Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

"I’d much rather eat pasta and drink wine then be a size zero.“image.png.7b894f6572270d15d120a3a668bb57bc.png

Yes! I am all about "fed girl summer" and everyone who has a body already has a beach body. You have a body, take it to the beach!

For those people with bodies, who prefer swimwear designed for a woman's body, I cannot recommend the Calia line (by Carrie Underwood) at Dick's Sporting goods enough. So many styles, cuts, mix and match 2 pieces, one pieces and they hold your boobs in place! Target's swimwear game has also been on point for the past few years. Scout yourself some of their coupons (they'll take an image on your phone) and get a great deal!

Since this is the peeve thread, my peeve is not people who are insecure, or are dealing with body issues that prevent them from going to the beach, etc... I feel so much empathy for everyone. It's those who judge people with the "just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it" attitude. 

image.thumb.png.e9a24d15e4a24288e554c17674ba2fb1.png

• Love 11
5 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

When she announced the name of her belly roll, she said its name was "Esther...Esther Roll" and I wondered if she realized who Esther Rolle was.  Esther Rolle played Florida, the housekeeper on "Maude" who eventually got her own show, "Good Times". 

Yes, that's why she picked Esther when naming her roll, because of Esther Rolle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

My pet peeve: Leaves Every where there are leaves and they keep coming....booby trap wire GIF

I have two large camellias next to my front walk. I have pruned them to be trees, so the form a canopy over the walk. Today I went out an swept up about six gallons worth of fallen flowers now that they getting to the end of their blooming cycle. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I have two large camellias next to my front walk.

That sounds utterly gorgeous.

Our house is surrounded by acres of woods. Lots of evergreens, so no droppage from those. The rest of them, the leaves fall and then rot beneath the snow. Free compost. If we raked, we wouldn't have time to do anything else. Ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, LexieLily said:

At this point I might as well do it myself, right? 

Actually, speaking as someone who spent many years working in the financial industry, at this point you need to find a different investment advisor. There is no excuse for 1. not calling you back in a timely manner, 2. (and this is a big red flag to me) not knowing what you need to do to open an IRA without doing research. Are you sure this person is licensed?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

Actually, speaking as someone who spent many years working in the financial industry, at this point you need to find a different investment advisor. There is no excuse for 1. not calling you back in a timely manner, 2. (and this is a big red flag to me) not knowing what you need to do to open an IRA without doing research. Are you sure this person is licensed?

My paperwork says he is a Certified Financial Planner. He said on the phone he'd need to do some research to find out a good place for me to open one. Methinks he's under the assumption I want him to manage it for me like he's been doing my taxable account. When I called him the first time to ask for his advice/tell him what I wanted to do he wanted to confirm with me that I knew what an IRA was and the difference between Roth and Traditional. Lol. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

My paperwork says he is a Certified Financial Planner. He said on the phone he'd need to do some research to find out a good place for me to open one. Methinks he's under the assumption I want him to manage it for me like he's been doing my taxable account. When I called him the first time to ask for his advice/tell him what I wanted to do he wanted to confirm with me that I knew what an IRA was and the difference between Roth and Traditional. Lol. 

So all he does is financial planning but somehow doesn't know a good place to open an IRA? Nobody else he handles financial planning for has an IRA? This is a brand new experience for him? Okaaaaay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, GaT said:

So all he does is financial planning but somehow doesn't know a good place to open an IRA? Nobody else he handles financial planning for has an IRA? This is a brand new experience for him? Okaaaaay.

I have no idea. The card I have for him says he is an 'investment adviser' representative and the only communication I have with him outside the monthly/quarterly statements is a phone call once a year where nothing much is said because I never had any questions and he always encouraged me to stay the course on my investments. 

• Useful 2
59 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I have no idea. The card I have for him says he is an 'investment adviser' representative and the only communication I have with him outside the monthly/quarterly statements is a phone call once a year where nothing much is said because I never had any questions and he always encouraged me to stay the course on my investments. 

This person sounds sketchy AF. Is he with Primerica?? Is he a fiduciary?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

This person sounds sketchy AF. Is he with Primerica?? Is he a fiduciary?

I don't know? I don't know what Primerica is - or a fiduciary, honestly. He is a Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative of Equity Services, Inc. and offers securities in Texas.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know? I don't know what Primerica is -. He is a Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative of Equity Services, Inc. and offers securities in Texas.

Primerica is a multi-level marketing scam full of "financial planners" who don't have real training and their entire model is to recruit more people.

or a fiduciary, honestly

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fiduciary.asp

A fiduciary is a person or organization that acts on behalf of another person or persons, putting their clients' interests ahead of their own, with a duty to preserve good faith and trust. Being a fiduciary thus requires being bound both legally and ethically to act in the other's best interests.

I strongly encourage you to research your financial person or find a new one. Most banks offer some financial planning with people they have vetted. 

Here is some information about "Equity Services, INC". It's not an investment firm. It's a broker dealer.

Investment professionals rely on a partnership with a broker-dealer in order to help serve their clients. Just as hospitals provide the support structure physicians and surgeons need to practice medicine, broker-dealers also serve many important functions on behalf of financial practitioners and their clients. This is why it is imperative that investment professionals conduct their practices through an experienced broker-dealer such as Equity Services, Inc. (ESI).

For example, a broker-dealer provides a support staff and technology platforms to execute the recommendations an adviser and their client agree to implement. ESI provides access to the infrastructure to buy, sell, service and report on a vast array of investment solutions.

ESI has an outstanding team of dedicated professionals and has contracted with some of the nation’s largest and most reputable financial firms to carry out some of these critical functions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Thanks for sharing that info @theredhead77. Honestly, I find all of this so confusing. I have just started working with a financial advisor and there is so much to think about. My friend has been working with this person for years so I feel pretty comfortable with him (she and I have similar views on money and are fairly conservative). It’s scary to entrust someone else with managing my money, but I don’t have the expertise to do it myself. He did recommend some resources for me to learn more, so I have some homework to do.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Since this is the peeve thread, my peeve is not people who are insecure, or are dealing with body issues that prevent them from going to the beach, etc... I feel so much empathy for everyone. It's those who judge people with the "just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it" attitude.

Well said. I think the worst thing we women do to each other is judge. We are constantly told that thin=beauty and we absorb that as a mindset. I have spent the last 10 years reminding myself that women of all sizes are beautiful, and while I am not pleased with what I see in the mirror I refuse to hide under sweatshirts and loose-fitting tops/pants. If you see me running and my jiggly belly 'grosses you out', then look the other way. We have enough things to worry about, the fact that we aren't 110lbs shouldn't be one of them. 

@theredhead77 very interesting information on financial planners. I am approaching retirement age and have been contemplating meeting with someone to make sure I'm on track so I appreciate this very much!

• Love 9
(edited)
23 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Yes! I am all about "fed girl summer" and everyone who has a body already has a beach body. You have a body, take it to the beach!

For those people with bodies, who prefer swimwear designed for a woman's body, I cannot recommend the Calia line (by Carrie Underwood) at Dick's Sporting goods enough. So many styles, cuts, mix and match 2 pieces, one pieces and they hold your boobs in place! Target's swimwear game has also been on point for the past few years. Scout yourself some of their coupons (they'll take an image on your phone) and get a great deal!

image.thumb.png.e9a24d15e4a24288e554c17674ba2fb1.png

I am insecure over my body - even when I was in shape, I wore shorts with my swimsuit, because I had cellulite and stretch marks. I was recently wishing that I could just think of my belly as magnificent - same with my thighs and butt. :) I remember seeing a tweet from someone, about their little girl, stating something like her legs were too powerful for her pants. I love it. I haven't been swimming for years.

Peeve = sub-tweeting. Just saw someone I know doing it. She's done it twice today, and I don't know to whom it's directed, but it bugged me. I'm going to let it go now... this has been a good day, for several reasons. 

Just now, Anela said:

Quoted myself, instead of editing. 😑

Edited by Anela
(edited)
7 hours ago, BexKeps said:

We are constantly told that thin=beauty and we absorb that as a mindset.

It makes me so sad how often I see/hear "She has the perfect body" about some skinny - not just thin, skinny - celebrity.  Which brings me to another peeve, using "skinny" as interchangeable with "thin".  They're not the same; skinny means very thin.  In fact, one of its definitions is emaciated.  Which brings me to my bigger peeve with how the word is used --  skinny should never be a goal, because there is no healthy way to make a body that is not naturally skinny into skinny.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:01 PM, theredhead77 said:

everyone who has a body already has a beach body. You have a body, take it to the beach!

Thank you!

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

I was watching Friends last night and I wondered where Courtney Cox keeps her internal organs.

You should see her in person (the camera does make people look larger, so some celebrities look skeletal in person).  Jennifer Aniston is bad enough, but Courteney Cox is actually painful to look at.  It's sad.  And such a horrible loop, what society and the entertainment industry in particular does to women, and then women within that industry who've whittled themselves down to nothing being all over TV, film, and magazines makes that seem "normal" to society at large.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

(I should say I haven't seen either of them in person since the days of Friends, but having watched the latest Scream, I don't think Cox likely looks much different today.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think the body positivity movement is wonderful. I think the attitude has gotten much healthier since the 90s and early 2000s regarding bigger bodies and curves, even if we now have more pressure to have bigger boobs and butts. 

But one of my pet peeves is sometimes people don't seem to believe that some folks really are genuinely smaller and couldn't be lusciously curvy even if they tried. So even though I want the Sophia Lorens and Christina Hendricks of the world to be celebrated and not shamed for not being size 0s, a lot of us can't look like that either. Some people talk like 'oh curves are great. Men like a curvier body over super skinny one." I do have hips and a waist, but my frame is small for a tall lady. (To give you an idea, my band size is around 30-32, more typical for short women.) I have dealt with an eating disorder when I was younger, and I make a point to keep enough weight on. But my healthy weight is still going to be less than most women my height. 

Another pet peeve, and I swear this is not a humble brag, is vanity sizing. At places like H&M, trust me, my butt will not fit into their smallest jeans. But sometimes I have a hard time finding work dresses that aren't too big for me at department stores. I know it's a pain when you are plus size and can't find stuff, but sometimes people think thin women easily find clothes. Not true. Oh and it's also a pet peeve that so many cute dresses and skirts are cut for women around 5'2". 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

But sometimes I have a hard time finding work dresses that aren't too big for me at department stores. I know it's a pain when you are plus size and can't find stuff, but sometimes people think thin women easily find clothes. Not true. Oh and it's also a pet peeve that so many cute dresses and skirts are cut for women around 5'2". 

I don’t even bother with department store dresses, the fit is too weird.  I was a huge fan of Ann Taylor Loft pre-Covid, now all their clothes seem weird and baggy, I always bought dresses from them and always had to buy Petite XS or Petite XXS despite being 5’6” because their regular size dresses would swim on me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh, and I just read something about it not being uncommon to get clumsier at the onset of and during menopause. So, on top of the fact that our bodies and bones become more fragile, we ourselves become an added danger to them?! What the hell, man? 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, partofme said:

I don’t even bother with department store dresses, the fit is too weird.  I was a huge fan of Ann Taylor Loft pre-Covid, now all their clothes seem weird and baggy, I always bought dresses from them and always had to buy Petite XS or Petite XXS despite being 5’6” because their regular size dresses would swim on me. 

I was at TJ maxx today.  All the dresses are baggy and frilly this year.  

I’m going to add to the clothing related pet peeves. Mine: few options for jeans that aren’t high rise. Everything is high rise or super high rise. I am short-waisted, so high rise jeans basically come up to my boobs. I hate them so much, but almost everything is high-rise these days. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I was watching Friends last night and I wondered where Courtney Cox keeps her internal organs.

image.png.f3c06ec76fdad46382f5b6f254db006c.png 

I'll be honest, this bugged me. I'm not down with body shaming a person whether they are big or small. You never know what someone is going through. 

I looked like Courtney Cox when I was in the middle of dealing with Graves disease. I had a friend who had Ehlers Danlos and was even skinnier than Cox, her disease completely screwed up her metabolism and she was never able to gain weight. I can't tell you the nasty looks, mean comments ("why don't you just eat a cheeseburger already," "she definitely has an eating disorder"), and judgement that comes when you're underweight. It's probably just as bad when you're overweight. 

I'm not trying to pick on anyone but society in general needs to knock it off when it comes to judging people's appearances. You never know what that person is dealing with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

There's a commercial on for Old Navy right now and they are featuring women dressed in long, shapeless dresses paired with, in at least one case, what at a quick glance looks like white socks and running shoes.  I wondered if this was from the 19 Kids and Counting Collection.

Edited by SusanM
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm not trying to pick on anyone but society in general needs to knock it off when it comes to judging people's appearances. You never know what that person is dealing with. 

You are correct.  Body shaming isn't exclusive to large people.  It takes a while to re-educate folks wrt cultural norms.  Large strides have been made, but miles still to go.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, SusanM said:

There's a commercial on for Old Navy right now and they are featuring women dressed in long, shapeless dresses paired with, in at least one case, what at a quick glance looks like white socks and running shoes.  I wondered if this was from the 19 Kids and Counting Collection.

These dresses are part of a pandemic related shift to comfy clothes. These dresses are called nap dresses or something like that by a fashion-conscious friend of mine. 
I bought two dresses at TJ, and I have to return one. I never try on in the store as it’s easy enough for me to drop by and return. Ugly!  Looked like something Cinderella would wear pre ball.  Or some babushka from the shtetl. 

• Useful 3

I bought a couple sweatshirt dresses from Old Navy, recently.  It’s what I THOUGHT I wanted.  Something loose and comfy to go over leggings and be “presentable”.  I knew they wouldn’t be attractive, but they are even worse than I thought they would be.  I call them my “Dresses of Despair”.  

This is an extremely petty peeve, but for some reason I can’t shake my irritation.  The toilet handle broke inside the tank.  It was a clean break.  The apartment repair guy came while I was out and fixed it.  DH likes to use cleaning tabs in the tank.  

The work order completion form has the following sentences: “Replaced handle.  Please do not put cleaner in tank, it will corrode any plastic it comes in contact with.”  

Umm…, seriously (?!?).  I know the person is an idiot, but the non-necessary, and totally incorrect AUTHORITATIVE statement really bugs me.  I guess I should be happy that he used the word “please” in there.  ROLLEYES!!  Perhaps now that I have thrown that tidbit out into the universe, I can let it go.  It’s been bugging me far more than it should!

• Love 1

Gah. Peeve of the day. Vendor who responds to an email by saying "give me a call, or you can text at XXX", and then I text (even though I'd rather email, but since they gave me options of call or text I thought I was being considerate by choosing one of the options offered) and they text back saying "give me a call". 

9 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m going to add to the clothing related pet peeves. Mine: few options for jeans that aren’t high rise. Everything is high rise or super high rise. I am short-waisted, so high rise jeans basically come up to my boobs. I hate them so much, but almost everything is high-rise these days. 

I'm very short waisted. The waist band in low-rise jeans is right at my belly button. Old Navy has "sky-high rise" jeans. The waist on those would be at my neck! No one but thin women look decent in high-rise jeans. No one looks good in them. This is a hill upon which I will die.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I prefer jeans that sit at my waist, and cover my poochy belly and butt crack, and I will die on that hill.  I always feel like low-rise jeans are falling off.

Third. I have a long waist so high waisted jeans feel normal to me. 🤣

• Love 5
On 4/7/2022 at 5:46 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think the body positivity movement is wonderful. I think the attitude has gotten much healthier since the 90s and early 2000s regarding bigger bodies and curves, even if we now have more pressure to have bigger boobs and butts. 

But one of my pet peeves is sometimes people don't seem to believe that some folks really are genuinely smaller and couldn't be lusciously curvy even if they tried. So even though I want the Sophia Lorens and Christina Hendricks of the world to be celebrated and not shamed for not being size 0s, a lot of us can't look like that either. Some people talk like 'oh curves are great. Men like a curvier body over super skinny one." I do have hips and a waist, but my frame is small for a tall lady. (To give you an idea, my band size is around 30-32, more typical for short women.) I have dealt with an eating disorder when I was younger, and I make a point to keep enough weight on. But my healthy weight is still going to be less than most women my height. 

Another pet peeve, and I swear this is not a humble brag, is vanity sizing. At places like H&M, trust me, my butt will not fit into their smallest jeans. But sometimes I have a hard time finding work dresses that aren't too big for me at department stores. I know it's a pain when you are plus size and can't find stuff, but sometimes people think thin women easily find clothes. Not true. Oh and it's also a pet peeve that so many cute dresses and skirts are cut for women around 5'2". 

Meh, those “cute” dresses and skirts don’t work on us either.  And 30 band sizes?  They’re darn near impossible to find.  I buy my bras online because most stores don’t carry 30B!

• Love 2
(edited)

Being short waisted, add me to the list who would look awful in high-rise jeans.  I didn't realize those had made a comeback.  Payback, I guess, for the era in which the industry seemed in competition to see how low their low-rise could go.  (I haven't bought jeans in many years; I have several pair that fit perfectly, so I've been rotating through them for a long time [I don't wear jeans as often as many people do, so they last].)

My peeve du jour:  People who announce they're going to pick up their toys and go home as a blatant ploy to see how many "no, don't go" responses they can get, come back the next week, go through the same "I'm outta here" routine the week after that, and on and on.  How can I miss you when you won't go away?

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 10
On 4/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

It's so strange how tight/skinny jeans have taken over, but at the same time dresses have become baggier. Why can't we have balance?

People talk about all the cute stuff you can find at Target. And yes, you can find cute swimwear, tops, etc. But the dresses are all maternity style to me. I don't like skintight clothes, but I like stuff that flatters my figure. If I want to bargain shop, I do still have more luck at places like TJ Maxx. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Short waisted petite here.  I can’t wear anything tucked in without looking like a box!  And on top of that, I hate blazers unless it doesn’t have structured shoulders.  

(edited)
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's so strange how tight/skinny jeans have taken over, but at the same time dresses have become baggier. Why can't we have balance?

People talk about all the cute stuff you can find at Target. And yes, you can find cute swimwear, tops, etc. But the dresses are all maternity style to me. I don't like skintight clothes, but I like stuff that flatters my figure. If I want to bargain shop, I do still have more luck at places like TJ Maxx. 

This year you’re still out of luck. It’s wall-to-wall granny maternity dresses at TJ’s and Burlington Coat Factory. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Useful 1
On 4/8/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bastet said:

Being short waisted, add me to the list who would look awful in high-rise jeans.  I didn't realize those had made a comeback.  Payback, I guess, for the era in which the industry seemed in competition to see how low their low-rise could go.  (I haven't bought jeans in many years; I have several pair that fit perfectly, so I've been rotating through them for a long time [I don't wear jeans as often as many people do, so they last].)

My peeve du jour:  People who announce they're going to pick up their toys and go home as a blatant ploy to see how many "no, don't go" responses they can get, come back the next week, go through the same "I'm outta here" routine the week after that, and on and on.  How can I miss you when you won't go away?

That's one reason that I don't announce it, I tend to get over things quickly. I will warn people if I think I'm not going to be around, just in case I'm there often enough to have people wonder why I suddenly fell off the planet. I wouldn't expect people to say, "Don't go" anyway.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
On 4/8/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bastet said:

SO funny, I just read this and this has actually just happened in a FB group I belong to.  She wasn't flouncing off in a huff, just announced on Friday that she was taking a break from social media, how it was so toxic and she needed to back away from it for sanity's sake.  So the break lasted from about 11 pm Friday night to about 10 am this morning.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Periods when you have a lot of stuff to do, and being late on your cycle. I normally work from home and don't have a ton going on, but this next week is going to be full of stuff. I will be going out of town too. I'm scared of being in pain and don't know what to pack clothing wise either. I've been avoiding all my pretty pastel clothes for a week already.

• Love 5

I'm still pretty isolated. I can be okay for a while, but I'm still depressed in my life away from the internet, so avoiding *everyone* does my brain in, too. 

I avoided people who were getting on my nerves, until it passed. I saw friends making fun of other people, over a few things, like food, hair, etc, and they were all things that I use, or eat. I just had that "is that what they think about me?" sinking feeling. 

A guy I'm acquainted with, admitted that he is feeling extreme anxiety around everyone, and that can be me. I actually miss the time when I was agoraphobic, because I had my family, I was working on things that I loved - my social needs were taken care of, for the most part, and I could shut a lot out. I was politically aware, and wrote letters/made calls, I didn't shut everything out. But I had my soft place to land. I had my trusted people. That feeling comes and goes now. 

Oh, peeve: conspiracy theories shifting. I can't get into it, because it's political.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, bilgistic said:

This is what I look like in high-rise pants.

81d65779321ac119695816bb1d0fe7a4.jpg

SAME! Tall-person legs on 5'4" body*! And is sucks because I have a fabulous pair of vintage '70s bell bottoms that have a high waist -- they are incredible (if not exactly comfortable; I definitely prefer the feel of a lower waist).

*That's another thing: inseams! I feel like longer inseams, which I need, tend to be in jeans sizes that are too big for me!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

SAME! Tall-person legs on 5'4" body*! And is sucks because I have a fabulous pair of vintage '70s bell bottoms that have a high waist -- they are incredible (if not exactly comfortable; I definitely prefer the feel of a lower waist).

*That's another thing: inseams! I feel like longer inseams, which I need, tend to be in jeans sizes that are too big for me!

I'm the same. Freakishly long legs, short torso. I love high waisted jeans.

22 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

And jean sizing sometimes vanity sizes.  Or maybe it's just that some are lower waist.  I have size 23 jeans from Joe's and Seven and I'm more 24 or 25.  Well, I was when I was wearing jeans in the "before times."  I'm not sure if I'm still there.  I've been living on elastic waist leggings and tunics for the past two years.  

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, PRgal said:

And jean sizing sometimes vanity sizes.  Or maybe it's just that some are lower waist.  I have size 23 jeans from Joe's and Seven and I'm more 24 or 25.  Well, I was when I was wearing jeans in the "before times."  I'm not sure if I'm still there.  I've been living on elastic waist leggings and tunics for the past two years.  

My goodness you have a small waist! 

I’m really short so mid rise come up over my pooch near my belly button. I feel like I have to hem everything. It isn’t easy to wear adult clothes when basically a kids size 12 fits and I don’t want to wear Elsa from Frozen or kids prints. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm still processing that my former coworker with whom I became very close has completely "ghosted" me. Our last text exchange was on December 30. In July 2021, she left the company we both worked for to go to law school in Kentucky. We were planning to get together at the beginning of January, but she got COVID just before Christmas. I've texted her numerous times and for a while, I thought something might be wrong/had happened to her. It was really uncharacteristic of her to just vanish.

A month or so ago, I finally saw that she was active on Instagram, as we follow each other. As a last-ditch effort, I emailed her on March 30 to ask if I'd done something wrong and to tell her I miss her. I've gotten no reply.

There's no solution to this; I'm just venting. We were fast friends, and I felt so fortunate to find her as I've not had a female friend in a long time. We laughed and laughed so much, and I will always be grateful for that. I'm just sad that she's moved on and didn't bother to tell me why. I deserve better and it hurts.

I've "muted" her stories so I don't see her posting on Instagram. I can't decide if I want to unfollow her or not. I had also given her some of my TV streaming logins, and I'm considering changing those.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Hugs 1