, but add the low office throne/chair and knit cap to the mix and she looked like some ancient old troll at the table.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

That's the Whoopi I love. The salon scene is gold.

• Love 1

I didn't realize how much I didn't miss Whoopi until she came back. She definitely puts the EGO in EGOT.  Woman, don't go away mad, just go away.  And...stay there.

Edited by polodog
  • Love 12

Just wanted to add this.  Whoopi's political views have always run libertarian, IMO, but she's really going off the rails now.  And the reason why, IMO, is Whoopi knows the only challenge to her authority is RO, so Whoopi immediately sides with Nicolle.  The two of them against RO, and RO doesn't get a word in edge wise.  Only my opinion, but I feel like it's obvious.  When Whoopi was gone, Nicolle and RO talked politics in a polite and respectful manner.  That's gone ....... again.

• Love 13