Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A Hallmark original novel

40042963_2110729642578623_38426234492142

Two very different people… 
One very special place. 

Dylan’s an overworked investment banker. Paige is a free-spirited first-grade teacher. From the first time they meet, these two opposites attract.

Meanwhile, the cabin Paige is renting has gone up for sale. She loves living there, and she just might be able to buy it—if she finally achieves her dream of selling her children’s stories. When she learns Dylan is also determined to buy the cabin, their new romance turns into a real estate rivalry.

Dylan could explain his own connection to the place…but that would mean opening up about his past. As his relationship with Paige goes from funny to touching, they both learn more about love and the true meaning of home.

This feel-good romance contains a free Hallmark original recipe for Maple Pecan Streusel Muffins With Cider Glaze.

Edited by In2You

I'm surprised by others posts. I really enjoyed Season for Love. Thought Autumn and Marc were great, chemistry and also just their story. This movie was missing so many of the things we regularly complain about Hallmark inserting unnecessarily into the story. Thought Marc and Autumn as former sweethearts were very cute, thought their interactions felt natural and believable. I liked the competition between the two, his approach with the daughter, his relationship with her mother, their shared loved of food, etc. I thought it all worked. I do think it was a bit of a sleepier movie, but not in a bad way. Not too far from Autumn's movie with Jesse Metcalfe, which isn't that flashy and a tad sleepier with its surroundings despite him being a country music star.  For me, this is easily the best movie Hallmark has put out in months and months, probably the best since the Valentine movie with Danica.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

I'm surprised by others posts. I really enjoyed Season for Love. Thought Autumn and Marc were great, chemistry and also just their story. This movie was missing so many of the things we regularly complain about Hallmark inserting unnecessarily into the story. Thought Marc and Autumn as former sweethearts were very cute, thought their interactions felt natural and believable. I liked the competition between the two, his approach with the daughter, his relationship with her mother, their shared loved of food, etc. I thought it all worked. I do think it was a bit of a sleepier movie, but not in a bad way. Not too far from Autumn's movie with Jesse Metcalfe, which isn't that flashy and a tad sleepier with its surroundings despite him being a country music star.  For me, this is easily the best movie Hallmark has put out in months and months, probably the best since the Valentine movie with Danica.

I completely agree with you, JasmineFlower. I loved this movie from the "sleepiness" to the chemistry to the lack of contrived relationship drama. I'll admit, Autumn and Marc are actors I'll usually give more leeway to since they're two of my favorites, but I don't think this needed any leeway. I just flat-out enjoyed it and will watch it again.

And speaking of Danica, I just saw that she and Andrew Walker are going to be in a movie together in mid-September, Love in Design. It's kind of ridiculous how excited that makes me. I'll watch Andrew Walker in ANYTHING; he's another one of my favorites. I wouldn't quite put Danica in that category, but I like her very much and usually enjoy her movies. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, In2You said:

A Hallmark original novel

Interesting. I did some digging and it looks like this is also the person who runs the publishing division. I guess that kinda makes sense to get things rolling for their original offerings. I'm curious to see if this will be a movie later on.

I dont think I could read Hallmark in book form. Their guidelines lately have been making for full movies. I cant sit through a multi chapter book where little happens and adults falling in love dont even share a chaste kiss until the last page. I've read and watched Christian content with more drama.

• Love 4

I heard some of the book versions have extra scenes for what happens to the characters after the movies end. That'd probably be my main draw. I broke down and bought a few of them (for shame). I'll report back if there is anything interesting that occurs.

Oh btw, the following movies have now been banished from the main channel to the dark shadows of app-land: 

Recipe for Love

Love, Again

I Do, I Do, I Do

Love On the Air

Ah, the best-laid plans... Can I just say that I'm REALLY disappointed in this Summer Nights Movie Countdown so far? Every single movie they've shown so far (I've DRV'd them all in case I wasn't around so I could watch later) has been a movie that I've tried to watch in the past and couldn't get through. It's like (and this is just IMO, of course; I know most movies have their fans) they took the dregs of their movies and figured they'd throw them onscreen one more time before they banish them to app-land, or something. I had planned a nice weekend at home with the movies on in the background. Instead, I'm watching SVU reruns because they've had Danny Pino episodes on all weekend (not that Danny is a consolation prize; he's my all-time #1 TV boyfriend, but I wanted happy and bright, not angsty and dark).

On the plus side, I finally got to see Appetite for Love with Andrew Walker and Taylor Cole Saturday morning before the countdown started and really enjoyed it. And during the most depressing SVU eps I've been watching the Hallmark movies on my DVR that I never got a chance to catch up on, and I'm enjoying those for the most part as well.  

Edited by kirinan
53 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Ah, the best-laid plans... Can I just say that I'm REALLY disappointed in this Summer Nights Movie Countdown so far? Every single movie they've shown so far (I've DRV'd them all in case I wasn't around so I could watch later) has been a movie that I've tried to watch in the past and couldn't get through. It's like (and this is just IMO, of course; I know most movies have their fans) they took the dregs of their movies and figured they'd throw them onscreen one more time before they banish them to app-land, or something. I had planned a nice weekend at home with the movies on in the background. Instead, I'm watching SVU reruns because they've had Danny Pino episodes on all weekend (not that Danny is a consolation prize; he's my all-time #1 TV boyfriend, but I wanted happy and bright, not angsty and dark).

On the plus side, I finally got to see Appetite for Love with Andrew Walker and Taylor Cole Saturday morning before the countdown started and really enjoyed it. And during the most depressing SVU eps I've been watching the Hallmark movies on my DVR that I never got a chance to catch up on, and I'm enjoying those for the most part as well.  

Sun Sand Romance was awful. Great locations shot, and Tricia is a good actress, but neither her boyfriend who had to work on their vaca, nor the old boyfriend who romances her, had any chemistry. Plus the plotting and editing felt like a checklist. 1. Patio scene? Check. 2. Horse on beach scene? Check. 3. Cutsey shopping in market square scene? Check...

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Am I wrong, or wasn't Season of Love #15 in this countdown and now it's #1? Or maybe it aired before the countdown started and I'm confused.

No, I think they just showed it before the countdown. And ARRGGHH!!! We lost our power at 6 p.m. due to a huge storm, and so of course I missed the one movie I happily would have watched again. We're in a hotel for the night as a result, and of course it doesn't get the Hallmark Channel.

As part of other actors sticking up for Geoffrey Owens, who was a co-star on COSBY who now works at a Trader Joe's and who was recently made fun of by FOX news, Paul Campbell who starred in Sun Sand Romance and couple other Hallmark movies said he needs to work construction jobs between acting roles and 2 or 3 times a year thinks about quitting acting entirely.   I wouldn't be surprised that with few exceptions like Candice Cameron Bure, most of the actors and actresses who appear in these Hallmark movies only get paid the actors' union minimum.

• Love 10
On 9/3/2018 at 9:54 AM, kirinan said:

On the plus side, I finally got to see Appetite for Love with Andrew Walker and Taylor Cole Saturday morning before the countdown started and really enjoyed it.

Andrew Walker has probably been the most consistent in generating chemistry with his co-stars. I still get a kick out of his interview with an Hallmark uber-fan that basically treated him like he was an A-list movie star or something. Meanwhile, he's gently trying to promote his non-Hallmark indie movie.

I've liked the guy since he was on Sabrina all those years ago and I'm glad that he seems to have found his niche, in something that will probably be steady for a good chunk of time.

• Love 4
On 9/4/2018 at 8:59 AM, mikeb said:

As part of other actors sticking up for Geoffrey Owens, who was a co-star on COSBY who now works at a Trader Joe's and who was recently made fun of by FOX news, Paul Campbell who starred in Sun Sand Romance and couple other Hallmark movies said he needs to work construction jobs between acting roles and 2 or 3 times a year thinks about quitting acting entirely.   I wouldn't be surprised that with few exceptions like Candice Cameron Bure, most of the actors and actresses who appear in these Hallmark movies only get paid the actors' union minimum.

I know an actress that has been in supporting roles in two Hallmarks and quite a few direct to videos. She does a lot of commercials, too. Hallmark pays a lot more than direct to video. She has not been in any Lifetimes, but Hallmark also pays better than Lifetime.

She is very nice in real life, but on screen she usually plays a bitch. She has to work a real job, obviously, but can do pretty good when she gets several commercials close together. 

The reason I know she is a great actress is she has been been in ads where she holds gross stuff, or is in cold water, and keeps acting like she loves it

Edited by Happywatcher
9 hours ago, twoods said:

I can’t  believe they made a sequel. I lasted 10 minutes with the first one and this one looked just as painful.

Hallmark is making WAY too many sequels to movies that just don't need them--and as a result there's no story to watch for in the sequels. I didn't even bother with this one. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Hallmark is making WAY too many sequels to movies that just don't need them--and as a result there's no story to watch for in the sequels. I didn't even bother with this one. 

I haven’t watched the sequels.   It just comes off as too forced.  A bad sequel can sometimes tarnish your love of the original movie.  

If they are gonna do the sequel root, they should base it on the romance novel method.   In those novels, they include side characters who end up being the leads in the next book.  Like they might have a series with siblings or a group of friends and each book features a different person from that family or group of friends.  For example, I’m about to finish the Weekday Bride series of romance novels by Catherine Bybee. They should plan ahead for the sequels and let supporting players from the previous movie be the lead in the next with the leads from the previous movie being either supporting characters or just make a quick cameo.  For example if Hallmark wanted to make a sequel to Royal Matchmaker they could make the assistant character the lead.   That method is nice because you get a glimpse of how things are going with characters you enjoyed seeing previously but also get a fresh story about a new romance.

• Love 15

I watched the Debbie Gibson sequel.  I remember the first one was relatively cute but this one made me want to (1) get the hair out of Debbie's face and (2) made me think that I don't remember Noah the guidance counselor being sooooo boring in the first one.  

• Love 1

Just found out Christina Milian and Jerrika Hinton are starring in Hallmark Christmas movies this year! Finally, Hallmark is listening!

Last year, the best movies I enjoyed were on HMM and not HM. They seem to take better care in the way they tell their stories and film things so I'm relatively excited about the new announcement of movies with bw leads. 

Looks like Hallmark's back on the menu, boys!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Just found out Christina Milian and Jerrika Hinton are starring in Hallmark Christmas movies this year! Finally, Hallmark is listening!

Last year, the best movies I enjoyed were on HMM and not HM. They seem to take better care in the way they tell their stories and film things so I'm relatively excited about the new announcement of movies with bw leads. 

Looks like Hallmark's back on the menu, boys!

Are they leading or the supporting friend ala Holly Robinson peete and Sheryl Lee Ralph?

37 minutes ago, In2You said:

Are they leading or the supporting friend ala Holly Robinson peete and Sheryl Lee Ralph?

Straight up leads, my friend! I nearly fell out of my chair. Some articles are talking about the history this is making for the channel.

Memories of Christmas will star Christina Milian and Mark Taylor

image.png.a2a84b28950c256a92bbc8312746f17b.png MV5BYjY4NTdiZTYtMTI2Yy00YWU4LWFmYjgtYzUw

“Milian will play Noelle, who was raised by the queen of Christmas. When she inherits her late mother's house, she finds out that her mother had been hiring someone to decorate it, Dave (Mark Taylor). The deal is off, but Dave convinces Noelle to let him carry on the tradition. As the display goes up, Noelle’s defenses start to come down. She embraces the town’s Christmas Gala that was her mother’s legacy, finds unexpected love, and develops a joy for the holidays that she never thought possible.”

A Majestic Christmas will star Jerrika Hinton and Christian Vincent

image.png.4ef2b65657437603172bbf2e00ddb9ba.png  image.png.7843a583a2f6bbf82384cea4d9029351.png

Hinton will be “playing Nell, an architect who goes back to her hometown after being tasked with turning her hometown's historic playhouse, which has been home to the annual Christmas tableaux, into a modern multiplex, much to the resident's objections. When she meets the new owner of the theater, Connor (Vincent), his vision and ideas clash with Nell’s. Since Connor hasn’t had much experience celebrating Christmas, Nell hopes that if she can give him a crash course in Christmas during the town’s Twelve Day Festival, that he might just change his mind about modernizing the Majestic.” 

From ET:

The 36-year-old singer and actress [Milian] will be making her Hallmark Christmas debut this year, headlining a new television movie as part of the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' 36 original holiday movies, ET can exclusively reveal.

Grey's Anatomy alum Jerrika Hinton and network fave Ryan Paevey will also be making their Hallmark holiday movie debuts toplining their own films, while Eloise Mumford and Sean Faris will reunite for another. The four films begin production this week.

https://www.etonline.com/christina-milian-to-star-in-hallmark-christmas-movie-exclusive-109421

• Love 4

Neither of them are big stars, which I think is good. Morning Show Mysteries kind of sucked, I think mostly because they threw a black woman who is also a major star on screen, and figured they had it all set no matter what, so they fluffed off on the other casting and the direction.

Hopefully these two movies were done, overall, as good as most of the Hallmark products.

• Love 1

Wow, that's awesome that an afro-Latina and a Black woman will be starring in Christmas movies. Maybe in twenty years we'll see explicitly mixed-race couples!

I checked his IMDB and it looks like he's in an upcoming Christmas movie later this year with Kimberly Williams-Paisley and (this is a trip) Kurt Russell as Santa Claus. 

I generally stay away from Hallmark movies where Santa is real, but with this cast I may have to break that rule.

Someone upthread mentioned getting sick of Christmas by December 1 because of Hallmark's aggressively early start to the season. Do what I do! I record the movies that I like or sound good (helped by you all), but don't actually watch them until well into December.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, beadgirl said:

Someone upthread mentioned getting sick of Christmas by December 1 because of Hallmark's aggressively early start to the season. Do what I do! I record the movies that I like or sound good (helped by you all), but don't actually watch them until well into December.

This is what I do too. Usually the week between Christmas and New Years. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, VartanFan said:

So, unpopular opinion but Danica McKellar's 'gosh, golly, gee' personality grates on me...should I watch or skip last night's movie with Andrew Walker?

It's so hard to guess because it feels like there are always positives and negatives with every movie and it's about finding the movie where the positives outweigh the negatives. 

I didn't think she was too gee gosh golly but, then again, that doesn't really bother me.  I thought she and Andrew Walker had really good chemistry and I'd love to see them do another movie (a better movie).  There were no ridiculous "other people" in the movie.  And they must be reading the forum because it had one of the few instances where the big city/globe trotter "won" the living situation rather than the small towner.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, VartanFan said:

So, unpopular opinion but Danica McKellar's 'gosh, golly, gee' personality grates on me...should I watch or skip last night's movie with Andrew Walker?

I feel exactly the same way and I’ll add that her little girl voice is beyond annoying to me.  I love Andrew Walker so I tried to watch this movie but couldn’t take too much of it due to Danica.  Bummer.

• Love 4

I normally like Danica, but I think I'm getting too much of her so shortly after Very, Very Valentine. I'm really feeling the discrepancies between now and back when Hallmark had different actresses and stories throughout the year. Now it's more than apparent how much they are phoning it in. Even with Fall Harvest, one of the block of movies I look forward to throughout the year, it seems all generic and unimpressive. Even my fall fave, Julie Gonzalo jumped ship this year. I don't know, maybe I'm just burned out. I definitely need a break before the Hallmark Superbowl season. I like your suggestion about taping the good ones, beadgirl. The only problem is I have a lot of faves from yesteryear. 

14 hours ago, beadgirl said:

Wow, that's awesome that an afro-Latina and a Black woman will be starring in Christmas movies. Maybe in twenty years we'll see explicitly mixed-race couples!

Right? That sounds like their usual timeline!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's so hard to guess because it feels like there are always positives and negatives with every movie and it's about finding the movie where the positives outweigh the negatives. 

I didn't think she was too gee gosh golly but, then again, that doesn't really bother me.  I thought she and Andrew Walker had really good chemistry and I'd love to see them do another movie (a better movie).  There were no ridiculous "other people" in the movie.  And they must be reading the forum because it had one of the few instances where the big city/globe trotter "won" the living situation rather than the small towner.

I'm starting to think there's no one Andrew Walker doesn't have chemistry with. And while Danica McKellar isn't an automatic watch for me, I like her well enough and thought she was good in this. Echoing Irlandesa, it hit all the points that make a movie re-watchable for me: more mature leads (I prefer the late 30s-to-early-40s range, just a personal preference because I'm old, LOL), no extra-relationship drama, everyone pretty much acted like adults, and the small town wasn't the only possible place that anyone could ever want to live. 

I suppose if you really, really don't like Danica it might be a little too much, but it really was pretty good.

And Irlandesa, I think you're right: They may actually be paying attention. Upcoming movie leads who aren't lily-white and the big city winning the day? It can't be a coincidence (at least,  hope it isn't). It's late coming, but keep it up, Hallmark! 

BTW, I watched the Fall Harvest preview show afterward. I'm so-so on a couple of them (especially the third installment of that Lacey Chabert/Brennan Elliott story--stop with the sequels already!), but two--next week's Truly, Madly, Sweetly, and the upcoming Falling for You--look appealing to me. 

ETA: And Hallmark, if you are reading this, as long as you're working on your diversity and location-versity, can you also please do something about those awful generic titles you slap on your movies? I know it's a little less important than the other factors, but really, I'd love to be able to tell your movies apart when I spot a title in the cable guide. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 6

I don’t think we’ve seen a Candace/Andrew pairing in a movie yet and I’m guessing they would play more like sister/brother than romantic leads.  I also don’t see a Cameron/Cameron pairing working well onscreen either.

I’m not excited about any of the fall movies, Good witch used to be fun but it no longer sounds like this will be the wedding episode like it was teased in their finale.  Good witch should really be the late summer fall series on the network vs Chesepeake Shores.

I thought the fall preview show was pretty unwatchable with Brennan and Lacey.  Lacey was super awkward. I can’t believe “fans” are what got them to a sequel and now a trilogy with Inn Love.  The first one was cute the second insufferable when the female character completely melted down over her fiancée having to work for 2 weeks away from home.  Ugh.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2018 at 8:42 AM, JasmineFlower said:

I just watched Country Wedding for the first time, and I really liked it. I expected not to, which is why I've passed on it the last half dozen times it aired. But they really won me over by having the couple a) spend a lot of time together and b) (since there is a fiancee in the picture) remain friends but not romantic until right toward the end, when the heroine realizes her true feelings, etc. The one weak part for me was the ending, particularly the last shot, but also just the surprise I love you and it's our wedding! Hope you didn't want to date a while or have an engagement or whatever! 

Anyway, I really like Marc Blucas, so I hope I will like Season for Love. 

Looking over the Christmas movies, I am personally pleased that Kimberley Sustad of Nine Lives of Christmas is starring in another one. Why no Andrew Walker? 

More importantly, I think there is one starring Tia Mowry! I am thrilled they are finally producing some films starring women of color! 

The rundown from ew.com 

A Gingerbread Romance (Dec. 15, Hallmark Channel)

STARS: Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Duane Henry

CONTAINS: Gingerbread house contest, single-dad baker

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS: “With Christmas just weeks away, the architecture firm Taylor works for enters her in a contest in which the teams will design and build life-sized gingerbread houses. After the contest, Taylor will likely be getting a promotion to a position in another city. The firm teams her up with Isabelle, a renowned French pastry chef with whom Taylor instantly locks horns. When Isabelle backs out, Taylor stumbles into a local bakery and meets Adam, a baker and single dad. In an act of desperation, Taylor convinces Adam to partner with her for the contest, arguing that winning would give the bakery and his designs much-needed exposure. For years Taylor has been resistant to call anywhere ‘home’ for fear it will only be temporary. But the time she spends with Adam and his daughter in their cozy home, decorating for the holidays and exploring the town at Christmas, fills her with a longing for a place to call home.”

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Myrrhine said:

I just watched Country Wedding for the first time, and I really liked it. I expected not to, which is why I've passed on it the last half dozen times it aired. But they really won me over by having the couple a) spend a lot of time together and b) (since there is a fiancee in the picture) remain friends but not romantic until right toward the end, when the heroine realizes her true feelings, etc. The one weak part for me was the ending, particularly the last shot, but also just the surprise I love you and it's our wedding! Hope you didn't want to date a while or have an engagement or whatever! 

Anyway, I really like Marc Blucas, so I hope I will like Season for Love. 

Looking over the Christmas movies, I am personally pleased that Kimberley Sustad of Nine Lives of Christmas is starring in another one. Why no Andrew Walker? 

More importantly, I think there is one starring Tia Mowry! I am thrilled they are finally producing some films starring women of color! 

The rundown from ew.com 

Five of the movies did not have stars listed (just show stars as TBD), so maybe Andrew Walker will be in one of those.  I'm hoping Rachel Boston will end up in one.  It is interesting that they split Alexa and Carlos Pena Vaga into separate movies, but did not list their respective co-stars.

Speaking of Andrew Walker, Bethany Joy Lenz tweeted last week in response to a fan's question that they are working on an idea for a sequel to the Lifetime Snowed-Inn Christmas movie.  My guess is too late for this year though.

• Love 5

Since the link got buried on the previous page when it turned, let me link it again here.   All 36 of Hallmark's upcoming Christmas movies are listed here, in Entertainment Weekly, and there are new faces mixed in with the familiar faces -- https://ew.com/tv/hallmark-christmas-movies-2018-air-dates/#heres-when-all-36-new-hallmark-christmas-movies-will-air

As for Andrew Walker, he filmed a Christmas movie with Rachel Boston earlier this year, and that one has always been expected to go to Lifetime unless Hallmark somehow wrestled it away, which does not appear to be the case.    Rachel Boston is working on a series now, so I don't know if she will have time to do a movie.  The only Hallmark movie she has worked on this year is "Love at First Dance," and that was as a producer behind the scenes.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mikeb said:

Five of the movies did not have stars listed (just show stars as TBD), so maybe Andrew Walker will be in one of those.  I'm hoping Rachel Boston will end up in one.  It is interesting that they split Alexa and Carlos Pena Vaga into separate movies, but did not list their respective co-stars.

Speaking of Andrew Walker, Bethany Joy Lenz tweeted last week in response to a fan's question that they are working on an idea for a sequel to the Lifetime Snowed-Inn Christmas movie.  My guess is too late for this year though.

I loved Snowed-Inn. I have not been blown away by most of the other Hallmark sequels, but I would definitely watch that one! 

4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

As for Andrew Walker, he filmed a Christmas movie with Rachel Boston earlier this year, and that one has always been expected to go to Lifetime unless Hallmark somehow wrestled it away, which does not appear to be the case.    Rachel Boston is working on a series now, so I don't know if she will have time to do a movie.  The only Hallmark movie she has worked on this year is "Love at First Dance," and that was as a producer behind the scenes.

I *guess* I will follow Andrew Walker to Lifetime. Again.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Myrrhine said:

I loved Snowed-Inn. I have not been blown away by most of the other Hallmark sequels, but I would definitely watch that one!

It was a Lifetime movie.  I remember it specifically because I remember reading here (or the general Christmas movie thread) Andrew Walker talking about how it being on Lifetime allowed them to be a little bit sexier.  Watching him hug Danica at the end of this past weekend's movie*, trying to make it a sexy hug, reminded me of that and made me laugh.

*I guess they ended on a hug because they're only allotted one kiss per movie?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Since the link got buried on the previous page when it turned, let me link it again here.   All 36 of Hallmark's upcoming Christmas movies are listed here, in Entertainment Weekly, and there are new faces mixed in with the familiar faces -- https://ew.com/tv/hallmark-christmas-movies-2018-air-dates/#heres-when-all-36-new-hallmark-christmas-movies-will-air

8 hours ago, Myrrhine said:

The rundown from ew.com 

Well, it's about time! Fans on FB have been asking for the Mowry twins to make an appearance on the channel Excited to see Tia on there finally.

I'm really curious how the two Pride & Prejudice inspired movies will do. Seems a bit like overkill but do you Hallmark.

So excited for all the diverse movies. I can't wait to DVR and watch them. I'm making a mental list of the ones I'll probably see. (I just wish this wasn't a dang slideshow).

And just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

• Love 3

Duane Henry from NCIS in a Hallmark movie with Tia Mowry? <flailing> I hope they let him keep his sexy British accent. Please don’t let me down with subpar movies, Hallmark. Some of those movies look pretty good this year (last year was disappointing minus 2-3 that I still have on my DVR). I really like Michael Rady so am bummed he is paired with one of my least favorite actresses Jessica Lowndes. The premise looks decent so may give it a try. Kimberly Sustad and Paul Campbell together could be pretty great. Both of them have such great comedic timing.

Speaking of Tia, I want to watch the Mistle-Tones again for the hundredth time.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Ohh so 4 new black Christmas movies! I'll actually have to watch Hallmark more than once this year. They must've seen their ratings take a hit though because last year they were still giving folks that generic response about working towards diversity long before they had finished filming their Christmas movies.  And people including the media have been on them for quite some time about the lily whiteness of the channel.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, twoods said:

I really like Michael Rady so am bummed he is paired with one of my least favorite actresses Jessica Lowndes.

Same, although they were on the Christmas preview over the summer and she bugged me much less with him than I thought she would.  It was only a snippet but it gave me hope.  But I ran into the same problem with another one of my favorites, she was in Daniel Lissing's first movie and I couldn't make it through that one.

6 hours ago, twoods said:

Speaking of Tia, I want to watch the Mistle-Tones again for the hundredth time.

One of my all time favorites, I adore that one.  So glad Tia finally got another Christmas movie.  I don't know the lead guy, but I'm always up for a sexy British accent. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Myrrhine said:

I was also glad to see Kimberly Sustad will finally get another chance at a lead role - thought she was very good in Nine Lives of Christmas, but have only seen her in some small roles in non-Christmas Hallmark movies since then.   In her new movie,  Kathie Lee Gifford will be playing her aunt - surprised Kimberly's role did not go to Kathie Lee's daughter, who has starred in at least one non-Christmas Hallmark movie.   The title of the new movie is "A Godwink Christmas" - wonder if it will be more overtly religious than typical Hallmark movie.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Well, it's about time! Fans on FB have been asking for the Mowry twins to make an appearance on the channel Excited to see Tia on there finally.

I'm really curious how the two Pride & Prejudice inspired movies will do. Seems a bit like overkill but do you Hallmark.

So excited for all the diverse movies. I can't wait to DVR and watch them. I'm making a mental list of the ones I'll probably see. (I just wish this wasn't a dang slideshow).

And just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

I agree that the Mowry twins not appearing on a hallmark movie was criminal.  And Ashley banks from fresh prince (I'll always think of Ali as Ashley :)  is the star of hallmark hall of fame .kcke :)  just wish the hall.of fame movies were on a better channel since they usually have a higher budget and better scripts.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Here are the 36 new Christmas movies coming to the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel this year...

https://ew.com/tv/hallmark-christmas-movies-2018-air-dates/

YAAAAAYYYY, Colin Ferguson's going to be in a movie! But ARRRGGGHHH, I have to sit through Alicia Witt, who I just don't care for! But OHHHHHH, I'll do it for Colin!

Other than that one, the usual mix of some that look good and a few that look meh (when you read them straight through like that, it makes you realize how vapid and repetitive some of the plots really are, but I guess that could be said of any genre). I really look forward to the one with Tatyana Ali; the story of the deceased older sister should make for an emotional story. And I'm glad to see Victor Webster, Steven Weber, and Jen Lilley are appearing.

All in all, looks like it will be a tolerable Christmas movie season.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2