Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

New peeve:
Guy walking on the beach, spitting, where people are swimming and children are playing.

IDK. Maybe it's just me.
I mean, there are dogs there too. And who knows when kids on the beach let go when they have to? 

I need to find a pool to swim in that isn't so chlorinated it sets my eyes and lungs on fire. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

New peeve:
Guy walking on the beach, spitting, where people are swimming and children are playing.

IDK. Maybe it's just me.
I mean, there are dogs there too. And who knows when kids on the beach let go when they have to? 

I need to find a pool to swim in that isn't so chlorinated it sets my eyes and lungs on fire. 

Gross.  And the guy spitting should know better than to do it during a pandemic.  

• Love 5

New peeve:

IDK. Maybe it's just me.

NO. Spitting is a deliberate (and likely completely unnecessary) decision by a grown man! Kids and pets are not held to the same standard--though their caretakers could probably decide to take them somewhere more out of the way if it's not some kind of dire and immediate need (unlike, say, spitting all over the place. Come on!). 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

NO. Spitting is a deliberate (and likely completely unnecessary) decision by a grown man! Kids and pets are not held to the same standard--though their caretakers could probably decide to take them somewhere more out of the way if it's not some kind of dire and immediate need (unlike, say, spitting all over the place. Come on!). 

Yes!  Even cultures which historically accepted spitting (though always into a spittoon…at least in more polite society) have stopped.  There’s a dim sum restaurant in Hong Kong (or was one) that has been there for decades and my dad told me told me they used to have spittoons at each table.  Not anymore, because it’s now in acceptable. 

Two out of three of the sinks in the bathroom at my gym/social club did not have soap when I was there today.  They need to keep this in check considering everyone is washing their hands more frequently! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I've noticed that as well.  A bunch of different commercials, while irritating aren't nearly as aggravating as the exact same commercials being shown over again in the same break.

Along with this I've noticed constant promos - often a promo for the show I am currently watching.  I mean do they really need to promote the program you are already  watching during the commercial breaks of the program you are already watching?  Seriously?

It is intentional.  My sis sells tv/radio advertising.  It's all a big psychological game.  She and I can't discuss her work as it repulses me, lol.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2021 at 3:04 PM, Mindthinkr said:

@bilgistic They once sent me some kind of glue when I had ordered those yellow replacement parts to go into my hummingbird feeder. They wanted the glue returned. I told them I was not considering leaving my house to find a UPS to ship it back on my dime. They said no worries. They told me to leave it outside my front door on a certain day and they arranged for UPS to pick it up, package it, and mail it back while expediting what I did order to me. I felt bad for the UPS guy as he had to do all the work so I left him a gift card for some local (Jersey Mike’s) sandwich shop for his time and inconvenience. He was so happy with me that he gave me a “code” knock so that anytime he delivers I know he has come because I hear that special knock. Next time tell them you want that option. 

I told that story to my Son who was an UPS Driver for many years until he got a spine problem from lifting those heavy things.  Nobody knows what they endure everyday.  He had daily over 200 stops, rain, sleet, snow, no air conditioning.  Drivers throw up.  It’s the hardest job ever.  You did a wonderful thing for him and he won’t forget your kindness. 👍

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I told that story to my Son who was an UPS Driver for many years until he got a spine problem from lifting those heavy things.  Nobody knows what they endure everyday.  He had daily over 200 stops, rain, sleet, snow, no air conditioning.  Drivers throw up.  It’s the hardest job ever.  You did a wonderful thing for him and he won’t forget your kindness. 👍

Responded with sad face above because of empathy for chronic pain due to too much lifting (kids, bulk food, etc.).

• Love 5
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Responded with sad face above because of empathy for chronic pain due to too much lifting (kids, bulk food, etc.).

I know exactly what you mean.  Besides needing a second back fusion, I have had sciatic leg pain for four weeks now.  Worse pain than labor.  Had about 20 epidural steroid shots yesterday near my spine.  Not working yet.  Sorry for being a downer.  I feel for you too.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Guy walking on the beach, spitting,

My ex-husband used to spit all the time, in parking lots, on sidewalks, at parks and beaches. I don't understand the need to spit, can't you just swallow your saliva?? Other than when a bug inadvertently flies into my mouth I don't think I have ever spit.

It's a big pet peeve when I'm running a race and another runner spits, there are people within inches, wtf???? So gross!!!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Definitely not your imagination.  I call it the reward those of us sticking with cable are getting for sticking with cable.  It's like they actually want us to cancel.

I would definitely pay more money to eliminate commercials.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

People have the right to do what they want to do with their own body.  I don't have to like it, but it is their right, and I have to respect that.

It goes beyond their rights over their own body when they catch and spread Covid, potentially killing someone else.  I don't care it they take chances with their own life but they are a danger to others.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BexKeps said:

My ex-husband used to spit all the time, in parking lots, on sidewalks, at parks and beaches. I don't understand the need to spit, can't you just swallow your saliva?? Other than when a bug inadvertently flies into my mouth I don't think I have ever spit.

It's a big pet peeve when I'm running a race and another runner spits, there are people within inches, wtf???? So gross!!!

I hope that one day they spit onto a spot that, immediately after and unbeknownst to them, becomes an active crime scene! Take that!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I hope that one day they spit onto a spot that, immediately after and unbeknownst to them, becomes an active crime scene! Take that!

Oooo! I at least want to see a fictional version of that!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

"You're not getting out if it this time Mr. Phlem! DNA doesn't lie!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I once knew someone with a very bad saliva problem who constantly drooled over his lower lip like Niagara Falls to the point it was hard to talk to them without having to pretend the salivary room elephant wasn't stomping.  I'm not sure he ever tried to get medical assistance for it or even if there was any kind of cure.

Still, I agree for the majority of us who CAN control their saliva output, it's best to swallow if one's not standing next to a commode at the time! 

• Love 3

Oooo! I at least want to see a fictional version of that!

I often think of a similar scenario if I lose a loose piece of hair (which i am always doing, as evidenced by our vacuum). What if a bird takes it and drops it into a murder?!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

News pet peeve:  I absolutely do not care who has been evicted from Big Brother so why do I keep seeing this on my news feed?  I hit "hide" from one news source and it shows up again from another.  First world problem I know but sheesh.  My only thought with regard to Big Brother is bemusement that it is still on the air.  I guess my peeve though isn't with that program but with the way  my so called "tailored for your interests" newsfeed doesn't actually care what my interests actually are!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was just about to rant about FB ads today! I feel like they're at a "normal" (yet still annoying) level for a few weeks and then, all of a sudden, they go wild! Like today, for instance, I have hidden a million of them -- and 90% of them have NOTHING to do with me! I have no interest in online gaming, so why those? I am vegan, so I don't need meat-related things. I rarely wear makeup, so I don't have any interest in those. I am not going back to school, so I don't care about online colleges...and I don't really talk about these things either, so the spooky social media "ears" wouldn't have heard anything!

Facebook used to have a section where you could uncheck stuff from a list of topics FB thought you would care about (and it even explained why it thought that), but that feature is gone. 

My boyfriend and I have a game (well, mostly me) where we repeatedly yell out random phrases that make no logical sense or just something that neither of us would ever be shopping for (online or in real life) just to see if similar things appear in our FB feeds in the future.

ETA: Since I posted this comment, I have had ads for contacts (don't wear them and never will), dog food (don't have a dog, but maybe someday), senior living communities (not old enough [and probably not wealthy enough!]), and kids' clothing (I have no kids).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

What I've been getting all day are ads for various places that make personalized gifts.  T Shirts, mugs and the like that you can put your name on or whatever.  It's nuts.  One ad after another - who knew so many places provided this 'service'??

• Love 1

I've got really sick of them since they seemed to have increased exponentially in the last year or two.

In case you're interested in turning your Facebook ads off, I use this: https://www.fbpurity.com

It's a browser extension, so you will have to add it to all your devices. 

No more ads! It's free but you can donate if you like.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I actually just read about it a little bit after trying to Google something like “why do these ads have nothing to do with meeeeee?!?!?!”

OOOH, they're on a tear now--maybe they're mad at me. Now I am getting all kinds of weight loss ads. Listen here, FB: I may be a little (a lot?) mushy, but I weigh like 120 pounds! Do they not know by now that there are way better ways to lure me to buy shit?!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

My dad makes deliveries, too. He switched to a route that's mostly mail bags for post offices, and then other deliveries on top of that, but they are the priority. They're really heavy, and I worry about him.

He used to deliver in Amish country. Some had long driveways that went up a big hill, not cleared of ice and snow. He once refused to try one driveway, because it was too dangerous for him, so he took the parcel to the post office, and mailed it again himself. I actually wondered if the people picked it up from the post office. This was about six or seven years ago. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 4

There's some saying about "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" or something like that. This is just my opinion, but it applies to only one of these "body" scenarios (which I don't view as at all congruent).

I'm definitely not about to yell and scream for mandatory vaccination, but for what it's worth (nothing?), for months, a whole subset of us were subjected to an "if you're so scared, then don't go anywhere" mindset from another subset who couldn't be bothered to even try to help out in this shit-show without whining. So maybe now, if they are so scared (of masks and/or vaccines), they should turn that advice on themselves and stay home while the rest of us take precautions in the hope of undoing some of this hellscape and moving forward. Again, just my opinion; I am not an epidemiologist and I don't even play one on TV.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

There's some saying about "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" or something like that. This is just my opinion, but it applies to only one of these "body" scenarios (which I don't view as at all congruent).

I'm definitely not about to yell and scream for mandatory vaccination, but for what it's worth (nothing?), for months, a whole subset of us were subjected to an "if you're so scared, then don't go anywhere" mindset from another subset who couldn't be bothered to even try to help out in this shit-show without whining. So maybe now, if they are so scared (of masks and/or vaccines), they should turn that advice on themselves and stay home while the rest of us take precautions in the hope of undoing some of this hellscape and moving forward. Again, just my opinion; I am not an epidemiologist and I don't even play one on TV.

I said the exact same thing to people I know, last week. Two of them are always telling me to stay home, if I'm scared. I would like to go to the movies again, someday. I would like to go to a silly county fair again, even if it is mainly to see the animals, and eat food that you usually only find at fairs (at least in my area). 

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Back to Facebook ads: vitiligo treatment?! I am reasonably confident that I have never uttered or looked up anything about vitiligo, ever!

Any chance you looked up something about Winnie Harlow?

On 8/6/2021 at 7:11 PM, Anela said:

I said the exact same thing to people I know, last week. Two of them are always telling me to stay home, if I'm scared. I would like to go to the movies again, someday. I would like to go to a silly county fair again, even if it is mainly to see the animals, and eat food that you usually only find at fairs (at least in my area). 

On 8/6/2021 at 7:14 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah, it's funny how the desire to do normal things is valid from only one point of view, isn't it?

Exactly. Anti-vaxxers’ argument of “my body my choice” is complete crap because it ISN’T just their dumb asses on the line, it’s everyone else’s who can’t get the vaccination like children and the elderly. You can do whatever you want with your body as long as it doesn’t hurt or risk anyone else’s life. Simply put, their arrogant ignorance is hurting other people. And the fact they have the nerve to call us paranoid just because we want to do normal things without worrying about getting infected is infuriating.

On 8/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, icemiser69 said:

All I am looking for is consistency.  Either people have the right to do what they want with their own bodies or they don't.

See above. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 18

It's not just the not getting vaccinated part anymore that bugs me. 

It's also the fact they don't want anyone else to be able to adjust their own businesses as a result of their dumbass choices.  No you can't deny me the right to eat here. You can't deny my right to a job even though I put others at risk. You can't single me out for my dumb choice. 

Yes I can.  I adjust for dumbasses. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

It's also the fact they don't want anyone else to be able to adjust their own businesses as a result of their dumbass choices.  No you can't deny me the right to eat here. You can't deny my right to a job even though I put others at risk. You can't single me out for my dumb choice. 

Yep.  Big issue here is whether places can mandate that their employees be vaccinated. The only place here I know of for sure that is going to do this isn't firing anyone - the unvaccinated will have to have a weekly Covid test and/or job changes so they aren't working face to face with the public.     My niece is a nurse, fully vaccinated, who still has to have a weekly Covid test because she can't avoid contact with covidiots.  So today's pet peeve - people who can make their own life easier but refuse to do it and that makes other people's lives just that much harder.  

• Love 12

It’s my choice to use my body to peer into unsuspecting people’s windows, cut lines at amusement parks, climb monkey bars in the nude, sunbathe on top of other people’s cars, run into oncoming traffic, and rob 7-11s too. But people never seem to like any of those things! Haha, I’m sorry—I know those are terrible examples!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

It seems I'm incredibly anti-social given the reaction of two other people (my boyfriend and friend) with whom I've discussed this. Which, yes, I am, but I don't think I'm too weird for thinking how I think about this topic.

The backstory: I got on the elevator to leave work the other day and some grown fratboy type (polo, khakis, loafers) in his 50s was also on the elevator with me (all black clothing, platform sandals). He said to me, "So you're a rebel, too?" Me: "What??" Him: "You don't have your mask on in the common areas." Me: "Ohh. Well, I'm vaccinated, but yeah, the variants are scary." (I had actually forgotten my mask.) We leave the elevator. I literally see only one person a day in the "common areas" because so few people work in our building (and office; I was the only person there Friday, but that's another peeve.)

Dudes. Don't talk to women you don't know in elevators. Especially with a weird line like that. My boyfriend and I got into this big discussion about it and he basically said he talks to strangers to try to make them feel "at ease". I told him it has the opposite effect, and people (especially women) are doing OK on their own. Generally speaking, women don't want random men's input in anything (including whether or not we're smiling), and it's best if you just keep to yourself.

I discussed this with my friend and she doesn't feel the way I do. She says she talks to people on elevators and thinks it's weird that I think it's intrusive. I have pretty severe social anxiety and am a big introvert, so that all definitely plays a part in my feelings. My interactions with people, whether direct or indirect (like if people are being loud in the office), no matter how small, deplete my finite supply of energy I have to deal with them. I don't feel like indulging Chad in the elevator as well. Just leave me alone.

Am I weird or do y'all also want to be left the hell alone in public?

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 7

For me, it depends on what people are saying.

1. You're a rebel? Hell no.

2. You look nice. Hell no.

3. Nice weather today, sure.

1 and 2 are comments about me while you don't know me. 3 is harmless small talk and noise to pass the awkward time in the elevator. 1 and 2 make it worse. 3 at best makes it better, at worst, it changes nothing.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

You're not weird.  Or maybe we're both weird --  I'd prefer to be left alone, too.  The exception might be if someone asks me what the queue is for and where the end is.  Otherwise, I'm good.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, supposebly said:

For me, it depends on what people are saying.

1. You're a rebel? Hell no.

2. You look nice. Hell no.

3. Nice weather today, sure.

1 and 2 are comments about me while you don't know me. 3 is harmless small talk and noise to pass the awkward time in the elevator. 1 and 2 make it worse. 3 at best makes it better, at worst, it changes nothing.

I don't even think an elevator is that awkward. I don't know the other passengers and they don't know me. Unless the power goes out, someone has a medical emergency, or one of us is possessed and we have to figure out who it is, we have no reason to talk to one another. We're probably not going to see each other again. Is everyone so starved for attention that they have to talk to everyone all the time?

Yes, I hold elevators for people. I just don't chitchat with them when we ride upstairs.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Generally speaking, women don't want random men's input in anything (including whether or not we're smiling), and it's best if you just keep to yourself.

As Julia Sugarbaker (Designing Women) explained in the fabulous "There's no need for introductions, Ray Don, we know who you are" dismissal:

You're the guy who's always wherever women gather or try to be alone.  You want to eat with us when we're dining in hotels, you want to know if the book we're reading is any good, or if you can keep us company on the plane.  And I want to thank you, Ray Don, on behalf of all the women in the world, for your unfailing attention and concern.  But read my lips and remember, as hard as it is to believe, sometimes we like talking just to each other, and sometimes we like just being alone.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Nope, I'm the same way. I agree there may be occasional moments where it depends on the kind of talk, but yeah, for the most part, if I'm keeping to myself, there's probably a reason for that. And a comment like the kind that guy made, about being a "rebel" for not wearing a mask, would be more than enough to put me off wanting to talk to them any further, too.

I also agree with your point that a lot of women tend to be kinda wary of strange men just randomly deciding to chat them up in public like that. 

• Love 10

I took a course once where there was one of those personality tests,  The instructor told me that they were surprised that i tested as an introvert because I was so extroverted in the class.  Basically said that people learn to behave in the way that gets them rewarded but it zaps the energy of an introvert to act as an extrovert.  So basically my job has resulted in me putting an extrovert mask and in the moment in never ever bothers me.  I'm perfectly fine with chatting with anyone.  I probably won't initiate it but I'll engage in the exchange and be genuinely fine with it.

But I have to I recharge like a hermit on weekends.

I sometimes wish I could find a job that I can figure out how to be more introverted so I could have enough energy to be less introverted outside of the work week, but for the life of me I can't figure out what job that would be.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ParadoxLost said:

So basically my job has resulted in me putting an extrovert mask and in the moment in never ever bothers me.  I'm perfectly fine with chatting with anyone.  I probably won't initiate it but I'll engage in the exchange and be genuinely fine with it.

But I have to I recharge like a hermit on weekends.

Fellow introvert, and I've been there. I've worked retail, so yeah, I could chat with people when needed, talk on the phone, have conversations with co-workers, all that sort of thing.

But once I had some time to myself, I very much enjoyed having that time to myself. Sometimes the days when we weren't that busy were kinda nice in that regard, 'cause then I could just quietly focus on my work. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

No. Not weird. But since there will be both well meaning people and jerks who will try to talk to you, it will ultimately be less stressful (IMO) if you have a few responses handy.  
For example, maybe:

• No response / ignore 
  • “Sorry, I have to take this call” (while putting your phone up to your ear and maybe making some vague remarks)
  • [Mom’s favorite] “I’m not interested.”
  • Short answers like: “Yes,” “no,” “I don’t know,” “sure,” or “maybe so.”

I have a daughter who went to NYU on a scholarship in 2001. She still lives in Manhattan, in part because people in NYC don’t talk to each other very often because it would be exhausting for even the most outgoing person to even nod at everyone whose path crosses theirs.  

And now, I would appreciate some input:   
I have a pretty high tolerance for small talk, but catcalling is not conversation. 
Now that I’m deep into senior citizen age, I don’t get construction workers yelling at me, but when I go for a swim at the beach before it gets too crowded, children seem to see me as a target, presumably because I’m alone.  Sometimes they just seem to think as an adult in the water I should be there to give them attention since their minders don’t want to be in the water.  
But a couple of days ago some middle school boys were yelling repeatedly, “Are you a man or a woman?” as I was swimming laps about a 100 feet out. A couple of times I responded with “Yes!” (although I wanted to yell “mermaid!”). 
Soon the mom/minder gathered up their stuff and left with them.

So this is a new thing? 
Yelling at single people: “Are you a man or a woman?”???  
My daughter in NYC says she hears it too and responds, “No.”     

This is just rude and offensive, right? 

• Love 4

Talking to people on planes. Sometimes a conversation naturally occurs and two individuals want to have said conversation, like the time I gave my aisle seat to a guy in the middle seat, who turned out to be a pro football player and the other time when it was an emergency room doctor who told me about all the bizarre names for babies. 
On the opposite side, 1) I was traveling, stuck in the middle seat and working because I had a huge deadline and  the person in the window seat (wearing pajamas) kept talking to me while it was obvious I was working and the other time I was flying and obviously working where the person next to me spent 3.5 hours talking about sugar gliders.

Seriously, just learn to read a row. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Talking to people on planes. Sometimes a conversation naturally occurs and two individuals want to have said conversation, like the time I gave my aisle seat to a guy in the middle seat, who turned out to be a pro football player and the other time when it was an emergency room doctor who told me about all the bizarre names for babies. 
On the opposite side, 1) I was traveling, stuck in the middle seat and working because I had a huge deadline and  the person in the window seat (wearing pajamas) kept talking to me while it was obvious I was working and the other time I was flying and obviously working where the person next to me spent 3.5 hours talking about sugar gliders.

Seriously, just learn to read a row. 

Maybe on planes, we should have signs that say "up for chats" and "not up for chats."  If you have the former sign up, people should only speak to you if you need to get by them or some other simple request.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Maybe on planes, we should have signs that say "up for chats" and "not up for chats."  If you have the former sign up, people should only speak to you if you need to get by them or some other simple request.

I like this so much!!!

• Love 4

And now, I would appreciate some input:   

I have a pretty high tolerance for small talk, but catcalling is not conversation. 
Now that I’m deep into senior citizen age, I don’t get construction workers yelling at me, but when I go for a swim at the beach before it gets too crowded, children seem to see me as a target, presumably because I’m alone.  Sometimes they just seem to think as an adult in the water I should be there to give them attention since their minders don’t want to be in the water.  
But a couple of days ago some middle school boys were yelling repeatedly, “Are you a man or a woman?” as I was swimming laps about a 100 feet out. A couple of times I responded with “Yes!” (although I wanted to yell “mermaid!”). 
Soon the mom/minder gathered up their stuff and left with them.

So this is a new thing? 
Yelling at single people: “Are you a man or a woman?”???  
My daughter in NYC says she hears it too and responds, “No.”     

This is just rude and offensive, right? 

This is atrocious.

• Love 6

Not weird at all, @Bastet, though I can go either way with it—sometimes I’ll talk, other times no. And for some weird reason, if it’s an old guy who mentions my appearance or calls me sweetie or something, I’m generally more tolerant. (I know I probably shouldn’t be, but I feel like they are just being…whatever they’re being “innocently.”)

As for catcalling, WTF?! I often want to respond with “Oh, hey, yeah!” just to see them cringe.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bilgistic said:

As a fellow introvert, I echo everyone else saying you're not weird. Unless people ask some productive question like what's the time, who is the last in line or what bus stop to get off when you need to get somewhere, people should not talk to strangers, IMO. And it's worse when you are in a place that you can't escape, like waiting for a doctor's appointment and some old lady starts talking to you about all her health problems. I get that she probably lives alone and doesn't have anyone to talk to, but that's not my fault. In such situations, I usually envy people who have headphones constantly on. I don't like them and I would be too scared to use them outside when I need to hear the traffic, but I sometimes wish I used them, because noone seems to bother people when they have them on.

• Love 4