Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Gosselin: Kate + Hate

Probably going to laugh at me, but...

She's among the other 2/3 of the contestants I've never heard of...well not exactly not heard of...the name I've heard here and there, seen in grocery store checkout aisles. But I've never become attached to what she looks like or any details, nothing.

So...in my own head canon, I've told myself for years and assumed that she was Ryan Gosling's (never bothered to clarify the spelling of her name) sister who wasn't engaging at anything like in a Frank Stalone/Eric Roberts sort of way...Zsa Zsa Gabor, even, in that she's just related to someone else more known but desperately puts their self out there. And that she wrote a blog/column in one of those mom magazines about a bunch of kids she has that may or may not be her own or she runs a daycare or something and may have gotten one of the housemom channels to give her a show about it. And that she may or may not be a Mormon or fundamental Christian, but like the kind that tries to convince the world that they're just like everyone else and open-minded (Osmond-y). I dunno.

So imagine my surprise (and letdown) when I finally felt compelled enough to wiki her just for this show.

Edited by Tandaemonium
  • Love 2

So far she's been on her best behavior for this show, although her kissing up to Trump is SO obvious even he probably has to see it around the edges of his ginormous ego.

She'll be a mid-show boot at best, but surprisingly on the Kate Gosselin scale of embarrassing behavior/bad press, she seems to be doing more good for herself with this show (so far) than bad. Being a little incompetent and kind of dumb, but coming off as righteous about her work ethic has probably on balance been a good thing. Of course there's plenty of this show left for her to torpedo any gains she's made on her image.

• Love 1

She is a dumb as a box of rocks and this show is proving it.

Rule number one:  Never let your mouth hang open-you will look like a idiot/moron.  

Rule #2:  Never chew gum, you look like a cow chewing it's cud.

Don;t believe me, watch Kate and you will see.

I will say this, so far, she has had a good edit but some of those women will chew her up and spit her out several times.  

WTF did she need a bodyguard to do this show?  Yep, good ole Steve was there as her "bodyguard"( makes you wonder what he is really guarding?????).  DT has stated that never before has a celebrity shown up with a bodyguard in tow.  She is a has been F-list reality former has-been.  She is such a fake plastic bitch with an ego as nasty as Geraldo's.

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 6

I never watched her show with Jon and the kids. It was only after they broke up and she became the darling of the tabloids that I heard of her. I watched a little bit of her on DWTS but she was so stiff, and couldn't take direction from her partner, that I was glad she got booted early.

Now she's back on TV with her kids again. They don't appear to be enjoying it, either, just from the commercials I've seen. And as a woman who colors her hair, I will never understand what the appeal is with dying your hair blonde and purposely leaving dark roots showing. I've even seen women wearing wigs (Kim Zolciak) with this look. I don't get it.

I do agree with you that I think she's going to be steamrolled by the stronger women on her team.

And a bodyguard? Really? Who would want to approach her in a bad way?

• Love 3

Her and Shawn seem to have formed an early bond.  Mother/daughter type of instinct or did they know each other from being DWTS alums? They weren't on the same season were they??

I've watched all the Jon and Kate + 8 and just Kate + 8 and she just cracks me up. In a "I love you as entertainment but I would totally hate you in real life" 

Did anyone ever see that show where Kate Gosselin and all her kids went up to Alaska to visit Sarah Palin and her family?  I don't know if it was one of the Kate + 8 series or if it was that show where Sarah Palin showed us all the ways she can see Russia from her house. Anyway, whoever at TLC had the idea for the show was a GENIUS and is probably sitting on a gold throne in the CEO's office right now.

For a start, these are two women who are both used to being the centre of attention in any gathering, and they disliked one another on sight. It pissed down with rain the whole time and I learned that Kate Gosselin is some kind of a mogwai who turns into a monster when she gets wet, because she was a BITCH the entire time. I actually felt sorry for Palin, which is some going because I cannot bear that woman. But she was looking forward to showing Kate + 8 the joys of Alaska, and Kate was having none of it.

They went on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, which was a huge shock to Kate - no Starbucks? She left the kids in the care of Palin and one of her daughters, and couldn't believe that camping really does involve an actual tent that is pegged to the ground. IIRC, when the kids were making smores (and clearly having the most fun they'd had in ages) Kate pulled the plug and told them that no, they weren't going to sleep outside in a tent at night. In fact, they were all going home. When they protested, she told them they were now Palins and walked off and left them. I truly think most of them would have stayed in Alaska, given the chance.

To her credit, Sarah Palin stood her ground and she and her kids stayed out overnight in the tents. She seemed genuinely upset that the Gosselin kids had missed out on the opportunity to camp in Alaska (and to see Russia ...)

I thought it was incredibly ill-mannered of Kate Gosselin to behave in that way - although the bods at TLC were probably delighted because it was far more interesting than if they'd all got along and sat round the camp fire singing Kumbaya. The woman came across as totally selfish, putting her own comfort and needs ahead of her children who (I agree with Sarah Palin) would probably have loved the experience of camping in Alaska.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 7

I remember that episode.  The Palins were very welcoming to Kate and kids, but Kate had a stank attitude from the get-go.  I can't imagine ruining my kids' camping adventure to whine about my personal discomfort over and over and over...most moms would've just sucked it up and been glad their kids were having a good time.

• Love 5

I remember the Palin/Alaska/Kate episode too. I cannot stand Palin or Kate and I agree that even so I was feeling a little sympathy toward Palin. Kate Gosselin defines the word insufferable. This is the first Apprentice season I've ever watched, mainly to see Sig and Kate. I would so like to see the unedited version.

• Love 3

OMG she has a bodyguard?????????????

Steve has been her "bodyguard" for several years now.  At least 6-7 years.  Yep, the married man even was sleeping in her house when she and Jon were still in same house-not the McMansion.  Steve has been photographed holding her purse.  This is a man who once worked for President Clinton and other heads of State.   Never understood why someone of his caliber would be willing to be nothing more than purse holder/bodyguard for the likes of her.  Rumors as early as 2008-09 have him as her boyfriend.  He was sleeping upstairs in the house and Jon had been kicked to sleeping downstairs in the basement.

This is also a woman who has been photographed striking her then husband, Jon, beating her children with a wooden spoon and hands.  The verbal abuse is unreal that she unleashed.  All of this was videotaped and shown on the show.  She has allowed filming of the very most private areas of her children's lives.  Potty training and bath times.  Full frontal nudity of those children.

She has no friends.

Maybe she has a bodyguard to make sure that no one does to her what she does to others.

• Love 12

Her and Shawn seem to have formed an early bond.  Mother/daughter type of instinct or did they know each other from being DWTS alums? They weren't on the same season were they??

I've watched all the Jon and Kate + 8 and just Kate + 8 and she just cracks me up. In a "I love you as entertainment but I would totally hate you in real life" 

I noticed that too. Or rather, Kate seems to like Shawn and Shawn is nice and tolerates Kate. They were never on the same season. Normally I'd speculate they still had mutual friends from DWTS but as it's Kate...

• Love 2

Did anyone ever see that show where Kate Gosselin and all her kids went up to Alaska to visit Sarah Palin and her family?  I don't know if it was one of the Kate + 8 series or if it was that show where Sarah Palin showed us all the ways she can see Russia from her house. Anyway, whoever at TLC had the idea for the show was a GENIUS and is probably sitting on a gold throne in the CEO's office right now.

For a start, these are two women who are both used to being the centre of attention in any gathering, and they disliked one another on sight. It pissed down with rain the whole time and I learned that Kate Gosselin is some kind of a mogwai who turns into a monster when she gets wet, because she was a BITCH the entire time. I actually felt sorry for Palin, which is some going because I cannot bear that woman. But she was looking forward to showing Kate + 8 the joys of Alaska, and Kate was having none of it.

They went on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, which was a huge shock to Kate - no Starbucks? She left the kids in the care of Palin and one of her daughters, and couldn't believe that camping really does involve an actual tent that is pegged to the ground. IIRC, when the kids were making smores (and clearly having the most fun they'd had in ages) Kate pulled the plug and told them that no, they weren't going to sleep outside in a tent at night. In fact, they were all going home. When they protested, she told them they were now Palins and walked off and left them. I truly think most of them would have stayed in Alaska, given the chance.

To her credit, Sarah Palin stood her ground and she and her kids stayed out overnight in the tents. She seemed genuinely upset that the Gosselin kids had missed out on the opportunity to camp in Alaska (and to see Russia ...)

I thought it was incredibly ill-mannered of Kate Gosselin to behave in that way - although the bods at TLC were probably delighted because it was far more interesting than if they'd all got along and sat round the camp fire singing Kumbaya. The woman came across as totally selfish, putting her own comfort and needs ahead of her children who (I agree with Sarah Palin) would probably have loved the experience of camping in Alaska.

Can we please as a country stop referring to Palin and "I can see Russia from my house?" She NEVER said it until she was making fun of us for all of our repeating it, ad nauseum (emphasis on nausea). Tina Fey said it when mocking her on SNL. I also felt really bad for Palin's parents in that episode. Chuck was taking such joy in showing the kids how to fish and enjoy nature. He was a teacher so he has an infinity for teaching and used every opportunity to teach his kids and shared his love of his adopted home state. 

I started Jon & Kate loving Kate and understood when your husband doesn't get it, but, she showed her true colors and I don't blame Jon for stepping out and that cold hearted shrew. She emasculated him and I blame him for not stepping up and stopping it. 

Edited by Mom2twoNonna2one
  • Love 8

Kate G illustrates all that is wrong with reality shows. Kids grow up to be teens and then adults. Yes parents take photos and videos of their kids all the time, and sometime embarrass their kids by showing these to others. It's bad enough when someone is embarrassed by a bad hairstyle, or a goofy dance, in front of friends or relatives. But imagine if your toilet training, tantrums, misbehavior, talks with your parents about anything private, sibling conflicts, were all made public for entertainment! The kids had no say in making their lives public, they have lived their childhoods in front of cameras just so their parents could be famous and rich. Anywhere they go, they carry the baggage of everyone having access to their childhood.

When I've seen these kids on talk shows, they are often sullen and angry, sometimes refusing to talk. And it's excused by the fact that they have money because of the show.

It's just a terrible way to raise kids.

• Love 5

I totally agree about Palin.  This is what happens to things on the internet.  Here is her exact quote:

"They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

• Love 5

Right, it's the funny "I can see Russia from my house" is Tina Fey. You can actually see Russia from the most western part of Alaska. Of course you can, it's open air and relatively close. Alaska is on my dream list. Having Kate live about 4 hours from me is not!

• Love 3

Steve has been her "bodyguard" for several years now.  At least 6-7 years.  Yep, the married man even was sleeping in her house when she and Jon were still in same house-not the McMansion.  Steve has been photographed holding her purse.  This is a man who once worked for President Clinton and other heads of State.   Never understood why someone of his caliber would be willing to be nothing more than purse holder/bodyguard for the likes of her.  Rumors as early as 2008-09 have him as her boyfriend.  He was sleeping upstairs in the house and Jon had been kicked to sleeping downstairs in the basement.

This is also a woman who has been photographed striking her then husband, Jon, beating her children with a wooden spoon and hands.  The verbal abuse is unreal that she unleashed.  All of this was videotaped and shown on the show.  She has allowed filming of the very most private areas of her children's lives.  Potty training and bath times.  Full frontal nudity of those children.

She has no friends.

Maybe she has a bodyguard to make sure that no one does to her what she does to others.

Dang. I had no idea!! I kind of thought she was scrappy since she is divorced from a dude who was barely employed there for awhile and she is trying to support those kids...have no idea how much she made on her shows though.

I'm not aware Kate was photographed hitting her children with a wooden spoon.  I did read that book by Robert Hoffman, though, and that was one of the things he alleged.  On the other hand, Hoffman was Jon's friend, and I don't think he was unbiased.  Kate WAS verbally abusive to Jon on the show.  I might have done worse if I'd had to put up with his cluelessness.  I just don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be, but then I don't know her in real life.  I also believe Kate was stuck in a pressure cooker due to the demands of filming and personal appearances, along with having 8 kids and a childish husband. 

Hoffman said that Jon moved into the apartment over the garage once the marriage unraveled.  I don't recall him claiming that bodyguard Steve was sleeping upstairs with Kate while Jon was in the basement.

One thing for sure, though, Kate is polarizing.  People either like her or absolutely hate her.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 7

I remember the Palin/Alaska/Kate episode too. I cannot stand Palin or Kate and I agree that even so I was feeling a little sympathy toward Palin. Kate Gosselin defines the word insufferable. This is the first Apprentice season I've ever watched, mainly to see Sig and Kate. I would so like to see the unedited version.

I so feel the same as the rest of the posters here on that show. It was the best Kate & 8 ever (I think it was in Kate's series and not Palin's). I loved when Kate was standing under the umbrella. I could sort of watch it again and again. Maybe it's on netflix.

ETA: No, I was wrong. It was on Sarah Pailn's Alaska. I'm looking at the best of on TLC. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 1

Right, it's the funny "I can see Russia from my house" is Tina Fey. You can actually see Russia from the most western part of Alaska. Of course you can, it's open air and relatively close. Alaska is on my dream list. Having Kate live about 4 hours from me is not!

Isn't the westernmost part of Alaska way out on an archipelago of Islands that nobody lives on?

Some people here have predicted that the time will come -- probably fairly soon -- when the stronger women make mincemeat of Kate. I just watched the Sarah Palin's Alaska "Alaskan Hospitality" with the Gosselins. It's available on Amazon for $1.99. Anyway, I believe you can see there, just how Kate will be on her final episode of Celebrity Apprentice. It's kind of fun if you like that sort of thing. 

• Love 1

Can we please as a country stop referring to Palin and "I can see Russia from my house?" She NEVER said it until she was making fun of us for all of our repeating it, ad nauseum (emphasis on nausea). Tina Fey said it when mocking her on SNL. I also felt really bad for Palin's parents in that episode. Chuck was taking such joy in showing the kids how to fish and enjoy nature. He was a teacher so he has an infinity for teaching and used every opportunity to teach his kids and shared his love of his adopted home state. 

Thank you so much, Mom2twoNonna2one, for saying this, it really aggravates me too when it is said that Sarah Palin made that comment, I had a link prepared to show she had never said it.

I did see bits of that camping episode, I really disliked Kate Gosselin before that, disliked her even more after.  You are right, Sarah's dad was so excited to show the kids how to camp ad fish, etc. and Kate just had to destroy any of the fun. 

cooksdelight, on 10 Jan 2015 - 4:08 PM, said:

I envision her crying like a baby and begging not to be fired.

Oh, yes, she will cry and beg. In addition to that, she will have to remind everyone how she is a single parent to 8, count them, 8 kids and should be allowed to win CA based on that alone. 

This comment from one of the judges on DWtS about Kate just cracked me up!

Judge Bruno Tonioli slammed Gosselin and partner Tony Dovolani’s Viennese waltz. “It looked like Tony was pushing a shopping cart around the floor,” he told the mom of eight.

• Love 2

I remember that episode. The Palins were very welcoming to Kate and kids, but Kate had a stank attitude from the get-go. I can't imagine ruining my kids' camping adventure to whine about my personal discomfort over and over and over...most moms would've just sucked it up and been glad their kids were having a good time.

Maybe she was on her period?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

Big Diomede (Russia) and Little Diomede (US) are about 2.5 miles away from each other.  So yes US and Russia technically are visible to each other.  That said, "I can see Russia from my house," while a Tina Fey spoof, let's just say there's a reason why it stuck and it makes me laugh.  Sarah and Kate, dumb and dumber.  But I felt sorry for the little Palin girl, she thought she made some new friends her own age but Kate had to ruin it.  If she didn't want to camp, fine, just go sleep in the luxury filming trailer that was probably 10 feet out of camera frame and let the kids enjoy themselves.  But no, if she isn't having fun then no one else can either.  She acts like the kids are an extension of herself and not their own individual people.   She grosses me out.

• Love 6

I'm not aware Kate was photographed hitting her children with a wooden spoon.  I did read that book by Robert Hoffman, though, and that was one of the things he alleged.  On the other hand, Hoffman was Jon's friend, and I don't think he was unbiased.  Kate WAS verbally abusive to Jon on the show.  I might have done worse if I'd had to put up with his cluelessness.  I just don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be, but then I don't know her in real life.  I also believe Kate was stuck in a pressure cooker due to the demands of filming and personal appearances, along with having 8 kids and a childish husband. 

Hoffman said that Jon moved into the apartment over the garage once the marriage unraveled.  I don't recall him claiming that bodyguard Steve was sleeping upstairs with Kate while Jon was in the basement.

One thing for sure, though, Kate is polarizing.  People either like her or absolutely hate her.

Steve being around was hidden by TLC for a long time.  When they flew to Utah, you can see him on the plane seated in front of Kate.  Jon was employed before the tups were born and then he had a job after that.  He was an IT person.  Don't remember why he left, maybe the show caused it.

As for Robert Hoffman, he and Jon were not friends when all this started.  Robert was assigned to the circus called Gosselin.  They became somewhat friendly when the G's moved to the McMasion.

A lot of whitewashing was done to "clean" up Kate and Jon.  She had the audacity to trash what was donated to them because the cribs did not match.  She even made fun of the remodeling that had been done to the house.  They begged for everything and lied about the rest.  Robert Hoffman did his research.  He talked to people that were there when the tups were brought home, researched public records concerning what the state of Penn gave them.

She is an ungrateful bitch and several other things.  She is nothing special, she is a fake.  Fake boobs, face, hair, body.  She is a liar, grifter and a taker. She doesn't even get along with her own family,  She has cut them out of her life. She is intolerable.  Ask those that has the misfortune of having to work with her or be in the vicinity of her.

As for the beating with the spoon, the picture was on ROL or one of those sites.  She has been photographed striking Jon too.

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 9

"Steve being around" isn't the same thing as cavorting with Kate in the master bedroom while poor Jon sleeps in the basement.  Steve was around because TLC hired him as a bodyguard.

Here's what Hoffman says in his book about Jon:  "I like Jon Gosselin---a lot.  He's my friend.  I've traveled with him and partied with him and have been with him through his highest highs and his lowest lows."  It would be hard to feel this way about Jon and to have a good opinion of Kate.

I believe there was only ever a photo of a wooden spoon and never any photo or video of Kate hitting any of the children.

At any case, I don't want to ignite an argument about whether everyone should like or hate Kate.  Mileage may vary and all that.

• Love 1

I think I watched every episode of her shows, and she never struck a child on camera, although she was a very strict mother.  The spanking was caught at least once by a pap when she and her brood were out and about.  As to polarizing - she's probably one of the biggest.  

Big Diomede (Russia) and Little Diomede (US) are about 2.5 miles away from each other.  So yes US and Russia technically are visible to each other.  That said, "I can see Russia from my house," while a Tina Fey spoof, let's just say there's a reason why it stuck and it makes me laugh.

Exactly.  Her true comment was a moronic attempt to claim foreign policy experience.  Governors are always weak in this area, and everyone knows it.  It was just another sign of her utter stupidity.  As to poor Sarah being credited words she never said - boo hoo.  She can kiss my ass, especially after her recent comments about Obama eating dead dogs and what a little punk he was when he was six years old.  Pathetic creature.

Edited by CuriousParker
Removed TWOP Mod Talk
  • Love 9

"Steve being around" isn't the same thing as cavorting with Kate in the master bedroom while poor Jon sleeps in the basement.  Steve was around because TLC hired him as a bodyguard.

Here's what Hoffman says in his book about Jon:  "I like Jon Gosselin---a lot.  He's my friend.  I've traveled with him and partied with him and have been with him through his highest highs and his lowest lows."  It would be hard to feel this way about Jon and to have a good opinion of Kate.

I believe there was only ever a photo of a wooden spoon and never any photo or video of Kate hitting any of the children.

At any case, I don't want to ignite an argument about whether everyone should like or hate Kate.  Mileage may vary and all that.

Never said he was sleeping with Kate at that house.  Just that Jon was in the basement and Steve was sleeping upstairs.  Robert was first assigned to report of the circus called the Gosselins.  I know that he has stated that they were friends.  Kate did beat those children and it was photographed.  Either way, Kate is a sorry excuse of a human being and even worse as a parent.  Ask anyone who had the misfortune of being around her.  

The marriage had been over prior to the move to the McMansion.  In the episode where it was first shown, her remarks were "It's mine ALL mine".  Don't forget how she went off about the bedroom being her bedroom and no one was to enter.  There is a very long list of things.  As I said, TLC did a great job in whitewashing their sorry asses, mostly hers.

Why did the WHOLE camera crew walk out of the house the night that the "gum gate" incident happened?  Let's not forget about the pinching she did to one of the children on a talk show or even what she did to Maddy when Maddy was thirsty.  All of that video has been released.

She and Jon both put their own small children to work so their sorry asses could reap the benefits.  

• Love 6

The first I saw of Kate was a special she did with the kids years ago, and I purposely haven't seen her since until this show.  She looks like an old crone and acts like a very, VERY unhappy person.  I think the only reason she took on this show was to get away from her kids and to get more, more and more TV exposure.  She acts like a woman with a mission, though I'm not sure she actually knows what that mission is.

Kate acts like a game player.  She can be brutal and wretched, yet she can turn around, get crocodile tears in her eyes, and beg for mercy.  How she acts depends on the situation.  Case in point: She was brutal with Brandi for calling her lazy, and if the cameras hadn't been rolling, she'd gladly have flailed at Brandi with the nearest knife!  A short time later, when she feared being fired, the tears began rolling, and she pleaded with Trump, "Please don't fire me!  Please don't!"  *sniff, sniff*

The sooner that Kate is off of this show, the happier I will be.  I don't see Kate as a "celebrity" in the first place, yet I see why she's on the show.  Trump always has a few people for the audience to hate, and that's exactly why Kate was hired.  I hope her stay is a short one so she can move along to her next bid for publicity.

• Love 4

Brandi is more than capable of taking on Kate - she's a pretty nasty bitch herself.  As unlikeable as Kate has proven herself to be, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say she would have attacked Brandi with a knife if the camera wasn't there.  And to whether Kate is a "celebrity", I think she's on par with Brandi.  Brandi is famous for being dumped by a C-level actor.  Anyone who watches RHoBH knows that Brandi is pretty bottom of the barrel.  I think Kate and Brandi deserve each other.

• Love 4

I so feel the same as the rest of the posters here on that show. It was the best Kate & 8 ever (I think it was in Kate's series and not Palin's). I loved when Kate was standing under the umbrella. I could sort of watch it again and again. Maybe it's on netflix.

ETA: No, I was wrong. It was on Sarah Pailn's Alaska. I'm looking at the best of on TLC.

I must have been on Kate Plus 8 too. I saw the episode and I've never watched Palin's show.

Kate was shown in a magazine spanking Leah in their driveway. Apparently Kate was on her phone as the kids played in the driveway and Leah was making too much noise playing. So the witch spanked her.

I wouldn't be able to be in the same room with this woman and not smack the shit out of her.

I'll never forget her yelling at a hysterically crying 3 year old boy and threatening to throw his security toy in the garbage. That poor little boy was sobbing his little heart out.

• Love 6

I don't understand why these networks keep foisting this bitch face on the American public.  No one likes her, her cable show did poorly in the ratings after the divorce from Jon and TLC cancelled it.  They brought it back for specials now and then but I think those also did mediocre.  Now they're bringing that show back again too.  I don't get it.

• Love 2

I must have been on Kate Plus 8 too. I saw the episode and I've never watched Palin's show.

There were two parts - the arrival to Alaska and the touristy bits were on Kate's show, while the camping snitfit was on Palin's show.

I liked how TLC ended the first version of K+8 - Kate having the mother of all tantrums, leading the babysitter to say that she is sick of her before getting the hell out of that situation. That's basically Kate.

• Love 4

No wait a minute....Even though I've missed the first few, I'd forgotten somehow about the frequent fundraisers this show does. Kate's favorite charity is hers and her's alone. Exactly who does she know with deep pockets? To this day she bitches and moans about not enough television jobs for her to take caee of her and her 8, count em 8 children. And she;s still paying Steve the bodyguard? Just wow! 

• Love 1

Kate was shown in a magazine spanking Leah in their driveway. Apparently Kate was on her phone as the kids played in the driveway and Leah was making too much noise playing. So the witch spanked her.

I wouldn't be able to be in the same room with this woman and not smack the shit out of her.

I'll never forget her yelling at a hysterically crying 3 year old boy and threatening to throw his security toy in the garbage. That poor little boy was sobbing his little heart out.

That is the night that is referred to as "GumGate". That is what kicked the whole thing off was a piece of gum.  That is also the night the WHOLE crew walked out and never went back.  Rumor was that she beat the crap out of him and destroyed several items in the house. (I said RUMOR-but I do believe something very bad happened because the crew walked out and refused to work with her again.)

By Kate's own written words, she has beaten her children.  She wrote about beating one of the boys (at that time-they were still in cribs) that she "beat him back to the crib.

• Love 5

The issue with the gum was that the kids had spent the day with her sister in law, and while there they asked for gum.  The SIL asked them if their mom let them have gum, and they said she did.  Being young children, they didn't know to clarify that she only let them have gum on flights because that helps with the ear popping that people experience during take off and landing.  Anyway, Jon brought the kids home and Kate freaked out because she found a tiny bit of chewed gum on the bottom of one of the boys socks and the tantrum began.  "HOW did this happen?  How did you get gum on your sock?"  "Aunt Jodie let us have gum."  Then Kate found another bit of gum on the boys favorite stuffed toy.  "It's RUINED!  RUINED!"  Kate said she was going to throw the toy away, the boy cried, one of the older girls tried to protect him and started arguing with Kate.  I don't know where Jon was. 

Anyone remember how that ended?  I think that the boy got to keep his toy, but Kate got on the phone and ripped Aunt Jodie a new one.

BTW, the reason Kate was so anal about the kids clothes was because they must always match and when they were outgrown she sold the clothes at a consignment shop.  Not being able to resell a pair of socks would have meant disaster for all.

• Love 8

That is the night that is referred to as "GumGate". That is what kicked the whole thing off was a piece of gum.  That is also the night the WHOLE crew walked out and never went back.  Rumor was that she beat the crap out of him and destroyed several items in the house. (I said RUMOR-but I do believe something very bad happened because the crew walked out and refused to work with her again.)

By Kate's own written words, she has beaten her children.  She wrote about beating one of the boys (at that time-they were still in cribs) that she "beat him back to the crib.

I remember the episode where the child got gum on his stuffed animal.  Kate did over-react, but what parent hasn't had those extremely frustrating moments. 

I don't believe any of the other things are true, and I'd like to know the source for all these rumors.  There's no indication that the camera crew ever walked out on her and refused to come back.  As far as that goes, any one of them were perfectly free to contact CPS if they saw those children being abused.  Hell, their own father could've done something about it if it had really been going on.

Kate hasn't admitted to beating her children unless you count spankings as beatings, and I realize people have different feelings about that.

I think with Kate there's a lot of unfounded rumors that originated on Gosselin "hate blogs" that get repeated as if they are fact.  I don't want to rehash all the unpleasantness that has gone on in the past on forums about her.  I neither love nor hate the woman, but I am interested in verifiable truth.

• Love 9

I think with Kate there's a lot of unfounded rumors that originated on Gosselin "hate blogs" that get repeated as if they are fact.  I don't want to rehash all the unpleasantness that has gone on in the past on forums about her.  I neither love nor hate the woman, but I am interested in verifiable truth.

So much of it has been disproved over time.  This stuff all goes in the same pot as the Palin/Russia remark to me.  She was on TLC yesterday doing publicity for CA and Kate+8.  She said she is not dating that guy.  She also looked fabulous.  I like her hair straight.  The TLC staff was pretty fanboy about her looks.  So really if you don't like her you don't.  Same with Palin.  But just repeating a lie again and again doesn't make it true.

• Love 8

I don't understand why these networks keep foisting this bitch face on the American public.  No one likes her, her cable show did poorly in the ratings after the divorce from Jon and TLC cancelled it.  They brought it back for specials now and then but I think those also did mediocre.  Now they're bringing that show back again too.  I don't get it.

I know, you are right but I am ashamed to say that she defines 'hate watching' for me so I can't help myself.

• Love 1

So much of it has been disproved over time.  This stuff all goes in the same pot as the Palin/Russia remark to me.  She was on TLC yesterday doing publicity for CA and Kate+8.  She said she is not dating that guy.  She also looked fabulous.  I like her hair straight.  The TLC staff was pretty fanboy about her looks.  So really if you don't like her you don't.  Same with Palin.  But just repeating a lie again and again doesn't make it true.

He's married so I doubt she'll admit to it. 

He's married so I doubt she'll admit to it.

So far everything I've read about Jeff Prescott says he is divorced and a millionaire.  I hadn't seen anything yet that he was married.

• Love 1

So far everything I've read about Jeff Prescott says he is divorced and a millionaire.  I hadn't seen anything yet that he was married.

My bad, I thought I thought you were referring to her "bodyguard" Steve. 

Never said he was sleeping with Kate at that house.  Just that Jon was in the basement and Steve was sleeping upstairs.  Robert was first assigned to report of the circus called the Gosselins.  I know that he has stated that they were friends.  Kate did beat those children and it was photographed.  Either way, Kate is a sorry excuse of a human being and even worse as a parent.  Ask anyone who had the misfortune of being around her.  

The marriage had been over prior to the move to the McMansion.  In the episode where it was first shown, her remarks were "It's mine ALL mine".  Don't forget how she went off about the bedroom being her bedroom and no one was to enter.  There is a very long list of things.  As I said, TLC did a great job in whitewashing their sorry asses, mostly hers.

Why did the WHOLE camera crew walk out of the house the night that the "gum gate" incident happened?  Let's not forget about the pinching she did to one of the children on a talk show or even what she did to Maddy when Maddy was thirsty.  All of that video has been released.

She and Jon both put their own small children to work so their sorry asses could reap the benefits.  

I think Jon wanted off the show pretty soon after the first  couple of seasons. But Kate wasn't having it.  Sadly her desperate attempts to maintain the celebrity life style she has convinced herself she needs to support 8 kids has turned her into a nasty harridan. Watching the episode she did with the RV tour to the Grand Canyon(?) was a real eye opener. Even her one or two friends she had left got fed up with her, the nanny left for home early. Watching her have a melt down because someone ate the piece of pizza that was "reserved" for her bodyguard, who apparently "doesn't eat salad" was frightening.  Uptight and rigid doesn't begin to describe her.

• Love 5