Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

AB posed with card board versions of the Grimes boys, holding Michonne's katana.

Also said she wants to be Comic book Andrea .

Which comes across as trolling to many Richonners.

Ridiculous! I don't have hate for the character or the actress, but an ex-hairdresser who has been inside walls for almost the entire apocalypse will never be comicAndrea. I think she's excited about her stint on the show, but I can't take her seriously regarding that.

• Love 1

AB posed with card board versions of the Grimes boys, holding Michonne's katana.

Also said she wants to be Comic book Andrea .

Which comes across as trolling to many Richonners.

I just had the oddest sensation.  Me emotionally divesting from this show.  I didn't mean to, but after watching the episode and seeing AB on TTD I realized that I don't really even want to watch anymore.  I don't like her (not her fault, just my gut reaction to her - and it was the same on AHS) and with the addition of her character and only her character, the show feels different.  The characters are acting different and most have been sidelined since they arrived.  I don't know.  Seeing her enthusiasm and jokingly taking the katana (read: thunder) from Michonne and wanting to be "Comic Book Andrea"  gave me shudders because I think that is indeed what they are getting ready to make happen.  I am not interested.  I hope this feeling passes - this was my favorite show.  But it all happened while watching TTD.  LOL.

• Love 3

I think Chandler Riggs is going to be on TD this week! They just posted this on FaceBook: What questions do you have about Carl and his new friend Enid? Post them here and host Chris Hardwick may ask them live on Talking Dead, Sunday at 10/9c.

• Love 2

I think Chandler Riggs is going to be on TD this week!

Maybe they were hoping to get Chandler last week, so the "special guest" was meant to be him.

(That idea makes me way happier than thinking TPTB already consider Jessie a fan favorite. I don't even know the actor's name yet.)

Edited by editorgrrl

Maybe they were hoping to get Chandler last week, so the "special guest" was meant to be him.

(That idea makes me way happier than thinking TPTB already consider Jessie a fan favorite. I don't even know the actor's name yet.)

Yeah, nothing against Alexandra Breckenridge, who I thought was good on American Horror Story and seems fine as Jessie, but I feel newly added-character/newly added castmember fatigue sometimes with this show, and would be more far more interested in Chandler as a TTD guest than anyone new.

• Love 1

I hope it's him, too. He's a major character, and he's just a few months shy of 16 - he's old enough to stay up late and hang out with the grown-ups :) I've always had a lot of empathy for Carl, even when he was a little kid who kept taking off without letting anyone know. Of course he would; he's a kid! I would have at his age, too. I'm glad that folks are giving him some more slack now. Also, CR is really getting the hang of this acting thing.

• Love 2

I don't know. TTD asks for SO MANY different topics, I had to unsubscribe from them! Also, "Carl and his new friend, Enid?" Lol. The last line he said to her was, "You don't like me, do you?"

It'd be cool though!

• Love 1

Totally unspoiled spec, mandolin, but I think we're due for another Enid sighting. Maybe Carl and Enid will strike up a friendship this week, and in that case, the question prompt would make sense.

• Love 2

Totally unspoiled spec, mandolin, but I think we're due for another Enid sighting. Maybe Carl and Enid will strike up a friendship this week, and in that case, the question prompt would make sense.

Yeah, that's my assumption, too, as I'm not spoiled for the series, either.

But don't forget, it isn't always about fan favorites---TTD seems to have a huge job of expositionistic conversation. Easier, apparently, than actually writing a script clearly.

• Love 1

That makes a lot more sense to me. I found it odd that they had two ASZhats on, and none of "our" people. So yea, maybe she was a last minute change. 

I would LOVE to see Chandler on! I've been saying this forever. I'm one of the few that has always loved Carl, and I'm just so impressed with how CR has grown over his time on the show. I've read a few things about him, and he always seems like a very sweet and down-to-earth kid. Excited for Sunday!

• Love 4

Agreed!  I'd love to see Chandler!  When the show first started his child acting was absolutely painful to me.  Now he is the one character whose death would leave me utterly inconsolable.  Not for a season break - I'd ALWAYS be upset about it.

• Love 3

But don't forget, it isn't always about fan favorites---TTD seems to have a huge job of expositionistic conversation. Easier, apparently, than actually writing a script clearly.

Yeah, but this way they get revenue for two shows instead of just one!

• Love 3

Awww, I really enjoy TTD. It's funny, and I enjoy hearing the different perspectives, especially when there are no cast members, and it's just other fans dishing about the episode. I like the behind-the-scenes segments, and - go ahead and laugh - I even enjoy the quizzes and the polls. I live in out in the sticks, and I have no one to decompress with after an episode; Chris Hardwick is my very excited little buddy who's all "Can you believe what just went down?" and I'm all, "I know, right?!" at the screen. Heh. I just read this back to myself, and, yeah, I definitely need to get a life :)

• Love 16

Aren't we your excited nerdy friends, too?

I hate the polls & quizzes—argh, that music! I hate Chris Hardwick touching all the food. (Seriously, those cookies were on a plate. Why in the hell did he have to pick one up & offer it to the question asker?!) But I watch every week.

• Love 5

Aren't we your excited nerdy friends, too?

I hate the polls & quizzes—argh, that music! I hate Chris Hardwick touching all the food. (Seriously, those cookies were on a plate. Why in the hell did he have to pick one up & offer it to the question asker?!) But I watch every week.

You are my excited nerdy friends, too :)  There were a lot of years of watching TWD alone before I found y'all, but being a good ex-Girl Scout, it's all about "Make new friends but keep the old." ("One is silver and the other gold." Sorry. I had to get that out of my head, or it would drive me crazy for the rest of the night.)

I never noticed that CH keeps handling the food. Ha! OK, we have to chip in and send you to the show so that the next time he does it, you can leap up and yell at him. "Stop playing with the food! What are you - a walker?!"

• Love 2

Awww, I really enjoy TTD. It's funny, and I enjoy hearing the different perspectives, especially when there are no cast members, and it's just other fans dishing about the episode. I like the behind-the-scenes segments, and - go ahead and laugh - I even enjoy the quizzes and the polls. I live in out in the sticks, and I have no one to decompress with after an episode; Chris Hardwick is my very excited little buddy who's all "Can you believe what just went down?" and I'm all, "I know, right?!" at the screen. Heh. I just read this back to myself, and, yeah, I definitely need to get a life :)

maystone - I enjoy it, too.  Unabashedly.  :-)

• Love 4

I like it too!  I just have big problems with the fact that you almost need to watch it to get filled in on what's going on with the show sometimes.  I like it better when people from the show aren't on it because they seem so tight lipped.  I could never go on there if I was on the show because I know I'd slip and say something that got me fired!

• Love 3

maystone - I enjoy it, too.  Unabashedly.  :-)

Me too (or three or four?)  I like CH's enthusiasm and think he usually keeps things moving pretty well.  Of course a lot depends on the guests but there's usually at least two good ones.  Ii was nice to see Denise Huth a couple of weeks ago; when they would do brief clips with her, she was so obviously thoughtful and loving her job; it was great to have her for more time.  The quizzes and stuff go by fast for me; yeah they're fluffy but that's OK.  I like the little behind the scenes pop up blurbs they show (Inside the Dead, I think it's called).  Sometimes I can't stay up to watch it, or don't if the guests don't interest me too much, but I DVR and watch later.

• Love 5

No Chandler Riggs tonight, but an interesting line up nonetheless:

Talking Dead airs tonight right after an all-new episode of The Walking Dead! Post your questions here for Steven Yeun (Glenn), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), and Tyler James Williams (Noah). Host Chris Hardwick may ask them live.

I'm spoiler free, but I did see the preview for SPEND. It looks to be a big Eugene episode, but I'm kind of nervous about Steven Yeun being there. I know, I know - it's not always The Couch of Dead Characters, but I worry.

• Love 3

No Chandler Riggs tonight, but an interesting line up nonetheless:

Talking Dead airs tonight right after an all-new episode of The Walking Dead! Post your questions here for Steven Yeun (Glenn), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), and Tyler James Williams (Noah). Host Chris Hardwick may ask them live.

I'm spoiler free, but I did see the preview for SPEND. It looks to be a big Eugene episode, but I'm kind of nervous about Steven Yeun being there. I know, I know - it's not always The Couch of Dead Characters, but I worry.

3 Cast members?  Damn they must have a bunch of exposition to tell us about tonight's show!

• Love 2

I know there was a convention somewhere this weekend, so the fact that it's all cast members on tonight's show might very well just be convenience - they are on a 'work' weekend anyway, all in the same place. No need to juggle three different schedules to make it happen. 

I hate Chris Hardwick touching all the food. (Seriously, those cookies were on a plate. Why in the hell did he have to pick one up & offer it to the question asker?!)

Why does your post make me think of Rick Grimes refusing to let Carl eat dog food...and ultimately serving Carl an actual dog.

• Love 3

I know there was a convention somewhere this weekend, so the fact that it's all cast members on tonight's show might very well just be convenience - they are on a 'work' weekend anyway, all in the same place. No need to juggle three different schedules to make it happen.

All three guests were at Walker Stalker Con in Dallas, Texas, this weekend. But isn't Talking Dead filmed in Los Angeles, California?

The 'amused by perversity' in me is kinda hoping Hardwick leadingly says to McDermitt, "So, Rick and Jessie... I'm guessing Eugene is a bit interested in that possible 'partnership' development.  I bet he's keeping a close eye on them, and is ready to take things in hand if it does happen."

All three guests were at Walker Stalker Con in Dallas, Texas, this weekend. But isn't Talking Dead filmed in Los Angeles, California?

Yes, but I meant that given all three guests were planning on being in Dallas, they would all be available to be in LA the next day. Rather than having to pull Steven from NYC(which I think is where is?) and Josh from LA, etc, and hoping they didn't have other commitments

Oh Steven, you are so handsome. 

I am not worried. I don't think that any more characters are going to die this season, but if any do, it will be in the finale.

Well, I got this one wrong. 

• Love 2

Last week, Chris Hardwick told us to "suck it" for saying "surprise cast member" means somebody dies. So I predict they're playing head games & one of tonight's guests is going to die.

Smartygrrrl!

Wait. . . quiz trivia. . . there are lots of strawberries featured in "Christian art"?

Edited by candall
  • Love 3

I hope that no one else dies this season.

And Chris Hardwick did not manhandle the strawberries!

Bwah. I was thinking the same. Maybe a producer talked to him about handling the food before giving it to people.

• Love 2

Agree, loved Steven toasting Nicotero. He also gave shoutouts to the actors that played Aiden and Nicholas. I've never seen him on before (I don't think?); he seems very sweet and gracious. 

I love when Josh is on, because I oddly find him adorable. 

• Love 9

Goddam, cover that ripped up dummy of Tyler William James. It's gross and no one looked happy to have it up there.

It was grotesque. TJW looked very uncomfortable with it, and the screen split with it and him was in poor taste.

What did Hardwick say that made the audience groan/react and he said he shouldn't have said it?

• Love 1