Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Gotta say I didn't care much for the first one, I cared even less for the second one, so I didn't expect much from episode 3, especially since wedding-related plots usually don't do it for me. But surprisingly enough, I liked it more than ep 2, and maybe even than 1. Less angst, less forced drama, more light-heartedness, more mini-goats, more banter, more complicity, more family stuff... it was a very generic plot, but it kinda worked for me. Now I'm guessing they'll have a baby in episode 4...

• Love 6

I admit that, because of how little I liked the second one, I fast forwarded through parts of the third.  (Why not just delete?  My inexplicable need to "see" all of these in some way, I guess.)

I don't know that I would have had the patience to watch the whole thing but overall, it did seem better than the second.  There was drama in some kind of weird "this other person has a claim on the property" storyline but even that didn't weigh it down as much as it could have.  I do think this is probably the last one. 

They are doing a mystery movie together.

• Love 1

I loved it! This is the sequel it deserved and I'm going to ignore that second one and consider this the first movie's successor. Loved the banter. It was cute, light, and funny. Hallmark must have listened to the feedback because Lacey's character was like the first movie and much less naggy and annoying than she was in the second. I loved the callbacks to the first movie which really made it seem like this was the real continuation. I had a gripe with the whole "I'm your second cousin's sister's neighbor's daughter once removed and I own your house" because there was no way anyone would realistically give up the house without a fight or a second opinion from a more seasoned lawyer. Plus she had no say on his part of the ownership, but I digress. Still miss the house from the first movie, but there was a line about how they had to overhaul the house which would explain in-story why it's different. Loved Gabby and her kids and the inn looked awesome. Not sure there will be another one considering they are already doing that mystery series together and their coupledom would be a bit overkill but I wouldn't mind it if they got this same writer and not the one from the second movie. I definitely don't want to see a series because Hallmark doesn't know how to handle a scripted series and keep it interesting.

Looking forward to next week's movie. I haven't really been a fan of TC but she's been growing on me since One Winter Weekend and Christmas in Homestead.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, MissyPoo said:
47 minutes ago, MissyPoo said:

Plus she had no say on his part of the ownership,

I totally agree with this! Jenny and Brian each inherited 1/2 of the house, so in my opinion this cousin only deserved 1/2 of Jenny’s portion, so in other words 1/4. The cousin owes them some money back!

• Love 3

I wasn't going to watch the Inn wedding because I felt so lukewarm about the first two.  There was nothing else on so I watched it and, maybe because my expectations were so low, I actually enjoyed it. 

• Love 4

Mrs. AAEBoiler and I thought the story on this one was really shaky. Every time Meg mentioned that she wanted them to sell or buy her out there we kept yelling at the TV, "Why?" There was absolutely no motive for her to have them take action immediately. While, I guess, she was within her rights regarding part ownership we were baffled why she didn't immediately say, "Hey, I'll be a silent partner, do nothing, and take my share of the profits." It was a super thin story with a bit of a "It's a Wonderful Life" ending with everyone pitching in some money but I guess that's why these writers aren't winning any Oscars. My wife and I really need to write one of these ourselves. I'm convinced we could do better.

• Love 3

Anyone know what's going on with the Hallmark dvds over at Amazon? They're all disappearing from the distribution center and only third party sellers seem to have copies. I know they can't be selling out that fast.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:24 AM, AAEBoiler said:

Mrs. AAEBoiler and I thought the story on this one was really shaky. Every time Meg mentioned that she wanted them to sell or buy her out there we kept yelling at the TV, "Why?" There was absolutely no motive for her to have them take action immediately. While, I guess, she was within her rights regarding part ownership we were baffled why she didn't immediately say, "Hey, I'll be a silent partner, do nothing, and take my share of the profits." It was a super thin story with a bit of a "It's a Wonderful Life" ending with everyone pitching in some money but I guess that's why these writers aren't winning any Oscars. My wife and I really need to write one of these ourselves. I'm convinced we could do better.

Or, you know, go hire an attorney and force it into a partition action, stall, and in three years after a good set of income records, get a loan and have the buyout amount for sour puss

I see no one has commented on last night's movie yet - Falling For You. As usual, I will probably be in the minority with my opinion, but I actually liked this one more than I expected to. While it avoided some of the things that bother me about other movies (not so much a stupid misunderstanding as realistic career issues getting in the way - but handled like adults, the usual interrupted first kiss but glad she attempted again right away), I'm not sure that's why I liked it. I can't really say why. The lead guy was another that was a bit bland, but it still worked. I could do without those silly little fake fall trees, though. And would still be nice if a couple's first attempt at kissing wasn't interrupted at all. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

I see no one has commented on last night's movie yet - Falling For You. As usual, I will probably be in the minority with my opinion, but I actually liked this one more than I expected to. While it avoided some of the things that bother me about other movies (not so much a stupid misunderstanding as realistic career issues getting in the way - but handled like adults, the usual interrupted first kiss but glad she attempted again right away), I'm not sure that's why I liked it. I can't really say why. The lead guy was another that was a bit bland, but it still worked. I could do without those silly little fake fall trees, though. And would still be nice if a couple's first attempt at kissing wasn't interrupted at all. 

I missed about 1/2 hr in the middle, but from what I saw I liked it.  Although she doesn't get as much attention as some of the other regular stars, Taylor Cole has starred in 7 Hallmark Movies in last 3 years and usually does a solid job.  The male lead, Tyler Hynes, reminded me of a younger Nathan Fillion.   I do want to catch the part I missed to see if can get better understanding of why Taylor's character ended up taking new new radio job based in Boston, after spending first hour of movie talking about how much she loved the small town she was living in and the importance of the local radio station to the community.  Not saying anything wrong with taking the new job, but just seemed out of character for her.

• Love 1

I really liked Falling for You too, for similar reasons as you, @VMepicgrl. It's definitely one I could see myself watching whenever I see it on. The only other movie I've seen Taylor Cole in was that ice sculpture one last Christmas that I did not like, so I was pleasantly surprised to really like her here. 

So far I haven't been very impressed with the fall movie countdown, but I also missed any that aired overnight. Seems silly to do a countdown that goes literally round the clock instead of spacing it out over 2 days, but maybe they figure most people have DVRs (we do not). 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I really liked Falling for You too, for similar reasons as you, @VMepicgrl. It's definitely one I could see myself watching whenever I see it on. The only other movie I've seen Taylor Cole in was that ice sculpture one last Christmas that I did not like, so I was pleasantly surprised to really like her here. 

So far I haven't been very impressed with the fall movie countdown, but I also missed any that aired overnight. Seems silly to do a countdown that goes literally round the clock instead of spacing it out over 2 days, but maybe they figure most people have DVRs (we do not). 

Taylor had a winter ski trip weekend one  (Winter Weekend?) where the whole cast was great. The story was silly, magazine writer with a bitch boss swears off dating and gets paired in a ski chalet with a CEO for no reason that made sense at all, but the team tried hard to sell it.

Edited by Happywatcher
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, mikeb said:

The male lead, Tyler Hynes, reminded me of a younger Nathan Fillion. 

THANK YOU!!!! It drove me crazy trying to figure out who he reminded me of. Maybe that's why I liked Tyler Hynes so much; I have a soft spot for Nathan Fillion that just won't quit. 

I also liked the movie. I was happy that, once again (like in the movie with Andrew Walker and Danica McKellar), the small town didn't necessarily win out--that a compromise seemed in the offing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Happywatcher said:

Taylor had a winter ski trip weekend one  (Winter Weekend?) where the whole cast was great. The story was silly, magazine writer with a bitch boss swears off dating and gets paired in a ski chalet with a CEO for no reason that made sense at all, but the team tried hard to sell it.

I also really liked her in Christmas in Homestead. The Art of Us was okay- both leads were good but the story wasn’t there, but I enjoyed everything about Christmas In Homestead. I am enjoying her in the Falling For You so far.

• Love 3

I've enjoyed all 3 of the new Fall Harvest movies so far, to varying degrees.   I haven't disliked any of them.    Even though the autumn trees are fake, I an loving all of the extensive fall decor and fake fall foliage everywhere.   I love it when they commit to a theme and go all out with it.

We will be seeing Tyler Hynes again when he is paired up with LeAnn Rimes in "It's Christmas, Eve."

Speaking of "One Winter Weekend," as mentioned in a comment above, Taylor Cole just revealed (in a podcast called The Bubbly Sesh) that she is doing a sequel to OWW, because she wants to explore more of the romance between the Rukiya Bernard and Dewshayne Williams characters.   (Taylor will  be one of the exec. producers.)

And have we all seen the news that Hallmark has added a 15th movie to their Miracles of Christmas line-up on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel?  This brings the total of new Christmas movies to 37 between their two channels.   They have now broken their own record for the number of new Christmas movies in one year.  

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/08/hallmark-record-37th-christmas-movie-2018/

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

And have we all seen the news that Hallmark has added a 15th movie to their Miracles of Christmas line-up on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel?  This brings the total of new Christmas movies to 37 between their two channels.   They have now broken their own record for the number of new Christmas movies in one year.  

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/08/hallmark-record-37th-christmas-movie-2018/

The new one just added, "Last Vermont Christmas" starring Erin Cahill, was actually filmed in Rhinebeck, NY and Kingston, NY back in May.  I wonder if it is not a Hallmark production, but instead acquired by them after it was filmed.  Here is an article that mentions the total budget was less that a million dollars https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/entertainment/2018/05/10/four-movies-filming-region-last-vermont-christmas-rhinebeck/596100002/

Edited by mikeb
  • Love 1

I kinda liked Falling For You. When I saw the clip, I thought the Tyler dude would bore me (he kinda did, sorry dude) at first but he grew on me and I liked his interaction with the intern (who was too adorable for words) his temp boss at the job (I see you Hallmark, that guy and Taylor's character's aunt were making googly eyes at each other) and of course Taylor (heh, Taylor and Tyler). I'm amazed at his transformation. I've seen pics of him elsewhere and he has this rugged masculine yumminess about him but in the movie they made him seem just there. I guess if they ever have him play a farmer or lumberjack, they can roll with his ruggedness. I'm there when they do.

Taylor Cole is slowly moving to my faves list. I wasn't really into her early works but since Christmas in Homestead, I also started warming to her. Then with The Art of Us and One Winter Weekend, I started liking her more. I think those three and Falling For You are probably my faves of hers.

7 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Speaking of "One Winter Weekend," as mentioned in a comment above, Taylor Cole just revealed (in a podcast called The Bubbly Sesh) that she is doing a sequel to OWW, because she wants to explore more of the romance between the Rukiya Bernard and Dewshayne Williams characters.   (Taylor will  be one of the exec. producers.)

That is freakin' awesome! OWW is one of, if not my fave of this year! And it still holds one of the top ratings records of the year (one of the two movies to break 3 million viewers). I'm so glad they'll be doing another one with more Rukiya and Dewshayne. Can't wait!

• Love 4

THANK YOU!!!! It drove me crazy trying to figure out who he reminded me of. Maybe that's why I liked Tyler Hynes so much; I have a soft spot for Nathan Fillion that just won't quit. 

He REALLY is ruggedly handsome...

ETA _ anyone know when Falling for You was filmed?  DIdn't Taylor Cole just have a baby---like, last week?  I thought I remember that these were filmed quickly and very close to airing.  I was trying to see if they were using any big bags to hide.  

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 1:39 AM, MissyPoo said:

That is freakin' awesome! OWW is one of, if not my fave of this year! And it still holds one of the top ratings records of the year (one of the two movies to break 3 million viewers). I'm so glad they'll be doing another one with more Rukiya and Dewshayne. Can't wait!

MissyPoo, I noticed that One Winter Weekend is on tomorrow (Sunday) morning, at 11 a.m. ET if you want to see it again! 

And P.S. I've always wanted to mention that I love your screen name. I have a younger sister, Missy, full name Melissa, who has been known to be called Missy Poo (among other nicknames, as sisters and brothers often do--and among six kids, you can imagine there are a lot of nicknames flying around). 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

I was watching a streaming marathon of the early to mid 2000's show Andromeda on Twitch.tv a few days ago. I mention it because Steve Bacic who is the husband on Garage Sale Mysteries was a main cast member on the show for the last two seasons. I had forgotten about it since his character is kinda boring and bland in the Hallmark movies.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2018 at 1:35 PM, VartanFan said:

ETA _ anyone know when Falling for You was filmed?  DIdn't Taylor Cole just have a baby---like, last week?  I thought I remember that these were filmed quickly and very close to airing.  I was trying to see if they were using any big bags to hide.  

Not this Taylor Cole.  It was another actress with the same name who just had the baby.  Unfortunately some Google searches had the wrong photo with the article, causing confusion.

• Love 1

I'm watching Falling for You now, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. The dialogue is a lot sharper than most of Hallmark's movies, and both leads are taking a lower key, not as Hallmarky (overly dramatic, effortfully cutesy) approach to their characters.

The male lead, Tyler Hynes, reminded me of a younger Nathan Fillion. 

Yup. Thought he was rather bland at first, but I realized he has a dry delivery that Fillion has too that makes his character more interesting.

He REALLY is ruggedly handsome...

Ha!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

Not this Taylor Cole.  It was another actress with the same name who just had the baby.  Unfortunately some Google searches had the wrong photo with the article, causing confusion.

This one is tricky. The hallmark Taylor Cole is Taylor Quinn Cole, who used to be a model. The one that just had a kid is Taylor Cole from Laguna Beach.  Usually the union makes them use different names, but the Laguna Beach one was a reality star. To make it more confusing, Hallmark Taylor was a bright blond for a few shows before going dark brunette again, and reality star Taylor was always a dirty blond.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Happywatcher said:
14 hours ago, Suzysite said:

This one is tricky. The hallmark Taylor Cole is Taylor Quinn Cole, who used to be a model. The one that just had a kid is Taylor Cole from Laguna Beach.  Usually the union makes them use different names, but the Laguna Beach one was a reality star. To make it more confusing, Hallmark Taylor was a bright blond for a few shows before going dark brunette again, and reality star Taylor was always a dirty blond.

Thank you!!  I had no idea there were two young actresses with the same name!  That’ll teach me to read news on the cable tv screensaver.  

On 10/13/2018 at 7:42 AM, kirinan said:

MissyPoo, I noticed that One Winter Weekend is on tomorrow (Sunday) morning, at 11 a.m. ET if you want to see it again! 

And P.S. I've always wanted to mention that I love your screen name. I have a younger sister, Missy, full name Melissa, who has been known to be called Missy Poo (among other nicknames, as sisters and brothers often do--and among six kids, you can imagine there are a lot of nicknames flying around). 

Ahhh sweet! Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely tune in. I've been looking forward to a rewatch.

Haha thanks! That reminds me of a friend in my younger years that we called Missy (sans the poo part hehe). If you guys are anything like me and my sib, I can definitely imagine some imaginative nicknames. Though I imagine, it's probably more fun with many more sibs!

17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was watching a streaming marathon of the early to mid 2000's show Andromeda on Twitch.tv a few days ago. I mention it because Steve Bacic who is the husband on Garage Sale Mysteries was a main cast member on the show for the last two seasons. I had forgotten about it since his character is kinda boring and bland in the Hallmark movies.

This is kind of funny because that's when I first saw him and I always see him as"the Nietzschean" as my dad points out when he sees him. He was on a Lifetime movie that I saw recently where he was the bad guy. Even though he was the baddie, he was still hilarious because had some crazy quips. I wish he did more sci-fi.

13 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

This is kind of funny because that's when I first saw him and I always see him as"the Nietzschean" as my dad points out when he sees him. He was on a Lifetime movie that I saw recently where he was the bad guy. Even though he was the baddie, he was still hilarious because had some crazy quips. I wish he did more sci-fi.

The one with Carol Seaver? I just saw that movie, haha.

47 minutes ago, MissyPoo said:

Close! The one with Lucy Camden lol. I'm intrigued if he is in another one like this because that movie was pure gold.

The movie with Carol Seaver was called Safe Harbor where he killed his mom and a bunch of women that were former residents of a center she ran, a foster home for abused children. What was the one with Lucy Camden about?

It looks like they tweaked some premiere dates.  Alicia Witt's "Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane" was moved to Saturday, Nov  24 on HMM which is same day as Tatyana Ali's "Christmas Everlasting" premieres on Hallmark Channel.  "Christmas Everlasting" is a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, which I think in past years premiered on both channels at same time.  I guess they needed to find way to squeeze in more new movies this year.

I know a lot of folks here don't care for Alicia Witt, but I am looking forward to see if she changes her acting style as result of move to HMM since HMM movies typically aren't lighthearted rom-coms.   Also looking forward to seeing Laura Leighton co-star in "Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane" - she was one of my favorites on Melrose Place.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mikeb said:

It looks like they tweaked some premiere dates.  Alicia Witt's "Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane" was moved to Saturday, Nov  24 on HMM which is same day as Tatyana Ali's "Christmas Everlasting" premieres on Hallmark Channel.  "Christmas Everlasting" is a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, which I think in past years premiered on both channels at same time.  I guess they needed to find way to squeeze in more new movies this year.

I know a lot of folks here don't care for Alicia Witt, but I am looking forward to see if she changes her acting style as result of move to HMM since HMM movies typically aren't lighthearted rom-coms.   Also looking forward to seeing Laura Leighton co-star in "Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane" - she was one of my favorites on Melrose Place.

They might change the premiere date again.

Alicia didn't change her acting style.  You can see that in the previews of her movie.    So we get what we get.   That's partially the director's fault, too, and not just the fault of the actor.

That said, I really like Alicia and I couldn't care less about who else doesn't like her.    However, I think Alicia is better suited for comedy or lighter fare.   She is actually one of the Hallmark actresses who is more adept at handling snappy banter and dialogue, as well as physical comedy (such as dragging her tree down the street, flour exploding in her face, careening down a hill in an innertube  and so on).  I think she has a better sense of comedic timing than a few of the other Hallmark actresses, and she has a more distinct personality (whether people love it or hate it).   She stands out more than some of them.    So I am a bit disappointed that she is in a more serious role this year, and it already looks like a movie I am not that interested in seeing, simply because the story line seems blah to me.   Again, I say that even though I like Alicia and I have enjoyed all of her previous Hallmark movies.

I am also disappointed that Paul Campbell is in a serious movie this year.  He is another one who is actually adept at comedic dialogue and banter, so what does Hallmark do?  They cast him in a serious movie.  I want to see Paul Campbell being funny.  I want to see Alicia Witt being funny.   I want to see Kimberly Sustad being funny.    Not this year, though.  They all have to be serious.  

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Alicia didn't change her acting style.  You can see that in the previews of her movie.    So we get what we get.   That's partially the director's fault, too, and not just the fault of the actor.

Thanks for the info.  I DVR'ed the HMM Christmas Movie preview show, but have not watched it yet.   I have enjoyed all of Alicia's Christmas movies as well (to varying degrees), so will give her new one a chance.  I also agree that it is disappointing Paul Campbell and Kimberly Sustad's movie appears to be serious.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The movie with Carol Seaver was called Safe Harbor where he killed his mom and a bunch of women that were former residents of a center she ran, a foster home for abused children. What was the one with Lucy Camden about?

Huh. I haven't heard of that one, but I'll keep an eye out for it on the Lifetime channels. Thanks!

The Lucy Camden one was about this couple's counseling retreat that she and her husband goes on and he (Nietzschean) and his girlfriend/wife/partner take them there in the middle of nowhere at this nice compound with some other couple who ends up disappearing. Turns out the doc there has a lot in common with the doc in the 1978 Coma movie. Once bad guy's crazy comes out, he starts saying some epic one-liners.

7 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

They might change the premiere date again.

That said, I really like Alicia and I couldn't care less about who else doesn't like her.    However, I think Alicia is better suited for comedy or lighter fare.   She is actually one of the Hallmark actresses who is more adept at handling snappy banter and dialogue, as well as physical comedy (such as dragging her tree down the street, flour exploding in her face, careening down a hill in an innertube  and so on).  I think she has a better sense of comedic timing than a few of the other Hallmark actresses, and she has a more distinct personality (whether people love it or hate it).   She stands out more than some of them.    So I am a bit disappointed that she is in a more serious role this year, and it already looks like a movie I am not that interested in seeing, simply because the story line seems blah to me.   Again, I say that even though I like Alicia and I have enjoyed all of her previous Hallmark movies.

I am also disappointed that Paul Campbell is in a serious movie this year.  He is another one who is actually adept at comedic dialogue and banter, so what does Hallmark do?  They cast him in a serious movie.  I want to see Paul Campbell being funny.  I want to see Alicia Witt being funny.   I want to see Kimberly Sustad being funny.    Not this year, though.  They all have to be serious.  

I like her, too, but I may be a bit biased because I'm a huge Dune fan and she was epic there for being so young. I also liked her in Twin Peaks (the original). I did notice she was a still a bit over the top in her clip but I'll wait to see the whole thing because it may have just been in that scene alone. Sometimes I wish they'd show more engaged clips because I watch the clip shows and am unimpressed and find a much better scene they could have used later in the movie. Same thing with Christina Milian's movie.

I do agree with you about Alicia Witt. She always has me rolling when she did that snow slip in The Mistletoe Inn. Also disappointed in the Paul Campbell entry. I was looking forward to it, but I noticed he was really muted in the clip and it was a bummer.

And speaking of the preview show, was it me or did they switch hosts at the last minute? On the little thumbnail pick for the show, I have Kelly Pickler as the host and but they put in CCB. I wonder if they were listening to us poor folk who felt like we were cast members in Stephen King's Cell when watching the former preview show.

Oh and I saw the last weekend's premiere. It was okay. Good background noise while I was organizing the kitchen. It was basically an autumn version of Let It Snow right down to some scenes (picking out new clothes for Lindy's character) and lines (pick the blue, it goes with your eyes). It was rather forgettable for me. Since I'm ignoring next week's movie, I guess that's it for the autumn entries and new movies until Hallmark's superbowl season begins.

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Huh. I haven't heard of that one, but I'll keep an eye out for it on the Lifetime channels. Thanks!

The Lucy Camden one was about this couple's counseling retreat that she and her husband goes on and he (Nietzschean) and his girlfriend/wife/partner take them there in the middle of nowhere at this nice compound with some other couple who ends up disappearing. Turns out the doc there has a lot in common with the doc in the 1978 Coma movie. Once bad guy's crazy comes out, he starts saying some epic one-liners.

I like her, too, but I may be a bit biased because I'm a huge Dune fan and she was epic there for being so young. I also liked her in Twin Peaks (the original). I did notice she was a still a bit over the top in her clip but I'll wait to see the whole thing because it may have just been in that scene alone. Sometimes I wish they'd show more engaged clips because I watch the clip shows and am unimpressed and find a much better scene they could have used later in the movie. Same thing with Christina Milian's movie.

I do agree with you about Alicia Witt. She always has me rolling when she did that snow slip in The Mistletoe Inn. Also disappointed in the Paul Campbell entry. I was looking forward to it, but I noticed he was really muted in the clip and it was a bummer.

And speaking of the preview show, was it me or did they switch hosts at the last minute? On the little thumbnail pick for the show, I have Kelly Pickler as the host and but they put in CCB. I wonder if they were listening to us poor folk who felt like we were cast members in Stephen King's Cell when watching the former preview show.

Oh and I saw the last weekend's premiere. It was okay. Good background noise while I was organizing the kitchen. It was basically an autumn version of Let It Snow right down to some scenes (picking out new clothes for Lindy's character) and lines (pick the blue, it goes with your eyes). It was rather forgettable for me. Since I'm ignoring next week's movie, I guess that's it for the autumn entries and new movies until Hallmark's superbowl season begins.

I would say again that I liked Under the Autumn Moon to some degree or another.   I still have not flat out disliked any of this year's Fall Harvest movies, but I didn't like this one as much as I hoped I would.    In print, Lindy Booth and Wes Brown seem like a good match for a movie.    I didn't sense that much of a spark between them, although there could be other viewers who felt they had great chemistry.   I can't say that it was a bad movie by any means, but I think it dragged on a bit in some places.   If we are comparing it to Let it Snow, I think Let it Snow was much better.

I will watch Love, Of Course with Cameron Mathison and Kelly Rutherford, with some trepidation.   I really like a lot of Cameron's Hallmark movies, but I don't know if I would have thought to put him with Kelly Rutherford.  Not sure about that pairing, but we'll see.

They didn't switch hosts for the previews, but what Hallmark did this year with their preview shows was very weird and confusing.  They should have stuck with what they did last year, and simply had one preview show for the Christmas movies on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and one preview show for the movies on the Hallmark Channel.  Last year they had Candace hosting one of them, and Holly Robinson Peete hosted the other one.    One for each channel is fine.   There was no reason for four preview specials.

This year, Hallmark did this kooky thing of airing the "First Look" preview special on the Hallmark Channel in July, hosted by Lacey Chabert and featuring 6 or 7 movies (one of which was "Marrying Father Christmas" from the HMM line-up).    Then, they decided to give us the "Second Look" preview special hosted by Kellie Pickler in September, which covered some of the same movies we already saw in the First Look special in July, including "Marrying Father Christmas" again.    And then they gave us the one-hour preview of HMM's lineup, featuring Candace as the host, which, again, included a clip of Marrying Father Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw Marrying Father Christmas yet again, in a 3rd preview special, I thought, "For the love of God, aren't there any other movies on HMM with clips you can show us?  Enough with Marrying Father Christmas already!!!!!!!"   I mean, how many times do we have to see clips of the same movie?    There are 15 movies premiering on HMM.  They should be able to come up with enough clips to where they can leave that one out!

So now we have the 4th preview special coming up on Saturday night, after Love, Of Course, and it is still featuring Kellie Pickler as the host, except this time the special is one hour long, instead of the 30 minutes we got from her in September.   It is supposedly only focusing on the Countdown to Christmas on the Hallmark Channel, but I would not be shocked if Hallmark manages to work in Marrying Father Christmas again!!   lol

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I would say again that I liked Under the Autumn Moon to some degree or another.   I still have not flat out disliked any of this year's Fall Harvest movies, but I didn't like this one as much as I hoped I would.    In print, Lindy Booth and Wes Brown seem like a good match for a movie.    I didn't sense that much of a spark between them, although there could be other viewers who felt they had great chemistry.   I can't say that it was a bad movie by any means, but I think it dragged on a bit in some places.   If we are comparing it to Let it Snow, I think Let it Snow was much better.

I will watch Love, Of Course with Cameron Mathison and Kelly Rutherford, with some trepidation.   I really like a lot of Cameron's Hallmark movies, but I don't know if I would have thought to put him with Kelly Rutherford.  Not sure about that pairing, but we'll see.

Yes! So this! I kept comparing the two when the similarities started popping up which also impacted my interest. But I agree about the chemistry. It's weird I felt more in the short clips in the promo than in the actual movie. 

Ooh. You know what's funny? I thought the Good Witch one was the last movie. I completely forgot about the Love, Of Course one which is kinda sad because I've seen the previews for it over and over. I guess my brain auto-rejected it from my watch list or something. I'm not too big of a Cameron Mathison fan and I've already seen enough of him this year with his new hosting gig and past movies so I may sit back and just hear what you guys have to say about it.

19 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

They didn't switch hosts for the previews, but what Hallmark did this year with their preview shows was very weird and confusing.

Seriously confusing! I forgot there was like fifty-million preview shows plus more in the works. I mean, we get it, Hallmark. People liked it last year so I guess they're running it into the ground this year. I thought it was cute at first with the other seasons but less is more. And yeah enough about Marrying Father Christmas, I have some xmas vids still taped from July that I watch on the DVR and I can never reach the fast forward button enough to bypass that promo. I'd rather hear about the other movies on my watchlist (with better clips, of course). Thanks for the explanation though. I cackled for like half a minute thinking she was replaced but it looks like Sling was just as confused as the rest of us.

• Love 1

Ok, someone needs to make a Hallmark Movie Bingo card. It would be much less liver killing than a drinking game. You can have spaces that include ...

• Outfit montage
  • Baking montage
  • Using napkin to wipe food of love interest's mouth

I'm sure there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

• Love 4

Here is a trailer for an upcoming Hallmark movie called Love Under the Rainbow.   I am guessing it will probably air somewhere between January and March of next year, but there is no set premiere date yet.   What's interesting to me is that it was not one of Hallmark's own productions.   Hallmark acquired this movie quite a while after it was filmed.   So, because this trailer was put together by the production company and not by Hallmark, and Hallmark acquired it post-filming, it has a slightly  different vibe to it than many of Hallmark's usual movies (at least to me it seems a bit different in the general tone of it).    It was written by someone who has written other things for Hallmark, and it was produced by a company that has made other movies that Hallmark premiered, and it stars two people who are no strangers to Hallmark, but it still seems like it's not a Hallmark movie to me, for some reason.

**Spoiler Warning:    This trailer shows a lot, so if you don't want to be spoiled at all (not that Hallmark movies are unpredictable), be aware that this trailer might spoil some things**:

Edited by TVFan17
added spoiler warning
13 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

That looks good, but it also feels like I just saw the whole movie.  I know there aren’t many surprises, but the trailer left nothing out.

It did seem like it was long and more in-depth than some trailers, didn't it?  I didn't even really watch it straight through to the end.  I kind of skipped ahead at different points, because it seemed like it was a more involved trailer than I anticipated.  

Edited by TVFan17
16 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Here is a trailer for an upcoming Hallmark movie called Love Under the Rainbow.   I am guessing it will probably air somewhere between January and March of next year, but there is no set premiere date yet.   What's interesting to me is that it was not one of Hallmark's own productions.   Hallmark acquired this movie quite a while after it was filmed.   So, because this trailer was put together by the production company and not by Hallmark, and Hallmark acquired it post-filming, it has a slightly  different vibe to it than many of Hallmark's usual movies (at least to me it seems a bit different in the general tone of it).    It was written by someone who has written other things for Hallmark, and it was produced by a company that has made other movies that Hallmark premiered, and it stars two people who are no strangers to Hallmark, but it still seems like it's not a Hallmark movie to me, for some reason.

**Spoiler Warning:    This trailer shows a lot, so if you don't want to be spoiled at all (not that Hallmark movies are unpredictable), be aware that this trailer might spoil some things**:

I looked it up on IMDB.   In addition to Jodie Sweetin, it also features Dakota Guppy, who played 'Younger Jodie Sweetin' in "The Unauthorized Full House Story", a 2015 Lifetime movie.   Not clear in this new movie, if she is playing Jodie's character in a flashback or a relative of her.

23 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

Ok, someone needs to make a Hallmark Movie Bingo card. It would be much less liver killing than a drinking game. You can have spaces that include ...

• Outfit montage
  • Baking montage
  • Using napkin to wipe food of love interest's mouth

I'm sure there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

You can also add someone saying "Do you two know each other?" or other variations of it. I keep hearing that line over and over again.

Also, the interrupted first kiss and the blank stare into each other's eyes before one or the other changes the subject to break the silence.

I usually play Hallmark Christmas Bingo but this might be fun, too, hehe.

• Love 4